PDA

View Full Version : Maloria NPC-Server crashing

xManiamaNx
12-29-2004, 04:19 AM
We have coded a script to update gmaps and not loose the players position on the map (normally when a gmap is updated, players get warped to somewhere around 30 30 on the gmap). It saves the players level, x, and y to a client string, updates the gmap, then warps them back to the level, x, and y that they were at before the update. as of last night, every time we do this, our NPC-Server will crash. It was working fine until last night.

Edit: I have been told it also crashes when using just plain /updatelevel name.gmap

Admins
12-29-2004, 12:50 PM
You are not supposed to update a full gmap, when you update map parts (nw levels) then the parts are updated automatically and you can also go on client and do update level to update the map parts. You only need to update the full gmap for changing the size or terrain parameters (which can be easier tested offline though).
The problem with crashing on gmap-update was fixed on Zone, will check if I forgot to upload the fix to the other machines.

napo_p2p
01-02-2005, 12:32 AM
Arkland Empires is having the same problem.

MysticalMatrix
01-03-2005, 01:24 AM
Gmaps suck. :X meh -_-

Admins
01-06-2005, 04:21 PM
Fixed

ZeroTrack
01-06-2005, 05:34 PM
You are not supposed to update a full gmap, when you update map parts (nw levels) then the parts are updated automatically and you can also go on client and do update level to update the map parts. You only need to update the full gmap for changing the size or terrain parameters (which can be easier tested offline though).
The problem with crashing on gmap-update was fixed on Zone, will check if I forgot to upload the fix to the other machines.

it used to say level is not served by nc when you tried updating levels one at a time , but i just tried it and it works now, i suppose you fixed this as well? (even if the level was in the npc level list)