PDA

View Full Version : Dustari Falling?

urmomsdumb2
01-07-2005, 05:18 PM
Im not trying to be rude, or disrepectful to anyone, i just believe that lately, Dustari has been falling apart, Yes, King Padren is busy, is understand, but the queen has not been on in quite some time, and i found out today, by looking in our members, that currently, we have no commander.I was wishing to speak with the commander about promotion, but i saw that we have not one appointed. And IN MY OPINION, that Dustari needs to pull together to fix this.

~~Soldier Lunus Astrian(Dustari)~~

foxyrain
01-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Im not trying to be rude, or disrepectful to anyone, i just believe that lately, Dustari has been falling apart, Yes, King Padren is busy, is understand, but the queen has not been on in quite some time, and i found out today, by looking in our members, that currently, we have no commander.I was wishing to speak with the commander about promotion, but i saw that we have not one appointed. And IN MY OPINION, that Dustari needs to pull together to fix this.

The Commander rank has been deleted from kingdom structure and has been replaced by Paladin and other ranks. A new rank structure will be coming out soon. As to your promotion, you would speak with the swordmaster who heads up your branch. When speaking with him, you would detail why you feel ready for a promotion and what you have done for the kingdom as a Soldier. You will of course be tested in areas of expertise for the next rank.
Ranks will not be given out because of time in rank but because of your abilities and kingdom work.

Queen Zoe Sagesun, Dustari

Zurkiba
01-08-2005, 01:41 AM
Does anyone smell the conditions that Tseng was removed? Anyone?

busyrobot
01-08-2005, 02:46 AM

First, you have been in Dustari for less than a week, and as I explained to you, you must first be a citizen for at least that long if you are a completely new member, and you should speak to the General or the Paladin in regards to training towards becoming a soldier, and after that has been completed you could be eligible for a promotion.

Second, I was not just busy but had resigned and left graal, and didn't even have gold for I believe all of December. I only upgraded on the 31st, so that is not a lot of time to put in, but in that time I already held one rp event, organized a GK general expansion that will help players play in character as pirates, merchants, and naval officers ic and have fun doing it, and have gotten that project approved by stefan. I have also started on graphics for that project.

I have helped Gryf with recoding his Dustari website, organized future RP events, and have been helping Dustarians improve their RP skills in general.

Dustari is definately on the rise, not in decline.

Regarding the ranks, we designed them specifically to have 'fail over' redundancy, meaning it is structured in a fashion where there is a lot of ranks but when they are not all filled, there are people above and below in the chain of command that can help fill that role when it isn't filled or the holder of that rank is offline. It is an important factor when you take into account that people are often not online all at the same time.

For instance, You could argue that a general and a field marshal are basically the same, but a general is always under the field marshal's command in heirarchy, but when the FM is not online or if we don't have one, the General is more or less acting FM.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it does bother me when I explain the process of promotions to a new member and the training that is required, and then see them promoted before they should be eligible.

Does anyone smell the conditions that Tseng was removed? Anyone?
All I smell is idiot, with a hint of opportunist. *moves to stand upwind of Zurkiba* :)

GryffonDurime
01-08-2005, 02:56 AM
All I smell is idiot, with a hint of opportunist. *moves to stand upwind of Zurkiba* :)

Padren, stones, glass houses, various things.

But the fact of the matter is that even if Dustari's isn't in decline, it isn't exactly at the top of it's game. All it's done is stablaize out at a low point- it's bad, but not getting worse. Problems need to be addressed, as you have seen, with new members not knowing the inner mechanics, not knowing even basic RP rules (ala the Event- you remember the two people I'm talking about). The University will help, but even still it might be time for a good ol' fashioned Tag Wipe :3.

Oh, and inactivity and whatnot, and getting a rank without having earned it any way...check the GUI for "Chancellor".

Had to drop that in there.

Zurkiba
01-08-2005, 03:20 AM
1+1 always equals 2...

Padren, your hypocrisy is showing.

busyrobot
01-08-2005, 03:25 AM
Padren, stones, glass houses, various things.

awww but its zurk... :(

But the fact of the matter is that even if Dustari's isn't in decline, it isn't exactly at the top of it's game. All it's done is stablaize out at a low point- it's bad, but not getting worse. Problems need to be addressed, as you have seen, with new members not knowing the inner mechanics, not knowing even basic RP rules (ala the Event- you remember the two people I'm talking about). The University will help, but even still it might be time for a good ol' fashioned Tag Wipe :3.

Oh, and inactivity and whatnot, and getting a rank without having earned it any way...check the GUI for "Chancellor".

Had to drop that in there.

We have a lot of good projects, and Dustari has suffered somewhat for sure in the last while, but if it did level out for a bit in a slump, it will keep going up from here.

urmomsdumb2
01-08-2005, 07:16 AM
First, you have been in Dustari for less than a week, and as I explained to you, you must first be a citizen for at least that long if you are a completely new member, and you should speak to the General or the Paladin in regards to training towards becoming a soldier, and after that has been completed you could be eligible for a promotion.

Second, I was not just busy but had resigned and left graal, and didn't even have gold for I believe all of December. I only upgraded on the 31st, so that is not a lot of time to put in, but in that time I already held one rp event, organized a GK general expansion that will help players play in character as pirates, merchants, and naval officers ic and have fun doing it, and have gotten that project approved by stefan. I have also started on graphics for that project.

I have helped Gryf with recoding his Dustari website, organized future RP events, and have been helping Dustarians improve their RP skills in general.

Dustari is definately on the rise, not in decline.

Regarding the ranks, we designed them specifically to have 'fail over' redundancy, meaning it is structured in a fashion where there is a lot of ranks but when they are not all filled, there are people above and below in the chain of command that can help fill that role when it isn't filled or the holder of that rank is offline. It is an important factor when you take into account that people are often not online all at the same time.

For instance, You could argue that a general and a field marshal are basically the same, but a general is always under the field marshal's command in heirarchy, but when the FM is not online or if we don't have one, the General is more or less acting FM.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but it does bother me when I explain the process of promotions to a new member and the training that is required, and then see them promoted before they should be eligible.

Hmm. King, i am upsert that u have called bme ignorant......Secondly, if you read up Queen Zoe, Said "Ranks will not be given out because of time in rank but because of your abilities and kingdom work" So hmm if you will look on "Pirates attack" i have posted there what i ahve done for the kingdom, which queen zoe said i shall be recognized.
And lastly, I believe you should not say i am ignorant, for there fore, you are calling dustari ignorant, for i am part of dustari, You are a good man, padren, but i believe you should not have called me that.

GryffonDurime
01-08-2005, 07:22 AM
Hmm. King, i am upsert that u have called bme ignorant......Secondly, if you read up Queen Zoe, whom i believe has power over you, Said "Ranks will not be given out because of time in rank but because of your abilities and kingdom work" So hmm if you will look on "Pirates attack" i have posted there what i ahve done for the kingdom, which queen zoe said i shall be recognized.
And lastly, I believe you should not say i am ignorant, for there fore, you are calling dustari ignorant, for i am part of dustari, You are a good man, padren, but i believe you should not have called me that.

Zoe dosen't out-rank Padren. Or at least she shouldn't. Learn your facts first, kid. You've got a lot of growing to do if you want to make it to Dustari's next Age, which is inevitably looming over any ruler, sooner or later.

Gryffon Anthony Durime, Taren of the Forests.

urmomsdumb2
01-08-2005, 07:26 AM
i mis spelled ....see i fixed it...i take responsiblity for my mis calculation..it was my fault..and yes i do know the rank system, i jsut didnt think.

busyrobot
01-08-2005, 08:25 AM
Hmm. King, i am upsert that u have called bme ignorant......Secondly, if you read up Queen Zoe, Said "Ranks will not be given out because of time in rank but because of your abilities and kingdom work" So hmm if you will look on "Pirates attack" i have posted there what i ahve done for the kingdom, which queen zoe said i shall be recognized.

I never once called you ignorant, I explained the ranks and that we have a standard one week for all citizens before they can move into the professional ranks.
Both Zoe and I are equal and enforce the one week rule, and I know you didn't get promoted to Soldier for fighting the pirates - you sign the post she responded to as soldier, which means before she stated the portion you quoted, you had already been promoted.

I think you are a good person, I just recommend that you become more familiar with the kingdom and roleplaying before you worry too much about rank. I appreciate you're enthusiastic, and that's a good quality, but you also have to work and show you are knowledgable in the profession you want to be promoted to.

urmomsdumb2
01-08-2005, 09:24 AM
yes, sry king padren, i have overreacted,im terribly sry, jsut been a bit testy lately, my fault.I agree with you, for you are a good man, i shall learn the ways and be on my best behavior

GoZelda
01-08-2005, 10:26 AM
yes, sry king padren, i have overreacted,im terribly sry, jsut been a bit testy lately, my fault.I agree with you, for you are a good man, i shall learn the ways and be on my best behavior
Wow, you're one of the few persons taht takls liek tihs but doesn't look like a complete retard. Respect, mang.

Lance
01-08-2005, 11:43 AM
This thread amuses me on several levels. Good show!

Khallos_2k2
01-09-2005, 12:24 AM
Very true, Lance

And Dustari's been in decline since the end of Aftershock's reign.