PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom flowers..Part2!

TeRRi2k
06-29-2004, 03:51 AM
http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?p=982524#post982524

Please refer to above post. Kingdom flowers.

So, this is a post for all to suggesttheir opinions on what the flower should look like. =] I'll be designing it unless someone else wants to. Please be specific with what you want. It's hard for me to make things unless i know EXACTLY what the shell i'm doing. =)

I was hoping that the flower would relate to our kingdom colours, which i have no clue what LOL. I was thinking before like a big rose would be nice, but then it's not too unique. Hmm. But at the end how it looks counts more for what the name is. =) The name coudl be anything, so long as it fits.

Please post your ideas ^_^ I'm hoping to get opinion from Royalty too, because they're important, wel everyone is. I'm hoping everyone will decide on something the same, or like. ^_^;

MasterNuke
06-29-2004, 08:01 AM
*sigh* The first thought to come to my mind is "what is the Princess's favorite flower?"

Myukoi
06-29-2004, 08:22 AM
OOH i love flowers, how about one flower too look kind of gothic lolita? sorry o.o i love that style, maybe a black flower with ice on it (wait there is no ice kingdom!) or something like that.. ooh how about... crystal roses! they could be crystal clear, and of course like all crystal have a sort of purple/pink shine shimmering on it! maybe even sparkly!

TeRRi2k
06-29-2004, 06:12 PM
crystal roses..lolz *reminded of neopets LOL*

I tried black roses..they dont seem to look nice becuse the soil/bg is already dark. hmm

and Ed, i already made my fav xD

Myukoi
06-29-2004, 06:44 PM
o.o sorry XD i love enchanted fairy like things and gothic lolita type things.. hm. maybe look at the flowers in the perfume shop for inspiration?

Crono
06-29-2004, 09:35 PM
crystal roses..lolz *reminded of neopets LOL*

-_-;;

Anywho, back on track. The flowers should be based off a town's theme. For example zormite would have "icey"/watery flowers that are sparke blue while the pirates would have darker and not to attractive flowers.

TeRRi2k
06-29-2004, 10:15 PM
I repeat, I do not do kingdom flowers. <- it's for kingdoms who would LIKE to have a flower, so they submit themselves.

Zormite already has their flower. They're set to go. =]

At this rate, it seems like Zormite would be the only kingdom with a flower, but then, it's entirely up to the kingdom what they want (so hell do I care).

Myukoi
06-30-2004, 03:08 AM
Dustari should have beautiful roses, since there the most mediveil kingdom-ish kingdom.

Crono
06-30-2004, 03:18 AM
Dustari should have beautiful roses, since there the most mediveil kingdom-ish kingdom.

No it isn't. They're all celtic and crap. "Letz tak our queen in 2 batle"

It's enough that the women are fighting BUT THE QUEEN? I would understand if the King was fighting to boost the army's spirit but the QUEEN?

Wtf indeed.

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 04:01 AM
What's wrong with that? I fought wars as a Princess before e_e. She's the Queen, she can do whatever she wants =b It might seem weird for a girl/Queen to fight since of all the stereotypes/movies, etc. we know about and how typically in a lot of roleplays, you don't get girls fighting in battle. But the truth is not everyone roleplays on GK at all so the usual roles does not apply. :P

(if thou has power, use it!)

garglius1
06-30-2004, 04:04 AM
The Queen fought cuz she is the higest level person on GK.

garglius1
06-30-2004, 04:05 AM
And off-topic, Hurumi do you still play Neopets? If you do i could sell you some items on there for GK items

Myukoi
06-30-2004, 04:08 AM
Are you kidding? Tons of girls in dustari are kick ass and way more powerful then some of the men, they should be able to fight. The queen and king fighting in a war is kind of odd though. ._.

Crono
06-30-2004, 04:14 AM
I'm talking about rp wise. Women tend to have less muscles than men. How can they swing those 12 foot axes at samurai men who are holding their own weapons?

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 04:16 AM
Garglius, yeah i don't really play anymore. Kinda lost my pw

Why should the Queen miss out on all the fun :P Anyway it's a game, nobody goes by the rules anyway. XD

Myukoi
06-30-2004, 04:21 AM
Oo, i play neopets. XD i love all the plushies and such.. and if woman trained they could have a hell of alot more muscles the men, but yeah it is a game

Crono
06-30-2004, 04:07 PM
Garglius, yeah i don't really play anymore. Kinda lost my pw

Why should the Queen miss out on all the fun :P Anyway it's a game, nobody goes by the rules anyway. XD

One word ma'am

RP

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 05:00 PM
and like I mentioned before, not everyone on the server even RPs so then you have one person following the rules, and one person that don't. Yey

And then, anything is possible in rp anyway and we all know it

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-30-2004, 05:06 PM
war on GK is completely pointless anyway, and hurumi and crono are just pointing out one of the reasons why :)

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 05:18 PM
I just see it a way of having fun/spicing up kingdom stuffies/make things less dull
O;

Crono
06-30-2004, 05:41 PM
I just see it a way of having fun/spicing up kingdom stuffies/make things less dull
O;

Nothing wrong with that, but i want to see some real updates ;-;!

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 07:34 PM
o_O? i was talking abotu wars here yo LOL

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-30-2004, 08:30 PM
o_O? i was talking abotu wars here yo LOL

yeeeeah well i disagree, anyhow o_o
I don't really enjoy most wars, because they aren't even wars. all it is is "ok, go to another kingdom's island, get completely screwed by powerplayers, whilst the spells flying overhead (usually also casted by powerplayers) lag you all to hell, then just wait for the sagesuns to come along and kill everything and declare themselves the winners."

If the kingdoms had more than a 40% RPing-member count, and there was a -balanced- war system, and the magic/prayer system wasn't so poor, then MAYBE wars would be fun. but they're not =x

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 08:33 PM
Ehh I think it's fun. Even though I'm a Sagesun, I die easily xD lvl 29 ><

I guess just being in it ish okay, winning or losing xD. However i understand how some players might not like it so o.o it's just me maybe, since normally I don't DO anything on GK too much, which might explain why wars to me can seem fun

Crono
06-30-2004, 09:06 PM
You think its fun because you have a shield that was only made once -_- (or so I hear from a newblet source)

Myukoi
06-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Stefan needs to make the levitation spell work, the flying machine sucks.

TeRRi2k
06-30-2004, 10:17 PM
Well there was an even planned for that to be released o_O how does a shield make GK fun.., you're crazy =_= Stop nailing meh plz. (Before i hammer yah!)

GoZelda
06-30-2004, 10:28 PM
God wars on GK sucks.

Crono
06-30-2004, 10:50 PM
Stop nailing meh plz. (Before i hammer yah!)

I'll hammer yah bak LOL

No seriously, I will LOL

kk..LOL~~~

>_>; On the mature side, I have nothing more to add.

LOL

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-30-2004, 10:59 PM
I'll hammer yah bak LOL

No seriously, I will LOL

kk..LOL~~~

>_>; On the mature side, I have nothing more to add.

LOL

*High fives*

:spam: :spam: :spam:

Crono
07-01-2004, 12:00 AM
*High fives*

:spam: :spam: :spam:

Did you get who I was copying with the LOL's?

Myukoi
07-01-2004, 12:26 AM
Wow, you guys suck. There doing HUGE things for kingdoms, this is just a little thing that they could do quick and then they did! It's over and now there working on other stuff, little things like this make a game! I can't believe you two are acting like this.

TeRRi2k
07-01-2004, 02:43 AM
On a more maturer side, i can ignore him huh?

I already got consent from Zoe what flower she wants. All you other *****s can sit and laugh but at least i take my work seriously, whether it's down the pit on the priority chart or not.

Myukoi
07-01-2004, 04:13 AM
Wow, i have never seen Hurumi.. like that. o_o you guys brought out her dark side! i like it.

TeRRi2k
07-01-2004, 04:47 AM
(look at my sig ^_^ my nice and 'dark' side..wahaha?)

Myukoi
07-01-2004, 05:13 AM
OH now i understand, it's your good side and dark side. XD

Crono
07-01-2004, 11:52 AM
Wow, you guys suck. There doing HUGE things for kingdoms, this is just a little thing that they could do quick and then they did!

Wow so huge. I would prefer they thought of a way to implement SOME rping and maybe some new dungeons. Seriously, is generating a new dungeon then slapping maybe 2-3 new monsters into it really that hard?

How about different houses? Isn't anyone sick of seeing the same playerhouses over and over? I know Huru knows how to make graphics, It's simply a matter of editing.

Some sort kingdom specials? ANYTHING AT ALL?

How about some horse weapons :[[?

Compared to whats listed making flowers is nothing, though the flowers look good and are an -OK- idea and all but we really need something bigger, NEW, and useful.

GoZelda
07-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Did you get who I was copying with the LOL's?
I think he understood and that was why he high-fived you.

Although the flowers are nice, I'd like some other addition too. Some are perhaps more, or atleast just as easy to add. For example, remove maps alltogther and place the monsters in dungeons; panthers, sabre tooth tigers, iguanadons and red rexes (what's Graal's vibe with extinct creatures? Hope mammoots won't be next) in a sort of rainforest, bigworms and perhaps some smaller version or other creature in a desert. The rainforest would only require some new tree/plant images, the desert a bit more work.

TeRRi2k
07-01-2004, 05:24 PM
Wow so huge. I would prefer they thought of a way to implement SOME rping and maybe some new dungeons. Seriously, is generating a new dungeon then slapping maybe 2-3 new monsters into it really that hard?

New dungeon - new tileset, unless you want existing ones. And new monsters ARE coming out, it's just somethign that other staff are working on so I don't know when. Please do -not- say 'is it really that hard?' when you haven't worked on anything on GK before. Note that everyone works at different paces and have different expectations.

How about different houses? Isn't anyone sick of seeing the same playerhouses over and over? I know Huru knows how to make graphics, It's simply a matter of editing.

it's morethan just editing then. If the shape of houses are going to look a bit different, then materials would have to be changed, so scripts will be edited. Ganis would have to be changed. Etc. Gfx/parts in the gani can be modified, but again, if you want completely different ones, new gfx would have to be made.

How about some horse weapons :[[?

Okay, I dont get this. First people complain about pets lagging, and I myself get annoyed and people who walk past you with like 6 horses, so now you people want weapons for it when people already complain about the lag...? I guess horse weapons would be a cool thing though especially in RP.

Compared to whats listed making flowers is nothing, though the flowers look good and are an -OK- idea and all but we really need something bigger, NEW, and useful.

I heard alchemy is coming out soon because Jagen asked me to test it out with him today, before Stefan leaves anyway. So i'm hoping that's true. And there's probably other things I'm not informed of.

Crono
07-01-2004, 06:16 PM
New dungeon - new tileset, unless you want existing ones. And new monsters ARE coming out, it's just somethign that other staff are working on so I don't know when. Please do -not- say 'is it really that hard?' when you haven't worked on anything on GK before. Note that everyone works at different paces and have different expectations.

Of course you're going to use the existing tile set, whats wrong with them? They're dungeony enough. 3 new monsters is all I'm asking for at the moment. How long has it been since the last new monster has came out? I know the glok lord was edited but someone screw me over and correct me if im wrong but I have no seen a monster change since early/mid 2003.

it's morethan just editing then. If the shape of houses are going to look a bit different, then materials would have to be changed, so scripts will be edited. Ganis would have to be changed. Etc. Gfx/parts in the gani can be modified, but again, if you want completely different ones, new gfx would have to be made.

No they wouldnt. I'm talking about just the outsides. It would be for looks, not really having anything to do with materials. When you build a house it will generate a random outside gfx and stick to it. Maybe 1-4 different gfx's to be randomized from.

Ganis wouldnt have to be modifying much. I mean, isnt the gani just showing the house sitting there?

New gfx = why we have some global gats and people like you?

Okay, I dont get this. First people complain about pets lagging, and I myself get annoyed and people who walk past you with like 6 horses, so now you people want weapons for it when people already complain about the lag...? I guess horse weapons would be a cool thing though especially in RP.

I've never complained about horse lag have I experienced it. Or have I? Horse weapons would be a matter of getting on one and wielding a lance. Seriously the GANI work shouldn't take more than a week or two.

I heard alchemy is coming out soon because Jagen asked me to test it out with him today, before Stefan leaves anyway. So i'm hoping that's true. And there's probably other things I'm not informed of.

We already had Alchemy did we not? Then it was taken out to fix bugs and such..I think?

TeRRi2k
07-01-2004, 07:43 PM
Yes but it's being brought back now or something like that

as for the houses, it's arguable since i dont' knwo hat you have in mind: completely different or just a bit bigger with the door to the side, or a bit wider, etc. and I wasn't talking about the insides anyway. But the insides should be different if the outside looks totally different. And there arn't any GGT people i see, cept Chris.

(brief reply, busy.)

Crono
07-01-2004, 08:09 PM
And there arn't any GGT people i see, cept Chris.

(brief reply, busy.)

Isn't Zen one too? I think there are 3 in total, not sure >_<!

GoZelda
07-01-2004, 08:10 PM
Yes but it's being brought back now or something like that

as for the houses, it's arguable since i dont' knwo hat you have in mind: completely different or just a bit bigger with the door to the side, or a bit wider, etc. and I wasn't talking about the insides anyway. But the insides should be different if the outside looks totally different. And there arn't any GGT people i see, cept Chris.

(brief reply, busy.)
Did you notice that the houses are different for each kingdom? :rolleyes:

Crono
07-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Did you notice that the houses are different for each kingdom? :rolleyes:

Makes me wonder why the inside of a samurai house is as "tall" (up and down) as the ones @ dustari. :O

I dont really care about the insides, i'm just saying that the outsides can be slightly edited and then used as random outside gfx for playerhouses.

Myukoi
07-02-2004, 12:39 AM
I really want to see a weather system (if it's possible and not real laggy), day/night (come on stefan, graal2001 had one!), make spells like levitation work, and things like forests and stuff WITHOUT monsters, going out in a forest with friends on an adventure would be great, also i like the idea of flowers and stuff on kingdom islands because kingdom isalnds need more stuff like special flowers, i mean come on these islands need stuff to make alot of people actually wanna get on them, and then kings/queens need to hold balls and such! and maybe a nice formal wedding.. maybe one day it could be like dark ages, i mean there are SO many huge places and each one has quite alot of people, i know hurumi has got some costume design ideas from them, maybe she should look at some more, hehe like the formal dresses. I'm really into Graal Kingdoms! I hope it lasts, i mean it's just now in beta and graal3d is coming. >_>

Crono
07-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Gee thanks for deleting my post when I was only stating the truth.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-02-2004, 01:10 AM
and things like forests and stuff WITHOUT monsters, going out in a forest with friends on an adventure would be great

Hmm, yeah, proper big forests and such would be good, also deserts. I think a big continent could be made or something, which could accomodate more things such as deserts, ice-caps, forests, rivers, etc...because as lovely as the idea of an archipelagos is, you can't really have a lot of variation all in that tiny space, and if you just built another island and covered it in desert or forest, noone would bother going there.

Also, i think if there was a big forest, then if it was big enough, i'd like there to be monsters here and there (possibly even say, a forest lord, or a drow or something, which sometimes can be found wandering around the forest that you can kill). Possibly my favourite level on Diablo 2 is the Dark Woods level, where like...as soon as you stray from the path, you're swamped by trees, and then out from the trees come like HUNDREDS of carvers and stuff, and skeleton archers and spearwomen ambush you. The whole idea of an ambush of monsters in a forest, and a big battle through the trees is elite!
Oh yeah, forgot i'm not supposed to talk about other games. Oh well ;P

ps. what did you post, crono? Pm me it or something if you dont want another post deleted, lol.

Myukoi
07-02-2004, 01:26 AM
good ideas! i think more ways to reach the other islands would be good too, maybe something fantasy like.. a monster that flys you to it, or teleportation and such. more people on islands will help.. i'm going to go make the ultimate advertise thread for graal kingdoms and post it everywhere! GK is too good and cheap.. needs more people.

GryffonDurime
07-04-2004, 01:18 AM
good ideas! i think more ways to reach the other islands would be good too, maybe something fantasy like.. a monster that flys you to it, or teleportation and such. more people on islands will help.. i'm going to go make the ultimate advertise thread for graal kingdoms and post it everywhere! GK is too good and cheap.. needs more people.

If you advertise Graal on Gaia...

My Phosphyr promise applies. K?

Myukoi
07-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Already did, and will continue. <3 BTW AWESOME CLOTHES! I wear angel outfit, go unload dishwasher, then try on everyone!

GryffonDurime
07-04-2004, 02:55 AM
Already did, and will continue. <3 BTW AWESOME CLOTHES! I wear angel outfit, go unload dishwasher, then try on everyone!

There were enough idiots on Graal before.

And as for flowers being nonessential, deal with it. You got a bone thrown to you. Gnaw on it a while. At least it's SOMETHING. It shows that some people, like Hurumi, are doing some kind of work to make 2k2 a better place. Whinning about how flowers arent a big change isn't going to get anything done.

Myukoi
07-04-2004, 05:21 AM
Yes and check out her clothes shop now. It's like the cutest clothes, even better then ones i have seen on Dark Ages! One is like this female apron thingy, another is like an angelic goddess, then there is awesome kimonos and samurai style and all kinds of great things. Lots of beautiful skirts too. The guys are kinda ugly though, i never saw a graal male body any good.

TeRRi2k
07-04-2004, 05:42 AM
Lol i only made one of the guy bodies.. sorry, but I can't seem to make guy stuff look good...partly is probably because I don't care enough to make it look really nice / im not a guy..i don't know what they want.
:P and i never said flowers would be a big change (wow, miracle..? xD) i was just hoping it will look fun/nice/watever, not like some revolutionary thing that will change our lives on GK. Heck no :P [i'm probably just a staff that does things to make GK more eye-pleasing..hm.]

Myukoi
07-04-2004, 05:52 AM
that is exactly what i was trying to get through to them, you can't do this huge update, your not stefan, but you do add things that the feminine people on graal like, such as flowers, perfume, clothes, towns like hotaru, beauty contests, i mean this is the only reason i even have graal installed, cause there is staff like you who make things like food and cute graphics and stuff, grr i can't believe were all still arguing about this XD, i think this last message should be the end.

Myukoi
07-04-2004, 08:02 AM
i'm BEAUTIFUL! BOYS WILL LOVE ME!

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Myukoi/4.png

o.o this a picture i did for the advertising on gaia online. all i got was "omg gk sux oldskool graal ownz all" from random strange blue haired spiked naked men.

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Myukoi/3.png

I think i will wear the very detailed kimono looking outfit that's new (not the orange one) because i don't wanna look like no housewife, and the angel one is kinda wedding-ish.. i wish there was a really gothic lolita type of outfit XP

Crono
07-04-2004, 04:53 PM
-hates cross dressers, specially males who act very girly and dress up as girls-

GoZelda
07-04-2004, 05:17 PM
i'm BEAUTIFUL! BOYS WILL LOVE ME!
Seems like the only boy loving you is yourself...

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v53/Myukoi/4.png

o.o this a picture i did for the advertising on gaia online. all i got was "omg gk sux oldskool graal ownz all" from random strange blue haired spiked naked men
What kind of retarded advertisement is that? Even posting the sprites would have had more succes.

GryffonDurime
07-04-2004, 07:13 PM
Is it so much to ask for a nice white robe/armor hybrid?

I miss my 2k1 body. And my 2k1 hair. I want my hair back. To whomever crafts a fine body and hair combo, I shall award the entire fortune of the House of Durime.

Which equals out to around 12 Platinum coins, a pen, and a somewhat large yet undesirably backwater Dustari fief.

Myukoi
07-04-2004, 08:45 PM
o.o Crossdress? You can't crossdress on a game unless you have male head/female body or whatever. I'm roleplaying as the female which i write for and stuff, Willow Rulyan. I take the events which happen in some games, remake them, make stories out of them. I hate *****s such as yourself who can't read and understand such simple concept. And i posted other pictures of me too, o.o And of me talking to people. And me cooking! And me battling the true evil shell bomy and saaving the world. Or atleast that's what they think i did. ;)

GoZelda
07-04-2004, 08:55 PM
You're male. You use female clothes (in a game, but hell). So you are a crossdresser. I hate *****s as yourself who can't read and understand such simple concept.

TeRRi2k
07-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Even if he's a crossdresser, it doesn't matter. In fact, she's just trying to RP, and RPing gives you a chance to play a person/person with a personality that you normally wouldn't have, etc. Basically gender doesn't matter in games anyway. Because it's not like in real life and you can't tell for sure over the net. Anyway, it's not like he crossdresses irl. (but then if so, none of us know him irl so, no matter.)

Crono
07-04-2004, 10:57 PM
He was on the forums pretending to be a girl for months. No one liked "her" so then he made a new account and confessed everthing.

RPing as the opposite gender is a piss poor excuse to cross dress. I'd rather rp with a real female than a fake one, thank you very much.

Myukoi
07-05-2004, 12:10 AM
? It's no different then having to play as females in games like Silent Hill 3, your not a very good roleplayer if you think that you can only roleplay as "macho men" if you have a *****. *rolls eyes* Atleast hurumi actually has a brain.

Crono
07-05-2004, 01:22 AM
As do I. Who said anything about macho men? It's better than running around yelling NEKO NEKO ^_________________________________^ like most girly men do.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-05-2004, 01:32 AM
As do I. Who said anything about macho men? It's better than running around yelling NEKO NEKO ^_________________________________^ like most girly men do.

Lol i would high five but i'm too tired.

Anyway, you should all SHUT UP, because the human race should conform to my ideals and no other. And that's that.

Myukoi
07-05-2004, 02:30 AM
I love flowers, are they up yet?

TeRRi2k
07-05-2004, 04:37 AM
we're not working on them at the moment...been busy with some events/some crafting stuff. i gotta finish the one for dustari any how. My classes are starting soon so I don't know how much time i'll have later on

GoZelda
07-05-2004, 01:14 PM
I love flowers, are they up yet?
I like swords.

Monkeyboy_McGee
07-05-2004, 01:36 PM
I like swords.

I have a pony.

Crono
07-05-2004, 02:28 PM
I like 3 mile wide nuclear missles.

Emily sure knows how to use that PM button :]

Myukoi
07-06-2004, 02:44 AM
How dare you call me that, the tasteful lingerie lasts for eternity, however that surely does not give you access to the pleasures of lemon lime.

GryffonDurime
07-06-2004, 03:03 AM
How dare you call me that, the tasteful lasts for eternity, however that surely does not give you access to the pleasures of lemon lime.

That seems.....random

Moreso than usual

Googi
07-11-2004, 05:15 AM
RPing as the opposite gender is a piss poor excuse to cross dress.

Is it really a bad excuse?

TeRRi2k
07-11-2004, 04:43 PM
I dont think it's that bad of an excuse. I just don't think it's that big of a deal at all.

Anyway, to whoever that thinks its a poor excuse...it's not like anyone is asking you to be friends with him. If you don't like him because he wears girl "sprites" then just stay away/dont pay attention to him. I have a friend named Shrimp who used to go around as a girl simply because he didn't like the guy sprites,hair,face,etc. Anyway it's only a game :rolleyes:

Myukoi
07-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it's not like i'm going to change just because of one or two people. :p so you can just be annoyed.

Googi
07-18-2004, 12:17 AM
I have a friend named Shrimp who used to go around as a girl simply because he didn't like the guy sprites,hair,face,etc.

What happened to Shrimp anyways?

TeRRi2k
07-18-2004, 02:41 AM
What happened to Shrimp anyways?

I have no clue, I got a new sn so I never seen him no more. *shrug* He just kinda quit graal and never came back I suppose.

GoZelda
07-18-2004, 04:24 PM
He quit, came back for 2 days and got some stuffs from MarkB, then dissapeared...