PDA

View Full Version : Blue Screen

ViCtOrEhEhEh
05-02-2004, 04:19 AM
Everytime I play Graal in the middle of me playing a blue screen comes up and says something about Dumping Physical Memory and then it counts all the way to 100 and restarts. Then my friend Fei Chill told me I have a Blaster Worm and I got this program to take it out. After I did it twice and followed all the directions it said both times "Blaster Worm not found."
I'm very ticked and I need some help. Also I heard from one of my friends that I should reformat my computer. Should I?

Loriel
05-02-2004, 10:58 AM
in the middle of me playing a blue screen comes up
Eh. Would it not come up at the end of you playing?

I doubt a reformat is neccessary. Reinstall Graal and perhaps Windows?

Spark910
05-02-2004, 02:28 PM
Well scan for ALL viruses/trojans, not just blaster worm, get a program for free if you dont have one such as AVG Anti-virus and then scan for everything with that.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
05-02-2004, 04:45 PM
Do you know where I can get that program or any other ones?

Spark910
05-02-2004, 04:52 PM
http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

Leasure-13
05-03-2004, 01:56 AM
If you think it is the blaster worm, go to Microsoft.com and click on the link for the blaster worm, or do it in the search, and there will be a download and some other things listed there on how to remove it.

R0bin
05-03-2004, 02:58 PM
It isnt the blaster worm. The blaster worm uses a windows box and counts down from 30.

Basically a pysical memory dump happens when you have a general protection fault error, which is when something majorly bad happens in your computer, and you should reboot. It is most probably that your graphics card is incompatible with your version of DirectX. Redownload+install DirectX and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
05-03-2004, 07:14 PM
Thanks ALOT Spark. I installed that program and I healed 113 infected files, I put 3 viruses in the Virus Vault and I still have 3 viruses still in my computer and I'm unable to delete them :X. Also thanks r0bin but I'm kind of not that smart and dont know how to install the lastest Gfx card thing. :frown: But If you can help me out step by step that would help me Alot! I'm now going to stay on Graal and if that Blue Screen comes up again I'll come back and tell you guys. Also r0bin If was Can and want to and have the spare time to can you PM me what to do to install the latest GFX card or whatever you said :P. Anyway thanks all of you for all your help.