PDA

View Full Version : The Code of Chivalry

Discharge
08-27-2004, 02:23 AM
The Code of Chivalry (Note: This is the most common Chivarly Code. In the middle ages the code changed from time to time)

Thou shalt believe all that the Church teaches, and shalt observe all its directions.
Thou shalt defend the Church.
Thou shalt respect all weaknesses, and shalt constitute thyself the defender of them.
Thou shalt love the country in thy which thou wast born.
Thou shalt not recoil before thine enemy.
Thou shalt make war against the Infidel without cessation, and without mercy.
Thou shalt perform scrupulously thy feudal duties, if they be not contrary to the laws of God.
Thou shalt never lie, and shall remain faithful to thy pledged word.
Thou shalt be generous, and give largess to everyone.
Thou shalt be everywhere and always the champion of the Right and the Good against Injustice and Evil.

GoZelda
08-27-2004, 04:28 PM
There isn't a real church in Graal...

Monkeyboy_McGee
08-27-2004, 05:11 PM
Christianity sucks (that's my opinion, though..), especially middle-ages christianity(thats fact, yo).

GryffonDurime
08-27-2004, 11:15 PM
Which is why Dustari dosen't have a monotheistic Judeo-Christian Church....

It's under revisions

LordZen
08-27-2004, 11:41 PM
You "could" make your own state-ran religion :D thats always fun. Even though Dustari is more feudal, I think Henry VIII justified such actions in this point in history.

GryffonDurime
08-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Hehe, I'm drawing on a few inspirations

((And Zen, your sig is teh awsome))

GoZelda
08-28-2004, 12:01 AM
Totally!ten

Discharge
08-28-2004, 01:02 AM
We already have a Cathedral, itís just that the religion is not really establish so we need to use our imaginations here. Check-it-out, we don't have to follow the christian church but we can follow our own made up version. Gryffon always talks about his God Mytri or whatever so we could use that as our god you know? That code that I posted will be the basic idea and we can modify it for Graal if we need to.

So don't question the code you heretics! Iíll burn you all on a Dustari inquisition!

GryffonDurime
08-28-2004, 01:42 AM
We already have a Cathedral, itís just that the religion is not really establish so we need to use our imaginations here. Check-it-out, we don't have to follow the christian church but we can follow our own made up version. Gryffon always talks about his God Mytri or whatever so we could use that as our god you know? That code that I posted will be the basic idea and we can modify it for Graal if we need to.

So don't question the code you heretics! Iíll burn you all on a Dustari inquisition!

god-ess.

And I like the Inquisition part

busyrobot
08-28-2004, 02:49 AM

I'd make a sig with all the ebil stuff Bush's been up to, but that would take a dvd and be too big for the web. ;)

On the religion note, the Cathedral was intended to be non-denominational, but it could be interesting if Dustari had a more organized faith.

Perhaps a 'Patron God' of Dustari would be good, in a multi-theological system. Other gods would be accepted, perhaps with a few considered too polar opposite to the patron god, and be relegated to 'underground cult' status.

Really boils down to whatever people want to RP, any ideas are welcome. :)

Zero Hour
08-28-2004, 03:46 AM
Cut a few out, add a few in and you've got a decent code of conduct, anyways.

Amagius
08-28-2004, 04:08 AM
Cut a few out, add a few in and you've got a decent code of conduct, anyways.

That's beautiful.

Senate: "We've cut a few out, threw a few in, and we're starting to really like this constitution."

GryffonDurime
08-28-2004, 05:09 AM
I'd make a sig with all the ebil stuff Bush's been up to, but that would take a dvd and be too big for the web. ;)

Riiiight. Kerry comes on and trys to slander Bush for not condemning the swiftboat ads, yet I don't think I've ever seen Kerry condemn the pathetic slander of Fahrenhiet 9/11.

On the religion note, the Cathedral was intended to be non-denominational, but it could be interesting if Dustari had a more organized faith.

Perhaps a 'Patron God' of Dustari would be good, in a multi-theological system. Other gods would be accepted, perhaps with a few considered too polar opposite to the patron god, and be relegated to 'underground cult' status.

Really boils down to whatever people want to RP, any ideas are welcome. :)

I say we all convert to Mytriism

Amagius
08-28-2004, 04:05 PM
Riiiight. Kerry comes on and trys to slander Bush for not condemning the swiftboat ads, yet I don't think I've ever seen Kerry condemn the pathetic slander of Fahrenhiet 9/11.

Once you can spell Fahrenheit 9/11, I'll give you points for that. Plus the fact that Fahrenheit 9/11 had actual facts in it, and not all of it was lies...but I'll leave this for NRGT.

I say we all convert to Mytriism

I agree.

LordZen
08-29-2004, 08:39 AM
Bleh, Padren is pretty much the only one who is allowed to be anti-Bush and get away with it, in my book. Lets not start anything here. lol.

<3 Padren

Thanks for the compliments on the sig though, guys. :)

Anyways, yea I think it would make the most sense for the Dustari religion to be monotheistic, and allow for smaller cult followings which arent nessisarily recognized by the state.

Brad
08-29-2004, 05:39 PM
medievil religion is awesome.

GryffonDurime
08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Bleh, Padren is pretty much the only one who is allowed to be anti-Bush and get away with it, in my book. Lets not start anything here. lol.

<3 Padren

Thanks for the compliments on the sig though, guys. :)

Anyways, yea I think it would make the most sense for the Dustari religion to be monotheistic, and allow for smaller cult followings which arent nessisarily recognized by the state.

Recently I was actually considering...well, Dustari's based in the Midievil times, but why are we limiting ourselves to the psuedo Anglo/French era? Given the origin of 2k2's gods, mabey something a little more...Celtic is in order.

*Goes to convert the chapel into a Druidic Shrine*

Nappa
08-29-2004, 07:48 PM
I hope Mytri is shot in the head.

GryffonDurime
08-29-2004, 11:05 PM
I hope Mytri is shot in the head.

Well thank you for NOT adding anything constructive to the conversation Nappa

Back to the real topic, does anyone HAVE any suggestions for the Religion? Should we use a real life one as a foundation, or create something totally original?

busyrobot
08-30-2004, 12:12 AM
Should we use a real life one as a foundation, or create something totally original?

Since we are an rp kingdom, we have the freedom to be rather creative, we can invent this religion around the ideals of Dustari, even though we'd be rping as the reverse would be true; that dustari was founded around the ideals of this god.

Since we are a classic fantasy/knighthood type kingdom, valor/justice/etc type values come to mind, but these are somewhat generalized and watered down...I think its worth brainstorming a bit on additional attributes and hone in on what we want to embody from there.

It may be interesting to have a few other accepted dieties as 'lesser gods' that while are not the patron god of dustari, are still within the sphere of respected allies of this god, and therefore accepted in worship. They may not really be 'lesser' but just viewed as such by followers of the patron.

GryffonDurime
08-30-2004, 01:06 AM
Since we are an rp kingdom, we have the freedom to be rather creative, we can invent this religion around the ideals of Dustari, even though we'd be rping as the reverse would be true; that dustari was founded around the ideals of this god.

Since we are a classic fantasy/knighthood type kingdom, valor/justice/etc type values come to mind, but these are somewhat generalized and watered down...I think its worth brainstorming a bit on additional attributes and hone in on what we want to embody from there.

It may be interesting to have a few other accepted dieties as 'lesser gods' that while are not the patron god of dustari, are still within the sphere of respected allies of this god, and therefore accepted in worship. They may not really be 'lesser' but just viewed as such by followers of the patron.

I think if we want to go with a classic fantasy style, a semi-Druidic religious order could be a good way to go, Dustari already has some Gaelic qualities. Or perhaps an amalgamation?