PDA

View Full Version : Pirates attack

Craigus
01-05-2005, 07:46 PM
It has been brought to my attention that last night a Dustarian ship was attacked by a Crescent Pirates ship named "Ghost Pirate". The two Dustarians were left stranded after their ship was destroyed but they managed to build another boat and follow the Ghost Pirate ship that was heading for Dustari.

When they arrived on Dustari they found the boat of the Pirates but could not find the Pirates themselves. It was later found out that our entire Dustarian fleet held in the shipyard was destroyed; all that was left was a note saying, "Pirates were here"

chrisga101
01-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I bet it was a dustarian diong that as a joke because we can't get into your shipyard.

Craigus
01-05-2005, 07:58 PM
I bet it was a dustarian diong that as a joke because we can't get into your shipyard.

<Edit by Moonie> Posting history is not allowed...who moderates this forum? :whatever: </Edit?>

Just one of the PM's from one of your fellow pirates boasting about what he has done..

Moonite
01-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Pay us Tribute and we Wont Sank ur Ships

Evil_Lord_Sparda
01-05-2005, 08:01 PM
Well..it's better then nothing. Atleast they're acting like the Pirates they are meant to be. Can't complain really, particularly as a Dustarian left the gates open..

Craigus
01-05-2005, 08:03 PM
I investigated into why our ship yard was left open, it appears nobody can actually close it, i tried myself and it told me "You are not an ally of this kingdom"

Zurkiba
01-05-2005, 09:46 PM
You have to be near the gate to close it (unsure if you tried this). There is a little lag when you do it.

As for the Pirate thing, good start they just need to attack Dustari now to followup the destruction of the Dustari navy.

Khallos_2k2
01-05-2005, 10:57 PM
Yeah
Like hell Dustari are gonna pay CP off.
(Don't bother anyway, wars = good. Just get a good war system...)

Nappa
01-05-2005, 11:18 PM
Go pirates. If I weren't in Forest and the Governor of Pirates didn't hate me, this would be the kingdom I'd join.

Zurkiba
01-05-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah
Like hell Dustari are gonna pay CP off.
(Don't bother anyway, wars = good. Just get a good war system...)
Zoe will gather all of her forces to attack the island and before they even land the whole CP Island will be destroyed! AWMEGAWD!

MasterNuke
01-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Torub Ship building platform doesn't work anymore for some strange reason.

Craigus
01-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Torub Ship building platform doesn't work anymore for some strange reason.

It hasn't worked for over 6 months, Jagen couldn't fix it

Zurkiba
01-05-2005, 11:44 PM
It hasn't worked for over 6 months, Jagen couldn't fix it
More like Jagen was too lazy to fix it for you ;)

If one script works on the server and another doesn't, then you simply copy and paste.

Craigus
01-05-2005, 11:58 PM
More like Jagen was too lazy to fix it for you ;)

If one script works on the server and another doesn't, then you simply copy and paste.

hmm maybe, he did seem to spend a little time trying to fix it though, (he had me show him where it was)

busyrobot
01-06-2005, 02:56 AM
As a general rule, I punish Dustarians who trash shipyards of enemy kingdoms, since its more akin to laming people at a their restart spot than it is akin to any kind of roleplaying. But its CP, and we did leave our gates open...

It sounds like a good reason to raise up our navy and patrol the seas for a while of the Crescent Isles.

In fact, lets see about raising a bounty on sinking pirate ships for a while - we would need some way to confirm sinkings though (and not just untended ships).

If Dustarian forces manage to get into the pirate's shipyard, they may do as they will since they did the same to us. All I ask is that A) you have to be in battlemode so you are fair game and B) if you do, it is only sanctioned against CP and for a duration of one week. After that, if you want to sink ships, do it in the navy and in a fair fight.

On a side note about closing the shipyard gates, it is a known bug and does happen a lot, it doesn't matter how close you are, it just doesn't always work. Sometimes, ungrabbing the wheel, regrabbing etc, and logging off/on can get it to work again, but it is a real problem.

Still, if anyone has that problem again, and the gates are left open PLEASE forum PM me or tell the highest ranking member online. You can even use ksay and ask people to come on tag to report that situation. Don't just leave the gates open when everyone would expect them to be closed - report it as best as possible to kingdom members.

MasterNuke
01-06-2005, 05:41 AM
The shipcount has been raised to a functional level and the gates are closed.

urmomsdumb2
01-07-2005, 05:22 PM
Ahhh, yes I, and another citizen, were the only ones to respond to this, I was the one whom followed the pirates into Dustari, At that time i asked for aid by saying to guild"we are under attack help" But sadly, only one brave citizen responded, (sadly i have forgotten the name, i shall post once i see her.)In which we destryoyed their empty ships, the "Ghost Ship" and another one, which im not familiar withBut me and another dustarian citizen could not find them, in which, obviuosly, they were in the shipyard. But my point is is that the smallest people, whom have been loyal to their kingdom, do not get any recognition at all, Dustari,why is this??

~~Soldier Lunus Astrian~~

Emily_Cruddas
01-07-2005, 07:05 PM
you have to be in battlemode so you are fair game

This is another very strong reason levels should be taken out, I can see a few very strong top ranking members winning the fight for dustari.

That or just think of a way to not attack and only play it out verbally if it gets down to it. <---(this is the type of RPing Zirkiba and others want back)

foxyrain
01-07-2005, 10:26 PM
Ahhh, yes I, and another citizen, were the only ones to respond to this, I was the one whom followed the pirates into Dustari, At that time i asked for aid by saying to guild"we are under attack help" But sadly, only one brave citizen responded, (sadly i have forgotten the name, i shall post once i see her.)In which we destryoyed their empty ships, the "Ghost Ship" and another one, which im not familiar withBut me and another dustarian citizen could not find them, in which, obviuosly, they were in the shipyard. But my point is is that the smallest people, whom have been loyal to their kingdom, do not get any recognition at all, Dustari,why is this??

~~Soldier Lunus Astrian~~

Having made it known to us here, it is noted and We are very proud of our Soldier Lunus Astrian. He will be considered for promotion in the future for such good deeds.

Zoe will gather all of her forces to attack the island and before they even land the whole CP Island will be destroyed! AWMEGAWD!

Sounds like a good idea to me :) But, nah.... when there is a war it will be the right war, the right time and the right place. CP doesn't hold a candle to the forces of Dustari and Zormite in RP or in physical fighting. So more power to ya CP - we left the gates open, our fault.

Queen Zoe Sagesun - Dustari

urmomsdumb2
01-08-2005, 06:52 AM
Your honorable, Queen Zoe, i must ask wy you havent been with us for quite some time, and thank you for saying that about me, i feel honored, but when shall you be returning?

~~Soldier Lunus Astrian(Dustari)

Smutastic
01-08-2005, 04:17 PM
Another reason to quit:
Peace~~~.
Why don't you declare a war? I mean, the shipyard was open, that's no reason to kill all these poor ships :|. I'm sure everyone would enjoy a nice RP war ;(.

Zurkiba
01-08-2005, 04:28 PM
Having made it known to us here, it is noted and We are very proud of our Soldier Lunus Astrian. He will be considered for promotion in the future for such good deeds.
But you refuse to acklodge the acts of those who made your kingdom. Nice

Sounds like a good idea to me :) But, nah.... when there is a war it will be the right war, the right time and the right place. CP doesn't hold a candle to the forces of Dustari and Zormite in RP or in physical fighting. So more power to ya CP - we left the gates open, our fault.

Dustari has gone soft -_-... If you attacked Dustari then you was as good as dead. Now I guess it's 'OH IT B O K BECUZ WE <3 U'.

Right time - The Pirates just destroyed your whole navy (Pearl Harbor anyone?)
Right place - You're bordering states

And no, when I went in the shipyard all you did was ***** at me and harass me. Why? Because you left the gates open. Nice one there.

Another reason to quit:
Peace~~~.
Why don't you declare a war? I mean, the shipyard was open, that's no reason to kill all these poor ships :|. I'm sure everyone would enjoy a nice RP war ;(.
Because "they cant have war in the current system". Because I could've swore that the game mechanics didn't stop me. Not to mention I could see this as a huge naval war, both sides equal.

busyrobot
01-09-2005, 01:03 AM
Zurk, one minute you are saying wars in GK are doomed until the level probs are fixed (actually I agree) and then you want us to fight CP...I think you just get your kicks by disagreeing with people you don't like as a general rule.

The point is to find a way to play things out that is fun. Naval confrontations and pirate hunting, would be fun. Chasing all the CP members into their castle and have an ooc mass message feud springer style would, not be fun.

When a pirate does something infamous, the response should be scouring the seas to find that pirate and bring him to justice, its just more fun all around than trying to take over an island.

middo
01-09-2005, 01:21 PM
Gahah, there needs to be a war system.
The current one is bull
Just get a bunch of guys with swords, no armor, and a ton of speed rings, ZING you win.

Zurkiba
01-09-2005, 05:47 PM
Zurk, one minute you are saying wars in GK are doomed until the level probs are fixed (actually I agree) and then you want us to fight CP...I think you just get your kicks by disagreeing with people you don't like as a general rule.

The point is to find a way to play things out that is fun. Naval confrontations and pirate hunting, would be fun. Chasing all the CP members into their castle and have an ooc mass message feud springer style would, not be fun.

When a pirate does something infamous, the response should be scouring the seas to find that pirate and bring him to justice, its just more fun all around than trying to take over an island.
Wow, I've never said you cant war on the server. If you had actually read my post you would've seen that it could've been just a 100% naval war anyway, where everyone is equal. But you had to put words in my mouth.

I would consider the destruction of the entire Dustarian Navy something infamous. And last I heard the Ghost Pirate hasn't been found.

urmomsdumb2
01-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Once again the ship wasnt "ghost pirate" it was "Ghost Ship"...*sigh*
and you cant find it cause its gone i destroyed it protecting dustari =P

busyrobot
01-10-2005, 02:42 AM
Wow, I've never said you cant war on the server. If you had actually read my post you would've seen that it could've been just a 100% naval war anyway, where everyone is equal. But you had to put words in my mouth.

I would consider the destruction of the entire Dustarian Navy something infamous. And last I heard the Ghost Pirate hasn't been found.

You did actually say that about wars, we discussed that a while back on aim while trying to work out ways to improve rping on the server.

Trashing a shipyard is considered an ooc act of laming by most kingdoms, but starting some small ic skirmishes as a result would be a fun way to go.

air_archmage
01-17-2005, 03:59 AM
But Think about this. Lately ((befor this all happened)) We've had Dustarians coming to CP with un-notified Reasons. We have no clue what your all up to. Also we've bein attacked too. We've lost around 5 ships. ((all being replaced)) So ever this it WASENT us maybe?

air_archmage
01-17-2005, 06:34 AM
Also note: We've never had a ship called Goast Ship.
There once was near CP though

Zurkiba
01-17-2005, 06:59 AM
Trashing a shipyard is considered an ooc act of laming by most kingdoms, but starting some small ic skirmishes as a result would be a fun way to go.
But it was treated as an IC event. Persuits happened and promotions were given.

busyrobot
01-17-2005, 08:49 AM
But it was treated as an IC event. Persuits happened and promotions were given.

It was treated as a raid, but not as a 'pearl harbor' as 95% of the destruction was ooc laming. Just because something is generally considered ooc, doesn't mean you can't do your best to have an appropriate ic response.

Consider it a matter of treating it the best way possible, that can result in the best possible RP results and fun overall.

air_archmage
01-17-2005, 09:49 AM
but what if it wasnt us? we had ship casualties due to gates being open

Emily_Cruddas
01-17-2005, 12:46 PM

I highly doubt someone would contact you or zoe and get an OK to trash a single ship even if it WAS an RP type situation, It's easy to say such things but i'm sure folks would like to see more action and less "peaceful" resolutions now. :cool:

GoZelda
01-17-2005, 06:39 PM
Haha yes I'll make random posts just like you, git.h

air_archmage
01-17-2005, 07:05 PM
But What if it wasnt us who attacked?

Moonite
01-17-2005, 07:08 PM
a Ghost Pirate Ship? with wallhack and such

some dustari guy destroyed 1x all our ships to.

Discharge
01-18-2005, 03:59 AM
Naval Warfare is the future.

It's the only fair way as far as combat goes in GK.

busyrobot
01-20-2005, 01:01 AM
I highly doubt someone would contact you or zoe and get an OK to trash a single ship even if it WAS an RP type situation, It's easy to say such things but i'm sure folks would like to see more action and less "peaceful" resolutions now. :cool:

I never said we should be contacted before ships are raided, just that taking out a shipyard at once is something of a 'laming' action. Its not unlike putting forts at unstick or in front of castle gates, houses etc.

Anyone whom sets sail for open waters should have cannonballs onboard, as its perfectly IC for pirates out there to act like pirates.

air_archmage
01-20-2005, 01:22 AM
BTW Padren.. Paladin Antonio Yet AGAIN entered our waters and attacked so we chaced him off AGAIN

Discharge
01-20-2005, 07:03 PM
BTW Padren.. Paladin Antonio Yet AGAIN entered our waters and attacked so we chaced him off AGAIN

Listen,

http://www.anarbol.com/sail-paths.jpg

When we leave the Royal Shipyard, we have to go directly east because there is a very narrow stretch of sea that only lets us go east. We can go up when we reach close to the border but many times we just go “A.F.K.” because it takes some time to reach the other end of the Dustarian Sea. What happens is that we end up in the north western section of Crescent Sea.

Furthermore, the Governor Alan of the Crescents has told me we could pass freely unless we land or enter the crescent area of the island. However, there is a bit of discrepancy here. My very first journey, I was close to the northern border of the Crescent Sea, and I was viciously attacked by a Crescent Pirate. I successfully defeated him and chased him off victoriously. After that event, we constantly become targets fpr attacks and I was even chased out by three to four Pirates. They entered our Dustarian Sea and continued the chase. The Governors answer was they have become very defensive because of attacks to their ships/harbor. If anybody should be defensive it is us. We were savagely attacked at our shipyard leaving the entire Royal Navy Fleet destroyed. His poor excuse was that he can’t be blamed for “fresh anxious recruits.”

If we are to come to an accord we must have a diplomatic meeting. I would volunteer for such a task if the Governor agrees to in neutral waters. For now, we reserve the right to open fire on a Pirate if we see his actions to be relatively hostile.

-Paladin Antonio Fernández

GoZelda
01-20-2005, 11:59 PM
AY CARAMBA (with a pretty map)
All would be so much better if I was governor of CP.

busyrobot
01-21-2005, 07:23 AM
All would be so much better if I was governor of CP.

I shudder at the thought... >_<

On the whole though, it would be somewhat silly as a kingdom to recognize the crescent isles as being 'owned' by a bunch of pirates. If Dustari merchants wish to cut a trade route through those isles, they do so at the risk of piracy, but don't believe we recognize the territory of any criminal bands as being sovereign, just (mildly ;) ) dangerous to traverse.

Of course I mean that RP wise. I am not encouraging Dustarians to act like they own the place - but I do remind CP that any attack on any ship of our flag is an act of piracy that holds criminal penalties under Dustari naval law.

Zurkiba
01-22-2005, 02:12 AM
This is how it should work:

Pirates kill any ship they see

Otherwise why dont they just rename their kingdom (Cresent Merchants)

Main Entry: 1pi·rate
Pronunciation: 'pI-r&t
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French or Latin; Middle French, from Latin pirata, from Greek peiratEs, from peiran to attempt -- more at FEAR
: one who commits or practices piracy
- pi·rat·i·cal /p&-'ra-ti-k&l, pI-/ adjective
- pi·rat·i·cal·ly /-k(&-)lE/ adverb
Main Entry: pi·ra·cy
Pronunciation: 'pI-r&-sE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural -cies
Etymology: Medieval Latin piratia, from Late Greek peirateia, from Greek peiratEs pirate
1 : an act of robbery on the high seas; also : an act resembling such robbery
2 : robbery on the high seas
3 : the unauthorized use of another's production, invention, or conception especially in infringement of a copyright

Funny, I dont see 'Being passive' in there.

busyrobot
01-22-2005, 02:14 AM
This is how it should work:

Pirates kill any ship they see

Otherwise why dont they just rename their kingdom (Cresent Merchants)

Even criminal bands know pushing the boundries too far can bring on heavy handed retailiations.

GoZelda
01-23-2005, 05:19 PM
Even criminal bands know pushing the boundries too far can bring on heavy handed retailiations.
Thing is, Crescent Pirates aren't a band of criminals. They're more like... a club who thinks Pirates are cool but don't want their clubhouse destroyed.

Zurkiba
01-23-2005, 05:35 PM
That's the thing... criminals are a small faction against a larger government.

These are people who have already conquered Dustari once, so why wouldn't they be arrogant and pushy? The point of being a pirate isn't to have diplomacy and peaceful relations. Personally I think every kingdom should have a HOSTILE next to the kingdom names in their GUI.

Discharge
01-23-2005, 07:44 PM
They should really fix those boats if were going to have enjoyable sea battles. They are prone to getting mest up real easily.

::he moves his hand over his mouse::

::he uses his index finger to press down on the left mouse button::

::both of his eyes move to the left::

::a clicking sounds is produced::

::he moves his hand back to the keyboard::

::his eyes begin to focus on the monitor::

::he move his hand back to the mouse::

::he clicks the left button using his index finger::

::the click leads him on a different thread::