PDA

View Full Version : Day/Night/Weather Script Contest

supersaiyanboo2
06-23-2001, 08:47 PM
Okay, since i figured out how to make a map (lol), I'm trying to make a day night weather sacript with rain and these thingys, the one, who pm's me the best script or post it here, gets a nat captain pos on Auroria (is on lol). But it would be great if u send me all in a zip +acc name +name (for the tag) to [email protected]

Here we go ;)

Fai
06-23-2001, 11:23 PM
So you want other people to do your work for some meaningless title?

kyle0654
06-23-2001, 11:27 PM
good luck, the ones of us who could make a really good script for that already have a position or project they're perfectly content with...

T-Squad
06-23-2001, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by kyle0654
good luck, the ones of us who could make a really good script for that already have a position or project they're perfectly content with...

heheheh

i doubt anyone that could make it for him would do it even if they didnt have the position...well they might do it to make a *** server turn become good....

ownerofbabylon
06-23-2001, 11:40 PM
umm no. Auroria cannot be "good" And the reason why is they hire people who supposedly have "skill" and then go on the message boards asking for scripts. Once they have them "very rare" they use them and say they did it all. This in turn leads to a horrible PW and a stupid staff.

supersaiyanboo2
06-24-2001, 12:32 AM
Sorry LordHelmut, but i think u should shut up, u submitted ur playerworld 100000 times and it still isn't up, so no harrassement about other servers, if u doin't have ur own.

Back to Contest: It is really hard, isn't it, cuz it has to be scriptet to servertime, that day/night/weather is the same for everyone..

-=Nil$=- (Owner of Auroria)

ownerofbabylon
06-24-2001, 12:35 AM
ACtually *** ***** I submitted it once last weekend. :D And Geovanie told me what was wrong and I fixed it and am sending it again today. LOL. Anyways, they only reason I can see for Stefan putting Auroria up was because he needed a PW that would attract all the n00bs leaving the better PWs for the Oldbies to play on :D

supersaiyanboo2
06-24-2001, 12:36 AM
About Staff u have good staff too, u dunno exactly whether ur pets or whateva it was were made with ganis, and we'll see, which pw gets more players.......if ur pw is really going up, and i didn't call u *****/***, i just told u to shut up.

General
06-24-2001, 12:38 AM
List of servers to try out for:
Classic
N-Pulse
Sidra
Murasamune
Mithica
X
Elven Lands
Auoria

Accepted
Rejected
In hot water with staff
Do not try out for!

supersaiyanboo2
06-24-2001, 12:40 AM
U took sidra, cuz ur nat on it right? lol anyways Sidra isn't that good at their peak time are 20 players on lol... :) but how i saidf no harrassement like st00pid lord does..

General
06-24-2001, 12:43 AM
OMFG OMFG OMFG It's so freakin' hard OMFG OMFG OMFG not,

if (timeout) {
nweather=timevar%120000;
if (nweather>90000) {
//Rain Effects go here
}else if (nweather>60000) {
//Snow Effects go here
}else if (nweather>30000) {
//Cloud Effects go here
}else{
//Sunny Effects go here
}
timeout=0.05;
}

Marco2002
06-24-2001, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by General
List of servers to try out for:
Classic
N-Pulse
Sidra
Murasamune
Mithica
X
Elven Lands
Auoria

Accepted
Rejected
In hot water with staff
Do not try out for!

Murasamune was rejected?? :confused:

G_yoshi
06-24-2001, 03:44 PM
My PW will be good....when i get it done enough to send in. I dont have a whole lot left, but unless i can pickup enough staff, it will probably be a while yet. Exactly how long it will be....i dont know:confused:

but aside from that, i have some really fun stuff npcs to play with :D and to protect my ideas I wont be posting them, you'll just have to be patient and wait for me to finish :D

kyle0654
06-24-2001, 11:05 PM
that's the big problem nowadays...ever since the advent of playerworlds and g2k1 nobody wants to share their ideas (and possibly have them developed into something greater than they could imagine) because we're all working towards different goals, against each other. When it was just classic, everyone worked together to try and get things done.

G_yoshi
06-25-2001, 12:35 AM
i would not mind sharing ideas with others, but it seems that when i share, someone inevitably claims it as their own and does not give credit :(

Though, people still will copy things they see, I guess one could see it as flattery :D

General
06-25-2001, 01:35 AM
no my application was rejected, whoo! Mithica is P.O.ed at me after i told them you can unstick me from jail

foxstar70
06-25-2001, 08:16 PM
i have been around since 1.28 and that is how it always was on classic for instance if a person ask "how do i make a npcw that does ...... and ..... would you please help me out" but now some newbies just need help and all people are dooing are rejecting them and that is not right no wonder newbies are always pking they dont have anything else to do ever since g2k came out

FatherDante
06-26-2001, 05:27 AM
I would prefer if there were only one server everyone worked on, and only good stuff got onto it, instead of one good idea poorly implemented on a server otherwise full of crap so that when someone else tries to make a decent version they say "You stole that idea from [such and such sucky server]."

But everyone wants credit and power for themselves, they can't be content to just appreciate the benefit of a good project or a worthy contribution!

SkooL
06-26-2001, 05:39 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
The day I see "how do I make the Drakkara?" is the day I go postal and kill everybody in the room.
how do I make the Drakkara?

CrazedMerlin
06-26-2001, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by supersaiyanboo2
Sorry LordHelmut, but i think u should shut up, u submitted ur playerworld 100000 times and it still isn't up, so no harrassement about other servers, if u doin't have ur own.

Back to Contest: It is really hard, isn't it, cuz it has to be scriptet to servertime, that day/night/weather is the same for everyone..

-=Nil$=- (Owner of Auroria)
You should not insult people since you say things like "ur" and "u" while trying to act smart.