PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Zone !

Admins
12-19-2004, 03:14 AM
As you may be have seen, there is a new Gold Server - Zone!
This server was originally made by Angel and Dell, with graphics from Blookat. But because of staff problems the original staff quit. So we took the server content, rewrote all scripts using new scripting engine, introduced a new character using the one from Graal Kingdoms, with new helmets and bodies and redid all animations. Garel also helped with drawing new graphics for the dropships.
For a quick introduction I added a link to the graalonline.com - News about Zone.
In a few minutes I will post the things we have planned to add to Zone in the future, and welcome everyone to post their opinions and ideas.

Nitkizi
12-19-2004, 03:17 AM
Should be an Assault mode, a la Halo 2! Basically 'bomb the base'. The object of the game is to take a bomb to the other team's base and arm it by standing in a certain spot for about 5 seconds to arm it.

MysticalMatrix
12-19-2004, 03:20 AM
Are there going to be any more servers that are going to added to the Gold tab?

Galdor
12-19-2004, 03:29 AM
Are there going to be any more servers that are going to added to the Gold tab?

graal 3d i guess lol >.>

protagonist
12-19-2004, 04:32 AM
I love it. Is there any way I could help out in the construction of new maps? It's a very interesting tileset.

It's alot of fun and adds a very cool new dimension to Graal, and I think it will be a great success as long as it is taken care of and updated.

Zurkiba
12-19-2004, 04:36 AM
I love it. Is there any way I could help out in the construction of new maps? It's a very interesting tileset.

It's alot of fun and adds a very cool new dimension to Graal, and I think it will be a great success as long as it is taken care of and updated.
I'm organizing a team now to make battlefields and stuff.

falco10291029
12-19-2004, 04:49 AM
crap, with Zone at gold now, i have to reupgrade if i want to play it :(

oinknessx
12-19-2004, 04:59 AM
I logged on Zone yesterday and it was still in Under Construction mode, and when I saw it on the gold list today with like 130 people, I was a bit confused! But then I realized... Oh, this is that playerworld I was on before.. And then my brain turned into jello. :(

It looked great though, you guys did a fine job there. I'm excited to hear some space-synthy musics as soon as you get that music pack thing working. :)

--Chris--
12-19-2004, 06:07 AM
You should like set my gani rights since August when you requested me to make animations so I can make stuff look better.

TESTRETIS
12-19-2004, 06:26 AM
Had a feeling Zone would go gold when It was first released last year...Or was It earlier this year...I dont remember..time flies quickly.

Sum41Freeeeek
12-19-2004, 05:37 PM
It was only in the classic tab last time it was up.

protagonist
12-19-2004, 06:36 PM
You should like set my gani rights since August when you requested me to make animations so I can make stuff look better.

The one Gani I dislike is the walking gani when you're holding a one-armed gun. Your empty arm swings up too stiffly.

Spark910
12-19-2004, 06:44 PM
It was only in the classic tab last time it was up.
We were lacking GOLD servers, and considering the quality of the server and the time put in by office-staff (well, e.g: Stefan) then it was considered to be better off as a gold server.

falco10291029
12-19-2004, 07:32 PM
anyone want to buy me a few more months of gold? :)

Slash-P2P
12-19-2004, 07:40 PM
We were lacking GOLD servers, and considering the quality of the server and the time put in by office-staff (well, e.g: Stefan) then it was considered to be better off as a gold server.

Allow people to have their server reviewed to be under the Gold tab? ^^

graal 3d i guess lol >.>
Graal3D has its own tab, no?

Nitkizi
12-19-2004, 08:15 PM

Are there any servers made by players worthy of the gold tab?
x_x

Spark910
12-19-2004, 09:20 PM

I dont think any I've see would be worth it yet. There aren't even any servers to be reviewed for classic tab. It would be better to keep it official I think.

falco10291029
12-19-2004, 11:57 PM
Well perhaps you should have requirements to make gold tab listed in the forums, and that way classic servers can strive to make themselves worthy for that.

LogicBot
12-20-2004, 12:55 AM
Are there any servers made by players worthy of the gold tab?
x_x
Ha!

Yayy for Zone. Too bad it gets real old real quick. ^^

Spark910
12-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Well perhaps you should have requirements to make gold tab listed in the forums, and that way classic servers can strive to make themselves worthy for that.
I think it would be best to keep official servers as GOLD only.

syltburk
12-20-2004, 01:41 AM
can VIP play only on weekend or every day???...

Because then I have to buy another 1 year gold upgrade -.-

falco10291029
12-20-2004, 02:29 AM
I think it would be best to keep official servers as GOLD only.

Did I ask what you think? Oh wait it's up to you. Curses.

Minoc
12-20-2004, 11:38 PM
Graal3D has its own tab, no?
Graal3D would probably have its own client.

prozac424242
12-23-2004, 04:23 AM
New scripting engine?

Is this a part of the current Graal client, since it can run the scripts online,
or is it something that we (who rent playerworld space) can do with the npc server currently? I would very much like to know more information about this ....

Admins
12-23-2004, 06:12 AM
It's using new scripting engine on serverside, while the clients get the script version they support (v3.1 clients connecting to it could theoretically use new script if you do something like if (graalversion>=3.1) addweapon("NewScriptingTest"); )

oinknessx
01-16-2005, 06:47 AM
It's using new scripting engine on serverside, while the clients get the script version they support (v3.1 clients connecting to it could theoretically use new script if you do something like if (graalversion>=3.1) addweapon("NewScriptingTest"); )
I know this is off topic, but when I log on graal it makes my character run down forever and he wont stop. But if I try to use Graal3D, it flashes and I cant see the menus and I cant even log onto anything. :frown:

If you're lacking gold playerworlds, why not have a trustable team make one? *wink wink cough wink cough*

Xcessive54321
04-11-2005, 11:25 PM
*cough* if only it was slower *cough*

KuJi
04-17-2005, 09:04 PM
If one more gold server is added and graal doesn't increase their player count in gold their will be around 35 players on each gold server. (If their was 3)

Skyld
04-17-2005, 09:16 PM
Thank you, Xcessive54321, for reviving an old thread!

Inspiration
04-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Thank you, Xcessive54321, for reviving an old thread!

He's only done it about 10-15 times so far, not too bad, right??

KuJi
06-23-2005, 11:54 PM
*Revives old thread*

Yay, Welcome to Zone Wars.

Alright now:

If you don't want it revived, then it shouldn't be stickied?

Wind_Master
08-06-2005, 05:57 AM
when is v3 comin out and what is it gunna add???

Dante55555
08-11-2005, 12:06 AM
V...3?

Crono
08-11-2005, 01:01 AM
V...3?

Lol, I think he means V4.

Dante55555
08-11-2005, 01:09 AM
Oh cause i was confused

Wind_Master
08-11-2005, 06:30 AM
Lol, I think he means V4.

ya i mean v4...sry it was a typo

anubis_wing
08-11-2005, 06:43 AM
Oh cause i was confused

then im confused what is the different version what happens and when?

Wind_Master
08-11-2005, 07:01 AM
then im confused what is the different version what happens and when?

thats what im trying 2 figure out :eek: :frown: :eek:

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 06:49 AM
thats what im trying 2 figure out :eek: :frown: :eek:
I finded out i think stefan told me it's in 2 weeks for vip and a month for all !pissed!

Judge_S
08-17-2005, 11:34 PM
I finded out i think stefan told me it's in 2 weeks for vip and a month for all !pissed!
I know! I mean, damn, why are VIPs finally getting a practical use of their subscription plan!?

/troll

anubis_wing
08-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I know! I mean, damn, why are VIPs finally getting a practical use of their subscription plan!?

/troll
.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .... I mean why a month

haunter
08-17-2005, 11:47 PM
(pointless line of periods) I mean why a month

Graal VIP Membership

If you are interested in becoming our privileged member, we are now introducing VIP Membership for US$25/year. This is an upgrade-only, so you must first have a Graal Classic Membership or currently subscribing to Graal Gold.

As a priviledged member, you get to enjoy the following benefits:

Access a special Forum to get Graal development news direct from our Dev Team. Suggest ideas and features that you'd like to see in future releases of Graal.

Participate in testing pre-release Graal technology. We will open Graal 3D for VIP Preview early next year! What is a Preview?

Apply for a PlayerWorld to develop your own virtual world and community. This is subject to terms and conditions, as well as separate pricing. We will announce details soon.

source: http://www.graalonline.com/about/join.php#vip

Judge_S
08-17-2005, 11:50 PM
I mean why a month
Well, to that respect, it's safe to say it's not completed to Stefan's (and the other developers') expectations, no?
Common sense 4tehwin? =]

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Well, to that respect, it's safe to say it's not completed to Stefan's (and the other developers') expectations, no?
Common sense 4tehwin? =]
OK i get the point u all hate me.......what i mean is if it is being released so soon for them why not make it like just 3 weeks for all others

haunter
08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
OK i get the point u all hate me.......what i mean is if it is being released so soon for them why not make it like just 3 weeks for all others

Participate in testing pre-release Graal technology.

Is that clear for you now?

If you want it in two weeks go get a VIP upgrade. Otherwise you have to wait another two weeks on top of that.

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 12:20 AM
Is that clear for you now?
IM NOT SAYING IT'S UNFAIR IM JUST SAYING IF IT'S READY SO SOON WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT RELEASE FOR THE PUBLIC AND IF U'LL EXCUSE ME IM GUNNA GO CHECK THE COST FOR UPGRADING TO VIP!!!!!!TY VERY MUCH FOR BEING A SMART ASS HAUNTER!!!!

haunter
08-18-2005, 12:23 AM
IM NOT SAYING IT'S UNFAIR IM JUST SAYING IF IT'S READY SO SOON WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT RELEASE FOR THE PUBLIC
Calm down...

They're doing that because if they released it to the public at the same time as they released it to VIP, VIP upgrades would be useless. I want my $25 worth of pre-releases, thank you.

anubis_wing
08-18-2005, 12:37 AM
[QUOTE=haunter]Calm down...

They're doing that because if they released it to the public at the same time as they released it to VIP, VIP upgrades would be useless. I want my $25 worth of pre-releases, thank you.[/QUo
I GOTTQ GET IT

Wind_Master
08-29-2005, 08:04 AM
[QUOTE=haunter]Calm down...

They're doing that because if they released it to the public at the same time as they released it to VIP, VIP upgrades would be useless. I want my $25 worth of pre-releases, thank you.[/QUo
I GOTTQ GET IT

nice way 2 quote lol....and v4 is horrible and all it has is useless additions

haunter
08-29-2005, 08:54 AM
and v4 is horrible and all it has is useless additions

nice way 2 b ignorant lol....

-_-; Fool.

Spark910
08-29-2005, 10:21 AM
IM NOT SAYING IT'S UNFAIR IM JUST SAYING IF IT'S READY SO SOON WHY NOT JUST MAKE IT RELEASE FOR THE PUBLIC AND IF U'LL EXCUSE ME IM GUNNA GO CHECK THE COST FOR UPGRADING TO VIP!!!!!!TY VERY MUCH FOR BEING A SMART ASS HAUNTER!!!!
It's not ready, there are bugs being found that need fixing so that when released the wider community to not suffer them. And, in addition, things such as text updates for the website haven't been completed.

Bl0nkt
08-29-2005, 08:30 PM
nice way 2 quote lol....and v4 is horrible and all it has is useless additions
Do you happen to have V4?
Do you know the significance of V4?

Remember all those ideas you guys keep having about things not looking good or making huge additions where everyone complains "lol 2 lagy 4 me". With V4, that's a THING OF THE PAST.

I'm sure none of you know what computer languages are, but I'll say this anyway. V4 is programmed in C++ which enabled graal to be virtually 10x less laggy. V2 and V3 (I think V3) were programmed in Delphi, which was not powerful enough to support all of these things.

Thanks to V4, you will see playerworlds grow bigger and better. Of course, you wouldn't know that because Zone is your whole graal life.

haunter
08-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Thanks to V4, you will see playerworlds grow bigger and better. Of course, you wouldn't know that because Zone is your whole _____ life.

Based on what happened the last time the Graal Servers went down for a few hours I think it's safe to say that we can remove the word "graal" from that last sentence...

Wind_Master
08-30-2005, 12:08 AM
Based on what happened the last time the Graal Servers went down for a few hours I think it's safe to say that we can remove the word "graal" from that last sentence...

ya graal is really my whole life...i play it for like an hour a week but its really my whole life. Guys just cause u r nerds who spend their life on the computer doesnt mean i do

Bl0nkt
08-30-2005, 12:26 AM
Lmao @ Playing it an hour a week.

You're terrible at lieing. :[

Wind_Master
08-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Lmao @ Playing it an hour a week.

You're terrible at lieing. :[

ok...ask ne....ask them how long i played this week...go ahead do it.. its no more than 2 hr

neway u cant say "ppl say ur good so u must play alot" cause ace plays problly 4 30 min a week and hes still best

Bl0nkt
08-30-2005, 04:38 AM
I probably haven't played Zone in three weeks. Owned. :frown:

Wind_Master
08-30-2005, 08:35 AM
I probably haven't played Zone in three weeks. Owned. :frown:

how is that owned???? I havent played in 2 weeks,beside today which i played for 20 minutes. So dont say "owned" like a little kid.Now plz stop posting things on this thread that will shift the topic.

Huwajux
08-30-2005, 10:50 AM
how is that owned???? I havent played in 2 weeks,beside today which i played for 20 minutes. So dont say "owned" like a little kid.Now plz stop posting things on this thread that will shift the topic.
You don't have a right to call somebody a little kid seeing as you are doing exactly what they are doing and continuing to flame. So both of you stop and cease staining these threads.

Sildae
08-30-2005, 01:48 PM
V4 is programmed in C++ which enabled graal to be virtually 10x less laggy.

Because programming language makes up about 90% of any program's network latency (and, hell, even performance because I know you have no clue what lag is), and because Stefan totally ditched Delphi for v4.

Bl0nkt
08-30-2005, 10:15 PM
I hope you're being sarcastic. :[

Wind_Master
08-30-2005, 11:48 PM

You hope who is being sarcastic?

Bl0nkt
08-31-2005, 12:16 AM
You hope who is being sarcastic?
That guy said I know nothing about lag.

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 04:16 AM
That guy said I know nothing about lag.

rofl.....thiers 2 things wrong with that

1.ur a genious
2.every1 knows what lag is

haunter
08-31-2005, 05:32 AM
2.every1 knows what lag is

Explain to me the technicalities of lag.

Lance
08-31-2005, 05:50 AM

I shall help you out! The stuff inside the parentheses was Not Sarcasm. :)

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 06:23 AM
Explain to me the technicalities of lag.

Basically lag is a bug sorta that lags the game so ur guy moves slow/and or freezes.Thats what basic lag is. (im not saying every1 knows the technical stuff)

haunter
08-31-2005, 06:25 AM
Basically lag is a bug sorta that lags the game so ur guy moves slow/and or freezes.Thats what basic lag is. (im not saying every1 knows the technical stuff)

You just used the word "lag" to describe lag. You suck.

You said everybody knows what lag is... not what lag does. There's no such thing as basic lag, or complex lag... It's just lag.

You have no idea what lag is.

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 08:43 AM
You just used the word "lag" to describe lag. You suck.

You said everybody knows what lag is... not what lag does. There's no such thing as basic lag, or complex lag... It's just lag.

You have no idea what lag is.

Lag= Sumthing that slows your character. Their ya happy now???

Huwajux
08-31-2005, 01:33 PM
Lemme have a go. Lag is an interruption inbetween the connetion of the network system you are playing from to your home computer. This interruption stalls the connection for a certain time period. Thus causing lag. This "lag" is usually on online games, such as Graal, so when lag happens someone walks past you then lag attacks and that person is gone. Overall, lag is a basic connection interruption which leaves you immobile for a period of time.

anubis_wing
08-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Lemme have a go. Lag is an interruption inbetween the connetion of the network system you are playing from to your home computer. This interruption stalls the connection for a certain time period. Thus causing lag. This "lag" is usually on online games, such as Graal, so when lag happens someone walks past you then lag attacks and that person is gone. Overall, lag is a basic connection interruption which leaves you immobile for a period of time.
Freaky. Did you get that from like a dictionary or sumtin?

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 03:46 PM

wow....ummm ya what he said

Huwajux
08-31-2005, 08:31 PM
No. Why?

anubis_wing
08-31-2005, 09:41 PM
No. Why?
Because it's an insanly tripped out definition dude!

Sildae
08-31-2005, 10:04 PM
That would be a pretty dumb dictionary.

Wind_Master
08-31-2005, 11:53 PM
That would be a pretty dumb dictionary.

Nah.What darksoul said is exactly what lag is.

Skyld
09-01-2005, 12:07 AM
No, it's not. Lag in terms of the Internet is normally a high latency in packet delivery. Similar symptoms also occur if packets are frequently lost, which can happen with the UDP protocol, despite it being 'faster'.

Bl0nkt
09-01-2005, 12:32 AM
I understand that much. I just don't understand could make packets just... float off. :[

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 01:19 AM
No, it's not. Lag in terms of the Internet is normally a high latency in packet delivery. Similar symptoms also occur if packets are frequently lost, which can happen with the UDP protocol, despite it being 'faster'.
I trust that definition.
Lag is just another technical term that has lost it's meaning among gamers through overusage. The Game freezes? "ZOMG LAG!" When it could actually be your processor having to much to, well, process at one time. That will essentially crash your computer.
And, from what I understand, "Latency" has something to do with connection between the client PC and the server. (High latency=Bad, Low latecy is good)
The quoted definition is the actual definition.
EDIT:And could a virus/program glitch make packets be lost?

anubis_wing
09-01-2005, 01:23 AM
DAMMIT IM CHEKIN THE DEFINITION UP 1 SEC.................................
2 hours later
Ok here's the dictionary meaning *ahem*
hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
imprison: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
slowdown: the act of slowing down or falling behind
interim: the time between one event, process, or period and another
throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
stave: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
cover with lagging to prevent heat loss; "lag pipes"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Lag often refers to delays experienced in computing communications, however it may also apply to written or other forms of communication.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

The amount of time between making an online request or command and receiving a response. Until lag time becomes no time at all the internet will not be consumer-friendly, and its profit potential will remain limited.
www.lazworld.com/glossary.htm

A time delay between the output of a signal and the response of the instrument to which the signal is sent. (2) A time relationship between two waveforms where a fixed reference point on one wave occurs after the same point of the reference wave.
www.weedinstrument.com/info_central/l.html

an imaging study that can detect cancer cells or abnormalities in the lymphatic system and structures. It involves a dye being injected to the lymph system.
montekids.org/healthlibrary/peds/oncology/glossary.htm

The measure of the time between the center of mass of precipitation to the center of mass of runoff (on the hydrograph). Basin lag is a function of not only basin characteristics, but also of storm intensity and movement. Some hydrologic texts define lag from the center of mass of rainfall to the hydrograph peak. lag (time)
www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/resources/glossary/l.html

Lowest Adjacent Grade (to a structure)
www.fema.gov/fhm/fq_term.shtm

the horizontal distance between two geographic data points. Used to create a semi-variogram.
www.bae.uky.edu/~precag/PrecisionAg/PAterms.htm

the time delay between the start or finish of an activity and the start or finish of its successor(s).
www.palmtoppaper.com/ptphtml/30/pt300048.htm

Crosspieces used to connect the ribs in centering.
pghbridges.com/termsBrg.htm

The number of data points that a filer, such as a moving average, follows or trails the input price data.
www.trade10.com/Options_glossary.html

a user-specified distance class within which semivariance is computed for a set of data points.
www.forestry.umt.edu/academics/courses/for503/stats_glossary.htm

coarse gravel material remaining behind when finer material has been eroded away
www.newmont.com/en/gold/glossary/index.asp

Delay in response.
www.100megsfree4.com/dictionary/car-dicl.htm

An interval of time before additional flow enters the system.
dnr.metrokc.gov/wtd/cso/glossary.htm

In continuous nuclear logging techniques, radioactivity measurements are made over a period of time in order to average statistical variations. During the statistical averaging period (time constant), the detector is continually moved while surveying. The distance the detector moves during one time constant is commonly called the amount of lag. See dynamic measure point.
www.spwla.org/library_info/glossary/reference/glossl/glossl.htm

1. That part of the difference between the output of an instrument and its input that is due to the failure of the instrument to respond instantaneously to variations of the input signal. It is a function of the instrument's time constant. See time lag. 2. A time displacement of a time series. See autocorrelation. 3. See delay.
amsglossary.allenpress.com/glossary/browse

A coarse-grained residue left behind after finer particles have been transported away, due to the inability of the transporting medium to move the coarser particles.
www.ozestuaries.org/oracle/ozestuaries/conceptual_mods/cm_glossary.htm

As used in the play of marble games, specific to the game of Ringer (see) the means used to determine which player goes first.
akronmarbles.com/glossary_of_marble_related_terms.htm

the momentary time of contact of the printing screen to the substrate immediately after the printing stroke.
www.sgia.org/glossary/Ll.cfm

(also "lag putt, approach putt") a putt that is intended to stop close to the hole but not presumed to be holed Example: I was just lagging the putt, actually; I never thought it would go in.
www.pgaprofessional.com/glossary/l.html

phase The stage of growth of microbial cells in which nucleic acids and proteins are synthesized, but in which there is no cell division.
www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/science/biological_sciences/lab14/biolab14_gloss.html

Lag is a term indicating the latency of a connection, mainly to the bad. More lag indicates a longer time for your game to communicate with the game server, and thus a higher amount of lag indicates slower responses.
www.thehaus.net/dict.shtml

Lag distance is a distance (h) within which any two samples (a pair) is taken for variogram calculation. Lag tolerance ( ) is assigned to the lag for setting a search interval for pairs: . So the pairs are searched within h distance. Often, default lag tolerance is set to half lag distance ( =h/2). See 7.1 Variogram calculation parameters.
www.ibrae.ac.ru/~mkanev/eng/gsoffice/HELP/Glossary.html

Retention that occurs in a video image when rapid motion of the camera or viewed object leaves a trail.
www.cameras-cctv.com/glossary/h-o/

a veneer or pavement of fragments of diverse origins or composition on the land surface. Commonly applied to highly ferruginous concretions (in S. Aust. also applied to silcrete gibber). Fragments may be faceted, rounded and/or varnished.
www.pir.sa.gov.au/pages/minerals/resources/regolith/glossary.htm:sectID=824&tempID=7

The usual delay between the actual time a service is rendered or an item is supplied and the time it is paid for and recorded. Lag includes both claims that have not yet been submitted and claims that have been submitted but not yet paid. Lag is the result of administrative efficiency of the provider, the employer (if employer involvement is required in supplying claim forms or verifying eligibility), the employee, and the claim administrator. Human procrastination is a major factor in lag.
www.allianceu.com/glossary.htm

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 04:04 AM
DAMMIT IM CHEKIN THE DEFINITION UP 1 SEC.................................
2 hours later
Ok here's the dictionary meaning *ahem*
hang (back) or fall (behind) in movement, progress, development, etc.
imprison: lock up or confine, in or as in a jail; "The suspects were imprisoned without trial"; "the murderer was incarcerated for the rest of his life"
slowdown: the act of slowing down or falling behind
interim: the time between one event, process, or period and another
throw or pitch at a mark, as with coins
stave: one of several thin slats of wood forming the sides of a barrel or bucket
cover with lagging to prevent heat loss; "lag pipes"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Lag often refers to delays experienced in computing communications, however it may also apply to written or other forms of communication.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag

The amount of time between making an online request or command and receiving a response. Until lag time becomes no time at all the internet will not be consumer-friendly, and its profit potential will remain limited.
www.lazworld.com/glossary.htm

A time delay between the output of a signal and the response of the instrument to which the signal is sent. (2) A time relationship between two waveforms where a fixed reference point on one wave occurs after the same point of the reference wave.
www.weedinstrument.com/info_central/l.html

an imaging study that can detect cancer cells or abnormalities in the lymphatic system and structures. It involves a dye being injected to the lymph system.
montekids.org/healthlibrary/peds/oncology/glossary.htm

The measure of the time between the center of mass of precipitation to the center of mass of runoff (on the hydrograph). Basin lag is a function of not only basin characteristics, but also of storm intensity and movement. Some hydrologic texts define lag from the center of mass of rainfall to the hydrograph peak. lag (time)
www.srh.noaa.gov/wgrfc/resources/glossary/l.html

Lowest Adjacent Grade (to a structure)
www.fema.gov/fhm/fq_term.shtm

the horizontal distance between two geographic data points. Used to create a semi-variogram.
www.bae.uky.edu/~precag/PrecisionAg/PAterms.htm

the time delay between the start or finish of an activity and the start or finish of its successor(s).
www.palmtoppaper.com/ptphtml/30/pt300048.htm

Crosspieces used to connect the ribs in centering.
pghbridges.com/termsBrg.htm

The number of data points that a filer, such as a moving average, follows or trails the input price data.
www.trade10.com/Options_glossary.html

a user-specified distance class within which semivariance is computed for a set of data points.
www.forestry.umt.edu/academics/courses/for503/stats_glossary.htm

coarse gravel material remaining behind when finer material has been eroded away
www.newmont.com/en/gold/glossary/index.asp

Delay in response.
www.100megsfree4.com/dictionary/car-dicl.htm

An interval of time before additional flow enters the system.
dnr.metrokc.gov/wtd/cso/glossary.htm

In continuous nuclear logging techniques, radioactivity measurements are made over a period of time in order to average statistical variations. During the statistical averaging period (time constant), the detector is continually moved while surveying. The distance the detector moves during one time constant is commonly called the amount of lag. See dynamic measure point.
www.spwla.org/library_info/glossary/reference/glossl/glossl.htm

1. That part of the difference between the output of an instrument and its input that is due to the failure of the instrument to respond instantaneously to variations of the input signal. It is a function of the instrument's time constant. See time lag. 2. A time displacement of a time series. See autocorrelation. 3. See delay.
amsglossary.allenpress.com/glossary/browse

A coarse-grained residue left behind after finer particles have been transported away, due to the inability of the transporting medium to move the coarser particles.
www.ozestuaries.org/oracle/ozestuaries/conceptual_mods/cm_glossary.htm

As used in the play of marble games, specific to the game of Ringer (see) the means used to determine which player goes first.
akronmarbles.com/glossary_of_marble_related_terms.htm

the momentary time of contact of the printing screen to the substrate immediately after the printing stroke.
www.sgia.org/glossary/Ll.cfm

(also "lag putt, approach putt") a putt that is intended to stop close to the hole but not presumed to be holed Example: I was just lagging the putt, actually; I never thought it would go in.
www.pgaprofessional.com/glossary/l.html

phase The stage of growth of microbial cells in which nucleic acids and proteins are synthesized, but in which there is no cell division.
www.umanitoba.ca/faculties/science/biological_sciences/lab14/biolab14_gloss.html

Lag is a term indicating the latency of a connection, mainly to the bad. More lag indicates a longer time for your game to communicate with the game server, and thus a higher amount of lag indicates slower responses.
www.thehaus.net/dict.shtml

Lag distance is a distance (h) within which any two samples (a pair) is taken for variogram calculation. Lag tolerance ( ) is assigned to the lag for setting a search interval for pairs: . So the pairs are searched within h distance. Often, default lag tolerance is set to half lag distance ( =h/2). See 7.1 Variogram calculation parameters.
www.ibrae.ac.ru/~mkanev/eng/gsoffice/HELP/Glossary.html

Retention that occurs in a video image when rapid motion of the camera or viewed object leaves a trail.
www.cameras-cctv.com/glossary/h-o/

a veneer or pavement of fragments of diverse origins or composition on the land surface. Commonly applied to highly ferruginous concretions (in S. Aust. also applied to silcrete gibber). Fragments may be faceted, rounded and/or varnished.
www.pir.sa.gov.au/pages/minerals/resources/regolith/glossary.htm:sectID=824&tempID=7

The usual delay between the actual time a service is rendered or an item is supplied and the time it is paid for and recorded. Lag includes both claims that have not yet been submitted and claims that have been submitted but not yet paid. Lag is the result of administrative efficiency of the provider, the employer (if employer involvement is required in supplying claim forms or verifying eligibility), the employee, and the claim administrator. Human procrastination is a major factor in lag.
www.allianceu.com/glossary.htm

In simple.Lag is a "bug sorta" that slows your player and your connection

Bl0nkt
09-01-2005, 04:27 AM
Lag is not a bug.

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 05:51 AM
Lag is not a bug.

all i know is that it slows ur player and your connection down

Bl0nkt
09-01-2005, 05:57 AM
Doesn't really slow your connection down either...

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 06:39 AM
Doesn't really slow your connection down either...

it slows the damn player down.....

Lance
09-01-2005, 07:13 AM
it slows the damn player down.....

Please learn the difference between network lag and client lag. The former does not slow your player down, but (more accurately) slows other people down on your screen. The latter is your own computer drawing graphics slowly (or processing things slowly).

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Please learn the difference between network lag and client lag. The former does not slow your player down, but (more accurately) slows other people down on your screen. The latter is your own computer drawing graphics slowly (or processing things slowly).
Question: Since Cable companies give an area an amount of bandwith to share amongst its users, would the exceeding of that bandwith, making your computer slower than hell, be client or server lag?

Lance
09-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Question: Since Cable companies give an area an amount of bandwith to share amongst its users, would the exceeding of that bandwith, making your computer slower than hell, be client or server lag?

What do you mean by "the exceeding of that bandwidth"?

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
I mean when your computer starts slowing down during peek hours of Internet usage.
That is what happens when your computer "Exceeds the bandwith provided to cable users in the area"
I'm not going to go look up bandwith, but I'm pretty sure it is the ammount of traffic that the Cable Company allows its users to have on their own/other websites.
Ex: Computer i fastest at 3:00 A.M., slowest at 3:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.

Huwajux
09-01-2005, 01:02 PM
all i know is that it slows ur player and your connection down
Stop quoting things so big. x_x

Lance
09-01-2005, 05:55 PM
I mean when your computer starts slowing down during peek hours of Internet usage.
That is what happens when your computer "Exceeds the bandwith provided to cable users in the area"
I'm not going to go look up bandwith, but I'm pretty sure it is the ammount of traffic that the Cable Company allows its users to have on their own/other websites.
Ex: Computer i fastest at 3:00 A.M., slowest at 3:00 P.M.-8:00 P.M.

Peak hours reduce the available bandwidth on such shared connections, yeah. There isn't really any exceeding going on, and this shouldn't slow your computer down at all but only slightly reduce your maximum download/upload speed. After all, this is a network thing, not a client thing.

someonesomewhere
09-01-2005, 07:18 PM
The problem is that the cable company (Cox) has a monopoly in my area, granted a Goverment-Controlled monopoly, and their motto is, "Why do more than we have to?"
Blah
That's a nice way to shorten it.

Wind_Master
09-01-2005, 09:34 PM

Lets pretend none of this happened ;)