PDA

View Full Version : Hiring one scripter. Info Inside.

Raelyn
11-23-2004, 09:54 AM
I am not hiring alot of staff, very few and only out of necessity. In this case, I cannot script much more than simple things. I am a graphics, gani and creative design man, not well suited for scripting and don't have the time in a day to pump out new spritesheets and ganis for them as well as struggle through my scripting ineptitude.

Obviously I don't know enough about scripting to judge how well a scripter is suited for this position, so I would be taking your word for it. Scripter needs to be dedicated to the project, freeloaders who do minimal work to maintain RC on multiple servers need not apply, again, the reason why I am not hiring alot of staff.

There will be benefits, when I say hire, I don't mean you will do work for the server and gain nothing in return, I use hire literally. For information about these "benefits" and about the project before you choose wether it is the project you would like to dedicate your valuable time and effort to, contact me here;

AIM: frolicgfx
Email: [email protected]

Loriel
11-23-2004, 03:48 PM
Thanks for making yet another hiring post with about no information.

Zurkiba
11-23-2004, 04:56 PM
We dont even know what server it is :(

TESTRETIS
11-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Yes..what server >.<

GoZelda
11-23-2004, 10:34 PM
If you were interested in what server it was you could ask him...

Raelyn
11-24-2004, 12:18 AM

I left contact information for a reason, why bother posting my concepts for all to see when I could just tell the select few who care?

Kaimetsu
11-24-2004, 12:29 AM
Because this way nobody will care.

zokemon
11-24-2004, 12:52 AM
Obviously people have replied so please keep your little comments to your selves.

Kaimetsu
11-24-2004, 01:27 AM
Obviously people have replied so please keep your little comments to your selves.

Of those, what percentage has expressed an interest in joining?

protagonist
11-24-2004, 02:06 AM
Of those, what percentage has expressed an interest in joining?

They've expressed interest in knowing about it.

Raelyn
11-24-2004, 02:25 AM
I've been contacted for info several times already, so obviously the thread is serving it's purpose.

Raelyn
11-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Because this way nobody will care.

Maybe by giving them need to contact me, it's a way to filter out the ones that are lazy, too lazy to contact me.

If you're too lazy to simply send me a message and ask a few questions, you're probably not someone who needs to know anything anyways.

Kaimetsu
11-24-2004, 02:37 AM
Maybe by giving them need to contact me, it's a way to filter out the ones that are lazy, too lazy to contact me

And maybe checking threads for interesting information is a way for scripters to filter out the managers that are incompetent, too incompetent to work with.

Googi
11-24-2004, 04:08 AM
They've expressed interest in knowing about it.

Somehow I doubt that Zurkiba and Ben Rain plan on applying.

protagonist
11-24-2004, 03:13 PM
Somehow I doubt that Zurkiba and Ben Rain plan on applying.

It sounds like he is offering dollars for scripting. I wouldn't make any presumptions, but that's what it seems like.

Kaimetsu
11-24-2004, 04:33 PM
It sounds like he is offering dollars for scripting

Possibly, but could he really offer enough to tempt the upper echelon?

Raelyn
11-27-2004, 10:43 AM
And maybe checking threads for interesting information is a way for scripters to filter out the managers that are incompetent, too incompetent to work with.

Well, how about the fact that I am competant enough not to make my ideas directly public on a forum grazed by people also making servers whom may or may not be creative enough to get their own?

Raelyn
11-27-2004, 10:46 AM
It sounds like he is offering dollars for scripting. I wouldn't make any presumptions, but that's what it seems like.

I could very well be, as long as the scripter is competant enough for the tasks at hand and produces work of a quality worth being paid for, and dedicated enough to get the job done, not that the server die off after 3 months of developing like so many others whom staff simply lose interest.

Kai, the above description is the scripter that I require, wether the tasks at hand will require the higher quality scripters or not is debatable, but I only intend to hire someone that is capable, or near enough that they can figure it out.

This is not a hire and fire project, I want the people working on it to stay working on it, so no one is picking up where someone left off, or starting over on things that are already halfway done.

This is not a project where people will idle on RC or chat about the weather, or the red sox or "whatever". Not that it's a strict number, or that messing around is frowned upon entirely, but time is valuable, and I don't want to waste mine, just as much as I am sure dedicated scripters don't like to waste theirs. I've worked for a server or two that hired me, gave me a project, and I did it and asked for another one, continued on for about 3-4 weeks before I realised, everyone else in the staff list was "Manager" "Co-Manager" or "Asst. Manager" and did little or nothing to counter my work. It's not a good feeling. I don't consider myself as "Managing" this project, as a matter of fact Kaimetsu, I consider myself to be the local graphics guy of the server. Paying for a server doesn't mean I get to sit on my ass while other people are making progress. I don't intend to hire anyone else for graphics, and my project will require alot of graphics work, more than enough to keep me busy, as I stated in one of the reasons to hire a scripter.

Kai, I welcome you to apply, or to contact me privately for information, but if you were so disapointed by my "less than informative" thread that all you can give is negative input, I wouldn't blame you for not doing so.

Kaimetsu
11-27-2004, 06:51 PM
I am competant enough not to make my ideas directly public on a forum grazed by people also making servers whom may or may not be creative enough to get their own?

So how are we expected to distinguish between a talentless hack and a competent-but-secretive manager? Because the truly talented scripters ain't gonna go asking you for information unless they're already interested in the project.

Raelyn
11-28-2004, 06:05 AM
So how are we expected to distinguish between a talentless hack and a competent-but-secretive manager? Because the truly talented scripters ain't gonna go asking you for information unless they're already interested in the project.

I guess I'll have to settle for one of the less talented, but more outgoing scripters in the community.

I'm surprised to see Kaimetsu is the voice of every "truly talented scripter" in graal, is he the leader, the charismatic voice of talented graal scripters around the world? Come on, how can you say that 'ALL' talented scripters would show no interest, you are not all talented scripters, you are 'A' talented scripter.

Raelyn
11-28-2004, 09:23 AM
One of the system required to be scripted.

Isometric movement with elevation.

Crono
11-28-2004, 01:06 PM
looks 3d :)

Loriel
11-28-2004, 04:06 PM
I'm surprised to see Kaimetsu is the voice of every "truly talented scripter" in graal
He is not, however you should not ignore the insight he is giving you.

Kaimetsu
11-28-2004, 05:14 PM
I'm surprised to see Kaimetsu is the voice of every "truly talented scripter" in graal

I don't speak for them, but even you should realise that I know scripters better than you do.

thrashsoul
11-28-2004, 05:30 PM
Leave the kid alone Kai.

protagonist
11-29-2004, 08:05 AM
Possibly, but could he really offer enough to tempt the upper echelon?

Whatever it is beats what they're getting paid now, in all likelyhood.

Nitkizi
11-29-2004, 04:36 PM
I think what they are trying to get at is to describe the project that you are working on, like the theme of the server, what's it about, etc. etc. I'm sure money may tempt some, but as you can see with Kai, money or no money, they don't want to work unless the project interests them as well.

I think it is in the rules of this forum that you need to explain something about your server, is it not? I don't really care myself, I'm just saying, so don't jump down my throat.

zokemon
11-29-2004, 07:37 PM
As a scripter, I look for a manager that seems responcible and mature. One example of this is the fact that they spend time on making sure they have proper grammer and spelling when talk to you. Ideas arn't the only insentive to work for a server...

Kaimetsu
11-29-2004, 07:46 PM
To be fair, Raelyn, the screenshots you posted are exactly the kind of thing I was asking for. They show that you're a manager who'll innovate and provide interesting challenges for his staff members, plus they illustrate a concept that Joe Uncreative couldn't easily steal. I hope you get the help you need.

As a scripter, I look for a manager that seems responcible and mature. One example of this is the fact that they spend time on making sure they have proper grammer and spelling when talk to you

Are you saying that people with poor spelling skills are less likely to be mature and responsible?

calum
11-29-2004, 08:12 PM
As a scripter, I look for a manager that seems responcible and mature. One example of this is the fact that they spend time on making sure they have proper grammer and spelling when talk to you. Ideas arn't the only insentive to work for a server...

As a scripter, I look for a manager that seems Responsible and mature. One example of this is the fact that they spend time on making sure they have proper grammer and spelling when they talk to you. Ideas Aren’t the only incentive to work for a server...

Maturity -4
Responsibility -4

zokemon
11-29-2004, 08:34 PM
As a scripter, I look for a manager that seems Responsible and mature. One example of this is the fact that they spend time on making sure they have proper grammer and spelling when they talk to you. Ideas Aren’t the only incentive to work for a server...

Maturity -4
Responsibility -4

Don't go argueing to me about spelling and grammer errors when you your self capitalized aren't and responsible. Besides, I am not a manager. I don't look for my self. :whatever:

Raelyn
11-30-2004, 01:03 AM
I don't speak for them, but even you should realise that I know scripters better than you do.

I don't ignore the insight, and I am sure you know the scripters better than myself, but the evidence in my inbox tells a different story from that which you are telling.

Kai, I have nothing against you, I respect you as a scripter, but even you have to admit, some of your comments go above and beyond in the negativity department.

Raelyn
11-30-2004, 01:24 AM
To be fair, Raelyn, the screenshots you posted are exactly the kind of thing I was asking for. They show that you're a manager who'll innovate and provide interesting challenges for his staff members, plus they illustrate a concept that Joe Uncreative couldn't easily steal. I hope you get the help you need.

Are you saying that people with poor spelling skills are less likely to be mature and responsible?

Well Kai, all my ideals are fairly, if not entirely original, and even if they are inspired by other things, my own method of implentation is definately original.

I think the fact that the whole server staff is going to consist of me and a scripter shows that I am a responsible and mature "manager" (if you must continue to call me that). Most immature and irresponsible managers would hire 10 staff, make them all co-manager, and sit around shooting the **** on RC all day, while I, on the other hand, am hiring ONE person, who is a scripter, alongside myself, providing graphics and concepts to work our asses off and finish the majority of the server before I even put my $99 into the hat. Even then, I don't intend to stop serving up more and more content, at the very least, monthly.

I strive to be superior to Joe Uncreative, my whole life is a fight against mediocrity and to announce my individuality to the world. Also, as biased as it may be, I think out of the people I've known to have poor grammar, ~85% of them were immature and irresponsible.

Kai, I will add more posts displaying various concepts and screenshots, I hope that pleases you, no offense, but don't mistake that for concern of your opinion.

Loriel
11-30-2004, 02:12 AM
the evidence in my inbox tells a different story from that which you are telling.
I think evidence inside your inbox is worthless while it stays there.

Loriel
11-30-2004, 02:12 AM
Whatever it is beats what they're getting paid now, in all likelyhood.
But is it enough to work for the OP... ?

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 02:20 AM
I think the fact that the whole server staff is going to consist of me and a scripter shows that I am a responsible and mature "manager" (if you must continue to call me that)

I wasn't talking to you there. But out of curiosity, what title would you prefer?

I hope that pleases you, no offense, but don't mistake that for concern of your opinion.

S'okay. I will be interested to see what you have. At least then the project will make some impact on the Graal world, despite its inevitable failure :)

you have to admit, some of your comments go above and beyond in the negativity department

What? Surely not.

zokemon
11-30-2004, 03:30 AM
That signiture fits you perfectly Kai.

Raelyn
11-30-2004, 03:43 AM
S'okay. I will be interested to see what you have. At least then the project will make some impact on the Graal world, despite its inevitable failure :)

What? Surely not.

Ahem, enough said.

Raelyn
11-30-2004, 03:44 AM

Suggesting that Kai is a monkey banging on a keyboard? :)

Seems rather rude, but maybe that was his intended suggestion with that signature? :o

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 04:51 AM

And yours is, unfortunately, completely inaccurate.

Dawg, you can't make fun of a person when he's already making fun of himself. It doesn't work. It just makes you look slow and unimaginative.

zokemon
11-30-2004, 06:08 AM
And yours is, unfortunately, completely inaccurate.

Dawg, you can't make fun of a person when he's already making fun of himself. It doesn't work. It just makes you look slow and unimaginative.

You fail to relize that my signiture is complete sarcasim.
And I wasn't making fun of you, just pointing it out.

Kaimetsu
11-30-2004, 06:13 AM
You fail to relize that my signiture is complete sarcasim.

Sarcasm isn't a license to make random false or meaningless statements. It's usually supposed to serve a purpose. Arbitrarily writing the opposite of what you mean isn't crazy wittiness, it's just stupid.

zokemon
12-01-2004, 03:12 AM
Do you always have to be witty and smart though?

Kaimetsu
12-01-2004, 04:30 AM
Do you always have to be witty and smart though?

You don't have to be anything. If you prefer to be dull and hackneyed, that's well within your prerogative.

zokemon
12-01-2004, 04:38 AM
Maybe I just don't care to waste my time trying to impress people.
And that is a bad use of hackneyed. How am I over used?
If you are gonna pull out the big words then use them correctly.

Kaimetsu
12-01-2004, 07:05 AM
Maybe I just don't care to waste my time trying to impress people

Nor am I suggesting that you should.

And that is a bad use of hackneyed. How am I over used?

All in the ellipses, man.

Mykel
12-01-2004, 07:46 AM
We should make a debate about debating. Or, just debate over my post.

syltburk
12-01-2004, 11:09 AM
I think Jaffer is the kid who have to constantly guttersnipe his superiors to convince himself that he has some relative worth.
wow dude you really got me there :rolleyes: i feel really insulted now when you made me feel worse then you on a forum :( really got me there..

You just forgot the rest of my reply, but thats okay *thumbs up*
as i said if you have some kind of plesure with ranting people, go to wtf.com because they would gladly take care of you.

To be honest with you i think your replies are dull and pointless (nothing but a rant wannabe), if you're feeling smart on a forum then please say so, if you give out ranks on the internet on how superior you are to others then say so... I just think that you really should take a beer and have your feets on the ground...

Raelyn
12-01-2004, 01:53 PM
I just think that you really should take a beer and have your feets on the ground...

*hands Kai a smirnoff*

"Have a seat man, relax."

Loriel
12-01-2004, 03:02 PM
Ahem, enough said.
I do not think that honests comments instead of pointless flattering constitute bad negativity.

Loriel
12-01-2004, 03:09 PM
wow dude you really got me there :rolleyes: i feel really insulted now when you made me feel worse then you on a forum :( really got me there..
I, too, would feel insulted upon realising that I fail to understand basic rhetoric devices.

You just forgot the rest of my reply, but thats okay *thumbs up*
It indeed is okay, as the first sentence was already sufficient to realise that your posts contain nothing worthwhile.

as i said if you have some kind of plesure with ranting people, go to wtf.com because they would gladly take care of you.
If you have a problem with such discussions, I suggest you stop reading the forums, instead of trying to make people look bad with lame attacks.

To be honest with you i think your replies are dull and pointless [blahblah]
I assume that is because Kai does not aim his posts at your niveau.

I just think that you really should take a beer
Feel semiofficially warned, for suggesting drug consumption was previously outlawed... ?

Kaimetsu
12-01-2004, 06:03 PM
wow dude you really got me there :rolleyes: i feel really insulted now when you made me feel worse then you on a forum :(
as i said if you have some kind of plesure with ranting people, go to wtf.com

Jaffer, do you know what the word 'hypocrite' means?

Darlene159
12-01-2004, 06:21 PM
You know, it would be really nice to go into a scripting thread just once, and not see scripter staff (or scripters) attacking people =/
Honestly, I dont know why some of you should even be allowed to post on these forums, and I can certainly see why people fear posting anything scripting wise on these forums as I have been told.
For God's sake, if all you have to say are negative things towards someone, then just dont post!
The guy is looking for a scripter, if you are interested, contact him...if not, leave him alone unless you have something constructive to say that might be of some help to him.
I am sick of seeing members attacked by other members who think they are "superior"
Because on these forums, no one is superior over anyone....you are ALL members.

GoZelda
12-01-2004, 06:52 PM
For God's sake, if all you have to say are negative things towards someone, then just dont post!
What's wrong with negativity?

Because on these forums, no one is superior over anyone....you are ALL members.
Then why are you supermod?

syltburk
12-01-2004, 07:30 PM
If you have a problem with such discussions, I suggest you stop reading the forums, instead of trying to make people look bad with lame attacks.

Discussions or ranting? x_x
I mean honestly now, kai is "attacking" everyone but you must be hes friend since you didn't mention that.

Loriel
12-01-2004, 07:46 PM
You know, it would be really nice to go into a scripting thread just once, and not see scripter staff (or scripters) attacking people =/
You know, it would, subjectively, be really nice if you stopped being annoying. But it is not going to happen, so I deal with it.
Also, it is not like only scripters attack non-scripters.

Honestly, I dont know why some of you should even be allowed to post on these forums
Because neither of us is superior to anyone else, and we are all paying members?

I can certainly see why people fear posting anything scripting wise on these forums
Do tell! Because of the risk to get infected with ignorance... ?
Certainly there is no danger in posting here. Neither of us yields a banhammer, or anything like that.

as I have been told.
... which gains your information quite some reliability.

For God's sake,
Will you please leave the religious remarks out of this?

if all you have to say are negative things towards someone, then just dont post!
Are you saying that negativity is by definition bad?

leave him alone unless you have something constructive to say that might be of some help to him.
This thread does not belong to the OP. We do not have to refrain from doing anything he does not appreciate, or anything that does not directly help him personally. This is a community's forum.

I am sick of seeing members attacked by other members who think they are "superior"
I suggest that you get some healthy sleep and avoid the forums until your sickness if cured.

Because on these forums, no one is superior over anyone...
Yeah, but some manage to display superior ignorance.

you are ALL members.
Except the supermods/admins, right?

Loriel
12-01-2004, 07:53 PM
Discussions or ranting?
If you place importance in this distinction, then further explain it, and name examples where there is more unwarranted ranting than discussion.

x_x
^^... ?

I mean honestly now,
Are you implying that you were not honest before?

kai is "attacking" everyone
But is he not merely attacking those who display extraordinary hostility or immunity to reasonable arguments?
Otherwise, he only seems to criticise actions.

but you must be hes friend since you didn't mention that.
And you must be his mortal enemy, since you did mention it!!1
... I do not see how friendship reduces my credibility.

zokemon
12-01-2004, 08:54 PM
Kai and I both know that argueing with each other is the best thing in the world. *prepares for some sort of comeback*

Loriel
12-01-2004, 09:09 PM
I, for one, would prefer if the arguing was limitted to more interesting topics.

Raelyn
12-02-2004, 12:57 AM
... I do not see how friendship reduces my credibility.

Doesn't reduce credibility, only increased the chance of a biased opinion based comment from time to time. :)

Loriel
12-02-2004, 06:51 PM
I am glad that you acknowledge all of my points, then.

Raelyn
12-02-2004, 11:28 PM
I am glad that you acknowledge all of my points, then.

Slytburk should acknowledge your points, not me.

Kaimetsu
12-03-2004, 01:57 AM
I can certainly see why people fear posting anything scripting wise on these forums as I have been told

Would you like to know how many people have told me that they're more reluctant to post on the forums since you took over as supermod?

Emily_Cruddas
12-03-2004, 02:00 AM
*ahem* About the tiles you posted, it seems your making a 3D type server that keeps the player centered onscreen? And the terrain moves instead of the player? Your doing alright raelyn.

(and yea, i'm not a scripter but i have interest too, more hugs and less head chewing) :cool:

zokemon
12-03-2004, 05:48 AM
*ahem* About the tiles you posted, it seems your making a 3D type server that keeps the player centered onscreen? And the terrain moves instead of the player? Your doing alright raelyn.

(and yea, i'm not a scripter but i have interest too, more hugs and less head chewing) :cool:

Already being worked on. ;)

Slash-P2P
12-03-2004, 06:17 AM
Loriel, Kaimetsu, and that falco dude are the most argumentative people on the forums I know of. Give them their own little arguement board.

Kaimetsu
12-03-2004, 06:25 AM
Loriel, Kaimetsu, and that falco dude are the most argumentative people on the forums I know of. Give them their own little arguement board.

In addition, there should be a board dedicated solely to those who like to spend their time whining about said "arguements" :)

Raelyn
12-03-2004, 09:39 AM

A regular sherlock holmes, heh, ya, something to that effect. ;)

Isometric, centered character. ;)

Raelyn
12-03-2004, 09:41 AM
Would you like to know how many people have told me that they're more reluctant to post on the forums since you took over as supermod?

I can't count the number of my threads darlene has taken down, before they even reached 3 replies. :\

Damn right I am reluctant to post, I am surprised Kai and Loriel get away with it all the time. :o

Loriel
12-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Slytburk should acknowledge your points, not me.
Just making certain that you are not actually trying to disagree.

Loriel
12-03-2004, 02:45 PM
In addition, there should be a board dedicated solely to those who like to spend their time whining about said "arguements" :)
Then we could have two mutually exclusive user groups with respective access to these forums, and all problems solved?

Raelyn
12-03-2004, 02:56 PM
Then we could have two mutually exclusive user groups with respective access to these forums, and all problems solved?

Sounds too easy. Why don't we save ourselves the surprises and just deal with it like it is now?

Darlene159
12-03-2004, 03:41 PM
In addition, there should be a board dedicated solely to those who like to spend their time whining about said "arguements" :)I have a better idea...the ones doing the constant attacking should just lose the privilage to post here...works for me.
^^

So, how about we stop the arguing, and try to be constructive human beings?

Kaimetsu
12-03-2004, 08:11 PM
I have a better idea...the ones doing the constant attacking should just lose the privilage to post here

Absolutely, and that's a policy I wholeheartedly enforced when I was running the show here.

But in addition, maybe we should dethrone the supermods who can't distinguish between different levels of negativity, and treat every disagreement as though it's a sign of the impending apocalypse. For ease of identification, they also tend to be the ones that alienate new users by closing threads without proper explanation and berating them for deciding not to follow stupid rules.

syltburk
12-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Absolutely, and that's a policy I wholeheartedly enforced when I was running the show here.

But in addition, maybe we should dethrone the supermods who can't distinguish between different levels of negativity, and treat every disagreement as though it's a sign of the impending apocalypse. For ease of identification, they also tend to be the ones that alienate new users by closing threads without proper explanation and berating them for deciding not to follow stupid rules.
Did that really take you 30 minutes? Good job..

Kaimetsu
12-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Did that really take you 30 minutes?

What are you talking about?

nullify
12-03-2004, 08:59 PM
You forgot to break in with one of your infamous "thread closed" statements and actions.

Raelyn
12-05-2004, 11:27 AM
I think evidence inside your inbox is worthless while it stays there.

Evidence enough to me, I have nothing to prove to you, the thread worked, that's all that matters. I had to turn several people away.

FenixTheBanished
12-05-2004, 12:12 PM

Don't go into the threads anymore then.

Honestly, I dont know why some of you should even be allowed to post on these forum ...

Because they haved payed for the subscription, and have not broken any rules, except the ones pending in your mind.

Negativity can be constructive, it's when somebody deems the sake is God's, we all go crazy and flame you.

The guy is looking for a scripter, if you are interested, contact him...if not, leave him alone unless you have something constructive to say that might be of some help to him.

But all Kaimetsu has done was say constructive things. He meerly said that Raelyn should provide information about his project if he wants to help the scripters decide if they are intrested, past the USD payment possibility. Where, but in your post (or somebody quoting your post), is there anything that is not constructive?

Because on these forums, no one is superior over anyone....

And that's why you're a supermod, right? That's why you seemingly get off on deleting posts without notice/cause, and closing threads while confused newbies wonder why they cannot post anymore?

you are ALL members.

As are you.

ThinkDifferent
12-15-2004, 04:16 AM
Darlene is it absolutely necessary to use God's name on an ONLINE GAME message board?

Raelyn
12-15-2004, 07:19 AM
Darlene is it absolutely necessary to use God's name on an ONLINE GAME message board?

Diehard christians should not be playing graal, because through GK it promotes worship of false deities.

I'm worshipping Balor now, IRL, because he is going to "put the smack down" on god.

Slash-P2P
12-15-2004, 10:42 PM
Diehard christians should not be playing graal, because through GK it promotes worship of false deities.

I'm worshipping Balor now, IRL, because he is going to "put the smack down" on god.

I knew worshipping on Graal was bad x_x
Thats going in my sig

ThinkDifferent
12-15-2004, 11:50 PM
DIE HARD CHRISTIAN? Are you retarded? Many other religions worship God. Think before you speak.

Kaimetsu
12-15-2004, 11:52 PM
DIE HARD CHRISTIAN? Are you retarded? Many other religions worship God

Don't be stupid. He didn't say that only Christians need be concerned.

Raelyn
12-16-2004, 08:47 AM
Don't be stupid. He didn't say that only Christians need be concerned.

Thank you Kai, yes, I am aware that christians are not the only ones that worship god or a godlike figure, however, christians are generally the most pushy when it comes to converting the rest of the world and in my experience are the first to say "You're going to hell." if you mention any other god-like figures even just for the sake of open-mindedness.

Which is why I related to them in that statement.

ThinkDifferent
12-16-2004, 10:44 PM
Well then say what you intend to mean, rather than being so broad and vague :)

Kaimetsu
12-16-2004, 10:49 PM
Well then say what you intend to mean, rather than being so broad and vague :)

He was not vague in the slightest, and the very source of your disagreement was that he was (in your opinion) not broad enough.

Look, the root of the matter is this: He could have said "devout members of any religion that forbids worship of false idols", or he could have said "diehard Christians". Given that the latter is much more concise and covers the majority of the former anyway (within this particular audience), I think he made the right choice.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 01:31 AM
He was not vague in the slightest, and the very source of your disagreement was that he was (in your opinion) not broad enough.

Look, the root of the matter is this: He could have said "devout members of any religion that forbids worship of false idols", or he could have said "diehard Christians". Given that the former is much more concise and covers the majority of the latter anyway (within this particular audience), I think he made the right choice.

Thank you once again Kai, you never cease to amaze with the ability to flame me in one post and agree with me entirely in another.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 01:53 AM
Thank you once again Kai, you never cease to amaze with the ability to flame me in one post and agree with me entirely in another.

I just go with whichever side is in the right, man. It's not a personal thing.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 04:46 AM
I just go with whichever side is in the right, man. It's not a personal thing.

I must be right on a 50/50 basis, however, I was unaware that my other post was a right or wrong thing, it was more of a "Hey, this happened, to whom it may concern."

Loriel
12-17-2004, 09:48 AM
I must be right on a 50/50 basis
What is your point?

I was unaware that my other post was a right or wrong thing
One can debate whether you were right or wrong to post this, as proven before.

it was more of a "Hey, this happened, to whom it may concern."
But posting in this forum implies that it concerns us.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 10:05 AM
What is your point?

One can debate whether you were right or wrong to post this, as proven before.

But posting in this forum implies that it concerns us.

You're so cool Loriel, I think you're great.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 05:10 PM
I must be right on a 50/50 basis

Being right and being in the right are slightly different things. But yes, congratulations on being right occasionally.

I was unaware that my other post was a right or wrong thing

Imagine if a particular person returned every day to post statistics about the weather in his area, a new thread every time. Would we call this spam, perhaps? It is a fuzzy line, but it would be boring and annoying in any case. Now imagine that there are several sites dedicated to facilitating such weather-blogging, and that he has eschewed them in preference of Graal's NGRT forum. Would this person not, in your opinion, be in the wrong?

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Being right and being in the right are slightly different things. But yes, congratulations on being right occasionally.

Imagine if a particular person returned every day to post statistics about the weather in his area, a new thread every time. Would we call this spam, perhaps? It is a fuzzy line, but it would be boring and annoying in any case. Now imagine that there are several sites dedicated to facilitating such weather-blogging, and that he has eschewed them in preference of Graal's NGRT forum. Would this person not, in your opinion, be in the wrong?

If he was a graal player, he would not be in the wrong, he would be an idiot, but not in the wrong.

However, I posted a single boring topic, I don't intend to do it daily, and I think being sick is relevant to the community, at least my friends, who would read it, and know why I've been down lately.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 05:29 PM
If he was a graal player, he would not be in the wrong, he would be an idiot, but not in the wrong

I'm not sure how you're defining those terms, dawg. Probably not the same way I am.

I posted a single boring topic, I don't intend to do it daily, and I think being sick is relevant to the community

It's only relevant to you, it has no great effect on the community. The only people who might care are the people who might know you as a person (plus Moon Goddess, who pretends to care about everything).

And the same is true, of course, of our imaginary weather-posting friend. But he should go to weatherblog.com and you should go to livejournal.com.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 05:43 PM
I'm not sure how you're defining those terms, dawg. Probably not the same way I am.

It's only relevant to you, it has no great effect on the community. The only people who might care are the people who might know you as a person (plus Moon Goddess, who pretends to care about everything).

And the same is true, of course, of our imaginary weather-posting friend. But he should go to weatherblog.com and you should go to livejournal.com.

Actually, if someone wanted to know the weather in his area, they could look it up, as there are already sites that document the weapon up to the minute around the world. There are so sites for my friends to reference up to date to tell them when I am sick, and definately not up to the minute. Anyone who would post the weather in his area daily is simply an idiot.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 05:51 PM
Actually, if someone wanted to know the weather in his area, they could look it up

If someone wanted to know how sick you were feeling, could they not IM you?

Loriel
12-17-2004, 06:13 PM
You're so cool Loriel, I think you're great.
Thanks.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 06:23 PM
If someone wanted to know how sick you were feeling, could they not IM you?

Not nessesarily how sick, but the fact that was indeed sick. Would you find it natural to open your inbox every day to 50 people asking, "Are you sick today?". That seems like a stupid and peculiar waste of time, when on the rare occasion I get sick, I could simply announce it to the surrounding community.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 06:29 PM
Would you find it natural to open your inbox every day to 50 people asking, "Are you sick today?"

Do you really think fifty people would care?

on the rare occasion I get sick, I could simply announce it to the surrounding community.

Or you could put it in a Livejournal!

What if every Graal user created a thread whenever he/she were sick? Would you not get tired of it, eventually? What if we expand it to all vaguely-significant events in their lives and essentially turn NGRT into a big shared journal? Would you not have a problem with it?

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Do you really think fifty people would care?

Or you could put it in a Livejournal!

What if every Graal user created a thread whenever he/she were sick? Would you not get tired of it, eventually? What if we expand it to all vaguely-significant events in their lives and essentially turn NGRT into a big shared journal? Would you not have a problem with it?

What the hell do you think NGRT is? Take a look at the posts in there, that's what it's for.

NGRT == Information that is irrelevant to graal and equally useless to most other players, tada, my thread fits perfectly.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 07:04 PM
What the hell do you think NGRT is? Take a look at the posts in there, that's what it's for

No, it's for discussing matters that could potentially be interesting to other users.

Good Examples: Politics, religion, computer games, popular media.
Bad Examples: Your life, weather.

tada, my thread fits perfectly.

No better than the weather guy's.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 07:20 PM
No, it's for discussing matters that could potentially be interesting to other users.
Good Examples: Politics, religion, computer games, popular media.
Bad Examples: Your life, weather.
No better than the weather guy's.

Well, since I could give a flying ass**** about pop media, religion and politics, I'd rather go with games, and rare happenings. My being sick is quite rare, so I thought I'd announce it, and you know what, my being sick could very well be potentially interesting to other users, and who are you to say that it isn't? Are you the ****ing judge by which all things relevant must pass. You're not, and because you don't find something ****ing interesting, doesn't mean there aren't others who do, or that I don't have the right to post it anyways. However, you have the right to state that you don't find it interesting, and state your opinion as such, I never told you not to, or that you should take your opinion elsewhere, I only said that it seems to me like if it wasn't interesting, you wouldn't bother wasting your time responding to it. Which also, ironically, is my opinion.

This thread should be closed, because this is extremely off topic, besides, I've already found a scripter, yet it still continues to go on endlessly on subjects that dont matter, as a matter of fact, we are in one thread, talking about another thread that we are also posting in, is that not a little disturbing to you?

Cue Darlene.

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 07:27 PM
Well, since I could give a flying ass**** about pop media, religion and politics, I'd rather go with games, and rare happenings

I didn't say the forum is for discussing things that you find interesting.

My being sick is quite rare, so I thought I'd announce it, and you know what, my being sick could very well be potentially interesting to other users

Yeah, only the imaginary ones. Something doesn't become interesting just because it's rare.

and who are you to say that it isn't?

I'm a person with a brain. Let me now use it to highlight the hypocrisy in your position.

You yourself argued against the weather guy's daily updates. Who are you to say that his threads aren't interesting?

This thread should be closed, because this is extremely off topic

That's not against the rules.

I've already found a scripter, yet it still continues to go on endlessly on subjects that dont matter

If they don't matter, why are you still posting?

we are in one thread, talking about another thread that we are also posting in, is that not a little disturbing to you?

Not particularly. I will note that you were the one to bring the issue here.

Raelyn
12-17-2004, 07:55 PM
I didn't say the forum is for discussing things that you find interesting.

No, it's for dicussing things that anyone finds interesting, and I felt that the events of that night were particularly interesting, so guess what, they are getting ****ing discussed.

Yeah, only the imaginary ones. Something doesn't become interesting just because it's rare.

Play GK for a week and try that statement again, don't get me wrong, it's a dumb theory, I agree, but you are wrong. Not just GK, there are a whole lot of boring and uninteresting things that are rare and people suddenly find them worth talking about.

I'm a person with a brain. Let me now use it to highlight the hypocrisy in your position.

Guess what, so am I, let me help you highlight it, who am I to say that it IS interesting, but wether or not it IS interesting is not the question.

...it's for discussing matters that could potentially be interesting...

I am having trouble thinking of something that cannot potentially be interesting to someone, somwhere, help me, please.

You yourself argued against the weather guy's daily updates. Who are you to say that his threads aren't interesting?

I didn't say they weren't interesting, I said they were already documented, there are websites, if someone needs weather info, they can go there.

That's not against the rules.

Of course it's not, I didn't say that it was, but it's already in discussion elsewhere, and weren't you the very same person *****ing about large numbers of pointless threads? Where was that hypocrisy again? I'd like another helping.

If they don't matter, why are you still posting?

Because I am home sick from work and bored out of my ****ing mind, you?

Not particularly. I will note that you were the one to bring the issue here.

Yes, I mentioned it in another statement, what's your point?

Kaimetsu
12-17-2004, 08:12 PM
No, it's for dicussing things that anyone finds interesting

Preferably where 'anyone' is more than one person.

Play GK for a week and try that statement again

I am pretty sure GK doesn't disprove the statement. Here, I will prove it true:

I just used a random generator to produce the number 5317496468. This is exceedingly rare. Is it interesting?

who am I to say that it IS interesting, but wether or not it IS interesting is not the question

Then what is?

I am having trouble thinking of something that cannot potentially be interesting to someone, somwhere

You have a great deal to learn about interpreting language.

I didn't say they weren't interesting, I said they were already documented

The exact conditions in the square mile in which he lives? I doubt it.

weren't you the very same person *****ing about large numbers of pointless threads?

No, probably not.

This isn't a pointless thread. It doesn't become pointless just because you don't like something that was later posted in it. Again, this whole thing stems from a misunderstanding of language. The purpose of the thread is immutable; it is not dependent on subsequent events.

Because I am home sick from work and bored out of my ****ing mind

Then clearly it is hypocritical for you to decry the act of discussing things that "dont matter".

Yes, I mentioned it in another statement, what's your point?

I am merely ensuring that blame is properly attributed.

Darlene159
12-17-2004, 08:19 PM
ugh, Kaimetsu stop destroying people's threads!
Closing as thread creater wishes.....