PDA

View Full Version : Return of the Major!

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-18-2004, 10:12 PM
Yes, that's right, it's back! Next saturday, a new election will be held for the Mayor of Main Island!

Here are the rules:

you have to be member of a kingdom
- your job will be to help new players and guide those who need it to proper roleplaying, whenever possible
- you will have to conduct a roleplaying-event, which will be supervised by the EMs
- if you are elected, you're the mayor of Main Island for 2 weeks, holding the rp-event will make that 4 weeks to the next election

To apply, all you have to do is send a forum PM to me and an email to Bjoern at "[email protected]" with your roleplaying name, the kingdom you're in, and a short speech about why you think you should be mayor and what you'd do to improve the server! Also, as an optional thing, you can include a small list of things you've done in the past with your kingdom and things you've done to help your kingdom. We will select three candidates on saturday morning (GMT/europe time), so friday is your deadline.

GoZelda
07-18-2004, 10:53 PM
Okay, I'm in.

dNeonb
07-18-2004, 10:56 PM
Okay, I'm in.

If I remember right the last time you took part, too. But then you went on vacation or so?

GoZelda
07-18-2004, 11:00 PM
If I remember right the last time you took part, too. But then you went on vacation or so?
Exactly, my friend that hopefully despises the minimum character requirement as much as I do.

Damix2
07-18-2004, 11:40 PM
I was the first mayor of main, good luck to the next =D

GoldSri
07-19-2004, 01:03 AM
I was the first mayor of main
and what exactly did you do as Mayor?

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-19-2004, 01:06 AM
and what exactly did you do as Mayor?

He resigned. I can't remember why.

Brad
07-19-2004, 01:25 AM
ome i want 2b may0r

Damix2
07-19-2004, 02:27 AM
He resigned. I can't remember why.

I had some persenol issues

Is it going to be the same as last time?

Your mayor for one week unless you hold an event, then your mayor for two weeks?

Splke
07-19-2004, 05:26 AM
typo on the title..?

o.O

GoZelda
07-19-2004, 10:22 AM
It's supposed to be a joke, LegoBomb said it was on purpose...

Splke
07-19-2004, 11:57 AM
It's supposed to be a joke, LegoBomb said it was on purpose...

Oh.. didn't take the time to read everything.

GoZelda
07-19-2004, 12:07 PM
He said it personally to me, not in the post.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-19-2004, 04:18 PM
Your mayor for one week unless you hold an event, then your mayor for two weeks?

Well, here's the deal...

During your mandatory 2 weeks of mayorship (whoo, made up word ^^) you are obligated to hold an RP event. If the players like that RP event, aka it doesn't suck, then you will be granted an automatic 2 weeks more of being a mayor. You can decline the offer of course, and a new election will be held after the mandatory 2 weeks is over.

GoZelda
07-19-2004, 04:52 PM
What prize(s) will be available to give out on this event?

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-19-2004, 05:08 PM
That'll be decided once the event's planned.

BloodReaper4387
07-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Ill sign up for being mayor :O
btw this is Miz on my VIP acct cause i forgot the password to tombstone04

GoZelda
07-19-2004, 10:57 PM
I do hope so sincerely being able to type English well is a requirement for passing...

Nappa
07-19-2004, 11:04 PM
I hope not as that goes against my rp here.

Name: Gurrik Thurr
Kingdom: Forest
Short speech:

ARG. I AM GURRIK. ME BE ORC WHO SIDE WITH ELVES. IF ME BE ELECTED MAYOR, ME PROMISE TO BE GREAT RULER. PEOPLE BE HAPPY. PEOPLE HAVE FUN. I HELP OTHERS. WE DESTROY ENEMIES WITH IRON FIST. SO FOLLOW ME TODAY OR I DESTROY YOU.

Orcness for mayor.

GoZelda
07-19-2004, 11:08 PM
If I wouldn't partake, I'd choose you ^^

Brad
07-21-2004, 06:18 PM
Name: Banthar Gorikol

Kingdom: Kurenai Joukai

Speech: I myself am an orc as well. Although I am running against a longtime friend in Gurrik, I hope that you make the right choice to vote either him or myself. His views on elves vary from mine however. I feel a human/orc alliance is all that is needed in the free world of main island. Allowing the pathetic elves to roam freely is a disgrace and should be stopped. And for god's sake, do not get me started with the Zormite. If you elect me as mayor, you will see an orc with not only power, but intelligence. Thank you and please make the right choice on election day. Vote Banthar.

Damix2
07-21-2004, 06:30 PM
Name: Banthar Gorikol

Kingdom: Kurenai Joukai

Speech: I myself am an orc as well. Although I am running against a longtime friend in Gurrik, I hope that you make the right choice to vote either him or myself. His views on elves vary from mine however. I feel a human/orc alliance is all that is needed in the free world of main island. Allowing the pathetic elves to roam freely is a disgrace and should be stopped. And for god's sake, do not get me started with the Zormite. If you elect me as mayor, you will see an orc with not only power, but intelligence. Thank you and please make the right choice on election day. Vote Banthar.

The former Mayor supports Banthar, so if you voted for Damix Sano, you should vote for Banthar =D

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-21-2004, 08:24 PM
The former Mayor supports Banthar, so if you voted for Damix Sano, you should vote for Banthar =D

Yes, yes, vote for the one that didn't even read the instructions as to how to apply properly! ^^

Brad
07-21-2004, 08:40 PM
Yes, yes, vote for the one that didn't even read the instructions as to how to apply properly! ^^

excuse me while i send an email thank you mam.

Nappa
07-21-2004, 08:41 PM
If I lose I won't care as long as an orc gets into power!

Dehitay
07-21-2004, 11:57 PM
I hope one of the Kindred takes power
then the bloodsucking ......proper management can begin
Dehitay must apply as well

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Hmm, well, due to technical difficulties created by two of the successful candidates not making an appearance (XD) we're going to postpone the elections until tomorrow.

Nappa
07-26-2004, 02:28 AM
I'd like to know why I wasn't one of the three candidates for mayor, I had many many people tell me they would vote for me and loved how I RPed as an orc.

Is it because of a personal dispute between me and you showing how idiotic you are a few days ago ?

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-26-2004, 02:30 AM
I'd like to know why I wasn't one of the three candidates for mayor, I had many many people tell me they would vote for me and loved how I RPed as an orc.

Is it because of a personal dispute between me and you showing how idiotic you are a few days ago ?

A) No such thing was shown.

B) Bjorn and i chose 3 of the 6 candidates, judging mainly on your applications.

Edit: You didn't get chosen, so what. Don't be a sore loser.

Nappa
07-26-2004, 02:42 AM
When 30-40 people who have seen my rp story tell me that I deserve to win and their needs to be a change, then their happens to be a problem.

As for how dumb you are, their are quite a few threads where other people show it as well.

GoZelda
07-26-2004, 01:34 PM
You haven't read the other persons speeches and not stories. Perhaps yours was bad compared to those. And, taken in consideration that you can't even furfill to the requirements, I do not see a competent mayor in you.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-26-2004, 04:02 PM
You haven't read the other persons speeches and not stories. Perhaps yours was bad compared to those.

Bingo.
We made managerial decisions (as is the way the world works) on who the best candidates would be, judging mostly on their story and a small about what we know about them ingame.

Just automatically assuming that a story you obviously put little effort into at all, and having a go at me over PMs about emails, will get you into the elections is bigheaded and *****ic. You've done nothing to deserve to be in the elections, and your behavior isn't exactly mayoral either. I don't see brad or taikun sitting here whining because they didn't get in, and i sure as hell wouldn't see spike, gozelda or dehitay whining if they hadn't gotten in.

You're just using this as another excuse to try and demean me, as you do WHENEVER I TRY TO DO ANYTHING. If ZH had done this event, you wouldn't have any problems. Bjorn had as much if not more decision in this as me, but i don't see you ragging on him, do i? No. I suggest you back the hell off, realise that there was absolutely nothing wrong with what i've done, and grow up. This constant attack is just pathetic.

Brad
07-26-2004, 10:55 PM
I didn't know we needed an in depth story. I tried to make myself seem like an angry orc who hates elves. Oh well, better luck next time eh.

VOTE GOZELDA K.

GoZelda
07-26-2004, 11:30 PM
Well, Spike won with 76 votes against 48 from me and 18 to Dehitay. I'm not gonna say something mean about him because it won't help a damn.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-26-2004, 11:58 PM
I didn't know we needed an in depth story. I tried to make myself seem like an angry orc who hates elves. Oh well, better luck next time eh.

VOTE GOZELDA K.

Nah you didn't need an indepth story as such....just a good, convincing one o_o

Anyway, yes, Spike Loxeus won, congratulations to him. Better luck next time, lads.

Nappa
07-27-2004, 12:17 AM
Well, I had someone on the inside talk to Bjorn.

Seems he had no choice in who was in the mayor elections, he just told you "who he liked" Which he told my inside person was me the most. Righto.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-27-2004, 01:40 AM
Well, I had someone on the inside talk to Bjorn.

Seems he had no choice in who was in the mayor elections, he just told you "who he liked" Which he told my inside person was me the most. Righto.

Someone on the inside being your buddy lance? Mmhmm, whatever, i'm not bothered.
As far as i was aware, bjoern shared the decision and if he'd disagreed with me i would have come to a compromise with him. Nobody told me otherwise, noone said it was purely my decision. The very way that I had organised and planned it, bjoern was to have a say in the candidates also to avoid this very scenario. Why the hell else do you think i asked you to send him a copy of your application too? To spam his mailbox?

I really don't care anymore, since it's all over now. You can go on being bitter and spiteful, and spam me with accusations of bias, but it makes no difference. You people don't seem to like nice things being done on the server, so i'm not going to hold another election. Bjoern or ZH can if they want, but if this is the kind of crap i get then I'm not going to.

On another note, congratulations again, spike. Im looking forward to seeing your RP event :)

Nappa
07-27-2004, 02:34 AM
Yep. If you will stop holding events, then my job is done and I can go back and crawl under my rock again.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-27-2004, 02:51 AM
Oh no, why the hell should i quit my job? I enjoy holding events, and the rest of the populace enjoys me holding them too. I just said that i'm not going to hold another election because its not worth wasting that time on childish people such as yourself.

Nappa
07-27-2004, 05:01 AM
You might as well quit doing those too since I'm always gonna be here.

Dehitay
07-27-2004, 07:34 AM
Well, Spike won with 76 votes against 48 from me and 18 to Dehitay. I'm not gonna say something mean about him because it won't help a damn.

DANGIT!!!
My computer could not have chosen a more inconvenient time to crash
My hard drive completely self destructed on Friday night
Which ruins all my chance of yelling at people to vote for me
I didn't even get to hold one my Pirate Events, and I missed 2 of Misty's
I'm sorry I got taken away during the elections, but not as sorry as I am angry about it
I seriously believe I stood a good chance of winning the thing had I the chance to talk to people voting
and I know that I wanted to do some hosting

GoZelda
07-27-2004, 12:01 PM
Wow, so you got no life? Being on 24/7 must be difficult...

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-27-2004, 03:15 PM
You might as well quit doing those too since I'm always gonna be here.

Uh, no man. There's nothing you can do to whinge about things like labyrinth, waterglass, cart race, football, etc etc etc. And if you did go ahead and try wo whine anyway, well i guess that'd be harassment.

Brad
07-27-2004, 08:07 PM
im glad we have a scammer ******* as the mayor.

Dehitay
07-27-2004, 08:09 PM
Wow, so you got no life? Being on 24/7 must be difficult...
Dang straight

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-27-2004, 08:24 PM

As opposed to a USD seller with a ban history? Sorry brad, but you have no right to go pointing fingers.

Dehitay
07-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Dehitay has a right to point fingers
and I'll poke you all with an iron index finger
poke you till you initiate a revote where my computer doesn't crash beneath me

GoZelda
07-27-2004, 08:56 PM
And a liar aswell. Tsk, spreading lies 'bout your concurrents is a little... :\

Brad
07-28-2004, 07:24 AM
And a liar aswell. Tsk, spreading lies 'bout your concurrents is a little... :\

..? Didn't I try to help you win asshat?

And I don't give a **** if I sell for USD. Angel has told me it is legal via aim as well as other administrators telling me this as well. Boohoo, I deleted forest kingdom a few months ago, I've told off a few internet prostitutes, and I've swore a few times. Cry me a river.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-28-2004, 12:04 PM
..? Didn't I try to help you win asshat?

He was talking about spike, not you, dullard -_-

And who cares if what you're doing is legal, it's still wrong :redface:

GoZelda
07-28-2004, 12:26 PM
No it's not.

Brad
07-28-2004, 03:50 PM
He was talking about spike, not you, dullard -_-

There is nothing wrong about it. I make a good profit and am doing nothing wrong in the process. Quit crying because you can't do it.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-28-2004, 04:06 PM
There is nothing wrong about it. I make a good profit and am doing nothing wrong in the process. Quit crying because you can't do it.

...I don't want to do it, because i think it's wrong. Don't use such childish retorts, they're just pointless. And you're unbalancing the economy of GK, making it completely unfair because only those who are rich IRL can afford powerful items. Being rich ingame is possible for everybody, but being rich IRL isn't. You're doing something wrong, and you know you are.

Damix2
07-28-2004, 07:50 PM
...I don't want to do it, because i think it's wrong. Don't use such childish retorts, they're just pointless. And you're unbalancing the economy of GK, making it completely unfair because only those who are rich IRL can afford powerful items. Being rich ingame is possible for everybody, but being rich IRL isn't. You're doing something wrong, and you know you are.

Stop stating your opinions like they are fact. If he wants to do it, and its not illiegal, then he can do it.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-28-2004, 08:11 PM
Stop stating your opinions like they are fact. If he wants to do it, and its not illiegal, then he can do it.

Butbutbutbutbutbutbut... :frown:

Brad
07-28-2004, 09:10 PM

I don't find ANYTHING wrong with it at all. Players spend their time working in-game can get powerful items. Other players spend time IRL to work for money so they can get powerful in game. Both requires time and effort. I WIN.

Dehitay
07-28-2004, 09:18 PM
The only problem is the lack of intelligence upon the part of the Graalian community
I still can't believe that people will still trust random strangers
Unless Brad offers to give the item first and then allow them to give money via paypal
(which I'm almost positive he doesn't since he's been doing this long enough to know better)
I don't see what rational person would accept his offers
but we lack a good deal of rational people on Graal

But back to the point, keep saying that thing you were saying about Spike
then go dig up some dirt so we can impeach him and start a revote
That way I can actually stand a chance this time around of becoming mayor
instead of having to wait a month

GoZelda
07-28-2004, 09:53 PM
The only problem is the lack of intelligence upon the part of the Graalian community
I still can't believe that people will still trust random strangers
Unless Brad offers to give the item first and then allow them to give money via paypal
(which I'm almost positive he doesn't since he's been doing this long enough to know better)
I don't see what rational person would accept his offers
but we lack a good deal of rational people on Graal

But back to the point, keep saying that thing you were saying about Spike
then go dig up some dirt so we can impeach him and start a revote
That way I can actually stand a chance this time around of becoming mayor
instead of having to wait a month
Don't double post please...

GryffonDurime
07-28-2004, 09:58 PM

How can it unbalance the economy? First, the economy is unbalanced by nature. Second, how did Brad get those items in the first place? It's not like he's just got some corrupt little admin popping off rings for him to sell. He's played the game to get the items- it's his choice what he wants to do with them within the rules of the game

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-28-2004, 09:59 PM
Players spend their time working in-game can get powerful items.

No, they can't, because *****ic players are only willing to buy/sell items for usd.

Dehitay
07-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Don't double post please...
That's not double posting
Double posting is where you make 2 different posts
It's dumb comments like that which give your words less credibility than my horrible typing style gives mine

Lance
07-28-2004, 10:07 PM
No, they can't, because *****ic players are only willing to buy/sell items for usd.

Except they can win their own items just like everybody else.

GoZelda
07-28-2004, 10:08 PM
That's not double posting
Double posting is where you make 2 different posts
It's dumb comments like that which give your words less credibility than my horrible typing style gives mine
You are double posting for the leet people who use Hybrid (such as me :cool: ). And you violated one of the rules, you must quite whom you are responding too. You obviously used the reply button and posted something which has no relevance to the first post.

Lance
07-28-2004, 10:10 PM
You are double posting for the leet people who use Hybrid (such as me :cool: ). And you violated one of the rules, you must quite whom you are responding too. You obviously used the reply button and posted something which has no relevance to the first post.

What in the world are you talking about?

GoZelda
07-28-2004, 10:17 PM
What in the world are you talking about?
-Dehitay: Dehitay has a right to point...
-Dehitay: The only problem is the lack...
--GoZelda: Don't double post please...
---Dehitay: That's not double...
----GoZelda :You are double posting for...
-----Lance: What in the world are you...

That's what it looks like for hybrid and threaded users. Dehitay double-posted for people like me, so I posted so. But now I realise they were today and yesterday x_x So my apologies for that, Dehitay. But anyway, a rule should be added that those who not use hybrid/threaded should quote who they're replying too else it'll be confusing for hybrid/threaded users.

Lance
07-28-2004, 10:33 PM
-Dehitay: Dehitay has a right to point...
-Dehitay: The only problem is the lack...
--GoZelda: Don't double post please...
---Dehitay: That's not double...
----GoZelda :You are double posting for...
-----Lance: What in the world are you...

That's what it looks like for hybrid and threaded users. Dehitay double-posted for people like me, so I posted so. But now I realise they were today and yesterday x_x So my apologies for that, Dehitay. But anyway, a rule should be added that those who not use hybrid/threaded should quote who they're replying too else it'll be confusing for hybrid/threaded users.

So you complain that he is not preserving the tree structure. :P

GoZelda
07-29-2004, 12:09 AM
So you complain that he is not preserving the tree structure. :P
Uh yeah and it confused me. There should be a rule for that too.