PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Launcher

Admins
12-23-2004, 06:08 AM
The rocket launcher has been added. It is meant as defensive weapon for protecting bases on Iricia. You need to buy rockets (20$ each) and go on a base that is hold by your team, and shoot at an enemy by clicking into the direction of him/her. It is automatically flying towards to missile. The missile is automatically destroying after 8 seconds. It is possible to run away from it (e.g. diagonally, commando class, or running mode), but it is better to use grenades to explode it, it's working the same way like with mines. An alternative is to run to enemies so that they are hit by the explosion too. The missile itself only takes 25 hp.
If you have ideas or suggestions about it then please post it here. It's quite new so nothing can be perfect, we probably need to tweak power, speed or price to make it balanced.

About other updates:
Use 'listen 0 .. 2 to set what kind of messages you get - 0 - all messages, 1 - team messages and flag/bases captured, 2 - only flag/base-capture-messages
The CTF map is working again, some stupid GST member was messing it up, sorry for that.

Planned things: we are working on 2 new weapons, and the medkits and medic class.

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 06:23 AM
Make the damage 50hp but make it so that it'll only lock on and follow people/vechiles if the person stands still for like 2-3 seconds

Edit// OR you could add another rocket type, have one just normal and the other seeking

Admins
12-23-2004, 06:28 AM
2-3 seconds for the attacker or the victim ?
Hmmm if it's not seeking it wouldn't really hit people ?

Brad
12-23-2004, 06:30 AM
seeking missles do 50 damage and you must be still for 2 seconds to fire

non seekers do like 60 or 70 and you must be still as well

non seekers just fly in the direction you shoot them in for 6-7 seconds

seekers should be like 50-60 dollars while nons are 25-40

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 06:32 AM
2-3 seconds for the attacker or the victim ?
Hmmm if it's not seeking it wouldn't really hit people ?
Perhaps it could work like this

We have rocket 1 - the cheap rocket. It reloads quickly, and it's speed is very fast. The con is that it can not follow players, think of it as a faster moving grenade. It could use a kind of point and fire script similiar to GK's bow script. It'll explode in that general area. Or it could do what Brad said. Just fire in a single direction.

Then we have rocket 2 - the more expensive rocket. It's basicly what you've described above.

Brad
12-23-2004, 06:36 AM
zurk i need to get 2000 exps so i can use a sword and be the ninja from mgs

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 08:13 AM
I know I had you make the reload time longer but it'd probably be a good idea to make the price 30 instead of 20 also......

Moonite
12-23-2004, 08:28 AM
This lsiten message is good :D
lets check out the launger I hope it wont tk lol

MasterNuke
12-23-2004, 10:34 AM
Stefan... you didn't make a rocket launcher. You made a missile launcher. I would like a rocket launcher now.

xAndrewx
12-23-2004, 10:47 AM
lolol, What gst was it? >;/

Moonite
12-23-2004, 04:02 PM
u have to camp on ur own Base to shoot with that how lame..

because I wanted to test it I saw an enemy I wanted to shoot and then came the message only @ ur own base I was like wtf ...

Admins
12-23-2004, 05:08 PM
If it would be allowed everywhere then it would make the other weapons useless :/

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 05:52 PM
If it would be allowed everywhere then it would make the other weapons useless :/
=x

But if it isn't allowed everywhere then it makes the rockets useless. Just have Sappers the only class who can handle the weapon. Maybe have a maximum rocket number that a person can have. Set that number to like 5 total rockets.

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 08:28 PM
=x

But if it isn't allowed everywhere then it makes the rockets useless. Just have Sappers the only class who can handle the weapon. Maybe have a maximum rocket number that a person can have. Set that number to like 5 total rockets.

Wow... you know what? That's a pretty good idea. 5 rockets max.... and you can take it everywhere... I like that.

The_Blue_Cracka
12-23-2004, 08:55 PM
Please enable it everywhere. This way you don't have 5 people shooting you at once, and your only defense is a machine gun.

MasterNuke
12-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Homing missiles aren't good for this kind of thing. Here is my sudgestion.

Make it not homing. Instead, make it so the projectile just goes straight and speeds up after some distance. Then make it so the damage is around half of mortars. Set the ammo limit to 3 or 5 and make it useable anywhere. And then make an entry in the shop to increase the ammo limit by 1. Maybe it can have a very weak tracking so that it actually hits someone, but not in a way where it completely turns around to hit someone. Also make it impact on things bullets impact on, because the splash will just hit things behind it anyway.

The problem with it now is that people can just sit on base and shoot out in the distance and kill somebody.

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 09:28 PM
Homing missiles aren't good for this kind of thing. Here is my sudgestion.

Make it not homing. Instead, make it so the projectile just goes straight and speeds up after some distance. Then make it so the damage is around half of mortars. Set the ammo limit to 3 or 5 and make it useable anywhere. And then make an entry in the shop to increase the ammo limit by 1. Maybe it can have a very weak tracking so that it actually hits someone, but not in a way where it completely turns around to hit someone. Also make it impact on things bullets impact on, because the splash will just hit things behind it anyway.

The problem with it now is that people can just sit on base and shoot out in the distance and kill somebody.

Or an addition to Ed's....

Regular Rockets - 15 Money
Homing Rockets - 1000 Money

:-D it's like how coke made coke bad and sold back original coke for more as 'Deluxe Coke'

MasterNuke
12-23-2004, 09:45 PM
Or an addition to Ed's....

Regular Rockets - 15 Money
Homing Rockets - 1000 Money

:-D it's like how coke made coke bad and sold back original coke for more as 'Deluxe Coke'

That will just make things freakin expensive.

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 09:48 PM
That will just make things freakin expensive.

But it will also lower the rates of the homing (current) rockets that we have being used for low-cost-mass-destruction-defense-thingy weapon and almost entirely enforce regular non-homing rockets. ;) So I guess yeah, making the homing rockets freaking expensive was the whole point.

MasterNuke
12-23-2004, 10:10 PM
I meant putting a cost on regular rockets. If the heavy ends up on the losing team, it is a loss of cash. Rockets get eaten up faster than you think.

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 10:24 PM
I meant putting a cost on regular rockets. If the heavy ends up on the losing team, it is a loss of cash. Rockets get eaten up faster than you think.

Oh..... yeah maybe.... well Homing Rockets should still be in the really expensive range... but yeah I know how fast Rockets get eaten up because I tried Defender when rocketlauncher came out so I could see how the rocketlauncher was but yeah maybe putting a cost on regular rockets would make things too expensive. But I think they should make regular rockets about the price of grenades because rockets can be used as grenades if needed.

Moonite
12-23-2004, 10:53 PM
Self Controled rocktes sexy...

FenixTheBanished
12-24-2004, 02:30 AM
5 maximum rockets? Please... Make it 15 rockets, fully customizeable (controller by keyboard ; homing, and straight firing) with prices starting at 25, and up to 250 (homing).

I like the rocket launcher, makes good for easy kills. :#

SergeTrigger
12-24-2004, 03:59 AM
5 maximum rockets? Please... Make it 15 rockets, fully customizeable (controller by keyboard ; homing, and straight firing) with prices starting at 25, and up to 250 (homing).

I like the rocket launcher, makes good for easy kills. :#

What? That's retarded if you have so many rockets and you can use it anywhere....... Already with 5 maximum rockets you can have 5 people with the rocket launcher come and easily take over a base.