PDA

View Full Version : Inter kingdom plotlines

busyrobot
01-01-2005, 01:32 AM
I think we need an open discussion for plotlines and RP developments that can get more activity going in the kingdoms.

Options that come to mind are: Piracy conflicts and other naval exchanges.

Other ideas include the kingdom's competing for uncovering some hidden artifact, an entombed demon or something, with NPCs around the kingdom's offering clues, and special insights being delivered by Event Masters to the high mages and priests. The kingdom leaders would probably need to be in on many of the clues in order to set it up, so the leaders would have to take secondary roles and not give anything away. They aren't supposed to be archeological experts anyway.
I think this would have to be a longer term search, where a set number of clues are found, small relics and journals that help point the way, so instead of a single rushed event it would take a week or so before the sought item is recovered.
War campaigns are always good, but the plot would need to be worked out and couldn't be a 10 minute PK fest.

All in all though, lets get some ideas going, and I'd really like input from other kingdom leaders. Lets put aside complaints about RPing, and put our heads together and find the flaws and some creative solutions.

GoZelda
01-01-2005, 01:39 AM
Possible idea:
A type of extremists from, say, Forest believe totally in Erik Heimdal's ideals. So, they set off to, say, Dustari to regain a certain artifact from Erik Heimdal [sword,shield,helmet,mantle,ring,documents]. This is heavily protected in the royal museum. They break in, and one gets killed. This person turns out to be someone who had some sort of political immunity or was good friends with a sort of maffia (pirates, secret organisation). A sort of gang war breaks out - the Evil Heimdal Guild v.s. the royal Museum. The Heimdal Guild will attempt to break in, be it by force, bribery, cunning. If they succeed, every member will get a reward [possibly one of Heimdal's equipment]. If they feel two/three times, they are forced to give up because the Royal Army will pursue them. Possibly if they fail, are taken captive and all killed/locked up, Forest might want to declare a war.

Evil_Lord_Sparda
01-02-2005, 04:16 PM
Conquerable Kingdom areas would be neat, and would help make Kingdom "War"'s proper large scale Battle's over a long time.

GoZelda
01-02-2005, 05:13 PM
One of the annoying things of GK is that you can't eliminate someone 'forever' (i.e. that his character dies). Something should be done for this.

Crono
01-02-2005, 05:58 PM
there needs to be a trading system on gk or gk 3d :/

Zurkiba
01-02-2005, 08:13 PM
The return of Astri was already approved by Stefan, never went through with it because of two reasons
1) It was impractical
2) Zen is lazy

We made a huge storyline and stuff.

Since I aint going to do it, I'll just tell you the gist of it
Before an invasion or event, prophecies would be given.

The first one was like:
"The Iron Leviathan will arrive from the East,
To prey on the hooked ones.
It will arrive in glory,
all it's cannons blazing the night sky.
Three women will meet in secret,
to discuss the newborn threat.
The first was of the sea,
The second of fire,
The third of wind.
All three women sat together and plotted,
plotted on what to do next."

Stuff like that.
Basicly it will say that Astri's Ironclad will attack the Pirates first; Then the Pirates, Dustari, and Zormite Queens will meet.

(I'll actually try to find one of the real prophecies, or maybe Gryffon will send some in)

The objective was to figure out the prophecies before they happened. Then a prophecy would come about on how to destroy the Ironclad.

GryffonDurime
01-02-2005, 08:30 PM
I present to you the Halcyon Prophecies:

From the Book of the Halcyon, as Transcribed by Gryffon of Obsydyon,
343 rd Stanza
As the Clear Summer dies, on the Young Lands, a Leviathan with skin of Iron shall arrise from the Ashes of Conquest (An Iron-Clad ship from Mehlk)
In the Kingdoms who shall face this menace, the faces of Four Women appear. Four women to lead and shape history
The first is like a Goddess on Earth, the second of her Blood, the third a sea raider, the fourth a warrior-queen (Obviously, this refers to the Queenademic)
But these shall fall unless all join together, for the threat of the Bloody King looms beyond one man
The Exiled Sea-Beasts shall rape the land, the ancient chanters shall call the land, and the Bloody King shall rule the land (Sahuagin)
The Halcyon dies with the setting sun of the Clear Sky Season's final day. (Halcyon represents Peace)

From the Book of the Halcyon, as Transcribed by Gryffon of Obsydyon,
344 th Stanza
Iron Leviathan shall appear amidst the Blue Seas, and the White Priest shall dissappear, called by the Master of his Mistress (Gryffon dissappears)
And his abduction shall be but a precursor, for first is the White Priest, then the Man with the jeweled Golden Horns (Padren- he's wearing a crown, get it?)
And after the Horned Man shall go the Daughters of Wisest Star. All four of these shall be held in Forgotten Lands by the Bloody King. (The Princesses)
All this shall pass by the Forgotton Conqueror's Lineage, and the Bloody King shall rule the Wisest Star by holding those they love (Wisest Star=Sagesun)

From the Book of the Halcyon, as Transcribed by Gryffon of Obsydyon
345th Stanza
The Iron-Skined beast shall awaken, and the first land to fall shall be the Jewel of the Black Sky's Wing. (I think it was Samurai, I don't remember the explanation for this stanza)
And there shall be the secret base, beyond paper, beyond ink, beyond sight
And the Goddess on Earth shall weep for the Gold-Horned Man, and for the Daughters of the Wisest Star. For they shall be lost to her.
The secret lies in that which we Forget, for to be Forgotton is worse that Death. The Bloody King reigns over Forgotton Lands once more

From the Book of the Halcyon, as Transcribed by Gryffon of Obsydyon, Stanza 350
The White Priest and the Queen of Light (Gryffon and Mytri)
And the White Priest shall be the Myrlen, but not of free will. For the Dagda holds the Queen of Light, who holds the White Priest (Whole storyline of why Gryffon's helping Mehlk)
And yet this is not the Priest's fate, nor the Queens. Neither can be freed while the other is captive, and only through the Shrine can both be saved
Kill the Myrlen, and you break the chain. The Queen shall be freed of the Dagda, the Priest shall be freed of the Myrlen.
But Death shall not conquer Myrlen and Priest both, for the White Priest shall remain, saved by the Queen of Light

Khallos_2k2
01-02-2005, 09:26 PM
For inter-kingdom RP plotlines, Kindoms STILL needs a good kingdom mode. What's the lowest AC now? When I left it was -60 X.x Have fun fighting with that
A kingdom mode off the top of my head:
One commander on each side - AC -5 , equipped with war axe/Diamond Force, so they stand out
Five Captains, AC 0, equipped with a dam +6 weapon (axe/sword/mace, they can choose)
Any number of Soldiers, maybe limited per kingdom so kingdoms like Zormite/Dustari would have more than Pirates/Samurai as they are (to my mind) meant to be smaller, elite groups.
Thus, Dustari/Zormite/Astri soldiers: AC 6, dam +3 weapon
Pirate/Samurai soliders: AC 4, dam+4 weapon.
All have the same stats. There are 3 different bells, ring a different one to become a different level of warrior. Obviously the limit means that each Kingdom will need to choose its leaders (captains and commander) carefully, and the similar equips/stats means that not necessarily the person with leetest stuff ingame will get those positions, but those which are good at fighting.
So people will need to hone their skills in duels ingame, on a dueling ring on the particular kingdom island. (Kingdom Mode only works on kingdom Islands, so if on Main Island you'll be counted as being in peaceful mode). This gives rise to RP tourneys for positions, hopefully. And could give rise to RP character feuds too...=o
And a small kingdom sign appears above the head of each member of a kingdom, so it's easy to tell who's your friend and who isn't.
The idea is that you don't get one level 37243786 person with AC -4853748937 rampaging through with a prepped dam+3487588972 weapon of <insert god name here>+374877 (values may be exaggerated slightly). And so kingdom fights are vaguely interesting and close and use tactics.
Hell, if you wanna get complicated give kingdom-specific units - Dustarian Mounted knights, Samurai, well, Samurai , Zormite Elite Guard (both tougher foot troops), and Pirate Swashbucklers (or some other name) who get dual weield weapons or something. But that's really complicated I don't think dual wield would work.
Edit: left a sentence unfinished, extra material added.

GoZelda
01-02-2005, 11:21 PM
(I think it was Samurai, I don't remember the explanation for this stanza)
Nighthawks?

busyrobot
01-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I think a unit system like khallos proposed is kinda cool actually. It would take a bit of work to finish.

Regarding Zurk's idea, if it wasn't an ironclad, I'd be interested in the idea - what are the long term impacts and plotlines that are expected to derive? Decimating sea lanes? The only part I dislike is the addition of steam powered warships to GK - have it a blackened hull of ironwood and sails dark as night...I think that could be cool. It would be easier gfx wise.
You mention 'impractical' - what were the specifics, and maybe, can a similar idea be arrived at?

Zurkiba
01-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I think a unit system like khallos proposed is kinda cool actually. It would take a bit of work to finish.

Regarding Zurk's idea, if it wasn't an ironclad, I'd be interested in the idea - what are the long term impacts and plotlines that are expected to derive? Decimating sea lanes? The only part I dislike is the addition of steam powered warships to GK - have it a blackened hull of ironwood and sails dark as night...I think that could be cool. It would be easier gfx wise.
You mention 'impractical' - what were the specifics, and maybe, can a similar idea be arrived at?
The Ironclad and Muskets and stuff were to show that the nations of the East were far superior to those in the West.

The point of the Ironclad was to add a moveable kingdom. We could attack people and it would be much cooler then having a little white sailed boat go to the docks and people jump out.

The ultimate goal of the revival of Astri was to reintroduce war into the system and establish war rules to follow for the future.

It's not like the Ironclad would be added to the game server for everyone to use, only people with K rights or H rights would be able to control the helm.

Impractical in the sense that we knew our plan to get rid of the powerplayers wouldn't work. The plan was to kidnap you, put you on a dugeon on the old Knight Hawk island, and force Zoe and such not to fight. Also the fact that for this project to start I'd need to start off with a large member base instead of growing slowly.

busyrobot
01-03-2005, 01:45 AM
I was thinking of something roughly like this, what do you think Zurk? Its just a quick and basic recolor, and I think those black demon shields around the side, in traditional viking fashion, could look good.

I think a style like this may be more fitting than an ironclad, and a lot easier to produce.

busyrobot
01-03-2005, 01:49 AM
Impractical in the sense that we knew our plan to get rid of the powerplayers wouldn't work. The plan was to kidnap you, put you on a dugeon on the old Knight Hawk island, and force Zoe and such not to fight. Also the fact that for this project to start I'd need to start off with a large member base instead of growing slowly.

LOL, yeah, you'll never get rid of any player by 'rping at them' but we all want the same thing - to improve roleplaying in GK. We may never agree on some issues like zormite, but we don't have to agree on everything to work together for the same ultimate goal of improving GK.

GryffonDurime
01-03-2005, 03:11 AM
It was actually a fairly graceful plan- by game mechanics, and yes we already had stefan agree to this I beleive, Zurkiba would be given a temporary power boost so that he could compete as a national leader- nothing Zoe tier, but high enough. Then Padren, as the weakest (no offense) Sagesun-Talisan thingy would be abducted after I had dissappeared.

Afterwards, we use Padren as bate to lure and capture Ana and Hurumi. The refrence to "Beyond paper, beyond ink" was how Nighthawk Island wasn't on any of the maps. Zurkiba would appear as the King of Mehlk, and introduce his generals, the Grand Sahuagin Zappa and the Myrlen, Servant of the Dagda, Mehlkan God of Light, Gryffon Durime.

Brad
01-03-2005, 03:25 AM
oh neat

hey i want in on something im not in any kingdoms though because i hate all of the leaders or they hate me

busyrobot
01-04-2005, 01:11 AM
It was actually a fairly graceful plan- by game mechanics, and yes we already had stefan agree to this I beleive, Zurkiba would be given a temporary power boost so that he could compete as a national leader- nothing Zoe tier, but high enough. Then Padren, as the weakest (no offense) Sagesun-Talisan thingy would be abducted after I had dissappeared.

Afterwards, we use Padren as bate to lure and capture Ana and Hurumi. The refrence to "Beyond paper, beyond ink" was how Nighthawk Island wasn't on any of the maps. Zurkiba would appear as the King of Mehlk, and introduce his generals, the Grand Sahuagin Zappa and the Myrlen, Servant of the Dagda, Mehlkan God of Light, Gryffon Durime.

I would have died fighting, not to be taken alive. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if I died though, but I don't think that Zoe would end up sitting out any battles in that case. :)

Nappa
01-04-2005, 01:21 AM
Great RP war when the queen runs out to the front line and kills everyone

Evil_Lord_Sparda
01-04-2005, 01:22 AM
I would have died fighting, not to be taken alive. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened if I died though, but I don't think that Zoe would end up sitting out any battles in that case. :)

Yea, but they would not have needed to kill you, just take you captive.

GryffonDurime
01-04-2005, 02:23 AM

First off all, you jsut as someone can't godmode killing your character, you also can't godmode killing your character. And second, at the time Gryffon as the Myrlen did indeed have the power to revive the newly dead.

Zurkiba
01-04-2005, 03:07 AM
You dont understand how it would work. You wouldn't have a chance to 'fight back'. We created the capture plan so that you couldn't. We also made a plan so you couldn't omg magically tell Dustari where you was.

If Zoe was to actually roleplay, then she would be like 'I love my father so I can not fight'. But now I know better, another reason I wont do the Astri thing. I dont want a leader running at me going 'LOL ITS A GAME'.

Great RP war when the queen runs out to the front line and kills everyone
Yeah, I think soo too because you know if the leader dies then their kingdom is thrown into peril. But wait, yeah they just magically come back to life!

Nappa
01-04-2005, 03:24 AM
Even if he died, Dustari wouldn't need to know that as well.

Zurkiba
01-04-2005, 03:29 AM
Even if he died, Dustari wouldn't need to know that as well.
True, send hair and fingers XD

busyrobot
01-05-2005, 11:03 AM
It may have boiled down to who's mages were better at probing, but we should come up with some new RP ideas to get things rolling now.

Regarding GoZelda's idea, it could work, but with some alterations. The followers of Erik would likely not be in forest, but they could be played for Forest members who adopt different characters for the event - perhaps a Heimdal cult based on main, founded by some of the reminants of that age.
If humans also live on Forest, in addition to elves, it may be possible to base that group there instead of main.
The item itself, could be a book of his, perhaps a lost tomb that lays out his tactics and beliefs. It would probably be hidden in the castle, in the possession of the Aegis Mage. As it is the Aegis Mage's job to foresee threats to the kingdom and royal family, the book would likely be in use to trace future lines of threat that were are on the same vein, such as on a stand topped with crystal, exposed to free air and wind.

Dustari is a pretty strong nation, and has not needed to recognize any thieves as protected, so that may not work. The book, may suspected to contain a hidden code, so far yet undetected by the Dustari scribes and wizards. This code, would be of great interest of the cult as it is rumored to reveal a hidden cache of Erik's equipment.

If the thieves succeed, they would get the book and learn the secret message, if the Dustarians win, the mages and priests interrogate the prisoners until the secret of the book was ripped from their minds, or they find writtings in their equipment that leads to the clues as to the purpose of their desire for the book, and then Dustari gets the secret message.

It would require some custom work, but I am redoing the castle now anyway. This is just some ideas that may work with GZ's idea, but what do people think?

The mechanics of a break in and how to be successful thieves would have to be worked out.

Nappa
01-05-2005, 11:20 PM
I am an Orc that is in Forest, so I think Humans could be allowed in.

Zurkiba
01-12-2005, 12:25 AM
In all actuallity, there is a hidden Astri City on Forest XD, Chris didn't even know about it until I showed it to him like last month or so.

If there were to be an Astri cult then it would be like Pirates, Dustari, and Samurai...as those were the ones whom were effected. I think it'd be cool to have an event like so...

Bones of Erik Heimdal locked away in Forest Castle
Pirates want to revive Erik Heimdal, but they need his bones
Voodoo ensues.