PDA

View Full Version : Shaded Legend

James205
12-28-2004, 11:58 AM
Well this is the first time I've tried this so I don't know how effective it is. Anyway, Shaded Legend has decided to hire a few new staff members for it's new project and we are in the need of some help.

Here are the positions we need help with:

LAT - in need of a very good level designer, with detailing skills, mapping skills and exprienced. If you think you fit the job send me an e-mail with your BEST levels, and no I wont accept screenshots due to people stealing levels with that method before -_-

NAT - Scripting has been an important team to SL and recently our quality scripters have left but we have managed somehow. We would appreciate if someone who is a very talented scripter would help us with our next big project and more. So if you are a scripter please send an e-mail with your experiences and your bext scripts with detailed information about them.

My e-mail : [email protected]

TESTRETIS
12-29-2004, 03:44 AM
Your layout is fine, James. Just abide by the guidelines and you will be alright :)

syltburk
12-29-2004, 03:53 AM
If i wasnt so "corrupt" I would give it a shot.

Gambet
12-29-2004, 05:08 AM
Meh, after Rance and myself left, the scripting in SL has gone down the drain. Its nice that Luigi is still around, i just hope hes actually active, because he wasnt very much before.

MysticalMatrix
12-29-2004, 05:49 AM
Guess no one is going to apply?

thesaiyan
12-29-2004, 05:57 AM
Quality developers are a rare commodity nowadays on Graal.

MysticalMatrix
12-29-2004, 06:34 AM
True but SL has potential, even Stefan said that. meh..

haro41
12-29-2004, 07:58 AM
SL brought the quality, but not the breakthough ideas that a PW needs to survive nowadays.

Nitkizi
12-29-2004, 08:53 AM
SL brought the quality, but not the breakthough ideas that a PW needs to survive nowadays.

I agree, and I blame that on myself for trying to strive for a strict 'classic' style, pk fun-fest..but that didn't work out too well, as Graal would much rather pk on UN or NP or Era. I would like to say that the storyline is 'unique' to Graal, as in, the only true storyline-quest-driven pw that is classic to this date, but the average Graalian could really care less about that sort of stuff. :frown:

TESTRETIS
12-29-2004, 04:07 PM
Yes, but in the past, some servers copied SL's ideas and made them better. Some events and a few other things here and there.

syltburk
12-29-2004, 06:43 PM
I would always liketo help SL.

thesaiyan
12-29-2004, 07:13 PM
SL's breakthrough ideas would be the events that they started. Once SL had them first, every other server followed.

MysticalMatrix
12-30-2004, 05:11 AM
True. SL was one of the first to have CTF, KO, and many other events. Many of the NAT Admins and ETs at other servers started playing there. Examples- Pixie Kittie, Mad Dog, etc. Then they brought those events back with them >.<

syltburk
12-30-2004, 05:48 AM
True. SL was one of the first to have CTF, KO, and many other events. Many of the NAT Admins and ETs at other servers started playing there. Examples- Pixie Kittie, Mad Dog, etc. Then they brought those events back with them >.<
mad dog? wtf u talking about.. mad dog is shiz.. im talking about Biggie, Fei and all those oldiers.. dont bull around with UN newbs

MysticalMatrix
12-30-2004, 07:07 AM
What are you talking about? Im talking about how the servers started taking SL Events, not SL oldbies.

JudgeDurst
12-30-2004, 12:59 PM

Wasn't CTF on graal2001 first?

Snakeandy7
12-30-2004, 01:33 PM
Not to sure on that, But shaded legend brought Maloria into play (the version 2's start was well presented).

thesaiyan
12-30-2004, 05:34 PM
Wasn't CTF on graal2001 first?
First place I remember events like CTF or KO was on SL.

CaTigus
12-30-2004, 05:42 PM
Rofl, I left Shaded Legend because they removed most of my rights.

JudgeDurst
12-30-2004, 07:08 PM
Not to sure on that, But shaded legend brought Maloria into play (the version 2's start was well presented).

I guess, but my playerworld Celestia had an intro before SL was out, does that mean they came into play because of that? (Obviously not because Celestia sucked but nvm..)

Gambet
12-30-2004, 10:13 PM
Rofl, I left Shaded Legend because they removed most of my rights.

Why must you care about rights anyways? I worked on SL for years and you know what? i was always a NAT, and its not like they ever gave me anymore rights, except about one or two. Meh, thats just how it is man. I didnt really care because i worked for the players, so as long as i could make things and make them happy, then i was happy, no matter what my rights were.

CaTigus
12-30-2004, 10:21 PM
No, The problem was, I didn't have enough rights to do my job. I was tired of asking for them. So I left.

Gambet
12-30-2004, 10:28 PM
No, The problem was, I didn't have enough rights to do my job. I was tired of asking for them. So I left.

Where theres a will theres a way. You know, there is a reason for temp folders. Upload anything you needed to upload in the temp folders, then ask one of the staff with the proper rights to upload. I know its really a pain, but theres always a way to get things done.

CaTigus
12-30-2004, 10:31 PM
I'm a person who starts scripting/level making/graphic making/gani making ect.. and I have to upload them right away while im on a roll or I will start scripting something else and never get back to the thing I was working on >_>.

thesaiyan
12-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Where theres a will theres a way. You know, there is a reason for temp folders. Upload anything you needed to upload in the temp folders, then ask one of the staff with the proper rights to upload. I know its really a pain, but theres always a way to get things done.
Hopefully you've changed since a few months ago, because I'd be calling you a hypocrite right now.

James205
12-31-2004, 03:53 AM

You're right, you were NAT Admin and you had NC, the ONLY person(other than Owners) who had NC. We got rid of ban players and change rights and disconnect from everyone... how would that stop you?

Anyways back to the main point and stop complaining as if the Managers did something wrong.

CaTigus
12-31-2004, 06:02 AM
I'm not complaining.

falco10291029
12-31-2004, 06:20 AM
I'd help but people usually have problems with other playerworld owners working for them. Sparitoria is one example, i worked for them for a month, made several good systems and weapons for them, even a fun bonus admin tool (chris control, allowed full control of any player, except for full weapon control, which I just recently learned how to do), yet my ip range got messed up at one point, and then they decided they didn't want me anymore :(. If you guys would like I can help you, but I don't feel liek applying via email and whatnot, and then trying to find a good script, or cooking up a good new one for the sake of trying out. If you wish to see my scripting ability, logon to elemental Kingdoms, I scripted almost everything there (moldsa aren't working because I am using them for developing the new fighting system)

TESTRETIS
12-31-2004, 06:42 AM
.....Why must you care about rights anyways? I worked on SL for years and you know what? i was always a NAT, and its not like they ever gave me anymore rights, except about one or two. Meh, thats just how it is man. I didnt really care because i worked for the players, so as long as i could make things and make them happy, then i was happy, no matter what my rights were......
I can vouch for that, as well.

syltburk
12-31-2004, 01:41 PM
catigus likes to have much rights :), I dont blaim him for it.. He must have some reason for it ...

CaTigus
12-31-2004, 04:57 PM
catigus likes to have much rights :), I dont blaim him for it.. He must have some reason for it ...
What would that reason be? Have you ever heard of me deleting servers? How about to get things done quickly. For no reason they removed my gani, hats, gifs, ect.. folder rights and I needed them to work. I asked for them and I was told I was going to get them. I never got them. I asked again and once again I was told sure, I never got them. I found all the other staff that had more rights than me barely came on RC, So I did the same and eventually quit. Power hungry.. I wouldn't say that, But I need the rights to do my job/keep me entertained, This is a game and I enjoy scripting, But most stuff you script is useless unless you have graphics and a lot of the times I was online the GFX team wasn't or was busy so I made my own graphics but couldn't upload them. Now I suggest you stop trying to make my look back everytime you get the chance. Thanks.

MysticalMatrix
12-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Tig plz.. Even when you had close to level 4 RC did you get anything done, NO? Thats just an excuse. Just have fun on the new server you work on. No need to argue.

syltburk
12-31-2004, 07:33 PM
What would that reason be? Have you ever heard of me deleting servers? How about to get things done quickly. For no reason they removed my gani, hats, gifs, ect.. folder rights and I needed them to work. I asked for them and I was told I was going to get them. I never got them. I asked again and once again I was told sure, I never got them. I found all the other staff that had more rights than me barely came on RC, So I did the same and eventually quit. Power hungry.. I wouldn't say that, But I need the rights to do my job/keep me entertained, This is a game and I enjoy scripting, But most stuff you script is useless unless you have graphics and a lot of the times I was online the GFX team wasn't or was busy so I made my own graphics but couldn't upload them. Now I suggest you stop trying to make my look back everytime you get the chance. Thanks.
I was just saying that you needed a reason for it? No reason to get offended man :(, im just saying that you had a reason for wanting those rights.

MysticalDragon
12-31-2004, 07:52 PM
I remember when i was NPC Team on SL. I was given exactly what was needed, And i was able to do my job successfully.SL from what i recall was never hacked and i think they made the right decision in getting more strict on who gets what and who needs what.

James205
12-31-2004, 09:29 PM
I was just saying that you needed a reason for it? No reason to get offended man :(, im just saying that you had a reason for wanting those rights.

Everyone has a reason for wanting rights, more power :\

Tig had enough rights to do his job but always managed to say he didn't have rights.

MysticalMatrix
01-01-2005, 07:39 AM
I remember when i was NPC Team on SL. I was given exactly what was needed, And i was able to do my job successfully.SL from what i recall was never hacked and i think they made the right decision in getting more strict on who gets what and who needs what.

yeah i remember when you were a nat. you actually did your job :O im glad u agree sl made the right decision on lowering rights.

syltburk
01-01-2005, 10:53 AM
I did not mind it, I quit anyway.

CaTigus
01-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Everyone has a reason for wanting rights, more power :\

Tig had enough rights to do his job but always managed to say he didn't have rights.
I'm not going to argue with you :D

you actually did your job :O
Are you saying I didn't?

Tig plz.. Even when you had close to level 4 RC did you get anything done, NO? Thats just an excuse. Just have fun on the new server you work on. No need to argue.
What the **** did you want done? Did you ever actually tell me to do anything? half the time I was told to do something there wern't even GRAPHICS to do it.

Really? In your eyes, What was my reason?

TESTRETIS
01-01-2005, 05:55 PM
What the **** did you want done? Did you ever actually tell me to do anything? half the time I was told to do something there wern't even GRAPHICS to do it.
You could always make a template, no matter how bad it looks...not that hard.

Doahh_p2p
01-01-2005, 06:59 PM
I just use stuff like:

bush.png
rock.png
door.png

I know they are random but still
When i need ganis i find some random era gun gani and use that

why WOULD an NAT ADMIN need GFX?

come ON get REAL I give my NAT:
r levels/NAT/*
rw levels/NAT/upload/*
rw WEAPONS/nickname/*

just incase they have to upload an image

my LAT's get:
r levels/LAT/*
rw levels/LAT/upload/*
r levels/overworld/*

my MANAGER gets:
rw Managers/*
then READ for everything else
they don't have change rights or staff accounts
i don't think he even has BAN

my GAT's don't even get full acess to the images folder!
they all get temp in that

So you COULD do it you didn't want to

MysticalMatrix
01-02-2005, 06:08 AM
I just use stuff like:

bush.png
rock.png
door.png

When i need ganis i find some random era gun gani and use that

why WOULD an NAT ADMIN need GFX?

come ON get REAL I give my NAT:
r levels/NAT/*
rw levels/NAT/upload/*
rw WEAPONS/nickname/*

just incase they have to upload an image

my LAT's get:
r levels/LAT/*
rw levels/LAT/upload/*
r levels/overworld/*

my MANAGER gets:
rw Managers/*
then READ for everything else
they don't have change rights or staff accounts
i don't think he even has BAN

my GAT's don't even get full acess to the images folder!
they all get temp in that

So you COULD do it you didn't want to

He had full RC with GFX folders..

Gambet
01-02-2005, 07:09 AM
He had more rights then I have now, then.

Velox Cruentus
01-02-2005, 01:29 PM
I just use stuff like:

bush.png
rock.png
door.png

Random? I bet they are the MOST used graphics for testing NPCs! Heh... Not random at all.

Tig: Stop holding a grudge against SL, you quit.
James205: Thank you. :)

Doahh_p2p
01-03-2005, 01:33 AM
it's amazing...

These servers were/are so insucure

What if some staff member got mad and deleted everything?

Most mine can do is delete their own work o.O

MysticalMatrix
01-03-2005, 01:39 AM
We didn't give level 4 RC to everyone, one of our admins was hacked..

Shaun
01-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Is SL still looking for Level Makers (Not "LAT's", LAT stands for Level Administrative Team, unless you actually want multiple teams) ?

I have a bit of experience in the field, although my skills are rusty. I'm really thinking about coming out of "retirement", actually.

TESTRETIS
01-05-2005, 10:25 PM
Yes, we are looking for Level Makers. Ask Loakey?