PDA

View Full Version : Hiring one artist.

Raelyn
12-07-2004, 11:18 AM
I've gotten to the point where there is so much revamping being done, I cannot handle the load of graphics myself. I am not hiring alot of staff, and I am not hiring people to sit on RC and bull****, so if you want to sit on RC and chat or ask if your friend's friend's friend can work here, this is not for you.

That said, here are the facts;

The world is isometric, and alot of things will require 8-directional sprites.

Alot of freedom in the style of graphics, but I would prefer for a realistic look, while still maintaining graal's anime sort of style. No fat chubby bodies, no heads larger than torsos, no fingerless balls of flesh for hands.

Alot of creatures/players may be bigger or smaller, so there won't always be a set standard for sprites.

If you are interested, contact me here;

AIM: frolicgfx
Email: [email protected]

Please do not apply via this post, it's for information and Q&A.

xAndrewx
12-07-2004, 12:03 PM
another isometric server?! screenys plz :d

Raelyn
12-07-2004, 01:00 PM
another isometric server?! screenys plz :d

Another? How many have you seen? :o

xAndrewx
12-07-2004, 05:25 PM
So far I've seen one.. I don't know if it's still in production though.. The movement system kicked ass :cool:

zokemon
12-07-2004, 07:25 PM
...?
I highly doubt it was that good.

Raelyn
12-08-2004, 04:53 AM
So far I've seen one.. I don't know if it's still in production though.. The movement system kicked ass :cool:

Uhm, refer to an older post by me, "Hiring one scripter, info inside." for screenshots.

Raelyn
12-14-2004, 10:52 PM
I'm so thrilled to see all the isometric artists popping out of the woodworks.

Seriously, not a single person applied, but yeesh, when I was looking for a scripter I had people banging on my virtual door for a week after I had already chosen one.

TonyRivers
12-15-2004, 01:13 AM
Well good artists are few and far between if you are looking for someone who is going to make 8 directional isometric sprites for you, you may as well look somewhere else graal artists have become more and more lax towards the work load they except over trhe years and now there is an ever increasing factor of laziness plus now the popular thing to do nowadays is to abuse tools because most graal artists don't know how to shade anymore.

Where have all the real pixel artists gone? Dusty,Kinatt, Deek to name a few.. well anyone with any work ethic has probably found another outlet for thier artistic nature where they are more accepted. Seirously hard work just isnt valued around here anymore its pretty sad because the talent we have had in graal over the years was pretty outstanding but none of these artists never reached their full capacity. For me I don't work with graal near as much as I used to because I have found that my gifts in art are actually valued alot better drawing cartoons that sell for $100.00 each. Also time is money and why spend my time in a place where I am not noticed?

ThinkDifferent
12-15-2004, 03:55 AM
Feel free to quote me:

"If you have talent, why stick with Graal?"

Raelyn
12-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Feel free to quote me:

"If you have talent, why stick with Graal?"

Valid point, but I can counter it by saying I'd be banned from the forums if I gave any real info here. :) Something about not mentioning other projects similar in any way to graal, who of course, undoubtedly invented the MMORPG and remains to be the only one in existance. :whatever: