PDA

View Full Version : Zormite Shield of Honour

GoZelda
06-13-2004, 05:22 PM
Well, recently I saw Zero Hour with the prementioned shield. Now what I was thinking, is that the emblem which is displayed on it isn't really appropiate for Zormite. More for France, I'd say.
http://romancereaderatheart.com/france/FleurdeLys.jpg
So I guess it'd be better if this emblem was changed to the shell that is used in the kingdom GUI?

Splke
06-15-2004, 12:41 PM
The shield does remind me of teh France emblem.. just, blue-er. o.o;

I don't think that should be used, I'm sure somebody could scavange and find the Zormite Emblem.

MasterNuke
06-16-2004, 06:12 AM
I personally wouldn't...

Search: French Military Victories (http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/victories.html)

I know it's not real... but I think Zormite should stay its own unique kingdom and not copy off of the French... as for the shield... it's just a sprite drawn by someone. The name symbolizes more than the image.

Brad
06-16-2004, 07:34 AM
haha its the saints emblem for the NFL

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/

--Chris--
06-16-2004, 07:42 AM
I heard about the shield recently and rather annoyed about it too. Stefan was saying when I released Forest shields to EVENT them to the PUBLIC. These shields are GIVEN to their members =/ Forest shield had ac+2 but was lowered to 1 but these shields have pow+1 AND wis+1? That's insane, that makes Forest shield practically inferior. Reason - because Arcane shield was the same? What kinda crap is that? Add INT or something like a resistance or speed to compramise...not a stat that's solely better than it's original state. Heh, maybe I should use this as an excuse to improve my Forest shield and we have this cycle of unbalancing the economy continue?

Edit: Did I mention this is the SECOND event type shield Zormite has?

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-16-2004, 04:02 PM
I heard about the shield recently and rather annoyed about it too. Stefan was saying when I released Forest shields to EVENT them to the PUBLIC. These shields are GIVEN to their members =/ Forest shield had ac+2 but was lowered to 1 but these shields have pow+1 AND wis+1? That's insane, that makes Forest shield practically inferior. Reason - because Arcane shield was the same? What kinda crap is that? Add INT or something like a resistance or speed to compramise...not a stat that's solely better than it's original state. Heh, maybe I should use this as an excuse to improve my Forest shield and we have this cycle of unbalancing the economy continue?

Edit: Did I mention this is the SECOND event type shield Zormite has?

Not really a problem when you look at the other kingdom's items, such as for example the boots and dustari and samurai have. Speed on them, which is mad useful. And the samurai one has wc, i think? Or is that the shield? (Anyway, how the hell do boots and shields contribute to attack-type stuff? *****). The other kingdoms have boots and shields, so Zormite has two shields. Both shields are, i might point out, inferior overall to the other kingdom's shields due to low armour and such.
I'd also like to point out that there are only a few of these Honour shields around, and the rule is, only the most worthy of people get them, not every tom **** and harry, like is the case i see with samurai shields and such. As far as i've seen, this rule is being stuck to, only wren, salli, ZH, uh, one or two dustarians, have the shield from what i can remember. Also, they're not being traded around like some common event item, like the other kingdom's boots and samurai's shield are.

Also, looking back at your post chris, ***** why would stefan want you to give a kingdom item to the public? He must not have been thinking hard that day o_O
The whole point of kingdom items is for only your deserving members to get one x_x

Edit: ***** @ "díck" being censored! XD

--Chris--
06-16-2004, 06:30 PM
The problem is the shield, I'm not talking about boots. That's a seperate issue on it's own - keep in mind the Samurai boots are BUGGED. Those aren't it's intended stats. "inferior overall to the other kingdom's shields due to low armour and such." Um..what? Are you aware Forest shield has the LOWEST ARMOR IN THE GAME? You aren't a thinking person at all, it being fewer is more of a problem. Not only does it make the game more imbalanced and the item THAT much more valuable but it's allocation is biased. "Hey, let's make a shield to improve our own stats - good idea" Sure other kingdoms have other items but eventually Zormite will too. In my opinion their should be ONE event item for each type of equipment and ONE craftable. Shall we do a comparison though? Zormite: wand, two shields, zormite sword....4. Forest: um...shield -1. Dustari - shield, boots, wand - 3. Heh.

"Also, looking back at your post chris, ***** why would stefan want you to give a kingdom item to the public? He must not have been thinking hard that day o_O"

I ended up EVENTING the majority of them to my kingdom only but I understand his point of view - to prevent biased unbalancing crap as seen with this shield of Zormite's.

"The whole point of kingdom items is for only your deserving members to get one "

Where did you pull that fact from? Are you aware I was the first person to introduce kingdom exclusive items? What you stated there isn't even a reason, more of a statement of greed. My reason in a nutshell is to distinguish and promote the kingdoms and in the case of limited items such as these shields - event fun.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-17-2004, 12:02 AM
"inferior overall to the other kingdom's shields due to low armour and such." Um..what? Are you aware Forest shield has the LOWEST ARMOR IN THE GAME?

Can't be, surely. I vividly remember, when i first won a zormite shield (They were evented, btw) and i was wearing it in Trade, everyone was like "Wtf shield is that?" i was like "Zormite shield, look *shows on table*" and then most people were like "*****, forest shield is way better. That armour's crap."

You aren't a thinking person at all

Oh, ****, sorry, didn't realise that not thinking like you is equivalent to not thinking at all =/

Zormite: wand, two shields, zormite sword....4. Forest: um...shield -1. Dustari - shield, boots, wand - 3. Heh.

Way to miss out the bow that's been made and displayed for forest, eh?
Why should it matter what items Forest has, anyway? You've got it under construction, and according to you, you're making items for it...

Where did you pull that fact from? Are you aware I was the first person to introduce kingdom exclusive items? What you stated there isn't even a reason, more of a statement of greed. My reason in a nutshell is to distinguish and promote the kingdoms and in the case of limited items such as these shields - event fun.

Not a fact, friend, but an opinion. You know, that thing i'm entitled to? ^^
It's my opinion that...since GK is meant to be an RPing server, and the Kingdoms are meant to be the most important aspect, along with the RP that goes on in them, there's nothing wrong with rewarding the more loyal members of them with gifts, especially ones with a concept like the Zshield of Honour. It gives an incentive to work hard in the kingdom, helping members, teaching them to RP, and doing good RP yourself, and such. Well, that's how i'd judge people worthy of the shield anyway. [/TROLLING]

Zero Hour
06-17-2004, 12:25 AM
Sorry about wearing my shield, I didn't realize my entire kingdom would come under fire. I suppose I will have to stop wearing it to please all of those who are slightly reminded of the fleur de lis. </sarcasm>

--Chris--
06-17-2004, 12:30 AM
The bow is yet to be released and is craftable for _all_ to use. Did I mention I had the stats lowered myself? It has the least damage and no wc bonus.

The stupidity in your last paragraph doesn't even need to be identified.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-17-2004, 02:12 AM
The bow is yet to be released and is craftable for _all_ to use.

As is the zormite blade, which you added into your little summary of items kingdoms have :)

The stupidity in your last paragraph doesn't even need to be identified.

^^

GoZelda
06-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Zshield of Honour.
Wasn't the normal Zshield meant to indicate honor?

slightly reminded of the fleur de lis.
Dude, goddamn, it is the fleur de lis. Apparently someone thought 'hey that looks cool' and adds it to the shield. I'm not telling you to stop wearing the goddamn shield, but that perhaps it should be changed x_x

"*****, forest shield is way better. That armour's crap."
Answer to that:
Forest shield had ac+2 but was lowered to 1

busyrobot
06-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Personally I like the shield gfx.

As to its stats, they are decent, though most people I am sure would prefer shields with better combat stats.

Thing is, when the Forest Shield was released, GK was totally different. Today every other player has a SoHD and flip with hotkeys between their PMoP and their Mithril.

Today, the event item pirate belt has worse stats than a craftable glok belt. >_<

I think the Samurai boots are overkill, they were supposed to have negative wc to offset their other good stats, but the - wc actually improved the wc capacity to hit instead of hinder due to a bug with every EA used. Instead of fixing it, the staff just lowered one of the other stats or something like that.

I personally think GK would be better if stats where not so high and the game itself was harder to play, instead of really easy with the only factor being how much time you spend at the keyboard mining xp.

Anyway, don't blame the Zormite shield for moderately decent stats.

GoZelda
06-17-2004, 09:58 PM
The whole CF system just doesn't work with Graal...

darkemporor
06-19-2004, 06:20 AM
I guess since I created the shield I should remark on the use of this emblem. Quite honestly, in the creation I did not intend to suggest any association with French history. It was a symbol of royalty in my head and found itself on the shield as a crest of honor, nothing more. My apologies to those it offends.

Some interesting facts about the symbol, I found after seeing this thread and doing a little research.

The English translation of "fleur-de-lis" is "flower of the lily." This symbol, depicting a stylized lily or lotus flower, has many meanings. Traditionally, it has been used to represent French royalty, and is said to signify perfection, light, and life. Legend has it that an angel presented a Merovingian king of the Franks with a golden lily as a symbol when waterlilies showed him how to safely cross a river and thus succeed in battle. (oh yey, a watery relevance!)

Its use for ornamental or symbolic purposes is common to all eras and all civilisations. It is found on Mesopotamian cylinders, Egyptian bas-reliefs, Mycenean potteries, Sassanid textiles, Gaulish coins, Mameluk coins, Indonesian clothes, Japanese emblems and Dogon totems. (No wonder it stuck in my head)

So it's not exclusively French. It has been used as an ornament or an emblem by almost all civilisations of the old and new worlds.

Wren

Splke
06-27-2004, 01:43 AM
[/TROLLING]

:high fives:

Ahem.. back to the mahem.

GoZelda
06-27-2004, 09:38 PM
So it's not exclusively French. It has been used as an ornament or an emblem by almost all civilisations of the old and new worlds.
So by saying that I could use the Dutch, Russian or French flag for some GK item because they all share the same colours? I think that's a terrible lack opf creativity.

Wren

Go to the user CP. On the left table, there's something with a 'signature'. This can come in handy.

Debaglio
06-01-2005, 08:45 PM
All ZSoH must return to Zormite.

GoZelda
06-01-2005, 09:11 PM
Jesus man get out of my thread >=O

Zero Hour
06-01-2005, 10:01 PM
Who's going to make the owners return them, you?

"Give me that shield, it belongs to the Zormite Kingdom!"
"Suck a plum, *****."

xAndrewx
06-02-2005, 09:31 AM
Exactly what Zero Hour has said o_o.

LordZen
06-03-2005, 11:03 AM
I didnt like those new Zormite shields, anyway. I still own a copy of the original Zormite shield I made. ^^

I dont know how many exist in GK anymore, forgot.

xAndrewx
06-05-2005, 02:22 PM
Why don't we all scam and obtain a shield of honour. That's what Graynt and Etien did.

Zero Hour
06-05-2005, 06:20 PM
I didnt like those new Zormite shields, anyway. I still own a copy of the original Zormite shield I made. ^^

I dont know how many exist in GK anymore, forgot.
A few, but not many people actually use them. I remember when I saw them the first time I was like "wow... awesome design".

Debaglio
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
I believe there are 7 ZS.

What is the process to get more? The new members should have a chance to be part of the tradition. I have passed my ZS down the chain, and have many other deserving members that should be able to rep their kingdom.

LordZen
06-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Get Stefan to add more?

Thats the only way they get on the server. He needs to give a certain number to the kingdom king, and then he can event them out or whatever. Thats how Wren distributed hers. Well, mine was a gift (I made it though so yea).

Keep it limited though or it'll be stupid..

Zero Hour
06-17-2005, 02:17 PM
Get Stefan to add more?
Egads. He would be better trying to get the old shields.

AlaricoMontario
06-18-2005, 05:21 AM
My question is.. do the current people under Graynt's regime even deserve a shield bearing the word 'honor' ?

juice188
06-18-2005, 06:05 AM
no, not at all