PDA

View Full Version : G:R NAT Hirings

Andares
11-06-2004, 03:18 AM
I was going to have closed tryouts, where the application was sent to five people, but I could not find five such skilled scripters.

Before trying out, you must meet these requirements:
--You must not own a server set in the same time period (Classic) as G:R.
--You must be a skilled scripter. The tryout app. is hard. A few months ago, I'd probably have failed.
--You must be working on RC at least two hours a week, unless you give me some sort of notice.

The tryout application is an attached ASCII text file. I will be hiring one or two, depending on the skill of the people trying out. Multi-working is okay.
EDIT: On a side note, please send me the answers in the same format the questions were given. (E.g. I. 4+1 = ___., you'd send I. 4+1 = 5.
Also removed the 'Psychological Exam'.

Good luck on the test,
Jacco
--Please either AIM me (AtariTandy), or Forum PM me. DO NOT post on this forum. (AIM preferred).

Spark910
11-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Why the:

========================
III. PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM:|
========================

Andares
11-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Why the:

========================
III. PSYCHOLOGICAL EXAM:|
========================

It's not so much of a psychological exam is it's to determine how you'll get along/etc. (Also to intimidate ppl applying) ;)

Btw, you can post on this thread as much as you like, just as long as you don't attach your application. Then I will keel yew.

Kaimetsu
11-06-2004, 04:37 PM
An object-oriented movement system? Do you even know what the term means? Also, how come the fewest points are allocated to the most difficult scripting challenge? And is it really a good idea to encourage - nay, demand - poor data security?

Andares
11-06-2004, 04:45 PM
An object-oriented movement system? Do you even know what the term means? Also, how come the fewest points are allocated to the most difficult scripting challenge? And is it really a good idea to encourage - nay, demand - poor data security?

Since ye be annoying, I shall taunt you with mine Olde English. Object oriented means employing the use of functions, and constructors/accessors/mutators (join classes and other weapons). Also, I hath taken down the app. temporarily/permanently, because closed tryouts shalst be held, as I wanted originally. Good day, sir.

Kaimetsu
11-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Object oriented means employing the use of functions, and constructors/accessors/mutators

It would be quite difficult for you to be any more wrong. Believe it or not, object-oriented programming concerns the use of objects, which aren't possible in GScript1. Incidentally, it doesn't feature constructors either, or any mechanism that could provide accessors or mutators :rolleyes:

I hath taken down the app

Good idea.