PDA

View Full Version : Rights

AndreyGunblade
05-04-2004, 06:31 AM
Hello, The rights for dustarians are messed up i mean there is a crossbow men and then bowmen/women ((thanks for the new classes padren : ) )) But still i mean i have been an archer for a while and i looked at the ranks and the rangers dont get any rights. why? i meant they are the 4th rank of somthing they should a a minor rank. and even the rank above that does not get anything the commander and thats the 5th i mean come on they should get something. (( ps sry for misspelling having to write fast))

Butz
05-04-2004, 02:12 PM
I think the rights are fine the way they are now. If too many ranks started to get rights, it would be impossible to keep track of everything.

Satrek2000
05-04-2004, 03:32 PM
I have to agree with Shawn - it's enough if the leaders have rights, and for rangers, I believe that would be the head of the military. Also, you don't need rights to roleplay any rank ;)

Monkeyboy_McGee
05-04-2004, 05:15 PM
Yeah. giving away rights just because your rank is high up in its chain is silly; rights should be given out on a basis of whether that rank actually needs them or not :)

AndreyGunblade
05-05-2004, 12:06 AM
Ok, But im just saying every 3 ranks you can at least get somthing the commander is the leader of a small army he should at least get moving house rights, or somthing

GryffonDurime
05-05-2004, 01:42 AM
Why? So that he can use houses for cover fire?

Honestly, it's just that he dosent NEED that for his rank.

busyrobot
05-05-2004, 01:53 AM
The rights system for Dustari is quite well thought out - open for debate - but thought out.

Rights are not given out as a sign of authority or such - they are given when that rights is required to help that rank perform it's duties and carry out its responsibilities.

For instance, not even a Field Marshal can recruit - why? Because a Field Marshal, dispite being one of the very highest ranks, has nothing to do with immigration.

All new citizens go through a testing and then partake in a citizenship rp event in the castle, under the direction of the Royal Family or the Chancellor.

Promotions are also done during RP ceremonies, though the testing for promotions occur beforehand.

As for house moving, we have a good number of people on most of the time who can approve houses, if there is a strain on them during a building boom, we may revise it, but it works well right now and I can be assured that no build zones will be respected and such.

We have an rp process in place for the promotion of members by the leaders of the branches and such, and by keeping this working smoothly we are also assured that people don't get promoted who the day before where reprimanded for bad behavior or such.

As a Archer, its your role to help encourage our citizens to take up the bow and train new bowmen. The process in place, is that you are to train them, and have them tested by a senior military officer or a member of the royal family.

If there is anything I can help with, please let me know :)

AndreyGunblade
05-05-2004, 04:30 PM
Allright well that makes sense.

nyyanks1
10-29-2004, 04:59 AM
Rangers train Archers right? That wasn't in your posts Paddy :) Just asking?