PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet -Hiring-

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Hello, Ricochet is a playerworld that was started offline by a team consisting of I and thrashsoul. As 1-2 months went by we bought a server and hired a few more. But now we are at it again looking for a few more staff members to fill our needs.

Ricochet is a western server, but a western server that will be morely based on playing the role of a cowboy, or whoever you choose to be, not an era with a different tileset. Yes this server will have guns. But unlike other servers with guns you can be caught by the sheriff (Will not be a player trust me). If you choose to you can duel him / pay a fine/ spend x ammount of time in jail. As you kill a bounty raises.
Ricochet will feature a system of 3 hotkeys in which you can customize to your liking. S, D, and Z will be editable keys. One key you wil be able to equip a rifle to your back, another a small gun to a holster, and another a knife/dynamite for blowing things up/whatever other needs you have. This system is 90 percent done.
There are many systems to Ricochet and it would take forever to explain them all. So let me explain the screenshots that are about to be shown to you.

Each of them shows different tiles/graphics of ricochet. The houses are being almost completely redone so don't worry about those. Everything else is in a n editing process and will be finalized as soon as we can. Any questions you can forum pm me any constructive critisicm (sp?) can be posted here. The current staff list is

(Manager)-thinkdifferent
(Co-Manager)-Open
(Dev Admin)-Phoenix Knight
(Dev1)-Spyder
(Dev2)-Pure_P2P
(Dev3)-Derno (Harry)
(GFX Admin)-Thrashsoul

I think that's it!
Staff application posted as last attachment

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 06:44 AM
I reached the max attachments

StaffApp:

Turles_is_back
08-07-2004, 06:48 AM
nice tiles but.. guns?

Graal is based off Zelda, swords and magic, not guns... that's why I hate Era x.X

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 06:51 AM
Graal is called Graal The Adventure for a reason. As I said, guns will not play a big role in this seeing as how, like you, I do not personally like/enjoy era.

Turles_is_back
08-07-2004, 06:53 AM
Haha, I didn't really read what you typed, just skimmed it, that's awesome, though. Great ideas, and I hope it goes public :D

Nitkizi
08-07-2004, 06:56 AM
..This is the third western server in development now..

XJOKERX
We do to, and by then we hoped to have it much better than it looks now if we can get the right team. We are getting opinions from everybody we can.
So far:
-Add more deph to the tiles
-Consider making a new character (which we already are)

DarkShadows_Legend
My opinion. The graphics are very ugly.
I like the railroad, but everything else is ewwwww..

good luck Joker.

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 07:11 AM
Thanks criminal, not quite an everworld eh? Yeah hopefully a lot of the gfx will be edited to perfection.

Damix2
08-07-2004, 07:42 AM
Bah, I think its looks horrible, but good luck none the less.

Anyway to the point. Why does every server have a Manager and a Co-manager?

I mean the point of co (cooperative) is to have 2 managers working together. You want an assistant manager not a co-manager.

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 07:43 AM
Does that really matter? If it looks so terrible why not come help us out :P

protagonist
08-07-2004, 08:15 AM
I like it. It's different.

Eagle
08-07-2004, 09:06 AM
Is this the server Thrash "was hiding in his dev cave"? The one he wasn't going to show to anyone?

In screenshot 4, why is there Golf Clubs on the railroad?

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 09:34 AM
It's a rifle, look more closely

Scott
08-07-2004, 10:03 AM
Style of those tiles and the way they are tiled look *much* inspired from Zens desert villa tileset.

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 10:05 AM
Well if you are implying they are stolen zen logged on the server himself and knew they weren't. Zen's tiles are much better :P

Crono
08-07-2004, 10:23 AM
The dirt, floor, THING looks like dried up beach sand. Not desert sand. It's too bright.

Screenshot2 just looks stupid. It's like modern + western mixed, ugly.

URBANLEGEND
08-07-2004, 04:46 PM
1: Lets all make servers named after VaLVE games.
2: I could design a better tileset. and if you know me, youd rather be shot than see my gfx.

thrashsoul
08-07-2004, 06:24 PM
-.- Make one then Urban, and no eagle thats not until 1/1/05

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Yeah Urban, honestly, you most likely could not. Either way a lot of the tiles are being redone/made better by various graphics artists whom we have hired.

derno
08-07-2004, 07:05 PM
dont you love how people cant help but put down every server they dont work on =\ oh well

Crono
08-07-2004, 07:30 PM
dont you love how people cant help but put down every server they dont work on =\ oh well

Because sometimes the servers act like theirs is the best and will be the best.

XJOKERX
08-07-2004, 07:37 PM
How did we do that? I am sory for being optimistic.

Damix2
08-07-2004, 08:34 PM
How did we do that? I am sory for being optimistic.

I think it will its graal everything has to fail. lol Except for (((((((1/1/05))))))))

Thats how.

Monkeyboy_McGee
08-08-2004, 12:23 AM
I don't like the graphics, or the idea of guns...at all, no matter what, when, or how they are used. Good luck anyway.

XJOKERX
08-08-2004, 04:19 AM
At least we are getting a lot of good luck's!
I can't help what my immature staff (Only thrash) say.

XiLe
08-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Change the name. It's a copyrighted game.

teshy2
08-08-2004, 09:18 AM
I like the nature part of the tileset (dried ground, stones etc.), and it has a different touch. They mix fantasy and tech so why not Western and tech.. like it, like it. The houses and stuff look a little flat, but I'm sure it can be fixed.

Best of luckz.

Crono
08-08-2004, 10:58 AM
immature staff (Only thrash)

Thrash can be cool sometimes but also a pain in the ass.
Use him wisely...:cool:

thrashsoul
08-08-2004, 06:15 PM
*pimp slap* Don't let him know my secrets CRONO!!

Sum41Freeeeek
08-09-2004, 12:32 AM
nice tiles but.. guns?

Graal is based off Zelda, swords and magic, not guns... that's why I hate Era x.X

I hope you don't like UN any better. Especially because UN has cars, toys, paintball guns etc.

Anyway: I think it looks great. I could see this server being a big hit.
The sand tiles look fine, though desert tiles look a bit more cracky then those ones. I would say just darken the outline.
Overall I think it looks just fine.

TonyRivers
08-09-2004, 08:01 AM
problems:

ugly tiles, we will delve further into why your tileset looks like a steaming pile of garbage:

tile problem # 1: style- not a major factor but the style of the tile looks as if more that one person is working on it. If so I reccomend you start over again and have one person do the whole thing.

tile problem # 2: colors- maybe the most outstanding flaw in the screenshots in the that none of your colors go good together and are not easy on the eyes. I suggest you make up a general color scheme and stick with it.

tile problem #3: outlines: im sorry but those don't look like buildings to me (at all) I can harldy make out what is going on in the screen shots the only tiles I that arent eyesores are the ground and grass clump tiles. I cant really help you here I would just say use your mind when you create a tileset and think about perspective and basic shape.which brings us to problem numero dos:

which is the gun sprite which is way to large and dosnt resemble a gun very much. This server seems to be lacking in the graphics department so we will move on to a more complex problem:

Problem#3: theme and game play- first as this has already been stated there are 2 other western servers which all most likely basicly spawned from delphs western server a while ago. That means you have to compete with two other servers that have basicly the exact same concept and slightly better content. From what I have interpeted the server will be based around killing people and bounty hunters and sherrifs and gun fights which is basicly era a few decades back. A server has to be more complex than that.

In conclusion I don't have my hopes up for this server and don't see it becoming a phenomon since the sort who would play it already have era plus its competition with the other western servers.

hope this isnt too depresing for you but the truth hurts..

XJOKERX
08-09-2004, 06:49 PM
Well one of my questions are answered, TonyRivers can't read!!!! As been previously stated the tiles are already being redone (And you were wrong the tiles were done by one person only). Also stated in the first post the houses are being completely redone. Thanks for all the feedback, good or bad because it has helped us get along. We aquired a few scripters/GFXers with 2 gani'ers and are making some really nice surprises for everybody and ill post about it soon. Keep leaving feedback!

TonyRivers
08-10-2004, 12:47 AM
maybe you havnt learned what you post reflects your server. So why post crap screen shots if you are makign a brand new tileset since everybody is going to look at the screens and say this server sucks.

XJOKERX
08-10-2004, 05:07 AM
We weren't going to completely redo it until we got the feedback smarty. Prior to posting we got complements from PS, Jinx, Protagonist, and a few others so we wanted to see what everbody else though.

TonyRivers
08-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Well anyone who ins not blind should know that tileset wouldnt be a good idea to use on a graal server.

Damix2
08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Does Jinx even still play?

XJOKERX
08-10-2004, 07:02 PM
No Jinx saw the screenshots. Tony your stating what you think not the entire population of graal shutup already.

TonyRivers
08-11-2004, 12:06 AM
face it your tile set sucks and your next one will suck too because you have not heard a word I have said.

XJOKERX
08-11-2004, 12:39 AM
I personally do not think any advice you can give me would help me out at all.

TonyRivers
08-11-2004, 03:50 AM
ovbiously from the thickness of your skull no advice anyone could give you would help you at all its like talking to a rock.

ThinkDifferent
08-11-2004, 04:25 AM
Hi I work for Ricochet and would like to comment to you TonyRivers. He actually took your advice and is re-doing the tileset and taking everybody's advice. You need to chill out. Don't start flaming me please.

TESTRETIS
08-11-2004, 04:50 AM
Closing this.