PDA

View Full Version : My forum account is messed up...

TSonicWarp9
09-14-2004, 12:35 AM
I used to see the sticky notices but couldn't read them, now I can't see them at all and none of the other sections except for the main one and off topic and just now to make matters worse, I can't view profiles or PM. I keep getting forum errors at the top with some odd looking code. It was something like couldn't connect to database what not.

ZanderX
09-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Have you tried clearing cookies, using a different browser, etc.?

Curt1zzle
09-14-2004, 01:52 AM
What's your system specs?

(Browser, windows version, cookies enabled?)

Kuza
09-14-2004, 04:19 AM

I was going to say the same thing, guy. That's a good idea.

Sonic, in you'll click the Tools menu and then left click Internet Options there's an advanced tab you can also click. Once you're there, check these parameters:

1. Check disable script debugging in Browsing
2. Check enable visual styles on buttons and controls in web pages in Browinsg
3. Check show pictures in Multimedia
4. Check use SSL 2.0 in Security
5. Check use SSL 3.0 in Security

Close internet explorer and then do a hard reboot. This may or may not fix your problem. You may need to reupgrade Microsoft Internet Explorer. I hope this helps.

Leasure-13
09-14-2004, 04:33 AM
Yea that is what i was thinking. And i think that this should be in Tech support, And i bet that it will be moved. Just a guess though. :cool:

GoZelda
09-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Yea that is what i was thinking. And i think that this should be in Tech support, And i bet that it will be moved. Just a guess though. :cool:
How could it be in Tech Support if he can only view main and NGRT? x_x

MagicalTux
09-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Such problems may also be due to spywares. They modify webpages "on the fly" to add code (to display popups, or send to someone what you're doing, etc...)

You should try to use "SpyBot, Search&Destroy". It's a nice spyware remover :)

Shaman_King
09-16-2004, 02:00 PM
You should try to use "SpyBot, Search&Destroy". It's a nice spyware remover :)

Lavasoft is another good one (think its lavasoft)
BTW...SPYBOT SEARCH & DESTROY is recommended by Leo Laporte from The Screen Savers *G4Tech TV show for all of you without Digital Cable/Dish.

Spark910
09-16-2004, 05:42 PM
recommended by Leo Laporte from The Screen Savers *G4Tech TV show for all of you without Digital Cable/Dish.

And how do we known who Leo Paporte is without Digital Cable/Dish >_<
But yeah, it's not bad ^^

TSonicWarp9
09-17-2004, 09:44 AM
Spybot reports no spyware.
Adaware reports 1 empty registry key (harmless)
Norton Anti-Virus 2003 reports no infections.

Browsers used.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1
Maxthon Browser 1.0.0250 Unicode (Default browser - it rules)
Mozilla Firefox 0.9.3

Changed all internet options to default and cleared all cache files from IE and Firefox.
Cleared all cookie cache files from both IE and Firefox.

Reinstalled all browsers except for IE, (Did a Repair). No changes, still the same errors show up. Note, this is the only message board I am currently having problems with.

Spark910
09-19-2004, 07:52 PM
I banned, then unbanned you - it may have reset your things to regular user settings, has it fixed?

Rick
09-19-2004, 08:06 PM
Maxthon Browser 1.0.0250 Unicode (Default browser - it rules)
Isn't that just IE?

Spark910
09-20-2004, 01:35 PM
On another boards someone with the same problem cleared their cookies then it worked, they could see everything again - maybe try that >_<

Projectshifter
09-20-2004, 08:31 PM
I was going to say that it's because you're using a crap microsoft product, but I guess you're also using Mozilla. Best solution: don't use windows ;)
There is a simple test that should help us find the problem. Log out and see if you can see the sticky notices that you could not when logged in. If not, then it means you might have something locally that is effecting it. If you do see them, then it is most likely a server issue with our site =/

TSonicWarp9
09-25-2004, 02:54 AM
I banned, then unbanned you - it may have reset your things to regular user settings, has it fixed?

Yes that worked, it's showing the forum like it's suppose to now. Thank you.

Spark910
09-25-2004, 12:45 PM
Yes that worked, it's showing the forum like it's suppose to now. Thank you.

No problem, thread closed! :cool: