PDA

View Full Version : Event Ideas!

MasterNuke
05-02-2004, 05:56 PM
I just woke up and this idea came!
Special Spar Arena... a little bar pops up next to your normal HP... each person has 10hp... and whatever weapon they use does 1 damage... regening of that special hp is disabled... therefore we won't have people bickering about people having better stuff than the other person!

thelostviking
05-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Sounds nice.
I think its worth coding.
But spar will be always a bit unfair.
Good Comps and Broadband will always own old comps on dialup.

dNeonb
05-02-2004, 06:27 PM
The ide is good. Healingpotions and spells should be disabled. And the same ac / wc for everyone, maybe.

Satrek2000
05-02-2004, 06:51 PM
It would be quite like classic spars for that matter... I think the idea is good, but personally, I'd go further - have a special spar arena where the EM can controle what's on and what's not - like, disable spells, disable weapons, maybe even armour, set everyone to the same ac/wc/hp... it would be nice, and offer new possibilities, but I believe it's a bugger to code.

busyrobot
05-03-2004, 03:32 AM
I am hoping to have a special spar coded in our Dustari Acadamy of Arms if I can get it done - and it would be usable elsewhere of course, which uses a 'point' system. You would be able to set the point total for a win before hand, and everytime you are in a contact-zone (ie, where an AC check would occur) it is a one point hit regardless of wc/ac.

I also was thinking about possible having a hit warp both players back to starting points, or at least force them both to touch them before another point can be scored.

That would prevent 'repeat hits' and also hit backs, so it would be more like irl martial art sparring.

Brad
05-03-2004, 03:38 AM
bamboo would own

so fast and mad nice reach

busyrobot
05-03-2004, 07:12 AM
wouldn't just train with bamboo though :)

the purpose would be to train in what is more important that AC and WC - not getting hit and hitting without getting hit.

Movement is the largest factor in combat (unless you can't break the enemy's ac at all)

Satrek2000
05-03-2004, 02:26 PM
@Padren: I'm looking forward to it, tell me if you need a sheep to test some blunt things on ;)

Ah, reminds me of a lumber axe only last-man-standing I had once... :D

darkreign3
06-11-2004, 08:04 AM
IT sounds like fun but i think it would be alot better if you jsut gave me a stick so i could beat people on the head