PDA

View Full Version : Lack of RP uh huh?

sarah_nightshade
09-16-2004, 04:06 PM
my degree in rpg is vtm table top and pen and paper and yahoo some for d&d soeveryone needs to stop saying i dont know how to rp this is mainly directed to some poeple in kj to tell me to learn how to rp and its aslo directed to dustari

signed Sinai 4 Gen Assamite

and with attached char sheet

missing a few descplins thoe

GoZelda
09-16-2004, 07:54 PM
my degree in rpg is vtm table top and pen and paper and yahoo some for d&d soeveryone needs to stop saying i dont know how to rp this is mainly directed to some poeple in kj to tell me to learn how to rp and its aslo directed to dustari

poeple dont see taklign liek tihs is condisered Rp =O

Splke
09-16-2004, 08:29 PM
Also.. D&D is hardly a form or RPing... it's geeks sitting around a table orgasiming to their +5 Battle Axe.

Learn to talk, learn to spell, grammar also, then you can learn to RP.

Also, I can't view your attachment, so...

sarah_nightshade
09-17-2004, 12:26 AM
D&D and VTM was the first RP's so it is the fundation and shut up bout my spelling i wishj it was legal to go ouytr and get youy and bang your head agiast the concrete cuz you do not deserve to be flawless you deserve Autism

Shaman_King
09-17-2004, 03:12 AM
D&D and VTM was the first RP's so it is the fundation and shut up bout my spelling i wishj it was legal to go ouytr and get youy and bang your head agiast the concrete cuz you do not deserve to be flawless you deserve Autism

What's a "Fundation"?
:eek: SPELL CHECK!!

Zero Hour
09-17-2004, 03:13 AM
He is autistic, cut him some slack. But on the other hand that doesn't make suggestions such as "Smashing their head on the concrete" right, as right as it may feel to you. Perhaps they feel the same about you? Perhaps you should consider the effects that would have on their life, if it didn't end it, rather than how good it would make you feel.

Butz
09-17-2004, 05:26 AM
Role-playing ability in Dungeons and Dragons does not equal Role Playing ability in Graal.
D&D limits a lot of the actions a character can perform by dice rolls and discipline checks.
Graal's roleplay system is considered Freeform. Freeform roleplay is less structured, but it also means that it takes a bit of extra work on the part of everyone involved to make it work correctly. Graal's RP system is much more spur of the moment, and is about reacting and thinking as your character, and not following any sort of specific ruleset.

Nidonemo
09-17-2004, 11:00 AM
Roleplaying comes from within, from the deepest corridors of the mind. It comes from imagination, story, plot, characters. Roleplaying is taking your very being and placing it into an entirely different person's body. Taking on a new face. Placing on a mask so to speak. A roll of the dice only controls movement and action. Roleplaying expands beyond all that. It goes farther and deeper than the playing field. It's from the heart.

Nappa
09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
3 words sum this up. w.t.f.

GryffonDurime
09-17-2004, 11:16 PM
Roleplaying is acting.

Roleplaying is writing a story with an entire myriad of authors.

Roleplaying is the intrinsic motivation to imagine, and to be.

Roleplaying is NOT tossing an oversized die around and saying you win because you rolled a natural twenty.

Monkeyboy_McGee
09-18-2004, 12:22 AM
I have a pony...oh wait, ****, no i don't, i failed to roll a 3 and a 6 :frown:

Dehitay
09-18-2004, 08:42 PM
Next person that tries to define role playing as the beauty of God's creation is getting the full wrath of my poo flinging monkey army
Role Playing is no more than what the names implies
playing a game by taking on a fictional characters role

Nidonemo
09-19-2004, 01:58 AM
/poke Dehitay's Monkey Army

They're all just plushies...

RP's meaning is in the eye of the beholder, let's just leave it at that.

Splke
09-20-2004, 12:56 AM
****.. I botched ... man, my bow broke, and the arrow shot through my lvl 87 magician / vampire / angel / demon's head... Goddamn it! I'll kill you dungeon master!! -chokes kid next to him-

busyrobot
09-20-2004, 04:26 AM
Disputes like this can only be settled with a West Side Story style Dance Off.

...because well, disputes like this are a bit stupid.

The thing about RPing is simple: Its a way to have fun not some symbol of greatness or a sign that your better than others. People who complain about others inability to RP are just looking for a nerve to hit, just like any other comment (you can't [ rp | spell | fight your way out of a wet paper bag | spar | hit me | run a kingdom | do basic math ] etc )

If someone insults you don't go running around 'omg I wish it was legal for me to kill you' like a psychopath, tell them to f-off and do your own thing, which I assume is rping with your friends.

GoZelda
09-20-2004, 06:03 PM

...because well, disputes like this are a bit stupid.

The thing about RPing is simple: Its a way to have fun not some symbol of greatness or a sign that your better than others. People who complain about others inability to RP are just looking for a nerve to hit, just like any other comment (you can't [ rp | spell | fight your way out of a wet paper bag | spar | hit me | run a kingdom | do basic math ] etc )

If someone insults you don't go running around 'omg I wish it was legal for me to kill you' like a psychopath, tell them to f-off and do your own thing, which I assume is rping with your friends.
So you're basically telling Dustari to **** off?

Monkeyboy_McGee
09-20-2004, 06:16 PM

*Starts clicking his fingers like a biatch*

busyrobot
09-21-2004, 08:32 PM
So you're basically telling Dustari to **** off?

You could say that is my sentiment towards anyone who spends more time bragging about thier rp skills (or heckling other peoples' skills) than just rping - or at least enjoying the game.

Granted I complain about people's lack of RP skills at times, and heckle, but as a rule I only do so to pick on people who are slamming others for the exact same thing in hopes of shutting them up for 2 minutes.

All in all the fighting about Rping and ego contests actually do nothing good for rping, its just a waste of time. If it really means something to a person, they'll go out and rp and not care who calls them dumb, a newb, or a bad rper.

Raelyn
09-23-2004, 12:51 AM

RP in Graal is a joke, I believe I have stated this before, stop pumping out RP (or lack thereof) thread, no one cares because it's already established that RP in Graal is impractical. If for no other reason, the fact that the larger portion of the playerbase is below the age of 17 and shows it through immature actions.

I am sorry, but I am tired of seeing new headlines always popping up with people talking about RP, there is no RP in Graal, if you want to RP, go somewhere else.

Nidonemo
09-23-2004, 12:55 AM
This Horse has long been dead and it's carcass is still being beaten. It's beginning to smell... >_<

Raelyn
09-23-2004, 01:08 AM
This Horse has long been dead and it's carcass is still being beaten. It's beginning to smell... >_<

More or less.

ZanderX
09-23-2004, 01:36 AM
I have something to say.

I WANT TO CAST MAGIC MISSILE.

Monkeyboy_McGee
09-23-2004, 02:13 AM
I have something to say.

Ok, but you have to tell me if there are any girls there, because I WANNA DO THEM!!

Nidonemo
09-23-2004, 04:03 AM
Love that one. XD

GryffonDurime
09-23-2004, 05:15 AM
I have something to say.

YAY. Now Kamuii has to give everyone a coupon good for one free spam:D

Nidonemo
09-23-2004, 08:38 AM
YAY. Now Kamuii has to give everyone a coupon good for one free spam:D

I think I've already surpassed MY limit. :whatever:

Raelyn
09-23-2004, 12:43 PM
I have something to say.

Is what you want to say relevant to this thread? Go farm posting points somewhere else, like another forum, on a website no one reads.

Butz
09-23-2004, 07:32 PM
Is what you want to say relevant to this thread? Go farm posting points somewhere else, like another forum, on a website no one reads.

Oi... lighten up. For one, Kamuii is hardly in need of "posting points", since he has over 16,000 posts already. Secondly, this topic is pretty much dead, and there's not much else to be added to it. Thirdly, he was referencing a joke about roleplaying that's been around for a while, which you apparently missed. Let it go, and don't be so quick to jump on people.

GoZelda
09-23-2004, 07:40 PM
I have something to say.

AGAINST THE DARKNESS?

Monkeyboy_McGee
09-23-2004, 08:10 PM
WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS?!

GoZelda
09-23-2004, 09:23 PM
WHERE ARE THE CHEETOS?!
ROLL THE DICE TO SEE IF I'M GETTING DRUNK!

Shenti
09-24-2004, 04:08 AM
I am Galstaff, sorcerer of life!

EDIT: Yah first post, liek, eat meh kthx.

Taharu
09-24-2004, 05:21 AM

i simply looooove west side story....anyways...lets be realistic. no one RPs on GK anymore. I havent seen RP since I was a member of Forest. RP isnt enforced by kingdoms like it used to be. and that is at the fault of kingdom leaders and members. You show me a player that truely RPs always on tag and Ill show the person that should be king or queen...

Nidonemo
09-25-2004, 01:15 AM
I am Galstaff, sorcerer of life!

EDIT: Yah first post, liek, eat meh kthx.

Wasting such an improtant post on something like that? :spam: Dude, first impressions are VERY important!

Edit: The only serious RP server is Valikorlia and I think that one closed down didn't it? Or did it just have some server problems?

GoZelda
09-25-2004, 11:22 AM
Or did it just have some server problems?
I recently got RC there. Very big problems

Monkeyboy_McGee
09-25-2004, 02:07 PM
I recently got RC there. Very big problems

Yeah that'd be the server problems he's talking about.

Heh <3

Edit: Damn, didn't see the white text. Now my post isn't as witty :frown: