PDA

View Full Version : New GServer + NPCServer

Admins
11-08-2004, 08:17 PM
All servers have been restarted or will be restarted in the next few hours. There were several improvements.

GServer:
- Improved speed
- Fixed rights pattern that end with "*" ("str" is now matching "str*")
- New /find <pattern> command for finding files with wildcards; it is searching for all files in the levels folder and subfolders and is displaying their attributes; max 50 matches are displayed
- new option "allowedglobalguilds=listed guild names" which let you enable only certain global guilds; this only works together with "globalguilds=false"
- when you die on a server that uses the classic hp system then you don't see the 'failed' message anymore; it also displays a message when someone tries to illegal warp by hacking their client (it can happen though that that message is displayed when someone logs in with 0 hp/hearts because the client tries to warp to the last house or so, so please don't immediatelly ban)

NPCServer:
- playeronlinetime variable which is a number that gives you the seconds the player was online on this server; a bug has been fixed that caused the server to only update the value when the player was logging in
- the timevar2 variable is improved: it is now displaying the unix time (seconds since 1970/1/1), with nanosecond-precision (the old timevar2 variable was very precise but was reset when the server was restarted)
- setimg, setimgpart and restarting the server doesn't mess up the shape width/height set with setshape anymore
- addguildmember/removeguildmember/removeguild correctly work with guild names containing spaces

HoudiniMan
11-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Cool :)

Slash-P2P
11-08-2004, 08:47 PM
Thank you!

KuJi
11-08-2004, 09:52 PM
1 question:
addguildmember/removeguildmember/removeguild correctly work with guild names containing spaces

Meaning we don't have to put _ now for guild names EX:
removeguild Hi_Bye;
we can just put removeguild Hi Bye;
?

xManiamaNx
11-08-2004, 11:14 PM
- New /find <pattern> command for finding files with wildcards; it is searching for all files in the levels folder and subfolders and is displaying their attributes; max 50 matches are displayed

How about something like this for /clearnpcs and /updatelevel :)

Inverness
11-08-2004, 11:23 PM
How about something like this for /clearnpcs and /updatelevel :)
Yea I agree, its such a pain updating a bunch of levels one by one.
Also could you add a /rmdir command to remove empty folders please :O

Admins
11-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Yes those two things shouldn't be hard to add

Yes @ kuji

TESTRETIS
11-09-2004, 03:41 AM
Definatley, but the problem with /clearnpcs with a wildcard is if someones dropping gralats or dropping some sort of weapon for trade ETC, during the process that NPC or whatever would be destroyed.

xManiamaNx
11-09-2004, 04:09 AM
That's what admin message/pm's etc are for :]

Slash-P2P
11-09-2004, 06:01 AM
Definatley, but the problem with /clearnpcs with a wildcard is if someones dropping gralats or dropping some sort of weapon for trade ETC, during the process that NPC or whatever would be destroyed.

Attention: I'm about to do clearnpcs everywhere so pick up your stuff.

TESTRETIS
11-09-2004, 06:06 AM
That's what admin message/pm's etc are for :]
Admin messages are evil, since most player "Accidently" miss them and PMs uh...i think The "ignore" thing comes into play :P

Slash-P2P
11-09-2004, 06:10 AM
Admin messages are evil, since most player "Accidently" miss them and PMs uh...i think The "ignore" thing comes into play :P

Script an unavoidable messaging system.

Doahh_p2p
11-09-2004, 06:35 AM
Script an unavoidable messaging system.

It let's RC's and stuff come through even if ignored =)

Admins
11-09-2004, 10:11 PM
You can still script an npc-remover and only destroy the npcs which should be destroyed.

syltburk
11-10-2004, 10:13 AM
Yes @ kuji
[email protected]

Good job :)

xAndrewx
11-11-2004, 10:27 PM
You should have a find command to run through each level like
/npcfind addtiledef
if a file contained addtiledef it would say so, and such ;p

Slash-P2P
11-11-2004, 10:45 PM
/npcfind addtiledef

If you use the dungeon generator, that will generate a bunch of level names x_x

Inverness
11-12-2004, 04:09 AM
/npcfind addtiledef
A text searcher would be nice for finding illegal scripts. ^^

Ajira
11-12-2004, 04:56 AM
/npcfind addtiledef
That would trigger the rcchat event.

Inverness
11-12-2004, 11:21 PM
Stefan, could you please add a playerspecific sendtorc command.

So the text would only appear to one person, and without the NPC-Server's name at the beginning of it.

xAndrewx
11-13-2004, 06:59 PM
If you use the dungeon generator, that will generate a bunch of level names x_x
What in hell does this have to do with anything i stated?

Slash-P2P
11-13-2004, 07:12 PM
What in hell does this have to do with anything i stated?

Why don't you look and see?
The dungeon generator puts addtiledef in every level generated.

xAndrewx
11-13-2004, 07:17 PM
That's rather stupid, Wouldn't you agree?

calum
11-13-2004, 07:59 PM
How about server support for receiving height updates?

Slash-P2P
11-15-2004, 12:50 AM
That's rather stupid, Wouldn't you agree?

Adding the tiledefs to each level? No.

xAndrewx
11-15-2004, 06:26 PM
Why isn't it?

Slash-P2P
11-15-2004, 10:43 PM
Why isn't it?

So you see the map correctly no matter what level you enter.

Would you like stumbling around in a level with no tileset until you find that one level with the tileset script?

Admins
11-16-2004, 12:50 AM
Once you have called addtiledef you will never need to call it again, so it doesn't make sense to put it into more than one script if you want to add tiles to a whole map. The dungeongenerator only adds the addtiledef npcs if you use the addtestnpcs option or so, which is, like the name says, for testing.

Slash-P2P
11-16-2004, 03:12 AM
Once you have called addtiledef you will never need to call it again, so it doesn't make sense to put it into more than one script if you want to add tiles to a whole map. The dungeongenerator only adds the addtiledef npcs if you use the addtestnpcs option or so, which is, like the name says, for testing.

I never saw the option.

Malinko
11-16-2004, 03:14 AM
1 question:
addguildmember/removeguildmember/removeguild correctly work with guild names containing spaces

Meaning we don't have to put _ now for guild names EX:
removeguild Hi_Bye;
we can just put removeguild Hi Bye;
?
You -can-.

Just stop being lazy and put a _ to save you trouble. ;).

MysticalDragon
11-16-2004, 06:33 PM

Yes true, but lets say you went over your girlfriends house to use graal. You would have to look around for the level with the addtiledef in it because it saves it to tiledefs.

Slash-P2P
11-16-2004, 10:11 PM
I suggest people do what Element does.
Have all the addtiledef stuff in the system npc.

p2p_Sir_Link
11-22-2004, 05:05 AM
and then use something like if(startswith(heartquest_,#L)) {addtiledef }
for tiledefs varied by levels. It's what I do.

napo_p2p
11-23-2004, 01:58 AM
My server keeps showing "Client [acct] tried to warp illegaly out of [level] (hacker?)", but it isn't likely that 20 different people (some staff) are hacking. Does anyone know why these messages are being triggered?