PDA

View Full Version : Zone Dead?

DM_Jagged
12-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Why the drastic decrease in Zone's player account? It went from 125 to 25. !pissed!

Zurkiba
12-29-2004, 08:38 PM
It doesn't change.

syltburk
12-30-2004, 05:52 AM
125 people= the server just got up, happens to every server.

Zone is a server that you only think is fun for 1 hour MAX, then you cant handle it anymore because you get bored of all the repetive things.

Moonite
12-30-2004, 06:08 AM
125 people= the server just got up, happens to every server.

Zone is a server that you only think is fun for 1 hour MAX, then you cant handle it anymore because you get bored of all the repetive things.

the sweden guy is right

Brad
12-30-2004, 06:39 AM
zone is sweet man

i wish 50 + ppl were there at all times then id be there

protagonist
12-30-2004, 06:49 AM
I can't figure out why servers have such a hard time keeping players. A sparring arena might help?

MysticalMatrix
12-30-2004, 07:10 AM
playerz r 2 lazy to start over on new servers?
lack of new content?

Splke
12-30-2004, 08:19 AM
I can't figure out why servers have such a hard time keeping players. A sparring arena might help?

It's boring. Honestly. There's nothing new to do..

TDM = Run around killing people, good for 2-3 hours.

CTF = Run around Killing People and stealing a flag, good as long as teams are even and are packed.

Other Thing = Never played, but I hear it's fun.

The only thing is, it ALL gets boring. On Classic, there is always something new to do. Talking to people is possible on Classic, and you can just go from talking to killing somebody. What's special about old servers, is it's either just mad PKing, or mad sparring. Zone has no consistency, it's three different servers, 20 different guns, and 8-12 different classes. It's annoying, new, but good.

I think sparring Arena's would be cool, or better yet, Coliseum's. That would be cool. Participants get like.. x EXP, and people who bet get double back when they win. Rankings of the best Warrior, and that warrior has x exp based on rank.

I'm not sure what weapons you would have though.. that would be the only hard part. Oh, and scripting it so the audience could see the entire arena. Binoculars maybe.

Gambet
12-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Zone owns, you guys just have no sense of game play.

haro41
12-30-2004, 09:38 AM
I can't figure out why servers have such a hard time keeping players.

a little word called depth. sadly, something no one seems to get right!

DM_Jagged
12-30-2004, 08:24 PM
So, basically, Zone is dead?

CaTigus
12-30-2004, 09:49 PM
No. Zone is a non-living thing. Therefor it cannot die.

Gambet
12-30-2004, 09:56 PM
No. Zone is a non-living thing. Therefor it cannot die.

That was a very stupid comment.

Anyways, people just dont give Zone a chance. It owns. Its like UT (Unreal Tournament), but Graal style.

CaTigus
12-30-2004, 10:52 PM

protagonist
12-30-2004, 10:57 PM
There just doesn't seem to be a huge replay value going for it.

Griffyn
12-30-2004, 11:50 PM
Yellow always wins. That's why.

Toxin
12-31-2004, 06:27 PM
Yellow doesnt always win, I pwned Sweep a bunch of times. o.0
Edit: well, a "bunch" is actually like 3 / 5 games; and I only played 5 games so far. haha... maybe I just got lucky.

Admins
12-31-2004, 06:33 PM
Next week Zone development will go faster, because I will be back at the office, and can organize more staff activity.
Things that are planned:
- medkits and medic class, this will bring more strategy into the game
- new Graal v2.3 which will be much faster in the zones Alpha and Wild Cross, so more people will be able to enjoy those zones in good speed
- Zurkiba & friends are working on a new zone with different style and game play
- there will be statistics about who is the best player (best exp, killings, etc.) and best player of the day, best player of the week, so giving more motivitation to play the game, and giving more stuff to talk about
- I will try to script the team choosing better, so players can stay longer with a team, or eventually make it possible to make guild fights between global guilds
- in the long term we also plan to make missions with mechs and sidescroller missions, which will make the game more fun for people who don't want play against other players over and over again (will try to make it possible to play in cooperative-mode so you can play those things together with friends)

CaTigus
12-31-2004, 07:28 PM
Next week Zone development will go faster, because I will be back at the office, and can organize more staff activity.
Things that are planned:
- medkits and medic class, this will bring more strategy into the game
- new Graal v2.3 which will be much faster in the zones Alpha and Wild Cross, so more people will be able to enjoy those zones in good speed
- Zurkiba & friends are working on a new zone with different style and game play
- there will be statistics about who is the best player (best exp, killings, etc.) and best player of the day, best player of the week, so giving more motivitation to play the game, and giving more stuff to talk about
- I will try to script the team choosing better, so players can stay longer with a team, or eventually make it possible to make guild fights between global guilds
- in the long term we also plan to make missions with mechs and sidescroller missions, which will make the game more fun for people who don't want play against other players over and over again (will try to make it possible to play in cooperative-mode so you can play those things together with friends)
Sounds nice stefan, More people will probably go there.

syltburk
12-31-2004, 07:32 PM

...........?

zokemon
01-02-2005, 12:38 AM
playerz r 2 lazy to start over on new servers?
lack of new content?

Don't bring your idiotic talk onto the forums please.
Especially when I get confused thinking that you are talking about a scripting variable (playerz)

LogicBot
01-02-2005, 03:15 AM
Told you. :eek:

MysticalMatrix
01-02-2005, 06:04 AM
Especially when I get confused thinking that you are talking about a scripting variable (playerz)

plz st fu i kan talk like an idiot if i want to so plz

Slash-P2P
01-02-2005, 10:59 AM

Will there be any other changes or will this be another one of those fix 1 or 2 problems only relating to a gold server updates?

Gambet
01-02-2005, 11:09 AM
I think Zone owns, but its boring with only like 11 people online :frown:.

Myomoto
01-02-2005, 02:39 PM
plz st fu i kan talk like an idiot if i want to so plz

You see that's where your wrong...

Crono
01-02-2005, 05:38 PM
the sweden guy is right

he's wrong, because swedes play counterstrike a lot and its the same thing over and over and yet its one of the biggest multiplayer games.

The thing that zone needs is more learning. Thats what makes games like counterstrike great. It's hard to master and you're always learning something, evne though you are playing the same thing over and over. On zone, anyone can be a pro. Just sit there and hold S down. This is why I think zone should be 3D, recoil can be introduced so people have to master something.

James205
01-02-2005, 11:55 PM

You're kidding right?
Don't bring idiotic talk to graal? HAHA

Like I always say, there always be stupid in graal

...and Matrix isn't either of them ;)

syltburk
01-03-2005, 12:45 AM
he's wrong, because swedes play counterstrike a lot and its the same thing over and over and yet its one of the biggest multiplayer games.

The thing that zone needs is more learning. Thats what makes games like counterstrike great. It's hard to master and you're always learning something, evne though you are playing the same thing over and over. On zone, anyone can be a pro. Just sit there and hold S down. This is why I think zone should be 3D, recoil can be introduced so people have to master something.

There is only geeks in Sweden who play Counter-Strike, seriously if you go to a internet cafe in Stockholm you will notice how they will go like "WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU ON? WHERE ARE YOU SITTING?" when they die (the computers are numbered). Yet they never come when you tell them where you're at.

You cannot compare counter-strike too graal, its 2 difference games. Sure they are based on the same thing, to kill but graal got different graphics .

someweirdperson
01-03-2005, 09:54 PM
If you want a TDM,CTF,and whatever the other game is... get freakin a good game for it... Graal isn't the right game, you go right up to someone (literally) and shoot at them, and nothing even happens. You can't shoot where you want to, just 8 strict directions... Get Call of Duty: United Offensive, it's an FPS with the SAME game styles, and more.

Crono
01-03-2005, 10:29 PM
There is only geeks in Sweden who play Counter-Strike, seriously if you go to a internet cafe in Stockholm you will notice how they will go like "WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU ON? WHERE ARE YOU SITTING?" when they die (the computers are numbered). Yet they never come when you tell them where you're at.

Dude I've seen the coolest students in my school play CS, what the hell?

You cannot compare counter-strike too graal, its 2 difference games. Sure they are based on the same thing, to kill but graal got different graphics .

Screw graphics, im talking about gameplay and how repetitive is bad but repetitive + learning something each time over a long period of time is awesome.

Myomoto
01-03-2005, 11:46 PM
Screw graphics, im talking about gameplay and how repetitive is bad but repetitive + learning something each time over a long period of time is awesome.

I wouldn't call it "awesome" rather, "addicting" ;O

Admins
01-04-2005, 01:17 PM
Will there be any other changes or will this be another one of those fix 1 or 2 problems only relating to a gold server updates?

It will also speed up Era and Graal Kingdoms a lot

Snakeandy7
01-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Woot, Thank you,

Redwizard
01-04-2005, 05:39 PM
the reason it is dying is because everybody has the same chance in it. Everybody is the same. Nobody can really earn anything extra for themselves except a couple of stats in a profile; whereas on GK people win events to get better shields/helmets, swords, their appearence becomes unique. Its the fact that everyone is, or can be, the same which is becoming zones downfall

pacMASTA
01-04-2005, 05:56 PM
It will also speed up Era and Graal Kingdoms a lot
Let era flounder in their waste lol help Maloria out all these new players is making it lag hell in some places, Also Zone was pretty cool for a while then it got boring..Maybe a new planet would fix this

Admins
01-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Let era flounder in their waste lol help Maloria out all these new players is making it lag hell in some places, Also Zone was pretty cool for a while then it got boring..Maybe a new planet would fix this

Maloria is using gmaps too so it will speed up Maloria too :)

Polo
01-04-2005, 07:01 PM

Thats means the NPC Server Classic will be even faster too!

Snakeandy7
01-04-2005, 08:38 PM
When will this take place?

Gambet
01-04-2005, 10:29 PM
the reason it is dying is because everybody has the same chance in it. Everybody is the same. Nobody can really earn anything extra for themselves except a couple of stats in a profile; whereas on GK people win events to get better shields/helmets, swords, their appearence becomes unique. Its the fact that everyone is, or can be, the same which is becoming zones downfall

Is that not the same reason for GK's downfall? Exactly.

The economy in GK has gone down the gutter, and the new alchemy release made everything EXCEPT EVENT ITEMS absolutely non valuable. Even EAing to +12 is nothing anymore. Only event items are valuable, so please DONT USE A SERVER AS GK FOR AN EXAMPLE WITH ANYTHING...unless you're mentioning server downfalls.

LogicBot
01-04-2005, 10:47 PM
:asleep:

pacMASTA
01-05-2005, 01:43 AM
THank god ^^

Gman4pwnu
01-14-2005, 07:18 PM
Zone is fun as hell to replay, the problem is noone wants to pay for a gold subscription.

Admins
01-14-2005, 07:55 PM
But actually a lot of players are buying Gold, and you don't have a lot of restrictions when playing Zone

Snakeandy7
01-14-2005, 08:41 PM
Thats nice ^^ :]

Shaun
01-14-2005, 09:18 PM
Can it be agreed on that most people who buy gold buy gold for Graal Kingdoms. Would it be fair to say Graal Kingdoms is quite different from Zone?

LilNiglet
01-15-2005, 12:00 AM
Zone is just like an Infantry rehash with more lag and less fun. :(

Man I miss that game