PDA

View Full Version : Forest - Pause of production

--Chris--
05-20-2004, 06:39 AM
Well, something screwed all my rights on debug, possibly a "hard-drive problem" according to Stefan. Right now development would be on a stand-still until they are re-added. Just thought I'd let the public know so you stop whining to me :) Oh yeah, would you guys prefer if I decided to just say screw drastic updates and just did things the way I used to?

Splke
05-20-2004, 07:32 AM
Finish Items and the Castle, re-make the island itself when you get more free time <3

Ziro_Vitrudestec
05-20-2004, 07:37 AM
Well, something screwed all my rights on debug, possibly a "hard-drive problem" according to Stefan. Right now development would be on a stand-still until they are re-added. Just thought I'd let the public know so you stop whining to me :) Oh yeah, would you guys prefer if I decided to just say screw drastic updates and just did things the way I used to?

Screw it all. Make people earn the updates. Run a hardcore RPed campaign to take over the world. Once the world is yours, your members will deserve the updates.

Splke
05-20-2004, 08:41 AM
Screw it all. Make people earn the updates. Run a hardcore RPed campaign to take over the world. Once the world is yours, your members will deserve the updates.

>.> Do you know how hard that would be with Forest's old treatys getting in the way?

Dustari would be quite angry, and I guarantee you, THERE WILL NOT BE TEXT BASED WARS. Then again, he's got my full support, and I'm just that damn good..

Oh, except for the banned part xD!

Monkeyboy_McGee
05-20-2004, 12:37 PM
Finish Items and the Castle, re-make the island itself when you get more free time <3

I'd say the castle and island would be more important than the items. If forest had lotsa places to RP, like i dunno, treetops and burrows in the ground, like elves generally do, that'd be better than if they were just standing there with their items on a completely blank island, not knowing what to do other than use the items on players :O

But, i'm not the one developing, so yeah whatever.

MarkB
05-20-2004, 11:09 PM
Forest has been down for over 6 months.

Thallen
05-21-2004, 12:00 AM
Whoo, I think I am still the longing dwelling Cadet in Forest. :p

GryffonDurime
05-21-2004, 02:18 AM
Dustari wouldn't abuse the fact that the Talisan/Sagesun family's combined power is like that of the A-Bomb dropped on Hiroshima, It would be nice to have an all text war like from 2k1. And if worse comes to worse, I'd like to see someone try to drag Zoe off to the gallows. Just try it ;)

Splke
05-21-2004, 03:07 AM
I'd like to see someone try to drag Zoe off to the gallows. Just try it ;)

Haha, you have no clue. Zoe would be the least of my problems. =P It'd come down to something like, friends that would stop me. Zoe's ac isn't as high as you would think bub.

On a lighter note, I <3 Zoe and I don't like putting her down, even if it is simple jealousy.

I'd say the castle and island would be more important than the items. If forest had lotsa places to RP, like i dunno, treetops and burrows in the ground, like elves generally do, that'd be better than if they were just standing there with their items on a completely blank island, not knowing what to do other than use the items on players :O

But, i'm not the one developing, so yeah whatever.

The island is what is taking him the longest, he's redoing each little tile, adding more foilage, tree's, a much larger Forest across the land, and that takes more time then you would think. Re-doing an entire island (the size of Forest) tile by tile (i think 4x4?) would be almost, 2000 tiles+? I mean, sheesh.

Pirates has been ****ty for 2 months, you've owned for more then 1 month. Point proven.

Raelyn
05-22-2004, 08:54 AM

*shrugs* I say screw the drastic updates, revive forest, and go for the less drastic updates in small increments over time, if you slowly changed things little by little, you would have an active kingdom the entire time, eventually you would have a whole new forest, and the small updates would keep people on the edge of thier seats to see what is coming next, it would be interesting I'm sure. *smiles*

Though, I'm behind you on whatever you decide to do with forest, as long as I get to be in it. <3 *boggles and darts* :eek:

Monkeyboy_McGee
05-22-2004, 12:03 PM
The island is what is taking him the longest, he's redoing each little tile, adding more foilage, tree's, a much larger Forest across the land, and that takes more time then you would think. Re-doing an entire island (the size of Forest) tile by tile (i think 4x4?) would be almost, 2000 tiles+? I mean, sheesh.

Cripes, had no idea he was doing anything as crazy as that :megaeek:

Pirates has been ****ty for 2 months, you've owned for more then 1 month. Point proven.

Haha, now who's doing the trolling, argosax? ;) ;) ;)
I didn't want to say anything myself, although mark did just get out a shovel and start digging for himself back there :rolleyes:

Edit: ps. heh, that new "QOUTE=ACCOUNTNAME" thingy is really cool. Im beginning to like the new forums :D

Splke
05-22-2004, 01:43 PM
Cripes, had no idea he was doing anything as crazy as that :megaeek:

Yeah, it's not easy when half of the time, he was doing it alone, now IRL troubles keep him and his partner from continuing their work on it... ::sigh::

Haha, now who's doing the trolling, argosax? ;) ;) ;)
I didn't want to say anything myself, although mark did just get out a shovel and start digging for himself back there :rolleyes:

I've been the good boy for too long, Mark asked for that, thus, it really isn't trolling. :) Although, I do admit, that was purposely negative towards him.

Edit: ps. heh, that new "QOUTE=ACCOUNTNAME" thingy is really cool. Im beginning to like the new forums :D

;) Yeah, it owns eh. (notice the purpose use of ACCOUNTNAME)

--Chris--
05-22-2004, 05:33 PM
Rights were re-added :)

Splke
05-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Rights were re-added :)

::dances::

Too bad I can't get on! :frown:

Ziro_Vitrudestec
05-22-2004, 08:15 PM
>.> Do you know how hard that would be with Forest's old treatys getting in the way?

Chris is a smart fellow. I'm assuming he wouldn't assume the only way to reach such a goal is to set every kingdom to "enemy" mode.

Then again, he's got my full support, and I'm just that damn good..

You see? You stated a problem- and stated the solution. Problem solved.

Pirates has been ****ty for 2 months, you've owned for more then 1 month. Point proven..

Indeed a point proven. Are you sure it's only a 2 month count though? ^^

Chris has my support on whatever he does. ;)

Splke
05-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Chris is a smart fellow. I'm assuming he wouldn't assume the only way to reach such a goal is to set every kingdom to "enemy" mode.

Well, of course not. I just was presenting the idea, that if Forest ever went to war with the other kingdoms, Dustaris old treaty would stop us from doing much.

You see? You stated a problem- and stated the solution. Problem solved.

Was that a compliment?

Indeed a point proven. Are you sure it's only a 2 month count though? ^^

Chris has my support on whatever he does. ;)

No, I'm not sure. I was referring to Mark having it for 2 months >_<

Ziro_Vitrudestec
05-22-2004, 09:59 PM
Was that a compliment?

I suppose it was (but not just to you, but on Forest's side as a whole). I thought of it more as bragging- though peolpe usually brag on their own behalf and not on the behalf of other people.

XGoLink
05-22-2004, 10:19 PM
Atleast the leader is working on it, and on sometimes too :megaeek:

Splke
05-23-2004, 07:43 AM
I suppose it was (but not just to you, but on Forest's side as a whole). I thought of it more as bragging- though peolpe usually brag on their own behalf and not on the behalf of other people.

Too tired to understand.. =(

Raelyn
05-23-2004, 09:01 AM
Atleast the leader is working on it, and on sometimes too :megaeek:

I noticed that Mark's profile says his favorite graal hangout is debug, and I'm willing to bet that is the only reason he wanted pirates, I mean, honestly, Kerith is pretty much in control of the pirates. *boggles and darts*

Ziro_Vitrudestec
05-23-2004, 09:57 AM
I noticed that Mark's profile says his favorite graal hangout is debug, and I'm willing to bet that is the only reason he wanted pirates, I mean, honestly, Kerith is pretty much in control of the pirates. *boggles and darts*

Wrong. MarkB controls pirates. Kerith may be running things... but MarkB definitly owns the kingdom. You'd be better off guessing he wanted the kingdom to be able to be known as owner of it. If he wanted debug, he could have gone the non-king staff route (he was an events person...and is a graphics person...).

XGoLink
05-23-2004, 12:39 PM
graphics person
Not a truelly great one though, despite being a mod of the GFX forums.

Raelyn
05-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Wrong. MarkB controls pirates. Kerith may be running things... but MarkB definitly owns the kingdom. You'd be better off guessing he wanted the kingdom to be able to be known as owner of it. If he wanted debug, he could have gone the non-king staff route (he was an events person...and is a graphics person...).

I never said Mark didn't own the kingdom, I just said he isn't on top of things, Kerith is, he is just the figurehead that never logs on and probably spends 90% of his graal time on debug rather than on GK/with his kingdom.

GoZelda
05-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Less on debug, and more on Era...

darkreign3
05-25-2004, 03:02 AM
I think we should have a betetr way to contact staff =/

Ziro_Vitrudestec
05-25-2004, 04:03 AM
Less on debug, and more on Era...

It doesn't matter. He can just claim to say he's working on reviving the kingdom with major/drastic updates on debug like Chris. Even though the difference will be that Chris actually does stuff (he even showed us a forest bow, no? and didn't he start this whole thread?)- he can pull that off if what he's currently doing (nothing) is not pulled off.

WanDaMan
06-01-2004, 07:32 PM
You don't need RC to work on level's. Do that.

darkreign3
06-09-2004, 10:21 PM
How do you talk to people on debug?

Hunter-Draconis
06-11-2004, 10:52 PM
Argosax is the king of trolling xD

MarkB.... I won't even get into what I think about him... :X

Anyways the drastic updates will pay off so i say keep on the course and ignore the peanut galleries of graal :P

and chris i needa talk to you on messenger, ass elf out ~

Monkeyboy_McGee
06-12-2004, 03:07 AM
Argosax is the king of trolling xD

Wtf, screw you, you little scumbag, i'm a way better troller than he is. He doesn't even have his own bridge to sit under =/

darkreign3
06-12-2004, 04:59 AM
I was in Forest but Chris kicked me out then blacklisted me i think...? I was one of the only people who wore the kingdom tag, then one day i was talking to Chris and he told me to remove the tag or he would kick me out of the kingdom..... IT was liek he didn't even want people to put on the kingdom tag..... so this would kinda explain why forest is inactive -_-

--Chris--
06-13-2004, 06:49 AM
Ah yes, the common idiot with the common inevident, one sided story. The public knows me well enough to not act so unthoughtfully but if you'd like to insist on provoking me to the point where I'll make an ass of you feel free to proceed and waste everyones' time.

FenixTheBanished
07-09-2004, 05:11 PM
*shrugs* I say screw the drastic updates, revive forest, and go for the less drastic updates in small increments over time, if you slowly changed things little by little, you would have an active kingdom the entire time, eventually you would have a whole new forest, and the small updates would keep people on the edge of thier seats to see what is coming next, it would be interesting I'm sure. *smiles*

Though, I'm behind you on whatever you decide to do with forest, as long as I get to be in it. <3 *boggles and darts* :eek:

Don't you realize that Chris doesn't care about an active kingdom until his work is done and then he can work on an active kingdom. Also there are active Forest members only almost everyday, me being on of those, so we are active as a kingdom, just not as active as you all would like, so that would be your own personal opinion on what the definition of a "active" kingdom is. And the small updates to keep us on the edge of our seats... what would be the point? That would be like recruiting members and them just being there to see what Chris does with Forest, to be in Forest you need the passion to be in it, not just to be in some cool kingdom like all the KJ idiots, i.e. Nayoko who will recruit anyone right on the spot. You people just need to be less narrowminded. And why would he quit now after finishing basically EVERYTHING, can you say that that just doesn't make any sense, also you know he might of been saying it in a sarcastic way... Just my "open" minded opinion

FenixTheBanished
07-09-2004, 05:16 PM
I was in Forest but Chris kicked me out then blacklisted me i think...? I was one of the only people who wore the kingdom tag, then one day i was talking to Chris and he told me to remove the tag or he would kick me out of the kingdom..... IT was liek he didn't even want people to put on the kingdom tag..... so this would kinda explain why forest is inactive -_-

Dude, thats a total lie, not to mention that I am on tag everyday when Chris is or isn't on and he has yet and never will tell me to remove my tag unless I do something to deserve to get kicked out of the kingdom. You did something to Chris and to hurt the kingdoms name/image in order for him to kick you out, period.