PDA

View Full Version : Everworld

Redwizard
09-05-2004, 06:50 PM
Ok. We are now in need of Staff!
Openings :
NATs x 2
We need 2 scripters. mainly because we have tiles we want to use but we have no knowledge of the addtiledef command! To all you scripters who find this easy, drop me a forum pm or contact me in graal.
We have a Q menu, scripted for us 3 days ago, and the graphics have been created from scratch by me. That works great. As soon as i finish the GUI graphics, all we will need are some good levels. So we are looking for NATs who know their way around RC and such, so we can begin making our levels.

GAT x 1

We need 1 gat with phenomenal skills, also :-)

Information about everworld.
It will be based in the near future (30-50 years, maybe), and before you flame me, it will have a gun system.
Now the thing about this gun system, is that it will be different, and more realistic. Now in real life you wont be able to dodge a bullet, and eat cookies to heal yourself after getting shot loads with a minigun or such weapon. Our system involves shooting, but hitting almost instantly after hitting the shoot key.
This has many advantages, such as less laming, healing, and such.
Also the power of the gun will be determined by its calibur. e.g. a gun with a 0.50 cal will be able to shoot through doors, such as Desert Eagles, whereas a gun with a much higher calibure like 0.75 such as a sniper rifle (moderate range) will be able to shoot through 2 steel doors, etc.
The bullet system will be used in percentages. e.g. legs = 40%, torso = 30% arms = 20%, head = 10%.
the one with the highest percentage has the best chance of being hit, such as the legs or torso. But the ones with the lowest percentages have the least chance like the head. But, due to this small chance, the shot to the head will offer a one hit kill. So even a newbie could take you out if your not careful ;-)
We shall also make flak jackets and bulletproof armors and such, this decreases the chance of a bullet doing as much damage.
Enough of the gun system, though. The server will not be primarily based around guns at all. There will be jobs you can do, we will be releasing new toys regularly to stores so you can buy them/trade them and such, also. We are hopefully going to make a house system where there is an npc you can go to to get your own playerhouse somewhere in the map. The bigger the house, the more it will cost!! Also you will need to purchase furniture and such for it too.
About the staff!
We are a layed back community of staff who enjoy having fun. Nothing in RC is ever taken too seriously, and we always have a good laugh from time to time. Not much work is required each day, as long as the work that is submitted is good work and has been worked hard on. We dont overwork you, so if you ever need a break at any occasion, that is only too fair. If you are interested in joining us, pm me (Co-manager) or *ThinkDifferent (Co-manager) today!
btw will post some level screenshots soon, stick with us :-)

- Thanks

calum
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
WTF, you need two scripters to use addtiledef?!?!
Have you got a high forehead and a stick with a nail in it by any chance?

haro41
09-06-2004, 01:12 AM
graal2001/commands.rtf

and um id get that signature out of your gui. its not professional

ThinkDifferent
09-06-2004, 06:01 AM
Ok haro that will be done. We have a lot more made but if we posted all of it then there wouldn't be anything to expect! We really need some NAT's and maybe 1-2 GATs to help scaarub. I can handle the levels for now LATs will be hired later. You can logon the pw "Ricochet" to contact me or AIM is wow theres matt email is in sig.

Malinko
09-06-2004, 06:12 AM
I think he means he just wants two scripters and someone to tell him how to use addtiledef, lol.

DarkShadows_Legend
09-06-2004, 05:31 PM
Arc is reviving EW, Jokers reviving EW, now RedWizard is building a futuristic EW. Isn't this all grand?

Malinko
09-06-2004, 05:33 PM
Maybe they love the place Crim >=o! xD <3!

GoZelda
09-06-2004, 09:01 PM
Isn't Everworld the Casanova Casanivi or whatever dude's project? x_x
Uhm, there's a tutorial for addtiledef...

Crono
09-06-2004, 09:05 PM
Maybe they can merge all the everworlds and add time travel...

ThinkDifferent
09-06-2004, 09:13 PM
Crono...good idea but criminal doesn't really know what he is talking about >_>
I talked to arcadius and he is NOT reviving everworld
Cassanova still plays? Even if he does he doesn't have my consent
Our PW is called Everworld because it will be mix between now and the future, realistic worlds...and everworld is too good of a name to waste

Crono
09-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Crono...good idea but criminal doesn't really know what he is talking about >_>

Lol, get it? Time travel? Chrono Trigger? Har har har

haro41
09-07-2004, 01:35 AM
id like to see a name of a server not be the name of the land, but more of a central important object, etc. Like a big clock in the main city of your land like a gigatron clock. is this server have time travel? very cool idea. i hope you stick with it through the bad times.

ThinkDifferent
09-07-2004, 04:26 AM
We are still debating time travel, as Scaarub said we are very laid back and we will most likely talk about in the next week or so. Haro come do gfx :p

haro41
09-07-2004, 08:28 AM
sorry.busy--\/

ThinkDifferent
09-07-2004, 05:13 PM
Heh, well anybody wanna tryout? We could use the help =(

GoZelda
09-07-2004, 09:15 PM
Heh, well anybody wanna tryout? We could use the help =(
Contact me on AIM later.

ThinkDifferent
09-07-2004, 10:16 PM