PDA

View Full Version : Stefan please act in favour of the players

Sam
10-27-2004, 07:15 PM
When will the dictatorship in Forest finally be terminated?
I think it may not be useful, that an individual person, who is only very rarely online, paralyzes a whole kingdom, and limits different players.
Hereby I ask Stefan for a clear decision in favour of the player majority.

Schlurfy

GoZelda
10-27-2004, 07:39 PM
Right. You know, this will probably be ignored. Your point may be clear to me (I guess you want Chris removed and be king instead), but Stefan might think 'liek wtf?'. And who is this 'player majority' you are speaking of?

Sam
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Your point may be clear to me (I guess you want Chris removed and be king instead), but Stefan might think 'liek wtf?'. And who is this 'player majority' you are speaking of?
No, I dont wanna be king of forest. I think there are some player that are members of forest and they could do a good job, if the leader would let them.
And the player majority are that players who like to become a member of that kingdom, or the members that are still a member without any rank.

Sam
10-27-2004, 08:45 PM
Emily, I dont think it is only a problem of the members of forest. Its also a problem of the whole game, when one kingdom is blocked by 1 person.

Slash-P2P
10-27-2004, 10:40 PM
Kingdom Kings and Queens should have elections or something every few months or so to prevent someone from dominating a kingdom. And if someone is elected twice or so, they cannot be elected again and so on...Kind of like the U.S. Presidential Election.

---
"YOU THE KING OF THE FOREST!?" - Harold and Kumar go to White Castle

GoZelda
10-27-2004, 10:46 PM
Kingdom Kings and Queens should have elections or something every few months or so to prevent someone from dominating a kingdom. And if someone is elected twice or so, they cannot be elected again and so on...Kind of like the U.S. Presidential Election.

---
Yeah. That's why it's called Kingdoms.

Sam
10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
I dont think it is helpful to be cynical.

GoZelda
10-27-2004, 11:13 PM
I think it is.

xAndrewx
10-28-2004, 12:22 AM
There is no members in forest.

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 12:34 AM
I personally created the majority of Forest... the basic ideas and so on. Personally I think Forest should remain the way it is because there needs to be LESS kingdoms acually. I mean look how active the current kingdoms are.

Secondly... about the elections comment. No . Graal is already too corrupt as it is (in a player sense) and I can easily win a kingdom if I offer everyone a free Ring of War or 100 plat for a vote. Last time 2k2 had a vote to elect Kingdom leaders... well we have the Human Zormites who refuse to RP. So obviously voting wont work on 2k2. As for the two term system. Why in the hell? Are you saying someone as important to the pirates as Ghost Pirate should've only been leader for two terms? I think not.

GryffonDurime
10-28-2004, 01:16 AM
Yeah. That's why it's called Kingdoms.

But there in lies a key point! These people ARE NOT KINGS, QUEENS, OR MONARCHS OF ANY KIND. Their members are not their pawns- they all form a community of RPers, and it is the King or Queen's job to ensure the community is happy and active. They will do this for a while, and they will leave.

Just a little tyrate on reality vs graality

Admins
10-28-2004, 01:38 AM
From what I see, is that Forest kingdom staff are working on the new forest island, with different tiles and stuff. If the members want a new king or queen they can probably organize something and speak with the king about how to make a roleplayish turnover.

Sam
10-28-2004, 01:44 AM
Ok, that sound not bad, but all I know from talking with others is, that the chance is not very big to catch the king to talk about that.
But we will see what will happens the next weeks.

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 01:49 AM
Ok, that sound not bad, but all I know from talking with others is, that the chance is not very big to catch the king to talk about that.
But we will see what will happens the next weeks.
Forum PM... plus I'm sure he'll read the forums

Sam
10-28-2004, 02:08 AM
Orginally posted by Zurkiba
I mean look how active the current kingdoms are.
Crescent Pirates are very active. ^^

Elder Sam Schlurf

Slash-P2P
10-28-2004, 02:18 AM
How about Stefan allows servers to have archetype files and whatnot and delete Graal Kingdoms? Theres so much corruption there...

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 02:41 AM
Crescent Pirates are very active. ^^

Elder Sam Schlurf
notice how I used kingdoms
with an s...
Meaning not one.

It defeats the purpose if there is only one.

Splke
10-28-2004, 08:15 AM
Maybe you should like let the members of Forest decide that :whatever:

Maybe you should be a member before supporting, or acting to support Forest.

As for this thread, you aren't Forest, you never will be now, and I just want to let you know, I've seen most of the tiles, level( idea of it at least) and all the items made for Forest, so long as Chris is working, you can't de-throne him. Forest won't be handed to anybody but me or somebody with an actual idea of how to do GFX or had previous experiences... only reason I said me was because I'm prince

Closing, Zurki, I doubt you could win by offering just 100 plat, you'd need like.. 1 EA per vote or something, and winning like that would need support from corruption or 24/7 playing.

--Chris--
10-28-2004, 09:09 AM
Funny that someone with 11 post who I've never even seen on Graal makes this thread after I remove someone hardly capable of speaking english that was added without my approval to begin with.

There was a vote about it on more than one occasion.

I am online every day and on Graal + Forums quite frequently along with AIM + MSN just about 24/7.

Here's something to decide on:

Choice A: Screw major updates, I'll just transfer the craftable items and one tournament item, the wand shop, (maybe) use some of the new trees and a card shop for now and run Forest the way I used to.

Choice B: You continue to wait.

Sam
10-28-2004, 12:54 PM
Orginally postet by SpIkeMaybe you should be a member before supporting, or acting to support Forest.
To have and express my onw opinion I dont need to be a member of a kingdom. Thats a part of democratic live. I dont know where are you from, but I still hope for you that it is a democratic country.

Originally Posted by --Chris--
Funny that someone with 11 post who I've never even seen on Graal makes this thread after I remove someone hardly capable of speaking english that was added without my approval to begin with.

There was a vote about it on more than one occasion.

I am online every day and on Graal + Forums quite frequently along with AIM + MSN just about 24/7.

We talking about some different things.
1. Making GFX for the kingdom(s) is one. I think you make a very good job.
2. Being King of Forest.
Here are the problems: You live in one timezone, others in a another timezone.
So I think it is helpful to have not only 1 person having all rights and duties so one else can handle.
So if you would be interesed in the best for your kingdom, you would look for some people that will help you to do what have to do.
And btw: I have over 1770 online hours on GK.
And I have also never ever seen you too.

xAndrewx
10-28-2004, 01:09 PM
Only because the leader is lazy to begin with forest again, its all down to the "development", let the "development" team work on the stuff and you work on your kingdom...as a king.

Jaquet
10-28-2004, 01:25 PM

---
Kingdoms are not Representative governments, they dont elect people they wait till the next in line to the throne so that would not seem right for this server because kings and queens are not elected. And yeah I think chris should be removed because he removed calani's rank after they broke up (thats what i heard)

syltburk
10-28-2004, 01:36 PM
Lyndzey was the best =)..

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 01:40 PM
Closing, Zurki, I doubt you could win by offering just 100 plat, you'd need like.. 1 EA per vote or something, and winning like that would need support from corruption or 24/7 playing.
I live in old school 2k2... where 25 plat was acually something. And level 8 was like 'Hot Damn he has a high level'

protagonist
10-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I live in old school 2k2... where 25 plat was acually something. And level 8 was like 'Hot Damn he has a high level'

Won't it be nice when they make a new 2k2 server?

--Chris--
10-28-2004, 04:38 PM
Time-zone has nothing to do with it, the times I'm online are inconsistant. Sometimes you'd see me for a few hours at 3:00am and other times I'd be on at 3:00pm, it varies depending on my day.

Andrew duder, unfortunately, I am the development team and it's bloody hard to get the assistance I need where my skills lack.

Syltburk: Lyndzey was my RP daughter and I gave her Samurai.

Did I not leave a choice? (Again.)

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 09:06 PM
The day that happens or the day they fix 2k2 is the day I come back and start to conquer it all again :) Fun

GoZelda
10-28-2004, 09:15 PM
The day that happens or the day they fix 2k2 is the day I come back and start to conquer it all again :) Fun
Then day that happens is when hell freezes over.

Zurkiba
10-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Heard that one before :)

GryffonDurime
10-28-2004, 10:27 PM

Funny, I heard they had a blizzard in the Deep South *hinthintnudgenudge* a day or two ago over a certain baseball team.

If they can break the Curse, then Zurk can surely conquer the world

Damix2
10-28-2004, 10:31 PM
I choose option A

xAndrewx
10-29-2004, 10:03 PM
What exactly needs to be done, Dude forest is fine, It's taking years.. Just get it up and running, bring out a new shield/wand/what ever and then worry about the development..

Slash-P2P
10-29-2004, 10:24 PM
You don't need to redo everything on an island to make it great. Recolor an item and give it a different name and players will flock to it and fight over it.

zell12
10-29-2004, 11:33 PM
I really think some people are over reacting. Just wait for it to be finished. If you contune to complain, i'll have to smite you.

Loriel
10-30-2004, 11:47 AM
Only a matter of time until that one would revert to the current one's state... ?

Splke
10-30-2004, 11:56 AM
Only a matter of time until that one would revert to the current one's state... ?

Due to what? The complexity of the server allowing "glitches" and exploits of selling items?

Or due to corruption, USD, and allowance of bugs for <x days>.

Loriel
10-30-2004, 12:13 PM
Powergaming and unbalanced game mechanics.

Splke
10-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Powergaming and unbalanced game mechanics.

Powergamaing can't be stopped, but incompetance is a result of on-going, correctable game mechanics. :\

xAndrewx
10-30-2004, 03:51 PM
There is a lot of bugs.

Loriel
10-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Would it not be the other way around?

zell12
10-30-2004, 05:23 PM
It can all be fixed. Get rid of this mudlib. :/

Loriel
10-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, let's get rid of the RP system and spend the next year and a half hacking just so the yet sufficiently complicated GK contains an ad-hoc, informally-specified bug-ridden slow implementation of half of Dungeons&Dragons before we can get back to working on Graal3d (due to release in early 2003).

ReBorn_Spirit
10-31-2004, 12:11 AM
You all get off task far to easily.
All the Forest members just want a more active leader, Forest has been dead for more then a few months now. I just want to see that change.

Splke
10-31-2004, 12:14 AM
All the Forest members just want a more active leader, Forest has been dead for more then a few months now. I just want to see that change.

You and Plasma aren't "all" the Forest members. Remember that.

Loriel
10-31-2004, 01:08 AM
Clearly, this is wrong, as any Forest member who does not share your opinion will merrily confirm.
The issue that is really relevant is whether your opinion is merely wrong, or also arrogant and ridiculous.

xAndrewx
10-31-2004, 01:14 AM
Clearly, this is wrong, as any Forest member who does not share your opinion will merrily confirm.
The issue that is really relevant is whether your opinion is merely wrong, or also arrogant and ridiculous.
why did you change your signature ?:(

Loriel
10-31-2004, 01:17 AM
Because I temporarily resigned. Details on IRC.

xAndrewx
10-31-2004, 01:19 AM
Oh, You clicked on don't show signature, my mistake

Zurkiba
10-31-2004, 02:27 AM
As one of the two fathers of Forest I believe Forest is doing fine. The day the 'majority' wins is the day everything goes downhill.

GryffonDurime
10-31-2004, 08:04 AM
As one of the two fathers of Forest I believe Forest is doing fine. The day the 'majority' wins is the day everything goes downhill.

Zurkiba, your communism is showing again

Splke
10-31-2004, 12:44 PM

There's facts to support the arrogance of they're actions.

They've no idea what it takes to run a kingdom, and likely have no experience in GFX / Levels.

They have no idea of the RP aspects Chris brings to the kingdom, nor do they understand the potential he holds (if he would get some support from Jagen / Stefan).

They misunderstand the situation, Forest is currently being worked on, re-vamped soon... I don't believe it's fair to consider Chris out of the picture, as he is the only reason Forest still has a RP [ish] picture.

Zurkiba
10-31-2004, 03:05 PM
Zurkiba, your communism is showing again
Communism is where everyone is the same... which could be translated as majority.

I'm an Iron-fisted Dictator when it comes to government :).. apparently it works.

zell12
10-31-2004, 07:14 PM
People want a more active leader? You should instead ask to help Chris if he needs any help, offer ideas. You can't have a leader if there is nothing to lead.

--Chris--
10-31-2004, 09:12 PM
I'm just gonna get the items transfer and run things like normal. Zzz...where's Stefan when I need 'em ;(

calani
10-31-2004, 09:25 PM
This is pathetic. You decide to do something only after your position as king of Forest is threatened. Way to go. *thumbs up*

Zurkiba
10-31-2004, 09:37 PM
This is pathetic. You decide to do something only after your position as king of Forest is threatened. Way to go. *thumbs up*
I hardly call it threatened.

--Chris--
10-31-2004, 10:11 PM
Threatened? This is a joke.
What about you ma'am? Why haven't you done anything with the rights I gave you MONTHS ago? Oh, you only decided to as some attempt out of hurt to spite me after I ended our relationship a week ago, that's right :) Get a life.

zell12
10-31-2004, 11:23 PM
Chris isn't threatened. I know how he feels really. You have alot of people saying things, and you don't want that to happen. *Remembers Mithica* :(

Anyway, Chris, I think you should contune to work on the new levels, and get some help? *hint hint*

Splke
11-01-2004, 03:13 AM
Draaaaaama.

Zurkiba
11-01-2004, 04:49 AM
Draaaaaama.
He's my man now *snap snap* Uuhhhhh Hhhuuhhh

Splke
11-01-2004, 09:37 AM
He's my man now *snap snap* Uuhhhhh Hhhuuhhh

-slaps- Who does he always ask to cybercomb him huh?!

xAndrewx
11-01-2004, 11:49 AM
What about you ma'am? Why haven't you done anything with the rights I gave you MONTHS ago? Oh, you only decided to as some attempt out of hurt to spite me after I ended our relationship a week ago, that's right :) Get a life.
Don't bring internet relationships into this please. We don't need to know any of this. And thank you for acting.

zell12
11-01-2004, 01:51 PM
Snake he didn't describe his relationship. He mentioned the werd dawg. Werd up G.

--Chris--
11-01-2004, 02:57 PM
xAndrewx, stop thinking with your foot.

That was the reason I gave her rights in the first place and it's blatant that it's the reason behind her negativity. You're so bloody unthought and ignorant when you post.

Edit: Oh and Argo, Zen is my real cybercomb daddy :redface:

xAndrewx
11-01-2004, 03:24 PM
I just want forest ****ing finished like everyone else.

Emily_Cruddas
11-01-2004, 07:47 PM
I'm sure he did mention needing stefans help before he can andrew?

Stefan is very busy with G3D and possibly one or two other tasks. (Zone still? I have no info about that server) :cool:

Crono
11-01-2004, 08:59 PM

u jus pwned her man1!

Splke
11-01-2004, 11:20 PM
u jus pwned her man1!

u just quoted tha 1 l81111

zell12
11-01-2004, 11:29 PM
Wow spike. Spam some more you doofus.

Splke
11-01-2004, 11:34 PM
Wow spike. Spam some more you doofus.

Post count is hard to get now Excal <3

--Chris--
11-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Stop spamming up my internet >:O
I'm closing this thread if it continues.

Splke
11-02-2004, 01:23 AM
Stop spamming up my internet >:O
I'm closing this thread if it continues.

How dare thee. Okay <3

xAndrewx
11-03-2004, 10:02 PM
Its funny, I thought stefan had his development team, don't kingdom owners hire them?
I know a **** load of nats, such as Danial.

Zurkiba
11-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Its funny, I thought stefan had his development team, don't kingdom owners hire them?
I know a **** load of nats, such as Danial.
Stefan has armies of Global staffers who do his bidding.

Acually in all reality... Graal is a player made game, which is why it's so addictive.

Crono
11-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Acually in all reality... Graal is a player made game, which is why it's so addictive.

Exactly, and yet we get kicked around as if THEY'RE THE ONES keeping the game alive.

zell12
11-04-2004, 01:28 AM
But they are keeping it alive.

Crono
11-04-2004, 02:37 AM
But they are keeping it alive.

But we're not dependent on Graal, they're dependent on us.

zell12
11-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Well, it is really dependant on both.

Lance
11-04-2004, 10:47 PM
From what I see, is that Forest kingdom staff are working on the new forest island, with different tiles and stuff. If the members want a new king or queen they can probably organize something and speak with the king about how to make a roleplayish turnover.

This would have been nice a little earlier. You know, when I actually led a kingdom and had made plans to move on, but was prematurely terminated due to the abuse of a kingdom-gui bug which I believe still hasn't been fixed...

To the rest of you: Stop the spam, and please don't insult people as a result of a change in your relationship with them.

xAndrewx
11-07-2004, 10:49 AM
Lance, Help him or remove him please. We want forest.

Zurkiba
11-07-2004, 04:10 PM
Lance, Help him or remove him please. We want forest.
You have Forest... you just have to wait for it to release.

It's kind of like how I want 2k1 but I have to wait.

--Chris--
11-08-2004, 03:38 AM
Help me? I'm just waiting on Stefan to transfer wandshop and crafting levels with the bow.

Can you possibly make yourself look like a bigger...
Ignorant.

xAndrewx
11-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Say as you want chris, Forest is doing nothing as you being leader. Calani was better

Zurkiba
11-09-2004, 12:43 AM
Say as you want chris, Forest is doing nothing as you being leader. Calani was better
Zurkiba was better than all ;)

And Chris has personally showed me some stuff he's going to submit soon. He's working... yall are complaining. So how about this idea...

You let Forest get done and you be a nice ol member. Or you just quit.

Personally you should thank Chris for not coming forth and destroying you with an Iron Fist... which is what I would've done ;)

--Chris--
11-09-2004, 01:51 AM
If you want to know exactly what I'm waiting to be transfered it's:

All of the insideforest_joinery#.nw levels, insideforest_shop_wand.nw, forest_ae-13.nw and the arches for the forest bow (forestbow) and forest wand (forestwand) along with graphics. There will also be a tournament glove or cloak.

Stefan will be on debug tomorrow so hopefully then it can be done. I'll try to get a card shop done tonight.

Andrew: Um..Calani was better? When exactly did this happen?

Splke
11-09-2004, 03:59 AM
Calani never ran Forest. That would of been something simular to me running... set_mode WARKJPLS. :]

Anyways.. wait for Forest, you are not getting it from Chris, and even if some divine intervention happened and he got it taken away / gave it up, I would get Forest, and that would be.. well, for a lack of better words, RP Hell. -fronts his large RP ego-

Zurkiba
11-09-2004, 04:29 AM
Calani never ran Forest. That would of been something simular to me running... set_mode WARKJPLS. :]

Anyways.. wait for Forest, you are not getting it from Chris, and even if some divine intervention happened and he got it taken away / gave it up, I would get Forest, and that would be.. well, for a lack of better words, RP Hell. -fronts his large RP ego-
I think I should get it... I need to conquer something ;)

Splke
11-09-2004, 06:10 PM
I think I should get it... I need to conquer something ;)

I wouldn't object to that at all. :]

Zurkiba
11-09-2004, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't object to that at all. :]
You're no fun... :( I was going to conquer you with politics and stuff.

Now I dont want Forest :(

zell12
11-09-2004, 09:44 PM
GK sux m4n lawl

Splke
11-09-2004, 11:00 PM
You're no fun... :( I was going to conquer you with politics and stuff.

Now I dont want Forest :(

My plan worked perfectly. :]

xAndrewx
11-12-2004, 09:39 AM
So forest is back soon?
And when she could hire people,

Zurkiba
11-12-2004, 03:32 PM
So forest is back soon?
And when she could hire people,
What?

Splke