PDA

View Full Version : Mines Protection

The_Blue_Cracka
12-20-2004, 11:04 PM
This is being abused too much. People are laying mines down, and using as a wall of death to anyone who steps over it.

Example:

Defender: *lays proxies*

Offenser: *Realizes he can't cross them*

Defender: *Stays behind mines and shoots, blocking you from going where you need to go*

Offenser: *Either gets killed by the one shooting or kills the one shooting him, then can't get to where he needs to go because of the mines, while the opposite team has full access across them*

DM_Jagged
12-20-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeah, that needs to be changed.

Also, there should be a rank requirement on the jet bikes. I see way too many newbs hopping on these valuable bikes and they don't even know how to drive them. Getting good position in the beginning of a battle is very crucial.

Myomoto
12-20-2004, 11:38 PM
This is being abused too much. People are laying mines down, and using as a wall of death to anyone who steps over it.

Example:

Defender: *lays proxies*

Offenser: *Realizes he can't cross them*

Defender: *Stays behind mines and shoots, blocking you from going where you need to go*

Offenser: *Either gets killed by the one shooting or kills the one shooting him, then can't get to where he needs to go because of the mines, while the opposite team has full access across them*

The team protection shouldn't count for stepping on the mines, it should just allow allies to get close.

Zurkiba
12-20-2004, 11:51 PM
And if you dont have mines then you have fast running Scouts win the game in 2 minutes.

There are ways to get past mine fields. Do you think the people at Vietnam, Persian Gulf, etc complained about the mines? Nope they found ways to remove them.

In Zone's case, other explosions will do the trick. Or You could send someone to kamikaze the field.

The team protection shouldn't count for stepping on the mines, it should just allow allies to get close.
If team members can step on the mines without them blowing up then you might as well remove the mines all together.

FenixTheBanished
12-20-2004, 11:53 PM
Or You could send someone to kamikaze the field.

But where are you going to find a Jap to do that? :\

The_Blue_Cracka
12-20-2004, 11:59 PM
We can scrap the mine protection for your team thing, and Stefan would easily be able to script a deactivation kit. (Don't mean to single you out Stefan)

Zurkiba
12-21-2004, 12:04 AM
We can scrap the mine protection for your team thing, and Stefan would easily be able to script a deactivation kit. (Don't mean to single you out Stefan)
Deactivation Kit would work, but one mine at a time would take a LONG time.

My urban map is going to be made with player minefields in mind.

Moonite
12-21-2004, 12:22 AM
But where are you going to find a Jap to do that? :\

we dont needs them we got noobs
tell them its a cookie
when zone still was beta I did that and an noob and he beleaved me :asleep:

Jaquet
12-21-2004, 03:33 AM
Also, there should be a rank requirement on the jet bikes. I see way too many newbs hopping on these valuable bikes and they don't even know how to drive them. Getting good position in the beginning of a battle is very crucial.

With rank requirement or not, just because you are a certain rank doesnt mean you automatically know how to ride the bike. You still have to learn so i dont think it matters

MasterNuke
12-21-2004, 04:25 AM
Maybe you can give some classes the ability to deactivate mines... also you can trigger them with grenades already.

Moonite
12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
Maybe you can give some classes the ability to deactivate mines... also you can trigger them with grenades already.

if we got such a class I got an idea.

0exp = canr deactivate
2k = Works rarely
6k = 3 of the 5 times it will explode
10k= Pretty good but still not save
~
20k= it will allways work but his class has not s0 good weapons

Zurkiba
12-21-2004, 05:07 PM
if we got such a class I got an idea.

0exp = canr deactivate
2k = Works rarely
6k = 3 of the 5 times it will explode
10k= Pretty good but still not save
~
20k= it will allways work but his class has not s0 good weapons
no

Moonite
12-21-2004, 05:09 PM
Why no?
this is *** why no?

having a few exp for defusing bombs sounds real

and why is g4y sensored some people here like men so thats forbitten?
and g4y mean happy to... if u remember this flinstones song
"we got a *** old time"

axman36
12-22-2004, 08:53 AM
what are you talking about Mine fields are hard to pass, geeze, its easy, get a frag grenade, throw it at the minefield... BOOM! If the guy not letting you pass is near it, he is in the explosion and dies, I figured this out when a teamate put mines at are ladders at the main base making us not able to pass, everyone was trying to go, without warning, I threw a frag grenade and I accidently blew up some of my own teamates... But atleast the proxomines were gone.

SergeTrigger
12-22-2004, 09:07 AM
what are you talking about Mine fields are hard to pass, geeze, its easy, get a frag grenade, throw it at the minefield... BOOM! If the guy not letting you pass is near it, he is in the explosion and dies, I figured this out when a teamate put mines at are ladders at the main base making us not able to pass, everyone was trying to go, without warning, I threw a frag grenade and I accidently blew up some of my own teamates... But atleast the proxomines were gone.

hahaha that's what I do, good job ;)

The_Blue_Cracka
12-23-2004, 02:31 AM
It's still very un-realistic that you can step over a land mine because your team placed it.

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 02:34 AM
It's still very un-realistic that you can step over a land mine because your team placed it.
And it's also very un-realistic that your radar can define friend from foe.

But wait, this is a futuristic server. So if there is a technology to determine who is friend or foe on your radar then there is a technology that can use that same concept to trigger mines and such.

The_Blue_Cracka
12-23-2004, 02:35 AM
And it's also very un-realistic that your radar can define friend from foe.

But wait, this is a futuristic server. So if there is a technology to determine who is friend or foe on your radar then there is a technology that can use that same concept to trigger mines and such.
Need I remind you that this is also the reason people are getting stuck on ladders?

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 02:36 AM

I've said something pretty much like that before, I think it was "How does the mine know if it's on your team or not?" and the answer was from Ed, it was, "Mandatory Federation Boots of the Team".

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 02:37 AM
Need I remind you that this is also the reason people are getting stuck on ladders?
No, the reason that people are stuck on ladders is because people put proximity mines on the ladders.

I guess we should remove grenades, mortars, and chemical trooper stuffs because they are the reason for teamkillings and friendlyfire.

syltburk
12-23-2004, 02:53 AM
jeez you newbs, use grenades

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 03:10 AM
jeez you newbs, use grenades
But they want to adjust the game so that they can max out their stats even faster without using their brains

middo
12-23-2004, 03:22 AM
--
Teacher: Today we will learn the delicate process of defusing a mine, just behind me in the middle of that empty patch is a mine. *points at shiny object laying on the ground*.
Now, watch closely. *The teacher pulls out a grenade, tosses it behind him without looking, the mine and the nade explode*...
any questions?
--

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 03:27 AM
--
Teacher: Today we will learn the delicate process of defusing a mine, just behind me in the middle of that empty patch is a mine. *points at shiny object laying on the ground*.
Now, watch closely. *The teacher pulls out a grenade, tosses it behind him without looking, the mine and the nade explode*...
any questions?
--

LMAO nice one

The_Blue_Cracka
12-23-2004, 03:29 AM
But they want to adjust the game so that they can max out their stats even faster without using their brains
I said NOTHING about giving experience when you defuse a mine. I just simply think that it would be nicer to add more realism.

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 03:34 AM
I said NOTHING about giving experience when you defuse a mine. I just simply thing that it would be nicer to add more realism.
I said NOTHING about giving experience when you defuse a mine.

FenixTheBanished
12-23-2004, 03:35 AM
--
any questions?
--

Good idea. :)

axman36
12-23-2004, 04:11 AM
ya, this is what you do, say GRENADE, GRENADE!!! Hopefully, everyone will know that your throwing a grenade, then boom, and on the dominant planet, just go on a bike, and Kamikaze right into a mine field, if its lined, and you go full speed, you wont get hurt at all, and the mines will blow up.

Moonite
12-23-2004, 08:31 AM
ya, this is what you do, say GRENADE, GRENADE!!! Hopefully, everyone will know that your throwing a grenade, then boom, and on the dominant planet, just go on a bike, and Kamikaze right into a mine field, if its lined, and you go full speed, you wont get hurt at all, and the mines will blow up.

How many Copyrights will be faked?
its same Like
head Shot or Double kill bla..
would be sexy but I dont thinks it would be allowed...

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 06:12 PM
How many Copyrights will be faked?
its same Like
head Shot or Double kill bla..
would be sexy but I dont thinks it would be allowed...
What are you talking about?

Do you know what a copyright is?

And No, shoting Grenade and/or charging through a minefield on a speedbike is not like a head shot or double kill.

What wouldn't be allowed? Shouting Grenade and/or charging a minefield?

Moonite
12-23-2004, 10:54 PM
if we steal the soudsn from ut or sof or cs..

Myomoto
12-23-2004, 11:15 PM

Are you on drugs man?? wtf are you talking about!?!?!

SergeTrigger
12-23-2004, 11:21 PM
Are you on drugs man?? wtf are you talking about!?!?!

He says steal the exploding sounds from Unreal Tournament, Soldiers of Fortune, or Counterstrike

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 11:32 PM
-_-
Go punish yourself

axman36
12-23-2004, 11:33 PM
besides, I got the saying from SWB

Zurkiba
12-23-2004, 11:35 PM
besides, I got the saying from SWB
I just got done playing that game

middo
12-24-2004, 12:14 AM
OTHER DIMENSION::::

Dev: Sir, we decided to make the player shout 'GRENADE!' when he throws a grenade.

Manager: Impossible, its been copywrighted, DONT YOU KNOW? The word 'GRENADE' and all general phrases related to it are taken, we could face SERIOUS LAWSUITS. And we can't deal with that right now

:::

A word such as 'Headshot' or 'Grenade' cant be copywrited, get over it. ;o

Moonite
12-24-2004, 01:12 AM
but things like

Double kill multi bla monster bla..

and no im not on Drugs why does everyone say that.. ?!

Zurkiba
12-24-2004, 01:19 AM
but things like

Double kill multi bla monster bla..

and no im not on Drugs why does everyone say that.. ?!
No Double Kill is not

Because we HOPE that you're on drugs, if you're not. Well then you're just messed up.

Moonite
12-24-2004, 01:30 AM
if my english just were alil better because if I explain it in german to stefan he understand me..

The_Blue_Cracka
12-24-2004, 02:19 AM
if my english just were alil better because if I explain it in german to stefan he understand me..
Wtfs.. what country do you live in?

Zurkiba
12-24-2004, 02:22 AM
Language has nothing to do with it.

Wtfs.. what country do you live in?
Holland

Moonite
12-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Yea I can Talk Dutch German and abit english...
does the mines Still block?