PDA

View Full Version : Menus

SSmutz
06-21-2001, 10:20 AM
Graal needs menus (File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc.), mainly for newbies who don't know all the keystrokes for things like pulling up the PM windom, or taking screenshots.
Also, perhaps, there could be a menu(s) in the NPC script editing window, so you could just click something in a menu to automatically add script commands, so you don't have to type them out.

Spearman
06-21-2001, 07:32 PM
sounds like a good idea

Silver Knight
06-27-2001, 01:36 PM
I found some program somewhere, that had stuff like for graal scripting. You could bring down a drop-down menu and select 'lay blue' and it would input the script to lay a blue gralat. Too bad I can't get the file since I got a new hard-drive, and my old one is screwed.

habek
06-27-2001, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by SSmutz
Graal needs menus (File, Edit, Tools, Help, etc.), mainly for newbies who don't know all the keystrokes for things like pulling up the PM windom, or taking screenshots.
Also, perhaps, there could be a menu(s) in the NPC script editing window, so you could just click something in a menu to automatically add script commands, so you don't have to type them out.
Excellent idea!!!

Slaktmaster
06-27-2001, 08:05 PM
SSmutz should be good idea admin.
That would be both good and handy!:)

Kaimetsu
06-27-2001, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by SSmutz

If so, then it should CERTAINLY be just an option, and not compulsary. Good scripters would find it useless and kinda insulting.

WhoopA
06-28-2001, 11:04 AM
Right. RPG Maker presents you with a list of commands which is great for newbies, but rather limiting for experienced programmers. If that feature is incorporated, it should STRICTLY be an option - something like the menus for TI-Basic on the TI-85 and up. You can either choose from the menus or type it in yourself.