PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying event!

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-12-2004, 03:09 PM
Hello!

Later on today, the 12th i believe, i will be holding a long roleplaying event! I estimate that it'll be held at around 9pm GMT, so that's 3-4pm EST i think?

Only a certain amount of people can participate in the event, but everyone has a chance to, since the participants will be selected possibly through a quick question, or a hard question, or maybe chosen by who has the best short little RP introduction about themselves (although bjorn might be wary of biase in that last one =x).

There will be a prize for every participant!

Also, i need roleplaying helpers to help me do this event, so if you'd like to take part, i'd be very thankful. Forum PM me or contact me in game, or over msn messenger via [email protected] if you would like to help!

Edit:Whoo, what a lack of enthusiasm from people! lol j/k i got a few helpers already. But anyway, i'm going to hold the event tomorrow, or probably later during the week, for several reasons. One is that i haven't seen bjorn yet, and two is that Stefan's borked the server with all his debugging and such, so its laggy as hell once again.

Myukoi
06-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Sounds fun! I'm so glad to see you and other people helping out the community.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-14-2004, 06:49 PM

The event will be held this friday at 9pm GMT, that's like 4 oclock EST, i believe?

Myukoi
06-14-2004, 08:15 PM
I wonder what time is that central. (Louisiana)

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Right then! The RP event is today, it'll start at around 9pm GMT which is when the selection process will take place also!

I still need one or two helpers, so forum PM me or contact me on MSN (my address is up the top there) if you want to help out :D

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-19-2004, 02:00 AM
Double post, but oh well!

Well, the event was a big success, aside from a bumpy start and a long waiting period for those helping me out!

It started off with seven questions, each time the first one to answer a question got to be in the Adventure gang! The lucky seven people to take part were:

Kinkino!
A paladin, named John!
The Prince of Dustari, Craigus!
The ever-noble Spike Kuniva!
Mutiké Krestfall!
A brave fella named Fox!
And last but not least, Drk Steele!

The plot was that a friend, Robert McChicken, has been robbed of his keys, and he asked us to find them! The only clue at the crimescene was a pirate flag, so after building a boat we set sail for pirate waters!
We soon ran into trouble with the very mayor of pirates himself, Dehitay Tenjin! After boarding his ship and surrounding him, we forced some keys out of him and discovered where he'd dropped the rest- he'd hidden them in a cursed cave!
So off we went, down into a nest full of evil monsters, and we found a clue! It was a wand! So, we searched a few magic shops for its owner and eventually found one! It was that wisened ol' fox, Nido!
After asking him politely about the keys, it turned out he had found some while battling a demon a few days previously. So, in exchange for his wand back, we gained four more keys!
The last three were still missing, but the wizard helped us out by telling about the demon. We trekked down to his lair in the southwesterly dungeons, and eventually found him! He was a tricky beast indeed, and very dangerous! We battled long and hard, being warped this way and that by his spells and the spells of our own mage, Bjorn! John the paladin was even injured, but we managed to nurse him back to health, and the demon was defeated, spilling out the last three keys!

The bargain was that in return for finding Robert McChicken's precious keys, we could have the contents of the chests which the keys belonged to! Great!

I'd like to thank Bjorn for letting this all happen, supplying the prizes, and warping us to where we needed to be for the start and finish, and to unstick some of us!
I'd also like to thank the participants, they were great :D
But also, i would like to give a HUGE thanks to the three helpers that helped me out, they had to give up a great deal of time, most of it spent waiting for me to finish bungling about!
So thank you, Nido, Dehitay, and Gryffon Durime!

Myukoi
06-21-2004, 02:40 AM
Wow, it actually looks like it was fun. I really wish 2002 had more rp events like 2001, i still remember those events Gryffon held, they were kind of fun, in a silly amagius was a weird alien kind of way.

GryffonDurime
06-21-2004, 06:09 AM
Oh god don't bring up Crown Arena.

Baaaaaad memories.

Myukoi
06-21-2004, 06:26 AM
I remember everyone fighting over who is king sometimes.. One RP was really good though.

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-21-2004, 02:43 PM
The problem is that its very hard to think up of events where a lot of people can RP at the same time. Jagen's event we did in hotaru came close, with RP groups entering one after another, but that was like...an acting competition, it wasnt really an RP adventure =x

csod123
06-25-2004, 03:31 AM
we realy do need more events.