PDA

View Full Version : Segmentation Fault Errors (SuSE Linux 9.1 Personal)

Brandon
12-24-2004, 09:30 AM
Hi there. I've recently switched to SuSE Linux Personal 9.1, and have properly installed the NVIDIA driver. When I try to run Graal now, everything is fine until I attempt to connect to a server or open the training thing. Upon doing so, the program exits without notice. When Graal is started from the console, it gives the following error upon crashing:

/usr/bin/graal: line 5: 4572 Segmentation Fault ./graalexe

Any ideas as to how I can fix this and get Graal working again? :) Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

System:
AMD Athlon XP 2500+
512 MB DDR RAM
NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
ASUS A7N8X-X Motherboard
SuSE Linux 9.1 Personal

Brandon
12-25-2004, 11:20 AM
Issue resolved, this thread can be deleted... (I can't do it myself, time expired. x.x)

Loriel
12-25-2004, 02:57 PM
Please explain what you did to resolve the issue.

Brandon
12-25-2004, 07:55 PM
I removed SuSE and reinstalled Mandrake. :p (I found some other things I didn't like about SuSE, so..)

Admins
12-27-2004, 12:11 AM
Must have been some incompatibilities of the gfx driver or the sound driver. Mandrake is quite good for gaming I think, at least the gfx drivers and sound drivers work good

Brandon
01-07-2005, 01:52 AM
This started to bug me, so I reinstalled SuSE 9.1 Personal and decided to give it another go. As it turns out, SuSE 9.1 Personal, by default, installs a much older version of the NVIDIA graphics driver. In order to get Graal to run, I had to add the SuSE FTP server as an install source to YaST, download make, gcc, and the kernel-source package, and then download and install the latest NVIDIA graphics driver from http://www.nvidia.com. Upon completion and subsequent configuration with SaX2, the Graal client now runs wonderfully. So, there you have it. Graal does indeed run on SuSE Linux 9.1 Personal. :)

Aha... another development. Graal also segfaulted when I set my default font size to 18. Weird.

Admins
01-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Yes problems when switching fonts, hope it is fixed in v3.12

superb
01-07-2005, 04:00 PM

So you are you planning to update the linux client any time soon? :)

I have it running well with ubuntu, but the client seems a bit clunky...I can't get the classic server to work correctly at all for instance. When I connect to a level none of the warp links work, etc...Other servers work okay, besides ERA...hehe

Brandon
01-08-2005, 01:38 PM
If this helps at all, Graal didn't segfault until I set the font size to below 22.