AND MAKE IT DARKER AT NIGHT

AlexH
06-21-2001, 04:32 AM
thats not your idea
a) that idea was thought of aaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggeeeeeeeeeesssssssssss ago
b) it has already been made

Fai
06-21-2001, 04:37 AM
WELL I AM SORRY MY IDEA IS THAT THEY USE THEIR IDEA ONLIKE OK!?!?

AlexH
06-21-2001, 04:43 AM
actually
some of them do have it online
ToT has a small part of it online (the rain the rest isnt finished)
but
X Online has a fully working weather system online.
Also Faheria has a great rain system which actually moves about the server and it is raining in some place and not in otheres.
Id say the Faheria one is best then the ToT one then the X Online one

Fai
06-21-2001, 04:52 AM
no dog i meant Graal2001.

vergil
06-21-2001, 06:20 AM
de ja vu tons of lag

_0AfTeRsHoCk0_
06-21-2001, 11:09 AM
Classic has that rain thing in Baobard, but then again it lags so much who knows if it will work some days and if it won't others...

grim_squeaker_x
06-21-2001, 05:50 PM
X Online weather system needs a desperate update, but the owner prefers if I continue working on our secret project for now.

Fai
06-21-2001, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by vergil
de ja vu tons of lag

!?!?!

tehre would be no lag

all they would do is make a darker seteffect, while they did that there use showimg and make them show raindrops in random places a couple of dem there or stuffz or do some HIGH TECH npc server stuff.

Kaimetsu
06-22-2001, 12:05 AM
de ja vu tons of lag

Dictionary: lag.

MoonAngel
06-22-2001, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000

2) Faharia stole ToTs basis of it moving around, its just that the levels which the public sees can't see the moving weather since I just locked it onto the main level.

So that's why that npc won't move around anymore, but guess what, i think i saw a second npc somwhere in the levels, else it was another locked rain and why did you block them anyways?

MoonAngel
06-22-2001, 12:23 AM
de ja vu tons of lag

[déjà vu] means he saw that before in this case, he saw tons of lag with this type of npc before, except that now with npcs server, it works fine :D

oh and GS, ok, the rain moves through levels, YAY, but i saw a rain npc in an inside level x.X

Kaimetsu
06-22-2001, 12:24 AM
Nuk! It does not need the NPC Server!

MoonAngel
06-22-2001, 12:26 AM
well, i've seen weather effects on a PW and it was lagging like hell (ok, bad scripting probably)

Kaimetsu
06-22-2001, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by MoonAngel
well, i've seen weather effects on a PW and it was lagging like hell (ok, bad scripting probably)

Yes, it was bad scripting. Have a cookie.

grim_squeaker_x
06-22-2001, 12:51 AM
I think it's best when scripting weather that only the type of weather is done globally; the rest should just be done clientside.

MoonAngel
06-22-2001, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

Yes, it was bad scripting. Have a cookie.

eats the cookie, thanks!! and i like that avatar lol, the outlined npc lmao

To everyone:
as for those weather systems, Faheria and TOT basically had the same idea, of course they are both like: "you stole my idea" "no you did" "i didnt! you did!" anyways, WHO CARES, many PW can have rain clouds moving through levels, it just needs the scipter to do it and Faheria and TOT do not have the same rain animation so.. get over it! everything is fine x.X

Kaimetsu
06-22-2001, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Gspeed2000
Kaimetsu, hows that tornado going? :D

Currently, it isn't. I have exams, man, and it'll be one hack of a long time before I can think about doing it. Even then, I've told a lot of people I'd make a lot of things for them, and I think i'm gonna have to reevaluate my "to do" list. Faheria's intro might suffer, unfortunately...