PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Mods / New Zones

Spark910
12-19-2004, 03:25 AM
Post/Discuss here

Suggested modes to add:
(1) Supply - 2 teams, both start with none, you have to go and collect supplies and keep them at your base for a period of time (think of it as a capture the flags). Every so many seconds for each supply package you have, you get a point, so the team with the most packages will win (so the team with the least needs to get some more by attacking the other teams base).

Random package starting spots, and should have directions on radar.

(2) Deathmatch - Every man for himself!

(3) VIP - Each team gets a VIP and must get this person to the other teams base, if the VIP dies, the team loses! The VIP should have some significant character so you can identify him/her (Seperate head, body, radar colour)

(4) Defend and Destroy - both teams must defend their <something> and destroy the other teams <something>

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 03:25 AM
For one, the planet selection screen, replace the highlight (see image below, might not work)(might want to seperate the angles out a little)

Types of planets games

King of the Hill (suggested by Stefan)
Siege (One Offensive team attacks a defensive fort to capture it)
Objective Planet

Types of planets
Mining Colony (suggested by Stefan)
Urban area (currently being worked on)
Under Water Base
Space Ship (Do it classic StarWars IV style)

Planets to improve:
Ice planet, it doesn't seem like a battlefield.

--

I was thinking the Siege map could have buildable defenses and stuff, and the attacking team has to establish a beachhead by attacking it. After a team won then it just switched team positions.

Galdor
12-19-2004, 03:27 AM
sounds like fun =]

Admins
12-19-2004, 03:43 AM
For the style of the next Zone we will add I thought of a desert-like mining area, with big towers, mining trains and underground caves. Need to see for which combat type that would fit best.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 03:46 AM
For the style of the next Zone we will add I thought of a desert-like mining area, with big towers, mining trains and underground caves. Need to see for which combat type that would fit best.
I added that in my post above (your name is next to it)

I think it'd be a fun King of the Hill map
---

GUILDS! Have like a Guild War planet, each Guild can get a unique body and what not.

Edit// As a matter of fact, have the Guild War planet a constant planet, your guild will have a base and if you die you're warped there. Then you can set up defenses and stuff. Have competitions between the guilds and what not

Admins
12-19-2004, 03:50 AM
I think it'd be a fun King of the Hill map

Yes might fit

About the ice zone: what exactly don't you like there? Part of it is the hover bikes which let you get fast to the bases, and then you need to protect them of course. That's why there are not too many obstacles. In the south there is some place where you cannot get with the hover bike, and there you have more snow barriers and such things for close combats.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 03:57 AM
Yes might fit

About the ice zone: what exactly don't you like there? Part of it is the hover bikes which let you get fast to the bases, and then you need to protect them of course. That's why there are not too many obstacles. In the south there is some place where you cannot get with the hover bike, and there you have more snow barriers and such things for close combats.
I could see it now actually, like inside of a volcano. The center is the Hill, five tunnels lead out. The center has magma under it and stuff.

Ice Planet just doesn't give me a battlefield feel to it.

When people think of war on an ice planet, they think Hoth XD.

What to do: better place the defenses, add craters and scars over the snow, make it have a huge blizzard (if it's possible to do it without a lot of lag), and add like a 10-15 second time to capture a base. And add Trenches and stuff. Establish a front line to it all.

haro41
12-19-2004, 07:08 AM
how about a tutorial or some sort of introduction. i have no idea what im doing

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 03:14 PM
Go touch one of those information terminals

Spark910
12-19-2004, 03:21 PM
The website front page has a general guide about the type of different modes - but not weapons/classes/controls yet.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 03:59 PM
Guild System and planet

The Guild planet is a constant planet, meaning it never restarts and it doesn't really have a set system to it.

There will be a series of guilds (maybe 5) all will have themed names (e.g. 'The Weaver Union' or something)

Each guild will recieve a base which they can hang out in. Each base will be made with a strategic defense in mind. You gain nothing by capturing an enemy's base, just gloating rights.

The map would be a huge area of basicly nothing. Maybe this could be a Jungle Planet (It could also work well in the desert mine planet too). There would be towers and other forts lying around. I guess we could tie the towers and forts into a type of guild territory thing.

Each guild only starts off with one class, The Marine. Events could be held in which Guilds recieve points. Points can be spent on base upgrades or getting additional classes.

You can only enter if you are in one of the guilds, in which you're warped to your base.

Sum41Freeeeek
12-19-2004, 05:41 PM
I dont really like the guild idea.

Most of zone is just team events.
I dont really think Guilds/Gangs/whatever would fit on this server.

pacMASTA
12-19-2004, 05:57 PM
How does this 3rd class 2nd class 1st class soldier thing work then?

Nitkizi
12-19-2004, 06:10 PM
My suggestion from the "Welcome to Zone" thread:

Should be an Assault mode, a la Halo 2! Basically 'bomb the base'. The object of the game is to take a bomb to the other team's base and arm it by standing in a certain spot for about 5 seconds to arm it.

Spark910
12-19-2004, 06:46 PM
I dont really like the guild idea.

Most of zone is just team events.
I dont really think Guilds/Gangs/whatever would fit on this server.
I agree, guilds suck and teams are good enough. Maybe, if a story line starts, then each team can have its own leader or something similar. But no to the guilds! People should have the ability that they currently do the swap and change teams, and that way it's more fun and with more people on each side.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 09:15 PM
I agree, guilds suck and teams are good enough. Maybe, if a story line starts, then each team can have its own leader or something similar. But no to the guilds! People should have the ability that they currently do the swap and change teams, and that way it's more fun and with more people on each side.
But it isn't a team server right now :(

Spark910
12-19-2004, 09:19 PM
But it isn't a team server right now :(
When I played we were working as a team. There arent enough people in guilds to make it worth while, and there aren't enough guilds who would play it for it to be worth while.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Possible Women bodies/heads/hair

http://www.scifi.com/battlestar/mini/characters/

Weapon for Scout - Radar Jammer, destroys the radar of both friend and ally for about 30 seconds (uses energy)

pacMASTA
12-19-2004, 10:53 PM
Idea: Mini Bots - They Drain 50Energy but last for 1 min and htey shoot were you shoot and do some dmg

Jaquet
12-21-2004, 02:47 AM
In school im in a Civil War class and like, I was thinking.. What if we had a civil war style map with fences and just a big field, and like the weapons are .58 Springfield rifles like back in the civil war. And like the two sides start in a line, and they just walk forward shooting everyone and when one team kills all of the other teams men then they win, it seems kinda hard to do but it would be kinda cool if you think about it.

FenixTheBanished
12-21-2004, 06:29 AM
Perhaps, Zones for EXP Ranks. Newbie -> First Class in one zone, Soldiers in one, Warriors in one, Corprals, etc. That way we dont have super pro uber leet murasama's praying on the newbies who don't know how to beat it.

Would make for an easy way to chart the kills/deaths there too.

Also, do something about the randomness of EXP. I have 578:205 (kill:death), and only 3759 EXP. Some other kids have a meer hundred kills, and 4000 exp already. z.z

Tranas_Scythe
12-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Uhh, one of the ideas me and dell had were Bug Fighting.
Alien bugs CPU controlled vs. A Team of Humans.
Supposidly Ant Lions, I think that would work nicely.
You guys should check out the game made by sony that Zone was based off of, I forget the name though. They have a ton of servers that were different zones, etc. Just copy offa that XD

FenixTheBanished
12-21-2004, 10:55 AM
Copying is bad...

You mean the old Red Coats springfield .55 Riflemen lines shooting in perfect formation? Like, forming two adjacent lines then walking towards eachother and shooting eachother? Sounds okay.. but

why don't we have 2-round, 3 second reload springsfield rifles, and have a small arena for the battles? Like, 2---x2--- pixels (on 1028x768). That'd be fun.

Tranas_Scythe
12-21-2004, 11:48 AM
Its not exactly copying.

Admins
12-21-2004, 02:43 PM
Also, do something about the randomness of EXP. I have 578:205 (kill:death), and only 3759 EXP. Some other kids have a meer hundred kills, and 4000 exp already. z.z

You also get exp and money when your team captures flags or when your team wins on Iricia

Zurkiba
12-21-2004, 03:20 PM
Jungle Planet

New Race:
Zormites

Moonite
12-21-2004, 04:44 PM
Jungle Planet

New Race:
Zormites

not Jungle they all Like Fish

Zurkiba
12-21-2004, 04:54 PM
not Jungle they all Like Fish
What are you talking about?

Moonite
12-21-2004, 05:01 PM
Zermite = a Fish Kingdom u played kIngdoms to and if u now abit of thje zermite story u have to know >:o

but plz lets talk about zone not kingdoms

Zurkiba
12-21-2004, 05:03 PM
Zermite = a Fish Kingdom u played kIngdoms to and if u now abit of thje zermite story u have to know >:o

but plz lets talk about zone not kingdoms
IF YOU ARE GOING TO SPEAK ENGLISH THEN DAMN SPEAK IT.

The Zormite are a race on 2k1 and 2k2, I know more about the story then you do. The Zormites are a race of Graal, the most unique and most defined race of them all. The Zormites have a place in Zone.

Moonite
12-21-2004, 05:18 PM
no they dont ..
I dont see any water on zone so they Die anyways
damn fish.

and I never told that I know more aboutt the story then so pft >:O

Jaquet
12-21-2004, 10:46 PM
Copying is bad...

You mean the old Red Coats springfield .55 Riflemen lines shooting in perfect formation? Like, forming two adjacent lines then walking towards eachother and shooting eachother? Sounds okay.. but

why don't we have 2-round, 3 second reload springsfield rifles, and have a small arena for the battles? Like, 2---x2--- pixels (on 1028x768). That'd be fun.
I agree, it would be fun

Moonite
12-22-2004, 03:13 AM
the Cafitaria is so empty u can only sit there...
make a few mini games inside likepinbal or something...

because I see the hole time those Cake and cookies... after a while they talk to me :(

FenixTheBanished
12-22-2004, 04:15 AM
That would be cool... Pinball, and Raiden. 8)

Oh, and have food purchasable for HP regen.

Zurkiba
12-22-2004, 04:16 AM
the Cafitaria is so empty u can only sit there...
make a few mini games inside likepinbal or something...

because I see the hole time those Cake and cookies... after a while they talk to me :(
Speaking of the devil, I'm making a space station meant for sidegames and stuff.

SergeTrigger
12-22-2004, 09:01 AM
The N Key: Holding this down to show namers? Yeah, great idea. Not. You cant show the names when your moving cuz if you hold n and try to shoot/move you will freeze up and ****. Please change N to toggle names on/off.

A different mode:
This mode would own. Squads.
A group of 10 (you and your friends) vs another 6 groups of 10 or something, each gets a base with a flag in it and if you capture their flag you win.

Survivor/Team Survivor.
Last Man Standing. For team survivor, players owuld be split up into two teams and yeah.

-Alloric (DaRKvOrTeXtOHheLl)

Moonite
12-22-2004, 02:11 PM
1 group = 10 people * 6 = 60 player... a planet with 60 players will be rarefull player better u change it into lol groueps like 1group 4 players..

but we alrdy got this idea on Alfpha there are 3 teams and each team has like 8 members.