PDA

View Full Version : uninstalling graal

ZEROBEAT
10-10-2004, 06:02 PM
how? its not in the add/remove programs list...

any help would be appreciated.

solution here (http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1013620#post1013620) --loriel

Loriel
10-10-2004, 06:04 PM
You do not want to uninstall Graal. *waves hand*

ZEROBEAT
10-10-2004, 06:07 PM
yes i do it sucks...

Darlene159
10-10-2004, 06:32 PM
You do not want to uninstall Graal. *waves hand*Not your choice to make,not everyone is going to like Graal.... try helping?

Zerobeat, I will look and see how it is suppose to be done

<Edit>Run the setup program that comes with graal, and when it gets to the part to choose what you want to install, click on where it says keep, install, etc....until all of them are on unistall <Edit>

Loriel
10-10-2004, 10:03 PM
<Edit>Run the setup program that comes with graal, and when it gets to the part to choose what you want to install, click on where it says keep, install, etc....until all of them are on unistall <Edit>
Are you certain that this will remove the relevant registry entries?

Spark910
10-11-2004, 12:48 AM
Are you certain that this will remove the relevant registry entries?

Unless you know another way to do so, without manually deleting the registry keys, your not helping no doubt.

Darlene159
10-11-2004, 01:32 AM
Are you certain that this will remove the relevant registry entries?No, I dont mess with the registry entries, nor do most people..this is the only way I know to uninstall Graal

Scott
10-11-2004, 01:58 AM
Not your choice to make,not everyone is going to like Graal.... try helping?

Get a sense of humor.

Also, Zerobeat, I have always just deleted the Graal directory itself to get rid of Graal.

Darlene159
10-11-2004, 03:33 AM
Get a sense of humor.
Someone said something funny?

I think he may have already deleted everything, he hasnt posted again x.x

Leasure-13
10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
People these days. Someone ask's for a little bit of help, and someone trys to help and everyone gets all wound up about it.

Slash-P2P
10-11-2004, 05:22 AM
ANSWER HERE

How to remove registry entries:
(If you don't know the difference between your registry, and a cash register, I don't recommend doing this)

Click your Start button
Click the Run button
Type "regedit" in the box
Click OK or press Enter/Return
A window will come up, click HKEY_USERS on the left in the tree view.
Click through the folders that come up. Your registry keys should be in the longest named one.
Go to Software
Highlight the "Graal" folder
Right click on the Graal folder
Click delete

As for your graal folder, go to where you installed it. (default C: \graal2001\) then delete that folder. If you clicked start menu items, go into your start menu and delete those as well as desktop shortcuts.

Scott
10-11-2004, 06:14 AM
Someone said something funny?

Ya. Loriel was reffering to Star Wars. It was all in good humor.

zell12
10-11-2004, 06:58 AM
He was in his first post. Darlene was referring to his second post. God Scott, you are sooooo dummbbbb... nawwwww nananananana :p :rolleyes:

Scott
10-11-2004, 08:14 AM
He was in his first post. Darlene was referring to his second post. God Scott, you are sooooo dummbbbb... nawwwww nananananana :p :rolleyes:
Are you a bloody *****?

You do not want to uninstall Graal. *waves hand*
Not your choice to make,not everyone is going to like Graal.... try helping?

Excalibur, don't even bother.

Loriel
10-11-2004, 02:43 PM
Unless you know another way to do so, without manually deleting the registry keys, your not helping no doubt.

Other than that, nothing wrong with manually deleting registry keys.
HKEY_(LOCAL_MACHINE|CURRENT_USER)/Software/Graal or so it should be.

Raelyn
10-11-2004, 03:20 PM
How to remove registry entries:
(If you don't know the difference between your registry, and a cash register, I don't recommend doing this)

Click your Start button
Click the Run button
Type "regedit" in the box
Click OK or press Enter/Return
A window will come up, click HKEY_USERS on the left in the tree view.
Click through the folders that come up. Your registry keys should be in the longest named one.
Go to Software
Highlight the "Graal" folder
Right click on the Graal folder
Click delete

As for your graal folder, go to where you installed it. (default C: \graal2001\) then delete that folder. If you clicked start menu items, go into your start menu and delete those as well as desktop shortcuts.

It's not a difficult task people, I know graal doesn't come with a "easy to use" handy dandy uninstaller, or apply itself to the add/remove programs, but christ... as per slash's complete answer to the question, close the thread before it invokes flaming.

(Note: This is a windows based uninstall, linux users don't have to ask someone else how to use their own machines, so a linux version of this answer need not be provided.)

Darlene159
10-11-2004, 03:32 PM
Answer was given.
closed