PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Item Balancing

Thallen
06-24-2004, 09:45 PM
This great vision popped into my head when I noticed KJ had their own shield and boots, a good shield, and probably the best boots possible. The boots were changed several times, and now they are: speed +3, AC +1, WC -1, armour +8 (I believe) - With the WC negative, I'm assuming whoever added the item thought it'd equalize it, but when you +10 it, the damn thing has 11 added AC, and 9 added WC, among great speed. That's crazy. Kingdom items need to be more balanced, not in statistics, but in number. While some kingdoms has 2 items, others have 1, and even Zormite has 4, with their 2 shields, wand, and blade. I say every kingdom have one item, things need to be a lot more balanced, especially those damned boots! Here's what I see in kingdom items:

CRESCENT PIRATES
Large Piratebelt (already established): DEX +1, WC +1, armour +8, resist posion +8, weight 5 kg (modified weight)
No other armour type seems fit for a pirate aside the belt, and I think it's fair enough for the kingdom.

DUSTARI
Dustari Boots (already established): speed +1, AC +2, armour +5, weight 12 kg (modified weight)
Dustari is more of the traditional miltia-style kingdoms, right? Boots seem fit for this kingdom, none other.

FOREST
Elven Bow (modified): damage +13, luck+1, attacktype(s): physical, weight 1 kg (modified)
Currently, Forest has a shield, which I don't really think is fit for the kingdom. I hear it used to have a bow, and I think a bow fits just fine for the woodsmen.

KURENAI JOUKAI
Kurenai Joukai Shield (already established): speed +2, AC +1, armour +8, weight 28kg (modified)
Currently the KJ shield has CON +1. Why? Why is the shield going to raise your constitution? Eliminate the boots, but speed +2 on the shield, and you'll be good to go.

ZORMITE REPUBLIC
Zormite Wand (already established): WIS+1 magic+1 (modified)
I think of Zormite as more of the sorcerer-type kingdom. I say the Zormite Blade still be craftable at the island, but incorporate a wand not that just looks different, but adds wisdom and some magic.

Craigus
06-24-2004, 09:52 PM
The KJ boots need the wc-1 removed and some other negative added like a wis-1 or pow-1 :X

GoZelda
06-24-2004, 10:04 PM
Why not a pirate hat instead of the belt? And I don't like the Forest and Zormite ideas. If you really want to balance it, every kingdom should have 1 shield, one weapon, one boot-type, etc.

Thallen
06-25-2004, 01:07 AM
Why not a pirate hat instead of the belt? And I don't like the Forest and Zormite ideas. If you really want to balance it, every kingdom should have 1 shield, one weapon, one boot-type, etc.
No, 1 shield, 1 weapon, and 1 helmet, the three things that show up. I requested this, but it was denied, so I went ahead with this idea.

MasterNuke
06-25-2004, 01:12 AM
Pssh... Any kingdom can have any amount of items they want to have... if a kingdom really wanted to have their own whackey fashion statement, then they would make one... afterall... they have the resources of a kingdom to make it.

I think each kingdom should have a relic though... an item that the King holds... if the King is slain in RP... the item must go to the heir... or it can sit on an Altar as a kingdom's symbol or whatnot.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-25-2004, 01:42 AM
Psh, the zormite wand and blade are craftable, and you know that, you little ******, so **** saying that zormite has 4 of them and that it's unbalancing the game. Kingdom items make ****ing no difference to the inbalance of the game, so run along and try thinking properly next time.

ps. whatever crappy retort you throw at me, im not going to respond, bye

csod123
06-25-2004, 01:56 AM
Psh, the zormite wand and blade are craftable, and you know that, you little ******, so **** saying that zormite has 4 of them and that it's unbalancing the game. Kingdom items make ****ing no difference to the inbalance of the game, so run along and try thinking properly next time.

i agree, our shields only show that we are loyal members. Along with the other items you from kingdoms. picking one item that everyone has to follow is realy stupid. not everyone uses magic, just like not everyone uses weapons

Thallen
06-25-2004, 02:15 AM

This kid has a huge attitude problem.

--Chris--
06-26-2004, 02:21 AM
Wands shouldn't have stats and Forest is the elven/magi kingdom. Furthermore I prefer my bows original stats, 1kg is unrealistic...and I prefer less damage but magical attacktype. The only kingdom item that needs change is the bug with KJ boots and the pow+1 on the zormite shield of honor to int+1 or two. Hell that thing shouldn't even exist.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Hell that thing shouldn't even exist.

There're a lot of things on GK that shouldn't exist, lolololol one one one. One.

Thallen
06-26-2004, 04:45 AM
There're a lot of things on GK that shouldn't exist, lolololol one one one. One.
Yes, like you.
And on that note, I suppose I will stop insulting you.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-26-2004, 02:52 PM
Yes, like you.
And on that note, I suppose I will stop insulting you.

Yea, probly for the best, you're crap at it anyway :rolleyes:

Python523
07-05-2004, 01:17 AM
You can't add stats to wands

Thallen
07-05-2004, 01:57 AM
You can't add stats to wands
Why not though?

Dehitay
07-05-2004, 02:55 AM
Isn't there some kind of lightning arrow wand that has some added stats?
or did I just manage to mistranslate things again?

Python523
07-05-2004, 03:30 AM

It doesn't have added stats

And they can't have stats because the system doesn't let you add them

Thallen
07-05-2004, 06:29 AM
It doesn't have added stats

And they can't have stats because the system doesn't let you add them
Fight (rescript) the system. :cool:

Zero Hour
07-05-2004, 09:24 AM
Wands shouldn't have stats.

The more powerful the bow the more it should way, and viceversa.
craftable items shouldn't count as kingdom items.
if a kingdom wants an item it can likely request it be done, and if it's approved it will likely be created...o.o

Thallen
07-05-2004, 09:29 AM
Wands shouldn't have stats.

The more powerful the bow the more it should way, and viceversa.
craftable items shouldn't count as kingdom items.
if a kingdom wants an item it can likely request it be done, and if it's approved it will likely be created...o.o
So that explains the Zormite Shield of Honor? How exactly are the kingdom items distributed then?

csod123
07-06-2004, 06:58 PM

it is an alchemy item. i have no idea what the recipie is, it is like called arrow of slay dragon or assasinate dragon or assasinate trool.

Brad
07-07-2004, 01:40 AM
no

lightning wand was a wand

added NO stats just looked cool

wands cannot have added stats because of how they're in the MUDfiles or whatever

we need ORC CLUB

Nappa
07-07-2004, 02:36 AM
we need ORC CLUB

AGREE.

For Legion of Ogma members only.

GoldSri
07-07-2004, 03:42 AM
I think it isnt the items needing balanced its the making of items (say by staff for example) or the duping of items that should be focused on...the ammount of things that have become less valuable due to items being created or duped

The lightining wand for exapmle..there are only meant to be two..but ive seen 4

greeno
07-19-2004, 05:40 AM
server reset anyone? :P That's really the only way you can fix things without making it unfair to someone, everyone would be angry, but you can't say "HES GOT A DUPED ITEM FROM HIS STAFF [email protected]#$111" Because mainly, you'll know if anything is created outside of an event, because no one should have it. Events staff should be required to keep a log, (theres probably one already, but probably only stefan/unixmad can look at it, but like they'll do anything... :p) I'm not for this idea but, it's just a game, if you lie/cheat/abuse that's your thing, but others play for a good time, they have the choice of peaceful mode so they cannot be attacked by these "overpowered" people.

Rick
07-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Wands can have stat bonuses, they are just not displayed on right-click.

Splke
07-19-2004, 08:21 AM
New items = Bad

Fix Bugs = Good

More Monsters = Good

New Dungeons = Good

Kingdom Activity = Good

New items = Good after all of that stuff

Emily_Cruddas
07-19-2004, 08:49 AM
what he says. :rolleyes: