PDA

View Full Version : Forum improvement - private kingdom forums -please-

busyrobot
10-23-2004, 01:35 AM
It is good to have public forums for each kingdom, but it would really really help to have a private one too that only kingdom members could access.

Even if it was not tied to the kingdom database, but allowed section admins to manually add people then it would be okay.

Really, any private forum area system would be really good.

There have been lots of times where I want to ask people 'so and so wants to join has anyone heard if they are a scammer/etc' and it would really not work in a public forum.

The last thing I want is to ask that question and have 5 of the guys friends who are not even members flame it, along with a few kingdom enemies piping in how 'well that kingdom just sucks' to turn any conversation into a flamewar.

So - is there any way to add this feature? Lots of forums out there have them.

I know there are a few admin only areas, does this forum software support groups? I think it would really improve kingdom management to be able to have that feature.

Spark910
10-23-2004, 03:23 AM
It would require someone to constantly update the groups (well, add new people and remove them :\ )

Scott
10-23-2004, 03:31 AM
It would require someone to constantly update the groups (well, add new people and remove them :\ )
Perhaps only bi-weekly updates? I mean, god forbid the forum administration do work!

haro41
10-23-2004, 04:31 AM
considering they arent getting compensated for what they are doing now you cant expect much more.

zell12
10-23-2004, 06:21 AM
Compensated? It is volunteer work. And they must enjoy what they do or they wouldn't do it?

Who am I kidding anyway? They are our slaves and we force them to abide by our rules or they face long punishment. Muhahahaha

:):):):rolleyes:

busyrobot
10-23-2004, 09:07 AM

Why not let the kingdom mods have the capacity to manage the groups applicable to thier own kingdom?

I don't think it would need to weigh on the admins' workload at all.

ZanderX
10-25-2004, 09:36 AM
Why not let the kingdom mods have the capacity to manage the groups applicable to thier own kingdom?

Because that isn't exactly possibly in vB3. The closest possible thing is access masks, which simply wouldn't work.

Kaimetsu
10-25-2004, 06:42 PM
Your best chance would be to talk to Robert (MagicalTux (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/member.php?u=3146)) about it. He might be able to hack together some system by which the game server talks to the board, although he probably wouldn't consider it worthwhile unless kingdoms are set to play a big part in G3D.