PDA

View Full Version : Knighthood System

Raziel
12-08-2004, 06:37 PM
I've taken the liberty of coming up with a system for knights based on pretty much how it really was, of course with some stuff left out. If accepted, can someone sticky this please?

The Page
The earliest stage of a knight was a page, who would live under the care of women, learning to ride ponies and care for horses, but let's skip this, yes? We don't have a Page rank anyway.

The Squire
Every Knight takes a Squire, who acts chiefly as a servant to his Knight (performing small tasks such as delivering a letter or whatnot) . In exchange, the Knight provides the Squire with valuable training. The Squire also rides into battle alongside his master, the Knight. In the meantime, he is taught everything he needs to know about Knighthood and the Holy Code of Chivalry, wich all Knights live by.

Becoming a Knight
Eventually, when the Squire is considered ready, he is Knighted.
To be ready: the Knight to be must know the Code of Chivalry by heart, be adept in battle (be in Bmode, possibly), and must have the satisfaction of the Knight who has taken him under his wing (and this should be documented somehow).

The Knighting Ceremony
A ceremony is held in Dustari Castle. A King or Queen swears the Knight to be in, and says the following words to the Knight, while tapping him on the shoulder with a sword (Maybe we can find a way to do this lol): 'I dub you Knight.'
And henceforth, the Squire is a Knight, who must follow the strict code of chivalry, which all Knights must swear by.

On a more rare occasion, Squires may be Knighted on the battlefield by another Knight for great bravery (must have the consent of a higher authority for this).

The Knight
A knight must take his own Squire to train in the ways of Knighthood. He must teach his Squire to follow the Holy Code of Chivalry, while continuing to follow it himself. (Although the Squire acts as a servant to the Knight, abuse of any kind should be grounds for demotion or removal from Knighthood).

Each Knight is entitled to service by his own Squire and not those of any other Knights.

If there are any suggestions, I'm open to constructive criticism.

xAndrewx
12-08-2004, 06:44 PM
I really like this idea, =D

Crono
12-08-2004, 06:54 PM
i like it :D

GoZelda
12-08-2004, 07:25 PM
Very good.

Raziel
12-08-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh, and also, anyone interested in becoming a Knight should pick up a book on the Holy Code of Chivalry from me, Cavalier Raziel Tenjin.

Discharge
12-13-2004, 01:33 AM
In addition, it would be proper if we address our Knights as Sir -name- for good role-playing.

Raziel
12-16-2004, 05:52 AM
Can somebody sticky this please?

Zurkiba
12-16-2004, 02:16 PM
The Knight ceromony should only be performed by a woman of nobility in the kingdom. They were the ones who made the Knights.

Raziel
12-17-2004, 02:20 AM
The Knight ceromony should only be performed by a woman of nobility in the kingdom. They were the ones who made the Knights.

Nope, you're thinking of recently because there have only been female monarchs, but in old times it was any king, queen or lord who knighted them.

Zurkiba
12-17-2004, 02:31 AM
Nope, you're thinking of recently because there have only been female monarchs, but in old times it was any king, queen or lord who knighted them.
Incorrect...

Knights were not of the federal level. When a person was Knighted they reported to their local manor or Keep, where ever the local government was based, and any lady of nobility would knight a person.

Raziel
12-17-2004, 02:40 AM
Incorrect...

Knights were not of the federal level. When a person was Knighted they reported to their local manor or Keep, where ever the local government was based, and any lady of nobility would knight a person.

Yes, knights were knighted by their Master or King, because there were feudal lords to whom knights "belonged."

Zurkiba
12-17-2004, 02:47 AM
Yes, knights were knighted by their Master or King, because there were feudal lords to whom knights "belonged."
Yes, the feudal lords controlled the military and thereby had their own armies. The Knights were under their masters and such.

But when they were actually knighted, the ceremony was performed by a Lady.

Discharge
07-01-2005, 02:36 AM
If anybody needs info on "The Code" just drop me an e-mail at [email protected] cause I have retired. Ciao!

Draenin
07-10-2005, 09:00 AM
I like the idea. And I also like the idea of adressing someone as 'sir whatever.' Although it would look stupid if the sir part were put into the person's actual name.