PDA

View Full Version : D3D Lighting

Raelyn
08-03-2004, 01:09 AM
The option to turn off lighting in Graal3?

Rick
08-03-2004, 02:43 AM
There is no need to, as lighting in Graal3 is much faster than Graal2. There is no slowdown from lighting in Graal3.

Raelyn
08-03-2004, 06:58 AM
There is no need to, as lighting in Graal3 is much faster than Graal2. There is no slowdown from lighting in Graal3.

Actually, I just hate lighting, why waste time lighting torches and stuff so I could see in my house, I could just turn the lighting off and it would light up just fine. :whatever:

On a side note, graal3 could use some work on the playerlist too. :\

Dach
08-03-2004, 10:41 AM
meh, that kills the balance of useing darkness for things like cover or hiding anything

edit: I think Stefan liked the idea of not drawing the game behind the playerlist, as in letting it have it's own dedicated part of the window. Since it's not coming out of the window.

amonrabr
08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I can hide, edit the lights bright.. etc.. just changing my videoboard (G-force) driver setting..

But I think thats not the idea X.x In all games, the main idea is everybody seeing the same thing. Thats y is better to program to videogames.
Everybody should see lights =P

Raelyn
08-03-2004, 09:29 PM
meh, that kills the balance of useing darkness for things like cover or hiding anything

edit: I think Stefan liked the idea of not drawing the game behind the playerlist, as in letting it have it's own dedicated part of the window. Since it's not coming out of the window.

There is no buddy/ignore on the playerlist, and you can't right click the graal3 playerlist. :whatever:

Rick
08-03-2004, 10:40 PM
There is no buddy/ignore on the playerlist, and you can't right click the graal3 playerlist. :whatever:
Graal3 is in development. The UI is not finished.

Curt1zzle
08-04-2004, 06:17 AM
Graal3 is in development. The UI is not finished.
And that's why he's simply making a suggestion. :rolleyes:

Admins
08-05-2004, 01:37 AM
Graal3 uses OpenGL or Direct3D for rendering, so lights are not a special feature anymore - they don't slow down the game, so why turning it off? I am currently working on the playerlist for Graal3D/3.1