PDA

View Full Version : Creating folders in RC

Salaisuus
11-20-2004, 02:38 AM
How do I create folders in rc file browser?

Yeah Im sure this is explained somewhere in the past topics but I searced around and couldnt find anything of it.

Loriel
11-20-2004, 02:54 AM
Give yourself rights to a new folder and upload something in there.

Slash-P2P
11-20-2004, 03:25 AM
First, you must have the right to change the server's folder configuration.
Then you must add lines such as this to the folder configuration:
file myfolder/*
file myfolder/*.*

You can replace file with certain things that allow certain files in the folder to work on the server. To add a folder that has levels in it that can be warped too, have something like this:

file mylevels/*
level mylevels/*.nw

Then when all the folder stuff is added, add this to your rights.
rw levels/myfolder/*
rw levels/mylevels/*
or whatever you named the folders.

NicoX
11-20-2004, 10:45 AM
ya for bodies heads shields swords etc u need this folders in ur folder conf.

body images/bodies/*
head images/heads/*
sword images/swords/*
shield images/shields/*

or rename them to

body bodies/*
head heads/*
sword swords/*
shield shields/*

later u need to add your folders in ur folder rights

rw levels/images/bodies/*
rw levels/images/heads/*
rw levels/images/swords/*
rw levels/images/shields/*

OR....

rw levels/bodies/*
rw levels/heads/*
rw levels/swords/*
rw levels/shields/*

:)

xAndrewx
11-20-2004, 10:49 AM
I wonder where you stole that from *hiss*

Skyld
11-20-2004, 04:55 PM
I'd quite like to see a way to delete folders in RC. When you start giving yourself rights to every folders on an old server, you tend to end up with far too many folders that aren't used, and probably never will be.

Salaisuus
11-20-2004, 05:00 PM
aye aye thx

Slash-P2P
11-20-2004, 05:48 PM
I'd quite like to see a way to delete folders in RC. When you start giving yourself rights to every folders on an old server, you tend to end up with far too many folders that aren't used, and probably never will be.

Go through your staff's rights, and delete the folder you want to remove. Then remove the folder lines from the folder configuration.

I wonder where you stole that from *hiss*
Hey stupid - Those are in the default folder configuration.

NicoX
11-20-2004, 10:03 PM
ya rofl xD

xAndrewx
11-20-2004, 10:23 PM
still, he probably stole them >_<

Slash-P2P
11-20-2004, 10:56 PM
still, he probably stole them >_<

They aren't stolen when they are already on the server when its created.

Lance
11-20-2004, 11:05 PM
Uh, if you just want to make a folder, you don't need to touch the folder configuration.

That's only for if you want to use that folder online.

Skyld
11-21-2004, 03:29 AM
Go through your staff's rights, and delete the folder you want to remove. Then remove the folder lines from the folder configuration.

That removes it from my rights and folder config. It doesn't delete the actual folder......
Besides, I use wildcarded rights:

rw levels/*
rw levels/*/*

etc.

Slash-P2P
11-21-2004, 07:57 AM
That removes it from my rights and folder config. It doesn't delete the actual folder......
Besides, I use wildcarded rights:

rw levels/*
rw levels/*/*

etc.

What the hell are you trying to do?

If your trying to delete a folder, you have to delete the stuff in it, remove it from rights, and remove it from folder config.

Skyld
11-21-2004, 02:10 PM
As I said before, that empties the folder, removes it from my rights and the folder config. I'm trying to completely delete the folder from the server, not hide it? What you are suggesting just hides the folder.

ZeroTrack
11-21-2004, 04:14 PM
As I said before, that empties the folder, removes it from my rights and the folder config. I'm trying to completely delete the folder from the server, not hide it? What you are suggesting just hides the folder.

The only way to delete folders currently is to have stefan delete them, its not like the old days anymore, last i heard he was going to make the new RC be able to delete folders.

anyone remember the first ftp graal had, where you actually needed an FTP client and username and password to log onto it? lol less secure but you could do more with it

Slash-P2P
11-21-2004, 04:35 PM
anyone remember the first ftp graal had, where you actually needed an FTP client and username and password to log onto it? lol less secure but you could do more with it

I remember (back in the day) when Frolic went down and Angel gave me the FTP information to log in. Twas cool.