PDA

View Full Version : I'm lagging.. =(

JrTerrorist
06-24-2004, 02:05 AM
I've turned of like everything besides lights.
Why am I lagging?!
Whenever I enter a level with more than like.. two people in it I lag horribly.
I don't lag at all in FFXI or any other games I play..

..help =(

Trevor
06-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Is it client lag or latency lag?

matt8891
06-24-2004, 03:32 AM
I've turned of like everything besides lights.
Why am I lagging?!
Whenever I enter a level with more than like.. two people in it I lag horribly.
I don't lag at all in FFXI or any other games I play..

..help =(

Lights will still make you lag....And if you play ERA or Kingdoms and you have lights on of course it will lag. Otherwise i suggest you remove useless programs from your computer and exit other programs and only let graal run when your playing it.

zs0
06-24-2004, 04:38 AM
They also keep saying that lag will end every version of Graal there is. Yet I haven't seen this change take place :x

Xecutor
06-24-2004, 04:41 AM
Whenever I have Graal on my CPU usage is at 100 percent but my PF usage isnt.

Trevor
06-24-2004, 04:42 AM
They also keep saying that lag will end every version of Graal there is. Yet I haven't seen this change take place :x
Lag can *not* be eliminated. Even if Graal has the most effecient network code there will still be lag. The Internet is not the fastest or most reliable way to transfer packets and, unfortunatley, is the way we must play online games.

Lag is inevitable.

zs0
06-24-2004, 05:26 AM
Yea I know, I don't know why they bother saying its going to be gone x_x

Trevor
06-24-2004, 05:27 AM
Yea I know, I don't know why they bother saying its going to be gone x_x
Who is this `they' you speak of?

zs0
06-24-2004, 08:47 AM
In updates, Stefan said there will be less lag and such

Loriel
06-24-2004, 08:52 AM
Graal claims all CPU time for accurate timing.

Thallen
06-24-2004, 04:44 PM
Whenever I have Graal on my CPU usage is at 100 percent but my PF usage isnt.
How do I check my CPU usage, and is there any way to increase the usage toward Graal?

xManiamaNx
06-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Windows XP/2000 - Just open the task manager. It tell;s the CPU usage.

Is it internet lag, or is it "ungodly low framerate lag" or something else?

GrowlZ1010
06-24-2004, 05:02 PM
How do I check my CPU usage, and is there any way to increase the usage toward Graal?
If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, it's as simple as opening the Task Manager (Ctrl-Shift-Escape), selecting the Performance tab, and, well, reading the numbers. To see what tasks are using what, switch to the Processes tab and click the "CPU" heading to have it sort by CPU usage. You can also change the process priority of any program by right-clicking on its process and going down to the "Set Priority" sub-menu, so that it's cleared to use more of your processor whenever it needs it, but this often slows down other applications and can even crash Windows - not usually severely, but make sure you save your work first.

Trevor
06-24-2004, 05:26 PM
In updates, Stefan said there will be less lag and such
Well I'm sure there will be less lag then. Stefan knows what he is talking about, he codes the stuff. It isn't like he just says that for no reason at all.