PDA

View Full Version : My Services

oinknessx
12-04-2004, 04:20 AM
Many of you may remember me. I worked on playerworlds like Tribulation, Gileada, and Maloria, I guess that was a pretty long time ago.

Anyway, I have returned to the Graal scene to help work on a select classic server. Hopefully a big name server. Since I am just now returning, I am unaware of which servers are worthwhile and which are not, so I am going to leave that to the owners or admins who think their playerworld is "all that".

At the moment I do not have any graphic or level samples, and I actually don't have PSP7 anymore, just paint... :frown: But what I do have is Music samples. I have been focusing most of my time lately composing and playing music. It was Graal that started me with my music "career" (Tribulation to be more justifiably precise) So anyway, here is a link to some samples and a short description.

Unforgiving Sun (http://www.cobweb.net/~dstrader/oink/unforgiving_sun.mp3) - My most recent song. Maybe a couple weeks old... Probably my second favorite genre, closely followed by orchestral. :) This is a full song.

Heavenly Vision (http://www.cobweb.net/~dstrader/oink/heavenly_vision.mp3) - One of the songs made in the last 6 or 7 months or so. This is just a minute clip.

Battle (http://www.cobweb.net/~dstrader/oink/battle.mp3) - One of the first songs I made... Still one of my favorite genre's to work with. :) This is just a minute clip.

The music that started on graal returns to graal!
But remember... I'm only trying to work on worthwhile
projects, which means projects that will have a good future.

So yatta yatta, if you like the songs and you just happen to be
involved with a quality playerworld, give me a hollar. I will also work
on levels and perhaps later on, graphics.. If I ever get PSP7 back.

Unfortunately I am limited to 2 or 3 hours a night.

Oinkness
Brandon Strader

P.S. I am going to try to be less maniacle... ;)

HoudiniMan
12-04-2004, 04:38 AM
Welcome back, there's now a forum for staff openings :)

oinknessx
12-04-2004, 04:47 AM
Welcome back, there's now a forum for staff openings :)
Thanks! I was going to reply and say... I just noticed that forum AFTER I posted and I couldn't really do anything after that, so I was going to copy it and paste it into the other forum but I kept getting these messages that said I didn't have rights to do that stuff, and I didn't have rights to reply or anything...

I found out it was because I changed my email in my account settings, so then I had to active it... There could have been a popup saying that though, cause I was utterly clueless for a second there. I guess I HAVE been away too long.

So, do you think someone could perhaps move this thread to the new Staffy
forum please? Thanks, and sorry for the inconvenience. :p

Slash-P2P
12-04-2004, 05:32 AM
You seem to be pretty confident your a great worker. Good luck.

Doahh_p2p
12-04-2004, 05:34 AM
If you are an oldbie you can probally make the quality of levels i want XD

I could really use your service if you need me Forum PM me.

PS: The server is Galho da Rocha

Mykel
12-04-2004, 08:25 AM
Heavenly Vision is a very good song. Nice work.

GoZelda
12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
What program did you use to make those songs?

zokemon
12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
Welcome back my friend :)

Many of you may remember me. I worked on playerworlds like Tribulation, Gileada, and Maloria, I guess that was a pretty long time ago.

You seem to be pretty confident your a great worker. Good luck.

*cough*

oinknessx
12-04-2004, 10:52 PM
Welcome back my friend :) *cough*

Yeah, Tribulation and Gileada were going to be blockbusters, that is if they would have survived long enough, but they didn't. :( Tribulation was a great playerworld, with an original tileset made by Soul-Blade and a lot of original scripts - that are still original, wether or not they still exist. :) Ironicly, I made the overworlds for both Gil and Tribulation, R.I.P.

So anyway, I have agreed to work music on 2178, some kind of space-3D world thingy with space ships and stuff. Wooo. I like space music. I really enjoy Star One - Space Metal. Uh, so yeah.

I might work on something with zokemon, but at the moment I don't think there is anything all that interesting, and also he doesn't own a playerworld anymore. *slaps*

So I still have a level opening. Keep in mind though, I am not going to work on a poor quality or under-developed playerworld... It has to be one that will have a future, make it into the classic tab perhaps someday. I'm not saying it has to be an uber-GK playerworld, just one that has good workers and stuff I guess, one that is ABLE to complete the job greatly. :)

Slash-P2P
12-05-2004, 01:21 AM
*cough*

Take a cough drop, cause I haven't seen anything from Gileada other than what you made and showed me.

Crono
12-05-2004, 01:30 AM
thats the problem with guitars in these songs, they dont sound good.

oinknessx
12-05-2004, 01:41 AM
I was actually trying a new guitar soundfont.... Distortion is hard to do without actually playing a real guitar... So unfortunately, that is just about as good as it gets. I have been trying to figure out how to enhance it through mastering, I'll let you know.

zokemon
12-08-2004, 06:35 AM
Take a cough drop, cause I haven't seen anything from Gileada other than what you made and showed me.

I only showed you scripts that I had made once everyone had left the server because it ran out of time...
All the graphics and things from before are still on my computer ;)

Nitkizi
12-08-2004, 09:30 PM
The songs are pretty decent for an amatuer, they are just missing that one thing that makes you want to hum along with it..I can't put my finger on it, keep working with it though, nice work.

oinknessx
12-08-2004, 09:37 PM
The songs are pretty decent for an amatuer, they are just missing that one thing that makes you want to hum along with it..I can't put my finger on it, keep working with it though, nice work.

Well, the production is a bit dodgey, it's very hard to produce them correctly, I have tryed several times and I am still trying, and I am asking professionals for help.... I think I will have it pretty soon though.

Also I would like to say I am not trying for positions on anymore playerworlds, I will state my positions here so you know..

Currently Working At: 2178 - Composing Music
Currently Working At: Mushia - Composing Music
Currently Working At: Unnamed - Doing graphics, music, etc... aka, "Stuff"

Darlene159
12-08-2004, 09:57 PM
I only showed you scripts that I had made once everyone had left the server because it ran out of time...
All the graphics and things from before are still on my computer ;)Gil was gonna be an awesome PW, it was the only PW besides NP at the time that I had given levels to =(
Sorry to hear that it isnt up anymore. (Was private, but atleast it was up)

Oh yea...GL Oinkness, nice to see you helping PW's
^^

zokemon
12-09-2004, 02:03 AM
Well, the production is a bit dodgey, it's very hard to produce them correctly, I have tryed several times and I am still trying, and I am asking professionals for help.... I think I will have it pretty soon though.

Also I would like to say I am not trying for positions on anymore playerworlds, I will state my positions here so you know..

Currently Working At: 2178 - Composing Music
Currently Working At: Mushia - Composing Music
Currently Working At: Unnamed - Doing graphics, music, etc... aka, "Stuff"

Glad to see that you selected Mushia and "Unnamed" as you obviously made good choices. I don't know about 2178 but I hope it turns out good. Look forward to working with you again ;)

Gil was gonna be an awesome PW, it was the only PW besides NP at the time that I had given levels to =(
Sorry to hear that it isnt up anymore. (Was private, but atleast it was up)

Oh yea...GL Oinkness, nice to see you helping PW's
^^

Who knows...
It might just come back...

Darlene159
12-09-2004, 02:24 AM
Who knows...
It might just come back...I hope so
^^

LordZen
12-09-2004, 08:22 AM
I still am blown away by Jammer's work, if anybody remembers him. Though, he made midis, not mp3s.

zokemon
12-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I hope so
^^

Unfortunatly, you and Oink are one of the only people that are expressing intrest in having it back online. :frown:

oinknessx
12-09-2004, 11:15 PM

If any playerworld deserves to come back, that playerworld would be Gileada. It was the "shissle" as these hippity hop folks will say. All I ever wanted to do with graal was work for people and be recognized. That might be possible now. I've been working a lot to better myself lately :D

zokemon
12-10-2004, 02:57 AM

If any playerworld deserves to come back, that playerworld would be Gileada. It was the "shissle" as these hippity hop folks will say. All I ever wanted to do with graal was work for people and be recognized. That might be possible now. I've been working a lot to better myself lately :D

I really don't see a point in managing a server for graal anymore espcially when idiots like Kai and Falco exist solely to bring others down because they have nothing better to do with thier lives. Graal needs better people.

oinknessx
12-10-2004, 04:38 AM
Well yeah, there are a lot of rude and destructive people, but that isn't graal as a whole. I'm sure if certain people weren't on Graal anymore, a lot of players would probably still be here. Somewhere in the last couple years, graal has lost it's flair, but it is our job to make it good again.

Pep talk. :)

zokemon
12-10-2004, 05:11 AM
Pep talk. :)

*sigh*

The_Blue_Cracka
12-20-2004, 02:41 AM
Wow...

What program do you use to do all this? It's amazing!

protagonist
12-20-2004, 03:22 AM
Yeah, tell us the program so we can pirate it. [/sarcasm]

Tell us the program so we can buy it. [/sarcasm]

oinknessx
12-20-2004, 03:29 AM
Yeah, tell us the program so we can pirate it. [/sarcasm]

Tell us the program so we can buy it. [/sarcasm]
Haha very funny. You can download the demo at http://www.fruityloops.com/ ....... It just came out. You can buy it for $399 or get the demo and pirate it with a crack. [/sarcasm]

protagonist
12-20-2004, 04:42 AM
Haha very funny. You can download the demo at http://www.fruityloops.com/ ....... It just came out. You can buy it for $399 or get the demo and pirate it with a crack. [/sarcasm]

I have a legitimate version of it already. [/sarcasm]

It's pretty old though. Can I contact you on AIM?

Maybe I'll find a way to buy it. [/sarcasm]

Kaimetsu
12-20-2004, 05:39 AM
espcially when idiots like Kai and Falco exist solely to bring others down

"LOL ONLY IDIOTS INSULT PEOPLE SO THEY ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY INSULT PEOPLE"

Just think about it for a moment.

LogicBot
12-20-2004, 06:04 AM
zz you got fired from DD a lot. All I know. ^^

oinknessx
12-20-2004, 07:24 AM
"LOL ONLY IDIOTS INSULT PEOPLE SO THEY ARE IDIOTS BECAUSE THEY INSULT PEOPLE"

Just think about it for a moment.
I thought about it. You just said you were an idiot for insulting people. :o

zz you got fired from DD a lotYeah, but working under "tifa"... you get where im going with this.

protagonist
12-20-2004, 08:34 PM
With the guitar, you have to screw with the reverb to try and make it sound right, also I found that if you layered it with different reverbs it would produce interesting effects.

Kaimetsu
12-20-2004, 08:56 PM
I thought about it. You just said you were an idiot for insulting people. :o

A few more moments, please.