PDA

View Full Version : RC Ideas

URBANLEGEND
12-19-2004, 04:43 AM
1: Make it impossible to set an RC IP to less than 2 numbers of an IP. All these playerworlds (as shown by sparks nifty pie graphs) have too many *.*.*.* and #.*.*.* IPs. I realize people donít want to do this because most of them are dial-up prostitutes. We'll, With all these "h4x0r5" around we need the added security do we not?

2: It should be possible for playerworld owners to set an added password to log on higher levels rcs (3+) This could help prevent the hacking of a lot of servers. Because in most cases they hack the high-rights accounts and remove all the RC and stuff. If a playerworld owner could set a password to log on the SERVER with an RC. I feel it could protect the server from a terrible fate.
--TO MAKE IT CLEAR FOR YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE DISLEXIC. BY PASSWORD I DONT MEAN YOUR GRAAL ACCOUNT PASSWORD I MEAN A PASSWORD SET BY THE OWNER THAT A STAFF MEMBER OF A HIGHER OF LV3 RC HAS TO PUT IN BEFORE THE PERSON IS GRANTED PROMISSION TO USE THE RC.

Thank you for reading.

Loriel
12-19-2004, 05:15 AM
The latter is pointless.

Slash-P2P
12-19-2004, 05:25 AM
TO MAKE IT CLEAR FOR YOU PEOPLE WHO ARE DISLEXIC.

I doubt there are many dislexic people on Graal. They are all just idiots.

Loriel
12-19-2004, 05:29 AM
Or, at most, dyslexic.

Admins
12-19-2004, 04:58 PM
We will update the gserver next week to not allow staff to login with *.*.*.* ip range anymore, except the admin-playerworld account, but we will think of something for that too soon

URBANLEGEND
12-19-2004, 05:01 PM
We will update the gserver next week to not allow staff to login with *.*.*.* ip range anymore, except the admin-playerworld account, but we will think of something for that too soon

Great, So you are on top of things

Ajira
12-20-2004, 01:57 AM
People using AOL, like me, can only use one subset.

Moonite
12-20-2004, 02:04 AM
People using AOL, like me, can only use one subset.

a few German Providers Change they ip each time u log in..

what shoud they do now?

URBANLEGEND
12-20-2004, 12:59 PM

what shoud they do now?

I guess their screwed, or maybe get less rights that cant be harmful to the server. Like if you cant have a secure ip, you get access to a levels upload folder rather than the actual levels folder. or for NC only access to AccName/Weapon instad of rw to all weapons.

Moonite
12-20-2004, 01:32 PM
I know someone who has an IP thatchanges each time he logs on... and hes a owner of a server then he paid 100 bucks for nothing?

zell12
12-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I know someone who has an IP thatchanges each time he logs on... and hes a owner of a server then he paid 100 bucks for nothing?
except the admin-playerworld account, but we will think of something for that too soon

Also, AOL users can get a few ip ranges, but you just have to take a hour or two and find all the ip ranges you use, or a pattern. :/

Salaisuus
12-20-2004, 01:59 PM
I use ADSL but still the two last sets (*.*.#.#) of my ip change every now and then.

Loriel
12-20-2004, 06:44 PM

what shoud they do now?
Do what everyone else does and write them down until you get a pattern. Pft.

URBANLEGEND
12-21-2004, 05:00 AM
Iv come to find a common AOL pattern is
205.168.*.*.... Atleast when i used it.

Moonite
12-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Do what everyone else does and write them down until you get a pattern. Pft.

I dont have to my Ip changes never... :whatever:
how do I Pattern then?

URBANLEGEND
12-21-2004, 03:06 PM
I dont have to my Ip changes never... :whatever:
how do I Pattern then?

Everytime you sign on your internet, write down the ip it gives you. After about a week of this. find the most 2 reoccuring #.#.*.*'s and give them to your playerworld manager
:O

Loriel
12-21-2004, 04:23 PM
I was not literally talking to you either.

Minoc
12-21-2004, 05:55 PM
Suggestion: allow people to have multiple IP ranges.

Doahh_p2p
12-21-2004, 06:14 PM
Another Idea:

Maby let the players set their OWN IP ranges

I hate having to wait for a manager or high admin to come on and when they do they are "Too Busy"

Suggestion: allow people to have multiple IP ranges.

Already Done i have at lease 30 IP #'s on 2 connections (DSL and 56k)
The strange thisg is my 56k does not change but my DSL does u.u

Skyld
12-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Maby let players set their OWN IP ranges
Then there is likely to be someone who goes wrong, locks themself out of their RC and then needs a higher admin to set it anyway.

URBANLEGEND
12-22-2004, 12:29 AM
Then there is likely to be someone who goes wrong, locks themself out of their RC and then needs a higher admin to set it anyway.

This is true, but i also hated having to wait hours upon hours for a manager to set it.

Minoc
12-22-2004, 12:35 AM
Another Idea:
Already Done i have at lease 30 IP #'s on 2 connections (DSL and 56k)
The strange thisg is my 56k does not change but my DSL does u.u
Since when?

URBANLEGEND
12-22-2004, 12:42 AM
Since when?
Its been like that for a LOOONG time minoc

Leasure-13
12-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Why cant you use a dynamic DNS?

Loriel
12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
What are you trying to suggest?

Skyld
12-22-2004, 02:00 PM
He's trying to suggest using a dynamic DNS name (i.e. skyld.mine.nu) in an IP range, in which anyone with the username and password to the Dynamic DNS account can set the name to match their IP and steal their account.

Loriel
12-22-2004, 02:17 PM
Oh, I see. That has been suggested and argued down before.

ZeroTrack
12-22-2004, 03:59 PM
<-- thinks we should go back to playerworld accounts lol i miss my Sanstrata_NAT-Admin account lol , but the the password should still be system set =p.. i donno i just miss the old days too much , dont pay any attention to me

Doahh_p2p
12-22-2004, 06:34 PM
That would be their own fault =p

Well let me rephrase that:

Have an OPTION in rights to set own IP range

Skyld
12-22-2004, 06:39 PM
There is nothing wrong with the system now. If people can not be patient enough to wait for a high admin to set their IP ranges, then they need to be more patient.

Doahh_p2p
12-24-2004, 07:03 PM
There is nothing wrong with the system now. If people can not be patient enough to wait for a high admin to set their IP ranges, then they need to be more patient.

I've had the OWNER of the server go on VACATION for 2 weeks and i couldn't log on because he wouldn't listen to when i told him that he put in a number wrong. He was the only one high enought with the right rights to do it

Skyld
12-25-2004, 02:42 AM
In which case, he is to blame for bad organization. That is not a fault with the current system.

davidpsy
12-28-2004, 01:07 PM
Alright, I've had this idea for a while. I was wondering if someone could please add a feature to the rc so when someone types a message that it makes a sound, like instant messaging, that way if I have my rc minimized, I can tell when someone is saying something. Make this a feature, meaning it can be turned on or turned off.

NicoX
12-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Alright, I've had this idea for a while. I was wondering if someone could please add a feature to the rc so when someone types a message that it makes a sound, like instant messaging, that way if I have my rc minimized, I can tell when someone is saying something. Make this a feature, meaning it can be turned on or turned off.

if you minimize ur rc you can see the rc-icon in ur task x-x so you will see if someone pms you right ?

davidpsy
12-28-2004, 02:22 PM
if you minimize ur rc you can see the rc-icon in ur task x-x so you will see if someone pms you right ?

Yes, I am talking about when someone types a message in the rc chat, this has nothing to do with pm's.