PDA

View Full Version : Frontier Help Wanted Thread-2

vahn32
07-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Ok, before I start:
KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.
This is a JOB WANTED ADS PAGE. Not a "Let's discuss Frontier! :D" page.
I'd LIKE to get some staff.

Anyway,
I'm hiring Level Makers and Graphics Makers.
Apply over e-mail or AIM:
email: knuck5 AT hvc.rr.com
aim: vahntheoversee

Crono
07-19-2004, 05:17 PM

My, you're the most mature person on this whole entire forum. :rolleyes:

Good luck on finding staff, the server's buildings need to be more western. Hopefully you'll find some GAT's and LAT's.

Tyrial
07-20-2004, 12:50 AM
Looking nice, contact me on aim.. TyrialAdiarde

I can help you with some GFX. :)

Scott
07-22-2004, 01:58 AM
KEEP YOUR OPINIONS TO YOURSELF.

I probably wouldn't have replied had you not said that.

http://www.phosphyr.com/five/up/frontierlol.png

Red: Why did you dither the shading? You're quite capable of using darker shaders of the sand itself to made a shadow. It will look better then a black dither. Or atleast make the dither fade out, and use a medium brown color. Also, the rock would look alot more nice without that black outline.

Blue: Why is there so much brightness to this cactus opposite to the rest of the terrain tiles? It shouldn't be that bright, looks more like plastic. Use some more mundane tones to give it a organic feel. Like "Olive Green." Also, the prickles on the cactus are ugly. Use a darker green for the pricks so they fit in more, or use a nice light green, closer to white. Also, why is there white crap on the bottom of the cactus where it meets the ground?

Green: Why is there a random patch of dirt there? Oh wait, that's not dirt... it looks like soil. Lame. Also, it's just one big tile error. Fix it or remove it. :\

Brown: I don't know where you're from, but I've never seen a cactus growing out of a very small stream. Say what?
Purple: Those windows are plain ugly. :/ Not only do they have those awkward white lines that are suppose to represent reflection, there's no border to the window.

Pink: What's up with that roof? Find me a picture of a western style saloon/building that has a roof like that. It's seriously just 'wtf' to me.

Galdor
07-22-2004, 02:04 AM
lol !

TESTRETIS
07-22-2004, 06:03 PM
Random Bashing..

Purple: Those windows are plain ugly. :/ Not only do they have those awkward white lines that are suppose to represent reflection, there's no border to the window.

more bashing..

I think that window is from some old server..I think it may have been Providence? Not totally sure I just know its from somewhere else

Scott
07-22-2004, 09:37 PM
I think that window is from some old server..I think it may have been Providence? Not totally sure I just know its from somewhere else
You confuse "bashing" with critisism. Yea, when I worked on Providence they had those windows. Or atleast something very similar.

Crono
07-22-2004, 11:16 PM
You confuse "bashing" with critisism. Yea, when I worked on Providence they had those windows. Or atleast something very similar.

It did belong to them. Val got in trouble for using those for no reason. I mean, prov was DEAD.

Why does it say zwr edited my post >_>?

Nitkizi
07-22-2004, 11:33 PM
Why does it say zwr edited my post >_>?

I was wondering that too..

And yes, those windows are from Providence.

TonyRivers
07-24-2004, 05:33 AM
call me a n0000b but I remember those windows from bablyon.

TESTRETIS
07-24-2004, 04:42 PM
call me a n0000b but I remember those windows from bablyon.
your a little late there..

vahn32
08-14-2004, 08:58 AM
One of my former Level makers who spent a very short time on the server used it and wanted me to upload it. It was so small and useless I just uploaded it so he'd stop complaining. I've redone it about 3 times to-date, and I think I like the form it is in now.

Update on hirings: I've gotten to be much better at Tiles, so I'm only hiring Level makers now. We need the overworld done before I go hosted and then a few more jobs like cowpie shoveling. :D
After that we'll reset all the players and see if we can't get the kinks in the economy worked out. IF everything goes as planned, I hope to possibly be ready for Classic tab 2 months or so after getting a Levels Team! ^_^