PDA

View Full Version : Glitches/annoyances i've noticed

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 07:28 PM
yo Graal is a nice game but there are a few glitches i don't know if anyone have reported them already but here they are.

1. Sometimes it happens, when you walk in a level you get placed in a weird dX/Y position than you normally should be placed.

2. People have invisible names by saying "setnick ()"
what will make the Game think that everything between () is a guild and ofcourse that doesn't exist, but it auto sets the characters in front of it as the nickname but there aren't so invisible name.

(3.) Before P2P you could get money/darts/bombs by destroying bushes, ofcourse this makes the money(gralats) you can get unreal (millions/billions) and it would make the game a tad easier.
But some playerworlds have no jobs to earn money with so it's kinda hard to earn money.
Like UN you need like 10 gralats to buy 10 darts/bombs. Cheap... it is but it takes a long time before you actually have 10 gralats.
I'm not against the idea to make Graal look a little like real life, but it's uhm... annoying XD.
And because it is, it is probably the reason people make money hacks.

I also think invisible heads and bodies should be deleted because if you combine them with "2" of my statements
you would be almost 100 % invisible.

osrs
11-29-2004, 07:38 PM
1. Sometimes it happens, when you walk in a level you get placed in a weir X/Y position than you normally should be.

That have never happened with me.

2. people have invisible names by saying "setnick ()"

Your nickname will be set to "unknown", as far as I know.

(3.) Before P2P you could get money/darts/bombs by destroying bushes, ofcourse this makes the money you can get unreal and the game would be easier, but the way it is now is only good for playerworlds without actual jobs like UN (or does it have jobs? i didn't notice them actually) you need like 10 gralats to buy 10 darts or bombs and in the time you have that money, you already have been playing for 5-10 days or so, it's kinda annoying... and no i'm not against the idea of making Graal look like real life a little, but this is kinda hard to get money, and i also think that is the reason that people invent money hacks to drop money around, like they've did a few times in the last few days @ UN.

I remember playing a playerworld some days ago and I could get some money by destroying bushes, I think it was Classic, not sure. It can be edited by the Manager and I don't consider it a "bug" anyway.

and a side-note: i also think invisible heads and bodies should be deleted because if you combine them with "2" your like completely invisible.
And they are not even using hacks for that :S

Not really a big problem in my humble opinion, people use these kind of clothes for fun, not for hack.

xAndrewx
11-29-2004, 07:38 PM
Hmm, All of this can simply be edited by rc :[
Complain to the admin of the server if you see a problem.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 07:49 PM
That have never happened with me.
This happened since i played Graal, and sometimes it still happens, it is weird and annoying because "some" people think you use hacks.

Your nickname will be set to "unknown", as far as I know.
I've seen some people using that and they weren't named as unknown after it =/.

I remember playing a playerworld some days ago and I could get some money by destroying bushes, I think it was Classic, not sure. It can be edited by the Manager and I don't consider it a "bug" anyway.
I don't think it is really a bug too but without jobs, how are you supposed to get money? O_O

Not really a big problem in my humble opinion, people use these kind of clothes for fun, not for hack.
might be fun for some people, but not for the people being attacked ;)

Skyld
11-29-2004, 07:53 PM
This happened since i played Graal, and sometimes it still happens, it is weird and annoying because "some" people think you use hacks.
It is most likely, a bad link on a server. Or your Graal client is bad.

I don't think it is really a bug too but without jobs, how are you supposed to get money? O_O
That is up to the Server Admins to decide.

might be fun for some people, but not for the people being attacked
Its only a game, remember?

haro41
11-29-2004, 07:58 PM
its probably because they use a big map or gmap, then they have links too. i dont know why level gen puts links in levels on a gmap if they arent required.

calum
11-29-2004, 07:59 PM
Has anyone noticed an vast increase of noobs on the forums recently?

GoZelda
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
Has anyone noticed an vast increase of noobs on the forums recently?
It only seems so because a lot of people that are somewhat intelligent have left.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 08:01 PM
It is most likely, a bad link on a server. Or your Graal client is bad.

That is up to the Server Admins to decide.

Its only a game, remember?

my client isn't bad, that would mean alot of people have a bad client :S
since it seems to happen to alot more people <_<

and sure i know it's a game, but you do have to remember even if it's a game it's not fair to have such advantages.

Skyld
11-29-2004, 08:16 PM
and sure i know it's a game, but you do have to remember even if it's a game it's not fair to have such advantages.
Its not an advantage at all. You can turn yourself invisible, too. The methods aren't exactly secret.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 08:52 PM
Its not an advantage at all. You can turn yourself invisible, too. The methods aren't exactly secret.
>_< it is, because almost everybody use VIEWABLE bodies and heads <_<

Skyld
11-29-2004, 08:57 PM
>_< it is, because almost everybody use VIEWABLE bodies and heads <_<
Ah, but you don't have to. You have equal ability to take advantage of this, so it is not an advantage over you.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 09:10 PM
Ah, but you don't have to. You have equal ability to take advantage of this, so it is not an advantage over you.

sigh now i remember why i hate americans :p

Skyld
11-29-2004, 09:33 PM
sigh now i remember why i hate americans :p
That's great and all, but I'm British.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 09:39 PM
That's great and all, but I'm British. :P
sigh... british too :P

still don't u think it would be nicer if there weren't invisible bodies/heads?
without them it would be harder to find a advantage to kill people with :P

Skyld
11-29-2004, 09:42 PM
sigh... british too :P

still don't u think it would be nicer if there weren't invisible bodies/heads?
without them it would be harder to find a advantage to kill people with :P

Actually, I disagree with your point. To be honest, the fact that people have a choice makes the game interesting. If you start taking away the choice, there goes the interest with it.
Not to mention, that you have no reason to hate British or American people just because we make clear and VALID points.

Darlene159
11-29-2004, 10:07 PM
1) Can happen if there are bad links, or lag causes the level not to load quickly
2) The invisible name thing shouldn't really be an annoyance, just a matter of choice. Could be a bug I suppose. The invisible head and body thing can be annoying at times, but you can still see their shadow >_<
3) What fun is it to get money really fast from slashing bushes, getting all the items, then being bored? Much better to work for your gralets, and by the time you get enough money to buy stuff, new stuff could be added....not to mention the boredom is decreased.

Has anyone noticed an vast increase of noobs on the forums recently? This is a good thing, it means more people are paying for Graal, and playing it. We were all new at one time ;)

Emily_Cruddas
11-29-2004, 10:17 PM
My account gravator was banned on era server long ago for that same XY problem, i spent 5 whole minutes looking for the bank and when i find it i walk in and suddenly i'm in the far back wall....staff were called and banned me for wall walking. A bit annoying but since chrisz is gone can something be done about this?

Skyld
11-29-2004, 10:31 PM
My account gravator was banned on era server long ago for that same XY problem, i spent 5 whole minutes looking for the bank and when i find it i walk in and suddenly i'm in the far back wall....staff were called and banned me for wall walking. A bit annoying but since chrisz is gone can something be done about this?

It would be better to contact Jenn (or whoever owns Era now) about this.

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 10:33 PM
Actually, I disagree with your point. To be honest, the fact that people have a choice makes the game interesting. If you start taking away the choice, there goes the interest with it.
Not to mention, that you have no reason to hate British or American people just because we make clear and VALID points.

actually i hate you guys b/c you always think your right.
same with you you think your reason is better than mine or something <_<

3) What fun is it to get money really fast from slashing bushes, getting all the items, then being bored? Much better to work for your gralets, and by the time you get enough money to buy stuff, new stuff could be added....not to mention the boredom is decreased.

uhm i actually get bored from spending 20 hours to get 1 gralat

GoZelda
11-29-2004, 10:40 PM
actually i hate you guys b/c you always think your right.
same with you you think your reason is better than mine or something <_<
So basically you can't stand others being right? That's pretty stupid. Would be cool though, someone says 'Don't touch that, you'll die' and you do because you can't stand him being right!

Mortiferus
11-29-2004, 11:00 PM
So basically you can't stand others being right? That's pretty stupid. Would be cool though, someone says 'Don't touch that, you'll die' and you do because you can't stand him being right!

you really are a belg <_<
i didn't say that *****

i said that they always think THEY'RE RIGHT

i didn't say I WAS RIGHT

n/m just delete this thread or whatever, some people don't even think about other's opinions instead they try to find a way to destroy the person with they're stupid reactions sjeez.

Skyld
11-30-2004, 12:02 AM

If you cannot seriously put up with other people's answers or opinions, don't post.
There's nothing worse than someone posting their view, and then dismissing others due to disagreement. We gave you our opinions, just like you gave us yours.

As for stupid reactions, our reactions were completely acceptable. You started this thread, so don't get offended by others posting in it.

ZeroTrack
11-30-2004, 12:07 AM
1. Sometimes it happens, when you walk in a level you get placed in a weird dX/Y position than you normally should be placed.

i've seen this happen too , say when you touch a blocking npc it returns a dx/y as some huge decimaled number , but it really doesnt effect anything unless your tring to get the extreme x/y but i couldnt see any real instance you would be...

Skyld
11-30-2004, 12:15 AM
i've seen this happen too , say when you touch a blocking npc it returns a dx/y as some huge decimaled number , but it really doesnt effect anything unless your tring to get the extreme x/y but i couldnt see any real instance you would be...

Even still, if its X=3.2111111114, then thats just 0.2111111114 into the 3rd tile: not really a problem. Even using int(3.2111111114) would return a solid 3. I guess its just careless linking/scripting.

Eagle
11-30-2004, 01:26 AM
uhm i actually get bored from spending 20 hours to get 1 gralat

Doubt it takes that long.

osrs
11-30-2004, 02:36 AM
i didn't say that *****

i didn't say I WAS RIGHT

n/m just delete this thread or whatever, some people don't even think about other's opinions instead they try to find a way to destroy the person with they're stupid reactions sjeez.

Don't be silly, your thoughts make no sense. Everybody has a different opinion about something, learn how to deal with that. :whatever:

Ravenzblade
11-30-2004, 05:10 AM
undefined:pissed: I recently expierienced Graal at my young brothers house and I loved it. my son likes it too. I have paid my money and downloaded the game client and my computer has all the requirments. no viruses and all my other computer progrmas are running fine. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME???? :frown:

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 05:26 AM
Haha, I was actually considering defending this 'Mortiferus' person until he showed himself to be an obnoxious racist. You guys were a little hard on him, but now I'm thinking he deserves it.

haro41
11-30-2004, 05:43 AM
I uh.. yeah.
you can solve that invisible killer problem by putting something really heavy on your R key. so you can see their rate and make it easy for you to kill them.

and the GATs should prolly delete invisible heads/bodies. thats their job right?

osrs
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
undefined:pissed: I recently expierienced Graal at my young brothers house and I loved it. my son likes it too. I have paid my money and downloaded the game client and my computer has all the requirments. no viruses and all my other computer progrmas are running fine. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME???? :frown:

What exactly are you needing help with?

GoZelda
11-30-2004, 06:08 PM
i didn't say that *****
I'm Dutch, *****. :rolleyes:

You can be right about facts, idiot.

i didn't say I WAS RIGHT
So you're arguing against something although you know it is right?

n/m just delete this thread or whatever
Then why even start it?

some people don't even think about other's opinions instead they try to find a way to destroy the person with they're stupid reactions sjeez.
People like you, git.

Darlene159
11-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Mortiferus, since you have your setting set to not recieve forum pm's...I will warn you here
Stop with the racist remarks....

Crono
11-30-2004, 09:21 PM
Omg you're complaining about racism. "i hate americans"-noob "OMG RACISM PLZ STOP!!!" -mod

thats what it looks like too me...unless he used the n word.

You people should have pmed me directing me here, I would have had a fair slice of the flame pie :(

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 09:24 PM
Omg you're complaining about racism

This is a bad thing...?

Darlene159
11-30-2004, 09:41 PM
Omg you're complaining about racism. "i hate americans"-noob "OMG RACISM PLZ STOP!!!" -mod

thats what it looks like too me...unless he used the n word.

You people should have pmed me directing me here, I would have had a fair slice of the flame pie :(If you have a problem with it, use a forum pm...I will not discuss it in this thread

GoZelda
11-30-2004, 09:53 PM
This is a bad thing...?
I *think* he meant to say that it couldn't really be considered racism.

Skyld
11-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Discrimination, maybe?

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 11:30 PM

Then he does not understand the term.

Skyld
12-01-2004, 01:08 AM
Either way, the comment made by Mortiferus about British and Americans was not necessary, and probably against some forum rule.