PDA

View Full Version : RC Improvements!

Slash-P2P
10-23-2004, 04:35 PM
I used paint and copied and pasted some screenshots of windows blah blah, and made these modified RC pictures. In the before picture we have 5 RCs open and clogging the screen. In my after picture I used tabs to combine them all into 1 RC. I added a Log out -> Server also. In the server list, there is a option to show all servers, or only ones you are staff on. I was going to add check boxes for multiple server connecting at once, but I already spent about an hour on these. Take a look and tell me what you think...Maybe these could be added to the new RC...Oh and don't comment how the fonts dont match and blah blah..I just want to show the idea.

Loriel
10-23-2004, 05:03 PM
I also have some suggestions
I used paint
Use gimp (http://www.gimp.org).
In the before picture we have 5 RCs open and clogging the screen.
You could close some of them, or at least minimise them while you work.

In my after picture I used tabs to combine them all into 1 RC.
Tabs would be quite unspectacularly deny me the ability to watch multiple RC chats at once.

In the server list, there is a option to show all servers, or only ones you are staff on.
I suggest you keep `` Don't save password '' checked.

Slash-P2P
10-23-2004, 05:07 PM
You could close some of them, or at least minimise them while you work.
I do. I was showing a point with the 5 RCs open.

Tabs would be quite unspectacularly deny me the ability to watch multiple RC chats at once.
You suggest closing/minimizing them and say tabs don't help you watch all the RCs at once? Normally I'm not active on all 5 RCs at once. Maybe 2 or 3 servers at once I'm involved in the RC Chat.

I suggest you keep `` Don't save password '' checked.
One thing I always wondered about that was, what about a hidden keylogger? Wouldn't that just post your password even more?

Use gimp.
GIMP is nice :cool:

Loriel
10-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I do. I was showing a point with the 5 RCs open.
I do not think there is any reason to prove some hypothetical, unrealistic points.

You suggest closing/minimizing them and say tabs don't help you watch all the RCs at once?
Yes. Apparently you were suggesting tabs as a superior alternative, which they are not. I point out how they suffer from the same deficiency as simpler solutions.

One thing I always wondered about that was, what about a hidden keylogger? Wouldn't that just post your password even more?
A hidden keylogger certainly decreases your security. However, that is slightly offtopic.

Slash-P2P
10-23-2004, 05:52 PM
Yes. Apparently you were suggesting tabs as a superior alternative, which they are not. I point out how they suffer from the same deficiency as simpler solutions.

Tabs would be simple for me to use. Maybe there could be an ALL SERVERS tab that shows the rc chat of all servers that you are connected to?
Such as
<Server> Name: Text

haro41
10-23-2004, 08:53 PM
i have a better idea. quit all your jobs except one and give your manager the respect he deserves you jerk. multistaffing is the reason playerworlds fail.

Darlene159
10-23-2004, 09:20 PM
I like the tab idea...it's alot neater
I like the PW list idea also, even if you are only staff on one server, it's a pain to scroll down the entire list to find it

Slash-P2P
10-23-2004, 11:19 PM
i have a better idea. quit all your jobs except one and give your manager the respect he deserves you jerk. multistaffing is the reason playerworlds fail.

Well lets see...
Futura: Abandoned
Elemental Kingdoms: Getting abandoned I think...
Bravo Evolved: Abandoned (may be coming back...)
Codename Element: 99% of my time goes there.
Eternal: I help out :cool:

And what about those rich kids who buy a Development server? The tabs might be useful for switching back and forth copying NPCs.

I like the PW list idea also, even if you are only staff on one server, it's a pain to scroll down the entire list to find it

Thank you ^^

Crono
10-23-2004, 11:52 PM
It's an ok idea, but there are more important matters to be taken care of.

Loriel
10-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Futura: Abandoned
Bravo Evolved: Abandoned
Well, let's blame you for this?

Slash-P2P
10-24-2004, 01:57 AM
Well, let's blame you for this?

No.

Dach
10-24-2004, 05:59 AM
Stop trolling on this topic, it's annoying. Not every staffmember has to be fully dedicated to one server.

haro41
10-24-2004, 09:15 AM
of course they dont, but you can bet i would never hire anyone of their kind. and neither should anyone else.

zell12
10-24-2004, 05:21 PM
You shouldn't be staff on that many servers (I was before, and it was stupid) and you shouldn't even have all of them open. There is no reason for it.

As for the improvement, its cool. ;)

Slash-P2P
10-24-2004, 09:30 PM
I have like 5 RCs because I help out for a little bit on some. I'm not a huge multistaffing loser, haro.

haro41
10-25-2004, 07:05 PM
I never said you were a loser, im just saying its unfair to servers that you work for. You know how hard it is to make it to classic. Hardly any do it. And the main reason is because staff just arent dedicated.

anyway i think there could be improvements to RC as well.
A better way to backup weapon scripts, classes, or maybe a one button backup system for level 4 RC's.
And replacing files on the server is hit or miss. I know some file types re-download when you update them, but others do not. Perhaps make it so when something is downloaded it will automitically know if it matches the uploaded file.

xAndrewx
10-25-2004, 07:45 PM
I dont like the staff list idea... Reason would be lagging each server everytime someone has that clicked...It would need to run though the server options x_x

Spark910
10-25-2004, 08:04 PM
Tabs should be an option and the staff thing would be hard to add I think, and lag as said above. It could view your adminworld - but that would only work for the Admin-Playerworld accounts.

Slash-P2P
10-25-2004, 09:28 PM
The list showing all the servers you are staff on could work if there was a way to export all the servers a person is staff on somewhere so every server doesnt need to be queryed (sp?). Such as every time the staff= option in the server options is updated, there will be a certain file on the graal main server or whatever that holds the account, and adds/removes the servers name. The option thing would query that list.

For tabs, the tabs would be an option as well as only appear if you are connected to more than one server at once.

Maybe there could be a text box in the first menu for Connect To This Server: or something. If you don't know what I mean, say I type 'Codename Element', it would send me directly there once I click Connect.

My opinion about haro's ideas:
The scripts folder should have subfolders for classes, weapons, and npcs from the npc list.
A backup package button. Level 4 RC clicks it, a file is added that can be loaded onto the gserver easily and certain parts could be selected to backup/upload or something. A real example of this would be saving/loading your buddy list on AIM.

Malinko
10-26-2004, 05:31 PM
Not if your playerworld is at the top of the list ;).

haro41
10-26-2004, 06:03 PM
or at the bottom ^^

Alexander
10-27-2004, 05:46 AM
orrrrrrrr on the first page

xAndrewx
10-27-2004, 04:16 PM
u think u look kool having ## rcs open? you need to get a life if you work on that many servers..

Slash-P2P
10-27-2004, 09:23 PM
u think u look kool having ## rcs open? you need to get a life if you work on that many servers..

Did I say I looked 'kool'?
No.

Do I have a life besides Graal?
Yes.

Do I work on that many servers?
Read the above posts, idiot. like 3 are abandoned, and I HELP OUT. I come on once in a long time and see if the servers have problems and try to help them.

xAndrewx
10-27-2004, 11:11 PM
from past experiences i noticed the more servers i worked for the more i got addicted, i'm surprised it hasn't showed up here..
sorry

Slash-P2P
10-28-2004, 12:47 AM
from past experiences i noticed the more servers i worked for the more i got addicted, i'm surprised it hasn't showed up here..
sorry

It's ok but honestly, I only went on all the RCs at once to show a cluttered screen. I work on Element. I'm talking to some old Bravo staff about Bravo coming back (don't ask and bring this off topic). And I like quality in servers. I like to help them out so they don't fail. Less servers is nice but if people are paying, they should get something nice for what they pay for.

syltburk
10-28-2004, 08:17 AM
You know what? I was thinking the same..

Slash-P2P
10-28-2004, 07:24 PM
Lets keep this on topic, Good improvements or bad?

falco10291029
11-13-2004, 02:50 AM

Anyone who thinks we are abandoned and whatnot is an idiot. We have just added at least 3 new things and more are i ndevelopment. You probably wrote this on a day when no one was on, buyt whatever. We're fine for now, and hope to see Classic within a year, depends on if staff actually works. As of late, i ahve been doing a lot of work, and am getting very little in the way of help. I am....not the most productive person, so I obviously won't be adding 50 systems a week like Slash has been doing, but i will do what I can.

Slash-P2P
11-13-2004, 03:29 AM
You probably wrote this on a day when no one was on, buyt whatever.

I wrote that on the MONTH when no one was on.

falco10291029
11-13-2004, 04:56 AM
I wrote that on the MONTH when no one was on.

I am absolutely sure that there was never a month whne no one was on. All playerworlds have their slow times. Look at all of the 0 playercounts. Not all of them are going to be abandoned or are already.

Slash-P2P
11-13-2004, 05:40 AM
I am absolutely sure that there was never a month whne no one was on. All playerworlds have their slow times. Look at all of the 0 playercounts. Not all of them are going to be abandoned or are already.

Most of them are abandoned.

Zickle
12-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Okay dudes, you guys are being rude. Chill, it was just his idea. No need to start an argument. (That should not be responded to, it should be accepted)

ON TOPIC:
Hey! Its a great idea, but I'm a gui-freak so I think the tabs should match the RC window gui. But besides that its a great idea, expecially the serverlist view option, I HATE having to scroll to find one playerworld.

Kaimetsu
12-10-2004, 03:27 PM
Pointless suggestion. People shouldn't be on a million RCs at once.

Besides, it wouldn't work with the new scripted RC.

Slash-P2P
12-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Pointless suggestion. People shouldn't be on a million RCs at once.

Besides, it wouldn't work with the new scripted RC.

Sometimes I do need to be on more than 1 RC at once. It would benefit me.

ON TOPIC:
Hey! Its a great idea, but I'm a gui-freak so I think the tabs should match the RC window gui. But besides that its a great idea, expecially the serverlist view option, I HATE having to scroll to find one playerworld.

I didn't spend time making the buttons match, I was just trying to show my idea, although I do agree with the tabs matching the RC.

Doahh_p2p
12-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Wouldn't the show server's your staff on make it easier for hackers with another persons account?