PDA

View Full Version : if player has a pm

Slash-P2P
10-08-2004, 04:56 AM
Currently, enablefeatures allows the PM icons on the minimap to be hidden.
There should be a way to check if the player has a pm in a script.

Example of how you could use it:

if (haspm) {
say2 Hello #a,#bYou received a PM from #p(1).;
}

Param 1: Account
Param 2: Nickname

Anyone else agree that would be useful?

haro41
10-08-2004, 05:17 AM
or even better play a sound. so if you happen to be playing in full screen mode and couldnt see the playerlist

Cybnext
10-08-2004, 05:51 AM
Param 3: message

Loriel
10-08-2004, 09:53 AM
Param 3: message
I certainly do not want some strange playerworld's scripts to be able to read my PMs...

Kaimetsu
10-08-2004, 01:52 PM
I certainly do not want some strange playerworld's scripts to be able to read my PMs...

Aren't PMs going to be entirely scripted under GS2?

Spark910
10-08-2004, 02:42 PM

Possible nice security issue there ^^ (With Param 3)

Loriel
10-08-2004, 04:20 PM
Aren't PMs going to be entirely scripted under GS2?
One more reason not to leave RC ever again!

Spark910
10-08-2004, 07:23 PM
G3D Client has a sound, maybe it will be added to normal client too.

Slash-P2P
10-08-2004, 09:01 PM
I didn't say message because that would destroy the point of Private Messages. As for the sound, that could be scripted.

if (haspm) {
play chest.wav;
}

Spark:
Let people script the sound playing. I don't like the sound thing on the Graal3D client because that chest sound annoys me. Maybe add an on/off option for it or even let players select the sound they hear?

xAndrewx
10-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't play graal with sound. Sound's crap ;o

Slash-P2P
10-09-2004, 03:02 AM
I don't play graal with sound. Sound's crap ;o

Let me guess, you have a 5.1 digital surround sound system hooked up to your computer too right?

xAndrewx
10-09-2004, 10:18 AM
I listen to CD'S/Radio, I never have sound's on for graal. Never liked them, Annoying x_x

Emily_Cruddas
10-09-2004, 05:48 PM
And that could lead to sound spamming.

"omg that guy annoys me everyone PM him and laff!"

*annoying guy gets 100 PM's* "What the hell????"

Then folks would just turn it off or not want it anymore.

Slash-P2P
10-09-2004, 07:39 PM

"omg that guy annoys me everyone PM him and laff!"

*annoying guy gets 100 PM's* "What the hell????"

Then folks would just turn it off or not want it anymore.

You know you can turn off your sound right?
And if someone is on a trial account, they can only send 1 per 60 seconds, if someone spams on a classic account - BANNED.

Dach
10-10-2004, 04:04 AM

if (actionpm) {
if (!timevar==this.lastpm) {
this.lastpm = timevar;
play pm.wav;
}
}

bef
10-11-2004, 01:52 AM
I listen to CD'S/Radio, I never have sound's on for graal. Never liked them, Annoying x_x

Yeah I do the same thing aswell... Although this idea is actually pretty cool.

I never ever play in fullscreen mode 'cause I'm always doing numerous things at the same time but if people have a problem and theres a simple way to fix it; fix it :D

Slash-P2P
10-11-2004, 04:15 AM
{a script}

It shouldnt be actionpm. Then couldnt a triggeraction call it and be abused?

Loriel
10-11-2004, 01:41 PM
It shouldnt be actionpm. Then couldnt a triggeraction call it and be abused?
And everything else can be abused with callnpc or callweapon.

Raelyn
10-11-2004, 02:44 PM
Currently, enablefeatures allows the PM icons on the minimap to be hidden.
There should be a way to check if the player has a pm in a script.

Example of how you could use it:

if (haspm) {
say2 Hello #a,#bYou received a PM from #p(1).;
}

Param 1: Account
Param 2: Nickname

Anyone else agree that would be useful?

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53653

This has already been discussed, the simple answer is, the current graal engine is done. Don't expect anything to be changed to the current graal client.

It is simply little more that a way to keep you a content, paying customer until Graal3D is in full release, the new client will likely replace the current for both graal3D and connecting to classic servers.

This thread should be closed in light of the fact that there is already one with the same content, if you have further PM enhancement to discuss, find the old thread and add your 2 rupees. Making a new thread is unnessesary.

Admins
10-20-2004, 03:21 PM
v3.1 has a new scripted Playerlist. On servers using the new scripting engine it can be replaced by an own script. Currently I am working on making it possible to draw the Graal Kingdoms heads+hairs on the playerlist.

Slash-P2P
10-20-2004, 10:26 PM
v3.1 has a new scripted Playerlist. On servers using the new scripting engine it can be replaced by an own script. Currently I am working on making it possible to draw the Graal Kingdoms heads+hairs on the playerlist.

So for the servers with custom bodies, we can script a playerlist that supports the heads in a way? Such as making separate and smaller images of the heads :-P

Be sure to make a tutorial on scripting your own playerlist.

Please enable 3.1 on Codename Element so I can use my Graal3d client ^^

Admins
10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
When the script creates a list control it can specify the size of the icon and draw into it, so you can also draw the full player although that might make the list quite big :)

Slash-P2P
10-21-2004, 04:23 PM
When the script creates a list control it can specify the size of the icon and draw into it, so you can also draw the full player although that might make the list quite big :)

Sounds interesting, but back to the main topic of my thread, will there be a script command such as haspm?

Dach
10-21-2004, 06:18 PM
aslong as I can make npc AI intended to act as a player use pms like a player, I'll be happy

Kaimetsu
10-21-2004, 08:06 PM
Sounds interesting, but back to the main topic of my thread, will there be a script command such as haspm?

Just wait for the new engine, dude.