PDA

View Full Version : Welcome

Admins
01-05-2005, 09:08 PM
Several people asked me if they can help for Zone, so I have created this forum - post your graphics or other resources that you want to get online on Zone. We need weapons, items, tilesets and decoration, as weel as player helmets, bodies etc. If possible make a new thread for each type of gfx, so if you make 3 helmets then put them in the same thread, but when making graphics for a new weapon then open a new thread for it. You can of course also post your ideas and plans for what the graphics should be used.
If the graphics are added to the server then you will get some in-game money and will be mentioned in the help-screens.

Some projects where we need graphics:
- Heads, helmets and bodies for roboters - they use the same animations like the players, just have different look; they will be used for training areas and later possibly in new zones
- Item in-game graphics - gas mask (a helmet), flak jacket, kevlar (body gfx)
- More vehicles - tanks, helicopters (don't make them too big please)
- Tents which can be installed by players (no insides, just outside gfx, when you go into the tent then it is transparent)
- Graphics for the sidescroller-shooter-mission, we also need graphics for a Probotector-style mission, in post-apocalypse style and many missiles where you control the player like in a jump'n'run
- Bio-Grenades - icon and in-game graphics (little snakes)
- Evil Aliens - head, helmet, bodies

SergeTrigger
01-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Good job on trying to get Zone back alive and well again, but alas my Gold runs out in 13 days so I won't see the end product :( But I'll still help out :)

Skyld
01-06-2005, 01:32 AM
I hope Zone benefits from this. More GFX would improve gameplay; more fun.

Admins
01-06-2005, 02:11 PM
More ideas:

- animals: flying robot-bees (size 40x40 or so), and may be some horse/elephant-desert animal where you can ride on

Projectshifter
01-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Nice idea to accept things from players. Perhaps won't do much good, but in theory it's nice :)

Moonite
01-15-2005, 10:16 AM
New Idea:

Makea M4 Like in Soldier of Fortune
With S it shoots Bullet
and with D with shoots a Granade
http://www.combat-folk.ru/games/sof/2/pics/weapons/sof2-080.jpg

Snakeandy7
01-15-2005, 10:32 AM
That would look awesome.. lol :p

Crono
01-15-2005, 03:46 PM
New Idea:

Makea M4 Like in Soldier of Fortune
With S it shoots Bullet
and with D with shoots a Granade
http://www.combat-folk.ru/games/sof/2/pics/weapons/sof2-080.jpg

Yeah, why dont you add a rocket launcher with dual mounted machine guns while you're at it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moonite
01-15-2005, 06:42 PM
Yeah, why dont you add a rocket launcher with dual mounted machine guns while you're at it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I wish I could Gfx and Script
I just coem with ideas :]

Projectshifter
01-15-2005, 07:02 PM
I wish I could draw a stick figure with a ruler :(

Crono
01-15-2005, 07:32 PM

I was being sarcastic and mocking your overpowered idea.

Moonite
01-16-2005, 12:24 AM
I was being sarcastic and mocking your overpowered idea.

its a perfect gun mr.

a Knive Noobs comes
u shoto abit ... butt he comes closer and closer and then he allmos therer hoppa a nade and his gone anf if that happens u here this FinalFantasy Winning Sound

Admins
01-16-2005, 02:24 AM
Would be ok i guess, combination of weak gun and grenade thrower, or weak gun + knife (use the gun as melee weapon)

bbabba
01-31-2005, 11:52 PM
put a chest burster

Akoalin
02-02-2005, 01:07 AM
For the urban city zone, I think it would be a good idea to have stops and things of that sort. I made a sign for a futuristic starbucks http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/Nythe/nythe-futuresign1.gif

fexii
03-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Would it be possible to prioritize the graphics? I'd rather make the most-wanted graphics rather than ones that would appear months later.

Admins
03-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Ok here the gfx which are important I think:
- barbwire fences (horizontal and vertical)
- insectoid aliens for a special mission, there should be flying monsters and some that walk on the ground. The size should be at least like the player size, maximum twice as high and 4 times as wide as a player.
- kevlar bodies (protection against bullets, gives a few additional hp)
- player character gfx for the missions: soldiers, agents etc.
- robot character gfx (heads, bodies)
- more regular heads, hairs, helmets and bodies for the players

fexii
03-16-2005, 01:21 AM
Great, thanks. I'll try and work through the list until I finish it. It's worth a shot and it's nice to have set goals while practicing graphics rather than blindly making new images. Hopefully others will contribute also =D
I'll post the new graphics in separate threads.

Gambet
03-16-2005, 07:24 PM
No, dont post them in seperate threads, that wont be necessary. Just post them all in one thread using the proper image tags.

Admins
03-16-2005, 07:41 PM
No, dont post them in seperate threads, that wont be necessary. Just post them all in one thread using the proper image tags.

Separate threads are good, e.g. for when the gfx needs to be updated ?

Gambet
03-16-2005, 07:43 PM
Right now we need a lot of gfx made, and if seperate threads are made then it will just flood this section of the forums. Its easier for the people viewing this section of the forums to look at all the graphics in just one thread, rather then like 10 seperate threads.

fexii
03-16-2005, 09:19 PM
It's not flooding the forums at all. Rather the opposite. The threads are meant to provide a basis of organization for broad topics. We have an entire section devoted to "Zone graphics submission". What more logical way to organize it than to have a thread per type of image?

So I have my wagon thread out there now... Whenever I update the wagon, somebody else updates the wagon or somebody has a suggestion there is an easily accessible thread exactly for that image. That's a lot easier than shoveling through one thread hoping that your image will be in there and that you can contribute.

Right now we need a lot of gfx made, and if seperate threads are made then it will just flood this section of the forums. Its easier for the people viewing this section of the forums to look at all the graphics in just one thread, rather then like 10 seperate threads.
It may be easier for people to view the images if it is in one thread, but it renders countless other advantages useless.
- It's hard to post a comment or suggestion about a specific image
- Difficult to locate images posted on the forum
- Makes no use of the fact that we have a section devoted to zone graphics
and several others...

nendol02606
03-16-2005, 10:56 PM
I think Zone needs a sniper rifle. I was never good with guns, but here goes.

Kaimetsu
03-16-2005, 11:01 PM

Um. Yeah. That's a cool picture, but it doesn't fit Zone's style, size or format.

Admins
03-16-2005, 11:46 PM

We already have gfx for a sniper rifle, it now requires some scripting.

nendol02606
03-17-2005, 07:34 AM
I know it's not the size or anything, but it could easily be fixed... even though they have sniper gfx. Can I please see the sniper gfx?

Admins
03-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Here it is. Ganis are already made for it

syltburk
03-17-2005, 04:43 PM
Stefan, why are you doing so much projects at the same time?

Gambet
03-17-2005, 06:06 PM
Stefan, why are you doing so much projects at the same time?

Stefan is the main coder for Graal. He's more active then unixmad is, and he has a lot of things he needs to take care of. Everyday he has to muilti task to get things done, because if he didnt, then by the end of the week he would have a to do list the size of the forums.

Akoalin
03-18-2005, 12:09 AM
Could someone please upload the 2 hairs I made? (attached)
EDIT: I'm going to make some robotic parts over the weekend.

nendol02606
03-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Make something original

Akoalin
03-19-2005, 12:34 AM
Make something original
Right now zone needs alot more player gfx, if that means we're gonna need some recolors; i'm gonna make some recolors. Plus they don't look half bad.

fexii
03-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Right now zone needs alot more player gfx, if that means we're gonna need some recolors; i'm gonna make some recolors. Plus they don't look half bad.
No offense, but if Zone needed recolors we'd have it already. It doesn't take a graphics expert to make a recolor and I doubt that's something they need help with. :rolleyes: Though I'm not any sort of staff on Zone, so I can't speak for them either.