PDA

View Full Version : Why are updates so few and far between?

cutelilmurderer
10-09-2004, 08:18 PM
I love GK but i would like a lot more updates. Do stefan and --chris-- only work on Era now? thats what i heard. i also heard that almost nothing leaves the test server for GK.

There are silly little bugs that haven't been adressed and its been so long overdue. There is still a shop (bread bakery near the ferry landing) that you cannot spawn into and this bug has been there since the town was created. No one recruits for FOREST anymore. I've seen the "Queen" of forest on (calani) but she can't recruit.

Whats the deal guys? I need a little hope here. Don't get me wrong the ALCHEMY SYSTEM update was awesome great! I'm so glad it has finally been made into something so tangeable.

It's just that sometimes when im wandering the map (the ice crown area) i get these black lines going through the screen and then i wind up in a place that looks half grass half water and i cant move.

Far to the midwest of the map (main) it's constantly raining. Why hasn't rain been fully implemented? Or better yet why was it removed? Last year on kingdoms around this time we had a huge halloween event where the sky was dark. Why not just implement the day/night system again. My kindlewood and torches seem useless (unless its for the sake of alchemy) to me.

Someone please help me out. I don't been to sound too 'complainy' but I feel as if im getting fed up with GK. I dont like any of the other servers as much as kingdoms and it is the only reason I play anymore.

So please, PLEASE answer some of my questions!

Mykel
10-09-2004, 08:32 PM
I don't play GK, but I would bargain to say G3D is the root of your problem(s).

cutelilmurderer
10-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Recently I've played many other MMOG looking for ideas.

Then I decided maybe I should check out a few console games for ideas to implement into GRAAL KINGDOMS. Many of which were GameBoy Advanced titles such as ShiningSoul2 with a similar engine to GK.

I played Fable (xbox) and StarWars Battlefront (PC). But somehow I was not satisfied so I came back to my computer and paid for another three months of Graal Gold/VIP. But I came back from these games to find that many of the bugs are still relative. I had even purchased some older games I had already played previously.

Thus, a million and one ideas formed in my head. Graal Kingdoms is not mine. I have so many ideas and so many new points of view. Some of the Older players in GK need challenges and the newer players need malleability. Anyways I created this topic in hopes for updating. If you want to know anything or specific details on my request please say so. If you do not care about my opinions --chris-- or stefan please also say so. We all need a change in pace.

Perhaps an island with extremely hard/tough monsters and no Havens/shops in sight? More common drops? I would appreciate and feedback at all.

Zero Hour
10-09-2004, 08:50 PM
It's nice how easy ideas are to make, and how hard it is to produce them.

cutelilmurderer
10-10-2004, 02:40 AM
I'm willing to help. I just need someone to give me the time of day. I get so frustrated. I almost bought a server today... but my friend told me stefan would never approve of my borrowing of his scripts.

busyrobot
10-10-2004, 04:34 AM
I'm willing to help. I just need someone to give me the time of day. I get so frustrated. I almost bought a server today... but my friend told me stefan would never approve of my borrowing of his scripts.

Well, if you really want to help, I would recommend first, make a thread in the suggestions area of a new idea, something small that you could contribute to.

I don't know about your gfx or lvl design skills, but even if you are good at scripting you won't have access to GK's mudlib system and the base classes to do too much unless you do get access down the road.

So, think of something you can do, perhaps gfx for items, tiles and .nw lvls for a dungeon - small and practical is the key.

If people like the idea in the suggestions area, make some gfx, some lvls for a dungeon, take the time to produce some good, quality results.

The thing is, the number of people who think they'd do so much work far outnumber those who actually would do hard work.

I have lots of unfinished gk projects myself, and with the way work is going irl it may take me awhile. When I was king of dustari I recruited a number of lats and scripters, and never had one (not even small) project finished for upload. It is really frustrating to invest time in helping someone get into the position that they can help in...then have them always too busy.

If you want to contribute - demonstrate that you have the capacity in skills, time, and determination to see it through. When you have taken a project, refined it to the point that people like it and would like to see it added, THEN put the time into the contributions you can make - if the staff like it they will help with the parts you cannot do.

Putting time into something is no guarrantee that it will be added or that anyone will help you bring the project to a higher completion level, but I honestly believe that it is the best to get the time of day you need to contribute to the server.

Zero Hour
10-10-2004, 04:55 AM
Yes, and if you put your time into it, and it never gets accepted... it's crushing.

LordMatt
10-10-2004, 05:05 AM
It's just that sometimes when im wandering the map (the ice crown area) i get these black lines going through the screen and then i wind up in a place that looks half grass half water and i cant move.

UGH I GET THAT ALL THE TIME

GoZelda
10-10-2004, 12:33 PM
It's the same up here. Heck, I once send in some GFX, but they were neglected. Even though they were far better then the new alchemy item GFX which just are cheap recolors.

Zero Hour
10-10-2004, 03:07 PM
It's the same up here. Heck, I once send in some GFX, but they were neglected. Even though they were far better then the new alchemy item GFX which just are cheap recolors.

Screw you, those helmets are unique, and the colors (for the most part) are dead sexy. I made those "cheap recolors" So what if I'm lazy, you are too.

GoZelda
10-10-2004, 04:02 PM
I made those "cheap recolors"
Did I say cheap? I ofcourse meant dead sexy.

So what if I'm lazy, you are too.
I know =[