PDA

View Full Version : new castle gfx

busyrobot
08-06-2004, 01:21 PM
What do Dustarians think of this as a new style for the castle walls?

I intend to redo the towers as well, the older towers appear in this. At some point the battlement style I think would benefit from a completely new structure, where people go up stairs and walk the wall behind the battlements.

I took this shot in offline mode instead of on debug, I haven't uploaded the changes yet.

GoZelda
08-06-2004, 02:57 PM
Well, I'm not a Dustarian but I'll express my opinion anyway. >_< Well, it looks good but not to great. I don't really like the colors, but perhaps this is because they clash with the towers that'll soon be replaced. You're doing a great effort though, and I appreciate that sincerely :)

Monkeyboy_McGee
08-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Whooo, they look cool. The battlements (the uh...bricks on top that look like digital signals, lololol i've forgotten the name for those bricks so thats the only way i can describe it) don't really match the walls though. It's sort of, a lot of pretty light grey bricks, then suddenly a big ugly dark grey brick slapped on top with a big black line separating. Bleuch.

GryffonDurime
08-06-2004, 04:51 PM
I like it. Now just fix the nasty guilded insides and we're good

busyrobot
08-06-2004, 11:29 PM
I am glad they are liked :)

I am going to try to employ them in a new larger overall castle upgrade, with space for walking on the walls even though the code isn't complete for that yet, the capacity will be there.

Then yes, the inside tiles will be redone :D

MasterNuke
08-06-2004, 11:50 PM
:) Improved Masonry I like :)

Crono
08-07-2004, 12:56 AM
WAIT WAIT

You can view 3dness and stuffs like that OFFLINE?

Someone's gotta teach me :[

Monkeyboy_McGee
08-07-2004, 02:19 AM
WAIT WAIT

Me also! :O

greeno
08-07-2004, 06:25 AM
I think you need a special thingy from stefan..... or theres something that stefan gives you that does something... not too sure...

As for the walls I'd say make them darker.... I'm not too fond of the bright colors on my weak eyes.... but The style is cool.

Zero Hour
08-07-2004, 07:15 AM
Looks like real stone, I like.

Splke
08-07-2004, 08:18 AM
Your going to need a new door...

GoZelda
08-07-2004, 01:45 PM
WAIT WAIT

What the hell I figured it all out on my own x_x

Crono
08-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I'd like to laugh at where the shadows are on the stone towers. First off the shadows are facing eachother, second theres light in front of the shadow...

Anywho, walls look good.

GoZelda, teach crono 8]

MilkyWay0016
08-08-2004, 02:53 AM
I really like that, but perhaps the walls could be darkened a bit. They seem a little shiny.

While you're redecorating, perhaps you could make the castle a bit smaller? ;) That place makes me feel like an ant.

Nappa
08-08-2004, 03:01 AM
It's too similar. It looks to perfect. Their needs to be some type of inperfection.

busyrobot
08-08-2004, 04:15 AM
I really like that, but perhaps the walls could be darkened a bit. They seem a little shiny.

While you're redecorating, perhaps you could make the castle a bit smaller? ;) That place makes me feel like an ant.

It will be smaller inside overall, with more functional elements as well (spars, smithy, private rooms and such).

For instance, I am building an inner 'castle keep' that will be much smaller than the cathedral outside, but castle like and have a few floors, and an attached tower.

Then the insides will match the layout of the keep. So if the tower is off to the back right, you'll find that down the main hall and in that direction. I hope to have a few raised balconies that can allow players to go up high into the castle from inside then go out and look around the outside.

GoZelda
08-08-2004, 03:22 PM
It's too similar. It looks to perfect. Their needs to be some type of inperfection.
It looks to modern... like, erm. The thing you get on your arm if you broke it, or what they make big buildings of... beton or something.

Crono
08-08-2004, 05:48 PM
It looks to modern... like, erm. The thing you get on your arm if you broke it, or what they make big buildings of... beton or something.

Cement o_O?

GoZelda
08-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Cement o_O?
Yes. Is that an English word? Or swedish?

Crono
08-09-2004, 12:51 AM
Yes. Is that an English word? Or swedish?

I dont even know what bricks is in Swedish. Lawl, I only know the potty words and sentences in swedish.