PDA

View Full Version : Buddies list...

Mafukie
08-07-2004, 08:25 AM
I don't know if this was recommended before or not, so if it is please don't get
upset.

This just came to mind, the whole Buddies list. Personally I think it would be a
superb idea to make it so your buddy list shows all your buddies no matter
which server they are on. That way you can join the server that they are
playing on instead of going on all the servers seeing if they are online playing.

I don't know if this can be done easily, but I feel this would increase the
usefulness of the buddies list.

nullify
08-07-2004, 11:08 AM
I like the idea, but only if it was similar to MSN, where they can only see you online/talk to you if you accepted them and such. But on the downside people could bother you and such, sometimes friends get annoying too. ;)

Loriel
08-07-2004, 02:48 PM
Use MSN , then.

nullify
08-07-2004, 03:01 PM
I will when it's integrated into the Graal client. Which is never.

Mafukie
08-07-2004, 04:04 PM
Use MSN , then.
Whats with your constant negativity? If you can't offer anything good to my
thread then don't post in it. AKA Stop trolling my posts.

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 05:56 PM
Use MSN , then.

Not all Graal people have MSN.

Loriel
08-07-2004, 09:56 PM
Of course not, but nullify wanted MSN.

Lance
08-07-2004, 10:11 PM
I don't know if this was recommended before or not, so if it is please don't get
upset.

This just came to mind, the whole Buddies list. Personally I think it would be a
superb idea to make it so your buddy list shows all your buddies no matter
which server they are on. That way you can join the server that they are
playing on instead of going on all the servers seeing if they are online playing.

I don't know if this can be done easily, but I feel this would increase the
usefulness of the buddies list.

It does not sound terribly easy to me. If they're your buddies, you can probably contact them by other means to find out.

Crono
08-07-2004, 10:14 PM
Whats with your constant negativity? If you can't offer anything good to my
thread then don't post in it. AKA Stop trolling my posts.

I dont like that buddy idea. It "connects" people TOO much. I cant explain it, doesnt feel right thats all.

Mafukie
08-08-2004, 02:06 AM
It does not sound terribly easy to me. If they're your buddies, you can probably contact them by other means to find out.
Yeah, but I don't want to have to get AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo Msnger, (or just
get trillian) just to have a buddy in a video game. With the buddylist idea
you wouldn't have to go through all the hassle of doing that.

I dont like that buddy idea. It "connects" people TOO much. I cant explain it, doesnt feel right thats all.
There is nothing different about it since people can just server
hop to see if you are online, this feature would just make it easier, and
possibly increase the player online count for graal online as a whole.

I don't know about you but when I log in and I don't see any of my buddies,
I tend not to hang around for long. So if there were on and just on another
server, no problem I'll go to that one and vola! They kept someone online
longer because now they are going to play on the server their buddy is on.

Raelyn
08-08-2004, 10:27 AM
Something that always baffled me, I know for some other mmorpgs I've played, people wrote 3rd party plugins for the client, we even had plugins to chat to people in AIM from inside the game, and plugins that tracked any items that were place on the ground nearby, and plugins that were able to setup queues for keys, like, if you wanted to do "v ^ > v S" you could map that combo to a key and it'd input it when you hit the mapped key, but obviously that's the difference between the graal community being largely made up of elementary school students, and junior high students, as opposed to being more largely populated by competant people. :whatever:

If you want to talk to people on all servers, do some research, find out what is and isn't possible, and if there is a way to view the playerlist from all servers, crack open your text editor and get to work.

Advice to anyone not already among this group:

Learn a language, become proficient, and make **** happen. :whatever:

xManiamaNx
08-08-2004, 04:56 PM
Basically, you want something like STEAMing pile of poo has with their friends list?

Sum41Freeeeek
08-08-2004, 09:40 PM
Steams friend list is horrible. They also have something like that on runescape.

Anyway, that would be a good idea to look into. Though as someone said it won't be easy.

Myukoi
08-08-2004, 10:00 PM
Yeah, i always loved this feature on Runescape. I think it's a good idea! Then with all those people with *Stefan on there buddy list can all go on whatever server he logs on. XD

Mafukie
08-09-2004, 01:58 AM
Yeah, i always loved this feature on Runescape. I think it's a good idea! Then with all those people with *Stefan on there buddy list can all go on whatever server he logs on. XD
Well I am sure there can be a privacy button added to turn this off.

URBANLEGEND
08-09-2004, 02:19 AM
I like the Idea, it does sound simmiler to steam. And about 3rd party plug ins, dont he have thoughs? Trainers.

Sum41Freeeeek
08-09-2004, 03:21 AM
But then if they put that people would want something like "let only <blah> pm you"
Buddies doesnt need to be a big thing though.

Deek2
08-09-2004, 06:36 AM
This is a nice implication, but the needs of making it into some kind of "Graal Messanger" is a bit pointless.

Admins
08-10-2004, 12:51 AM
It should probably only work if both people have each other on the buddy list. Sending data between the servers is not a problem, we just need to find a good way to organize this without having too many people on the list and without being able to harass people.

Mafukie
08-10-2004, 01:09 AM
It should probably only work if both people have each other on the buddy list. Sending data between the servers is not a problem, we just need to find a good way to organize this without having too many people on the list and without being able to harass people.
Yeah, that would work too (having to have eachother on the buddy list)

you can always ignore them if they are harrasing you, or if you implement it
so both need to be on the buddy list. Just remove them off yours >_<