PDA

View Full Version : Christmas

dNeonb
12-25-2004, 03:48 AM
Hello everyone and Merry Christmas! :D
If you log on Graal Kingdom the first thing you will see is the big christmastree in Bomboria. All the roofs on the main island are covered with snow.

We host several small Christmasevents on GK and also a big snowballfight. One will be today and another tomorrow so everyone should be able to take part.

This year we hided lots of presentboxes. You need a torch to burn some special trees. Those will appear as present then. The first 2 presents you get are tradeable in the giftsshop on Eventisland for Xmas-Gifts. The 3rd box you can get is special. You can use it to put stuff in and give it away to your friends as present.
A small hint.. Get some kindling wood, that could help you :)

There is a small gift for every kingdom. I got much suggestions "Our Kingdoms wants a pillory,too". So now every kingdom got a pillory! Kingdomleaders can now give out the kingdomright "L" which stands for "Law & Order".
You can use the following commands:

:arrest ACCOUNT TIME <- Arrests the ACCOUNT for the added TIME.
:release <- If you redecide you can remove the person from the pillory before the time rans out.
:show <- Shows you how is in the pillory.

There are some limits:

You can only arrest members which are in you kingdom.
The timelimit is set to 60 minutes.

FrŲhliche Weihnachten!
Merry Christmas!
Joyeux NoŽl!
Feliz Navidad!
Zalig Kerstfeest!
God Jul!
Glśdelig Jul!
Noflike Krystdagen!
Vrolijk Kerstfeest!
Nollaig Shona Dhuit!
Buon Natale!
Shinnen omedeto!
Schťi KrŽschtdeeg!
Boas Festas!
Nollaig chridheil!
E guŽti WiŽnachtš!
Nadolig LLawen!
Chuc Mung Giang Sinh

Moonite
12-26-2004, 12:58 AM
So now every kingdom got a pillory!

Plz Thismust be a nightmare
can it jail only kingdom members?

because fi I irritate someone and he puts me in this thing I lose my bmode again?

Emily_Cruddas
12-26-2004, 04:42 AM
Moonite, you clearly did not read and comprehend the first post, it says kingdom members only eh? :cool:

g0atex
12-26-2004, 05:36 AM
Any feedback on how we did for Christmas, guys? We need to know so we can make next year's Christmas twice as good.

Nappa
12-26-2004, 05:45 AM
The christmas graphics are horrible. ESPECIALLY the rooftop graphics. My 3 year old cousin could change the roofs just like you guys did.

g0atex
12-26-2004, 06:54 AM
Haha, thanks for the productive comment Nappa. Always a pleasure.

Nappa
12-26-2004, 07:35 AM
Are you saying the rooftop graphics are good ? And you call yourself a graphics maker.. ahahahah..

g0atex
12-26-2004, 08:49 AM
Who said I ever made those graphics? Nappa, you should make graphics so we can make productive comments about your work.

Nappa
12-26-2004, 08:52 AM
I don't need to be able to make graphics to criticize others. That's just stupid.

xAndrewx
12-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Pretty fun, I'll try the kendle wood :D. GK is coming back. Thank you.

Moonite
12-26-2004, 06:57 PM
Moonite, you clearly did not read and comprehend the first post, it says kingdom members only eh? :cool:

no I tought it was the same like he masses earlier theere wasnt the Message with " kingdom members only"

GryffonDurime
12-26-2004, 07:03 PM
no I tought it was the same like he masses earlier theere wasnt the Message with " kingdom members only"

Abusabal- According to bjorn, you have to be in the kingdom, but you don't HAVE to be on tag.

Let me create a simple scenario

Random Player stands on random kingdom island
Random RUler: Get off my island, newbie.
Random Player: Why? It's not like any of the kingdoms are RPing, especially internally
Random Ruler adds Random Player to the gui with rank "Slave" and pillories them.

And it could also be done from main.

For no reason.

I don't care if it's monitered, given the state of Kingdoms and especially SOME of the rulers, this system WILL be abused.

g0atex
12-26-2004, 10:39 PM
Abusabal- According to bjorn, you have to be in the kingdom, but you don't HAVE to be on tag.

Random Player: Why? It's not like any of the kingdoms are RPing, especially internally
Random Ruler adds Random Player to the gui with rank "Slave" and pillories them.

For no reason.

I don't care if it's monitered, given the state of Kingdoms and especially SOME of the rulers, this system WILL be abused.
I agree. That is most likely how it will happen. But for some reason I'm getting the impression that Kingdom Rulers are way too lazy to add accounts to their kingdom.

syltburk
12-26-2004, 10:46 PM
I agree. That is most likely how it will happen. But for some reason I'm getting the impression that Kingdom Rulers are way too lazy to add accounts to their kingdom.
ur name makes me think of a disgusting domain

GryffonDurime
12-26-2004, 11:13 PM
ur name makes me think of a disgusting domain
Well thank you for dragging a semi-productive tyrate on the status of kingdom leaders down to such a petty level in a single sentance.

Truly, a record. :whatever:

Galdor
12-26-2004, 11:14 PM
cool! now i want to be a king! haha!

meishanli
12-27-2004, 12:52 AM
I'm sure if there were such abuses, severe actions would take place.

Moonite
12-27-2004, 05:32 AM

For no reason.

Misty just did that to me I only wnated to Repair my house and now im stueck here and cant go back into bmode..

Moonite
12-27-2004, 08:04 AM
ok Nobody seens to care..
Me Moonite went to Kj to rePair my house
I took the dungeons unsticked
im on Kj island now there I see Misty and some other guys
Then misty said shes goign to put me this Pillory
then I said ahaha u cant ((I readed her only Kingdom members can be jailed))
then I was inside this damn Pillory... then after awhile I finalyl was free but I was in pmode..
I told a few times let me join kj I go in bmode and leave kj but she said I prefer when ur in Pmode..
after Õ tryed everything I decide repair my House...

I tought u can Only be jailed if ur member of the Kingdom..?
wtf should I do now?

I hope nayoko will slap her irl...

ps im not crying or something This si just abit wierd...

Butz
12-27-2004, 09:25 AM
Why were the boots nerfed?
They went from being semi-useful, to being just.....heavy.

g0atex
12-27-2004, 10:17 AM
Why were the boots nerfed?
They went from being semi-useful, to being just.....heavy.
Stefan was complaining about the weight on RC, I assume he'll fix it. I'll ask him tomorrow about that if Bjorn hasn't already done it.

xAndrewx
12-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Thank you,

Butz
12-27-2004, 09:21 PM
Stefan was complaining about the weight on RC, I assume he'll fix it. I'll ask him tomorrow about that if Bjorn hasn't already done it.
Yes, but why was the speed removed?
Speed +1 doesn't make TOO much of a difference, but it's useful enough to make them worthwhile.
Now everyone who used their gifts on them sort of got shafted.

g0atex
12-28-2004, 01:58 AM
Yes, but why was the speed removed?
Speed +1 doesn't make TOO much of a difference, but it's useful enough to make them worthwhile.
Now everyone who used their gifts on them sort of got shafted.
Possibly because they were more valuable than Dustari Boots. The weight will be fixed I assure you.

Nappa
12-28-2004, 04:53 AM
Dude.. I want to be reimbursed. I spent my gift on the snowboots, then I +12ed them, to come on the next day and see the speed was gone. I dont want these pieces of crap now.

Emily_Cruddas
12-28-2004, 06:45 AM
dNeob claims they were not supposed to have speed+1 in the first place, that it was a bug, i highly doubt that and just cannot accept that as an excuse, since the cold resist was +40 that got taken down to +17 also.

That doesn't seem like a "bug" to me.

Butz
12-28-2004, 07:57 AM
So they change the snowboots, since they are too much like Dustari boots, but leave the Arcane Shield, which is nearly an exact copy of the Shield of the Sun, the same?

Moonite
12-28-2004, 09:52 AM
Blood Sabre dam+9 attacktypes: physical 8.5kg

Arabic Sword dam+9 attacktypes: physical 8.5kg

do u see any differents?

g0atex
12-28-2004, 10:18 AM
Blood Sabre dam+9 attacktypes: physical 8.5kg

Arabic Sword dam+9 attacktypes: physical 8.5kg

do u see any differents?
One is red and one is blue? :)
Anyway, I'm not the head honcho of this whole Christmas operation. I'll talk to Bjorn.

Moonite
12-28-2004, 10:40 AM
The Most Items of the Christmass/Easter Events are just Recollourd and the stats allmos tthe same

mebey they fix like 5% lesser reist or jjust just change the attack typ..

MasterNuke
12-28-2004, 10:42 AM
Maybe the snow boot weight reduced to 10kg or have the cold resist raised to at least +25... since having warm feet feels kinda toasty on the toes :). Erm... too bad it can't be made to ignore the slowdown from walking on snow.